• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesh

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYsPe6gDnYE
green lantern confirmed to be as lame as olimar

anyone here ever paint a controller? I have a bunch of GC controllers I never used and I'd like to see if i can make one look pretty cool. maybe glow in the dark paint or something. just wondering exactly how...

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Ironman passes the torch to War Machine like Batman did Robin in DKR
PLEASE tell me you are not one of those who thinks that the new gen cop in TDKR is actually future Robin/NightWing. LOL Its the NEW BATMAN.

Xyro77

Idc what he becomes, his name is **** "Robin" Grayson

Christian Bale said that if robin or any form of a side kick is included in TDK/TDKR he would walk off the set and quit (google the article) but since TDKR came out it means that that JDL real name being "Robin" was ONLY there to be a nod to the robin fans and not a confirmation of JGL being Robin.

Also, Since batman quit after the events of TDKR why in the F would he pass on his legacy/batcave to a anybody but the next BATMAN. LOL Nolan would never make THAT much of a fukc up in a movie.

JGL=the next batman. a book nerd like you is incapable of seeing the truth.

Suspect

Smash Hero
and you obv lack reading comprehension cause I said his name is Robin, which is why I called him that. Not that he was Robin. They even say that in the movie. I didnt call him by his real name cause it would of got censored/sounded weird...but then I remember that he went by a different name. quit being an egotistical nerd

Xyro77

and you obv lack reading comprehension cause I said his name is Robin, which is why I called him that. Not that he was Robin. They even say that in the movie. I didnt call him by his real name cause it would of got censored/sounded weird...but then I remember that he went by a different name. quit being an egotistical nerd
NICE TWIST, BOOK NERD. YOU GOT CAUGHT EATING YOUR OWN **** SO NOW YOU TRY AND TWIST IT ON ME. IT AINT GONNA WORK, HARRY POTTER LOVIN' BICH. JUST ADMIT U DONT KNOW **** ABOUT ROBIN AND BATMAN AND EVERYTHING WILL GO BACK TO NORMAL.

Xyro77

OMFG I have never been so disappointed in a movie this much before. Ironman 3 was a literal waste on all levels. It wasn't funny, it was VERY corny, the acting was horrible from every actor and the movie completely erases everything done in IM 1 and IM 2. I'll wait a few days before I **** on it in detail but just know that whatever you have seen in the trailers is 100% different (in a bad way) than the actual movie.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Iron Man 3 was bad.

After reading the plot summary on wikipedia yesterday, I could have told you that.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Then why do you refuse to play video game demos, yet you watch movie trailers?

Movie trailers are samples...demo if you will...of the movie.

You flip flopping poopface Marvel nerd.

I read the summary and knew the movie would be bad.

Books>movies.

Xyro77

Demos spoil the game because it is literally a piece of the game. Gameplay/controls/music/story/that feeling of first time playing......ect all wrecked.

Trailers don't spoil anything because it is not enough info (it's cut up into oddly ordered scenes so that u can't tell what is going on) to spoil the whole movie. The music is different, voices are used out of place......ect.

Current best example: ironman 3

Xyro77

The only time I have ever felt spoiled was with TDKR. I saw all 200 trailers and pieces up enough info. When u dig THAT deep, u can eventually spoil it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Trailers always have the best part of the movies...it's called ADVERTISING. Notice how trailers are always full of action...and you don't call this spoilers? You got hyped because of a trailer and got disappointed with the full movie

Demos are just a piece of actual gameplay, but also let you test the game. They hardly spoil anything plot related or show the best parts, so it makes a bigger surprise or impact.

Trailers=a sample of the best parts of the movie but arranged to deceive you to watching the full movie
Video game demo=a sample of actual video game with no editing

You got what you deserved, damn movie nerd.

Trela

Smash Lord
Let this be a warning to anyone who still wants to go see it.

There's no need for you to have to suffer like that.

You're a beautiful person on both the inside and the outside, there's no need.

There's no need.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Tallman confirmed not beautiful on the inside or outside.

Go read a book ya damn movie nerd.

Xyro77

Trailers always have the best part of the movies...it's called ADVERTISING.
Incorrect.

1. "best part(s)" of the movie is 110% opinion. Thus your argument is AUTO wrong (which is normal for book nerds like you).
2. Even if there was a universal "best part of the movie" in trailers, they DO NOT/WOULD NOT show them (or else there would be no need for the masses to go see the movie if u can see the bests parts of any given movie at home for free). They show things that will probably grab enough interests from the viewer in order for them to say "i want to see more of this, ill buy a ticket."

Xyro 1
RT 0

Notice how trailers are always full of action...and you don't call this spoilers?
1. Action doesnt NOT equal spoilers.
2. Action/explosions/fast movement captures interest more than slow scenes/calm atmosphere/intelligent dialogue. So THAT is why action is shown in trailers more than anything other else.

NONE of this has to do with spoilers. Hell, i can NEVER see a james bond movie ever again and yet ill already know it is an action movie.....does that mean the movie is spoiled? of course not.

Xyro 2
RT 0

You got hyped because of a trailer and got disappointed with the full movie
TBH only the first trailer got me hyped (the one where Tony's house blows up and Ironman is drowning). I saw the 2nd one (it shows 30 IronMans) and then the super bowl tv spot (the mid air AirForce One rescue) and my interest faded. I only went because its Marvel (they usually pump out good movies) and because Ironman is my fav super hero. I was dissapointed because the movie was just plain terrible from A-Z. Trela knows whats up.

XYRO 3
TRELA 1
RT 0

Demos are just a piece of actual gameplay, but also let you test the game. They hardly spoil anything plot related or show the best parts, so it makes a bigger surprise or impact.
Im sure you have not felt this EVER (because you spoil yourself on every game you are about to play) but a MAJOR part of playing a new game for the first time is the FIRST EXPERIENCE you have when you turn it on. Playing a demo 110% ruins that feeling (i knowit does because ive played several demos in my time). It also allows you to learn controls (again, another spoiler). Part of playing games is learning the controls from scratch). Also, there have been several demos that let you fight a boss battle and when u finally get the full game it turns out the boss you fought in the demo was a CRAZY MAJOR boss. Again, spoiled.

Trailers do not do that (in general) and especially if you only see 1 or 2 trailers.

XYRO 4
Trela 97
RT 0

Trailers=a sample of the best parts of the movie but arranged to deceive you to watching the full movie
wrong. already covered this.

XYRO 5
TRELA 12
RT 0

Video game demo=a sample of actual video game with no editing
BINGO!!!!!!!

Xyro 5
Trela 33
RT 1

You got what you deserved, damn movie nerd.
Whether i saw a trailer or not, the movie is TERIBBLE. So no.

Xyro 6
Trela 10000000000000000000
RT 1

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Tl:dr:

You wasted your money because you got suckered in by a flashy trailer.

You are a very bad movie nerd. Go read some REAL books.

Xyro77

if you would open your eyes all the way it wouldnt look so blurry and thus long.

You wasted your money because you got suckered in by a flashy trailer.
i already addressed this.

You are a very bad movie nerd. Go read some REAL books.
im not a movie nerd. i am a movie savant.

i also wont read "real" books unless my school requires it. books are so archaic. get with MODERN times, you google chrome book suckin NERD.

Xyro77

F you RT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom