• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Ness has waaaaaaaaaaaaay better aerials. Which is why his recovery is better and he is harder to grab/trade to death. Just DJ+ aerial is better than squirtle's entire recovery.
ness of safe air move (when recovering from off stage) is fair because it is super disjointed/multi hitting/shield poking. Everything else is either OK or ****ty.

Even if Squirtle makes it to the ledge, RCO lag traps him there. Ness is heavy enough to take a grab release from characters that dont chaingrab him. Squirtle is 2nd lightest in the game, easier to grab and has to worry about dying from simply being deadzoned by tilts.
Im pretty sure Not everybody can GR squirtle. im also pretty sure EVERYBODY (but samus) can GR ness.

Yeah ness is heavier. nothing crazy though.

I disagree that squirtle is easy to grab. A good squirtle (like a good ness) shouldn't be fighting on the ground almost at all. fair/bair/ provide god like air mobility (FAR better than ness. squirtle is the wario of air mobility if u consider him low tier)) and uair/dair are very good too so you have plenty of air options.

Ness is a really good character with a grab release problem. He has sick combos, lots of safe options, better range, functional projectiles, a decent recovery and your stock is at risk once you pass 110. Squirtle is a mediocre character with grab release and weight issues + brawl's campy nature working against twofold.
I think you underrate squirtle big time. oh and if u think NESS combos (lol), then what does squirtle do?

And while Squirtle's throw technically is good, its not better in his matchups because he dies from grabs too (because he gets grab released into aerial that kill earlier than his throw). Even Ganondorf can grab release him into a bunch of stuff. Squirtle is a low weight, low range combo character, but his range and weight as soooo bad that he can't really afford to be wrong.

Wrong again about fatigue. It lowers damage AND hitstun. Not only do his combos do less damage overall, but they won't even link as well because despite his opponent being kept close, the hitstun ends too soon. All you really have to do is camp him and space. He can't combo off of a trade and if you've reached kill percents before fatigue hits, the other player is just way better than you.
ive seen reflex take kismet from 5% to 73% due to him being super fatigued. even with reduced hitstun falco didnt have a move that came out fast enough to trade hits with squirtle (and thus stop the combo) because squirtle was buffering each move. now think of what would happen in LOW TIER were nearly every character is grossly slow.

anyways

Dude what i dont think you are realizing is that we are NOT comparing PT to mid tier, high tier or top tier. We are comparing PT to

(±0)
:samus2:(±0) :bowser2:(±0) :falcon:(±0) :link2:(+1) :jigglypuff:(-1)
(±0)
:ganondorf:(±0)

aka LOW TIER.

In low tier, most (if not all) characters are slow (except falcon), cant kill reliably, have bad recovery (except samus) and cant reliably build up damage that well (except samus/mario). Now throw in the beastly squirtle. He would auto be the fastest character air mobility wise (which is a HUGE deal), can combo the best (mario would be 2nd best), jab/tilt lock the fastest/easiest, can GR everyone in LT iirc, has the best killing throw and can OVERALL dish out the most damage the easiest (yes ganon can land a 18% fair or something but its RARE he will land that). And yes squirtle is prob the 2nd lightest in low tier but dude its LOW TIER and in LT even jiggs lasts a decent while. Weight isnt a big deal here and neither is being GR into guaranteed damage.

And that is just squirtle.

Now thrown in charizard and its ovbious that PT is by far the best character in LT and thus should be in mid tier where he belongs.

All Charizard has is dash grab. He basically juggles himself when he gets hit and is suuuuuuuuuuuper slow when he isn't dashing (marginalizing the use of his tilts).
This^ is extremely short sighted/uneducated. Come on man.

Do I even need to explain why ivysaur is low tier?
no. i think ivysaur is 3rd worst in the game. hes mega poop.

Where are these low tier events that were swarmed with pokemon and luigis?
Luigi has never been low tier that i remember (prob because of Boss) but ike/sonic/ness/pt/yoshi def were and they dominated hard. all of 09 and 2010 but i cant search thread on this new SWF.

You seriously under estimate PT dude. The things ive seen reflex do (to high/top tiers, mind you) is OBSCENE. I even fought him about 6-7 times back when i actually played hardcore and he opened my eyes to some PT stuff that shouldn't be overlooked.

Next time you are at Sync's, talk to illmatic about what PT did to his peach. And then ask him what would happen if PT fought LOW TIER. he might throw up all over you.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I dunno, what are the best Pho places in town? I know two places.

Wii U VC is up.

Tesh

Smash Hero
The way Squirtle interacts with better characters isn't related to how he affects the low tier metagame. Sure Reflex landed a nice combo while fatigued on falco, sure he trashed illmatic pretty good. But didn't you beat a bunch of good ZSS and Peach mains with Samus? Didn't Ally win tournaments with Falcon (who has decent matchups with Wario, Sonic and ROB. A Low tier having 1 good matchup with a good character doesn't make him better against other low tiers.

He isn't super easy to grab if he plays super safe, but with the clock ticking against him, you can't really say call him safe and powerful.

Reflex is really good, but do you really feel like his PT is so much stronger than Boss/Vato/Kirin on Mario, Ally on Falcon, Legan/Mr. R on Link?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
That was one of the places.

Xyro77

The point of me bringing up squirtle beating higher tiers was to help you understand that if he can beat or go even with superior characters (anything outside of LT), think about what he can do to total trash characters like link/samus/jiggs.....ect. I've seen it and its GROSS.

And yeah I think reflex can def beat any low tier main like Vato, scissor, DLA, xyro....ect.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
What time are you guys going? I'll be in the galleria area for a class project, might be free later maybe to join you guys.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So we are going tomorrow?

Confim plz.

Gnes

Smash Master
Confirmed Pho loving *******!!!! I get off at 7. We should meet somewhere and carpool over.

Squirtle free. Luigi on the other hand is an entirely different story. But i dont think anyone cares enough to fight for it anyways.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Money match ill match 5 dollars for each person in Tyler crew vs fliphop 5 people (25 dollars)

We can do this at Hobo 40

Labernash

Smash Lord
What is going on right now.

I said a flip, hop, a flippy, a flippy to the flip flip hop a ya don't stop the rock it to the bang bang Diddy said monkey hump the Diddy to the rhythm of the Diddy the feet.

Xyro77

What is going on right now.

I said a flip, hop, a flippy, a flippy to the flip flip hop a ya don't stop the rock it to the bang bang Diddy said monkey hump the Diddy to the rhythm of the Diddy the feet.
get
out
and
plz
die

Xyro77

But Alan I am Asian!
BUT FLIP I DONT GIVE A FLYING ****! EVERY ****ING TIME YOU GET ON THIS ****ING SITE YOU REMIND ME AND THE WHOLE ****ING HOUSTON THREAD OF YOUR ****ING FLUKE WIN BACK AT A HOBO THAT NOT EVEN GOD HIMSELF CAN REMEMBER BECAUSE IT WAS BEFORE HE WAS ****ING BORN. DAM IT FLIP SHUT YOUR BANANA THROWING BICH ASS MOUTH ABOUT ****ING HOBO ****ING 12. NO ONE CARES AND NO ONE WILL EVER CARE. YOUR POSTS ARE LITERALLY THE REASON WHY I CANT ****ING SLEEP AT NIGHT. I CANT EVEN HAVE SEX WITH WOMEN BECAUSE EVERY TIME IM DOING THEM I REMEMBER THE SEXUAL **** YOUR DIDDY DID TO MOTHER ****ING LEE ****ING MARTIN AT THAT GOD DAMN HOBO ****ING 12. LEAVE ME THE **** ALONE AND GET OUT OF MY SEX LIFE....FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKC! **** YOU FLIP AND **** BRAWL IN THE **** HOLE. YOU ARE BANNED FROM ALL ****ING EVENTS I EVER RUN I DONT GIVE A **** IF I RUN PONG TOURNAMENTS....YOU.....ARE...****ING....BANNED MOTHER ******. AND **** GEA\RT AND ANY OTHER HAIRY ASS BANJO PLAYIN' BICH WHO SUPPORT FLIPBICH AND HOBO 12. IM GONING TO BURN THIS CITY DOWN UNTIL EVERY ****ING ONE OF YOU DUMB ****S DIE SO THAT ILL NEVER HEAR ABOUT HOBO 12 BULL **** EVER AGAIN.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
xyro77 said:
HOBO 12[no meta] (Lee College)
11/8/08
59 players

1: FlipHop (Diddy)
2: Lee (Lucario)= meta user
3: RoyR (Marth)
4: Ultamate Razer (snake)
5: DMG (wario)
5: Sethlon (falco)