• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

Just finished watching Ironman 2. Still not as good as 1 but i did notice lots of things ive missed in the past and it makes it a little better than i had previously thought. For example, Tony Stark PLANNED for Colonel Rhodes to have a suit (war machine) at some point. Another thing that was cool was the fact that WhipLash's goal was completely met even though he was beaten both times/died on the final encounter.

Tomorrow is Avengers.

Oh and if you wanna read about how WhipLash's actor ****s on Marvel/ironman 2 and the director....read here: http://bigfanboy.com/wp/?p=10650

Suspect

Smash Hero
Marvel movies are so over rated, cept Amazing Spiderman
If Man of Steel is any good it still wont do better than Ironman/marvel movies at the box office just cause they're MARVEL MOVIES
Also, im playing through Bioshock Infinite now. So good.

Xyro77

Marvel movies are so over rated, cept Amazing Spiderman
If Man of Steel is any good it still wont do better than Ironman/marvel movies at the box office just cause they're MARVEL MOVIES

LOL what makes marvel movies overrated? Is it because Marvel is mainstream now? is it because DC loses vs Marvel at the box office and because of that you are pissed? Both Marvel and DC produce some good movies and some S H I T movies dude. neither one of them is overrated imo.

Strictly talking 1990 and forward when it comes to movies.......

Marvel has produced some legit really good ones (avengers/ironman 1/amazing spider man), some decent ones (the punisher/blade/hulk 2008/captain america) and some really really bad ones (daredevil/electra/ghost rider/fantastic 4/x-men origins/'hulk 2003).

DC is either a HIT or a MISS with movies. LMAO they either produce utter **** (batman forever/batman and robin/catwoman/superman retruns/green lantern) or really really good (batman 1989/batman returns/ batman begins/TDK/TDKR/watchmen) movies.

DC has a very limited pool of characters so they obviously cant pop out movies every 6 months like Marvel does. That is probably why people think Marvel>DC is because we see much more marvel (because they have mass amounts of characters) than DC on any given year.

EDIT: I assume Man of Steel will be bad ass because it is being done by Chris Nolan (every movie he touches turns to gold) and i assume the JLA movie will be good too because of the rumors ive heard+the success of comic book movies in recent years.

Xyro77

Oh and im not sure if this is a big deal or not but from what i read/see, people can relate to marvel characters better than DC characters.

Take 2 popular DC chars like Batman (bruce) and Superman (clark) from the DC side.
Take 2 popular Marvel chars like Spiderman (peter) and Ironman (anthony) from the Marvel side.

This isnt about who is COOLER or who is the better hero but instead Which one relates closer to you as a person?

Suspect

Smash Hero
1st off im not pissed, just like you mentioned, once something becomes mainstream the sheep will follow.

and my parents/uncles are still alive so I cant relate to Batman/Spiderman

but I can relate to Flash cause black people like to run

edit: I dont dislike marvel, I just dont like it more than DC. Ironman is just Marvels Batman and he isnt even interesting, so you must just be talking about how well the movies are selling. Which I couldnt care less

Xyro77

1st off im not pissed, just like you mentioned, once something becomes mainstream the sheep will follow.

and my parents/uncles are still alive so I cant relate to Batman/Spiderman

but I can relate to Flash cause black people like to run

edit: I dont dislike marvel, I just dont like it more than DC. Ironman is just Marvels Batman and he isnt even interesting, so you must just be talking about how well the movies are selling. Which I couldnt care less

case closed.

DC>MARVEL

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Flip, who did you beat at Hobo 12?

I need a complete list with set count.

Xyro77

Im really scared guys.

The drop date for my math class has passed and im about to take my 2nd to last test. Its over matrices. im super scared and its super hard.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Ironman 2 prevented you from hanging out with your buddy P4?

WHAT A DAMN NERD.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Hey Zano.

I got one after three fights.

Are you mad yet?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I only regret not meeting my goal of getting two today.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I also got three mantles.

Your anguish amuses me.

This motivates me to get two of them today, along with a dynamo.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Not sure how long its goin on for but

Best Buy has new copies of UFC Undisputed 3 for $8

They trade in to gamestop for $12 +10% if you're a power up member and 30% if you put it towards a used game.

MAG for ps3 is only $1

I traded 3 copies(all my local Best Buy had) in for $16.80 each

thank me later

Suspect

Smash Hero
you're only allowed to trade 2 of the same per transaction...but there's like a gamestop every 2 miles. They cant deny you anyways. Only Best Buy does that for their trade ins...they'll ban you out of suspicion lol

one of my local gamestops managers is really cool with me and lets me slide with stuff though.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Zano, I got another one... so two total within 15 or so Lucents.

Let the rage flow through you.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I think it might be closer to 10, but I stopped counting after 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom