• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trela

Smash Lord
>hobo 40
>RUBY anniversary
>not giving away free rathalos rubies to the winners

And this thread is a wasteland. but it's ok, I brought cool drinks.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Honey bunny money funny sunny.

Pay RT

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Actually, I don't charge interest. The bank did that for me. I don't profit from this.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I can tag team with RT and further deny rides until payment. I can also ban dudes from hobo/whobo/chobo/homo until payment.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Xyro, you don't have to do that. I'll have to DEAL WITH IT on my own.

Gnes, we can do that or pho...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
We should go Saturday.

I highly recommend we use the new tier list for Hobo 40.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
We should go Saturday.

I highly recommend we use the new tier list for Hobo 40.
Lets go after Hobo 40 like me, jerm and playa 4 did. Time to turn my PHO into some GUMBOOOOOOOO! Threw some of that white rice up in there and sauced it up with the hot and spicy pepper sauce. All i got to say is YEM YEM YEM to that...:pimp:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Gnes, let's do this.

What to spend this Cosmic Ticket on...

Tesh

Smash Hero
New tier list for HOBO 40...all it did was push Lucas out of low tier. Mid tier looks....ugh...
A mid tier tournament with lucario and DDD, and gnw....

DK is better than sonic now...I guess that makes sense since he arguably wins a relevant matchup.

It would be cool if you included lower mid tier for HOBO 40 and WHOBO though.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wii U update is out.

Download ASAP, because it cuts loading times almost by half.

Xyro77

Technically, luigi/PT/lucas are considered mid tier now so they will NEVER be in low tier. A few TOs will give it a shot though and it will turn out badly imo. There is no reason to go any char if PT (squirtle) and Luigi are available. Hell, Squirtle alone wrecks 90% of low tier. The only thing that changed for low tiers is that we lost Lucas. Kinda sad but w/e. Prepare for the rise of mario in LT tournaments.

Mid tier events are 110% never gonna happen as long as i run brawl events. ****ing LUCARIO and DDD and GW in mid tier now?!?!!?! Regardless of what the stupid BBR says, high tiers do not belong in mid tier and never will. Typical BBR messing **** up. I really hope this is the last tier list for brawl cause it keeps getting worse.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Or you could just....leave upper mid out of it.

Luigi and PT are not good. Falcon is at least even with PT, Samus can camp the balls off of Luigi. PT is vastly overrated when you realize Squirtle is super fragile and the heavies in low tier can flail around trading hits and beat him. Bowser and Falcon do great against PT and even Link can camp this matchup out.

Why not just try it out at HOBO and see if Luigi/PT actually win low tiers (I could see luigi/lucas being somewhat oppressive in teams actually)

Xyro77

Or you could just....leave upper mid out of it.
cutting a tier in half in order to make a tiered event fair is totally not good at all. NO ONE does it.

Luigi and PT are not good. Falcon is at least even with PT, Samus can camp the balls off of Luigi. PT is vastly overrated when you realize Squirtle is super fragile and the heavies in low tier can flail around trading hits and beat him. Bowser and Falcon do great against PT and even Link can camp this matchup out.
Dude this is simply wrong. Squirtle has INSANE air mobility (3rd or 2nd best?), speed, combos, grab releases, jab/tilt locks and a killer dthrow. Him being light in low tier is no big deal cause most low tiers cant kill/land kill moves as easy as with the rest of the cast (thus partly the reason why they are low tier). As for luigi, combo central as well as GREAT KO moves like Usmash/Fsmash/jab+upB and maybe even some down smash. Also, almost every character in low tier (especially samus/jiggs aka top 2 floatiest chars in the game) can be combo-ed to hell and back by squirtles utilt/uair and Luigi's uair and utilt.

edit: i just remembered that PT is also charizard. LOLMAO yeah dude F that being legal in low tier.

Spamming with samus is decent vs luigi yes but then again this is BRAWL so power shielding is beyond easy when it comes to slow projectiles like samus (zair is the only thing that COULD cause issues). Link spam is a JOKE (hell, link is a joke) and is in no way a bother to a luigi who can powershield.

Why not just try it out at HOBO and see if Luigi/PT actually win low tiers (I could see luigi/lucas being somewhat oppressive in teams actually)
Dude ive seen the days when ness/pt/ike/sonic were considered "low tier" and its ridiculous hard for true low tiers to compete. Luigi/squirtle are the same. When bowser was let in to low tier i almsot said the same thing until i realized how bad samus/zelda beat him. it balanced it out good.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Dthrow isn't that good of a killer, if you play patient he will probably be fatigued when you reach the 140 it would normally kill at (the problem is that its fast and people DI it poorly).

These tilt locks you are talking about don't even work past low percents (the percents where everyone has some easy 0-25 combo).

You left out the fact that grab release setups mean its EASY for bad characters like Falcon or Bowser to land a kill move on him. He isn't just light, he also has a pretty bad recovery that is wide open to spikes (almost everyone in low tier has a spike).

Are you kidding me? Charizard and Ivysaur are garbage. Squirtle is like mid tier, but they have even WORSE recoveries (well in low tier i guess zard could just glide really low), and are way easier to keep out.

Yea I guess Lucas is pretty good. I don't think these characters are broken for low tier singles, they just make it more interesting than Mario and Samus throwing **** at awful slow characters. They would probably shift the low tier metagame a little, but the best low tiers can beat them. I think you are vastly overestimating squirtle.

Xyro77

Dthrow isn't that good of a killer, if you play patient he will probably be fatigued when you reach the 140 it would normally kill at (the problem is that its fast and people DI it poorly).
Dude Dthrow still kills better than any throw in LT whether you DI or not. And fatigue is AWESOME for squirtle because its free combos.

These tilt locks you are talking about don't even work past low percents (the percents where everyone has some easy 0-25 combo).
its not about the lock working past low percents, its about it being an option (and an easy one at that). More options=better character.

You left out the fact that grab release setups mean its EASY for bad characters like Falcon or Bowser to land a kill move on him. He isn't just light, he also has a pretty bad recovery that is wide open to spikes (almost everyone in low tier has a spike).
Ness can be GR by 99% of the cast and has a terrible recovery yet hes mid tier and crazy good. Being GR-ed/**** recovery doesnt mean the character is trash.

Are you kidding me? Charizard and Ivysaur are garbage. Squirtle is like mid tier, but they have even WORSE recoveries (well in low tier i guess zard could just glide really low), and are way easier to keep out.
Dude.
NO.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Ness has waaaaaaaaaaaaay better aerials. Which is why his recovery is better and he is harder to grab/trade to death. Just DJ+ aerial is better than squirtle's entire recovery. Even if Squirtle makes it to the ledge, RCO lag traps him there. Ness is heavy enough to take a grab release from characters that dont chaingrab him. Squirtle is 2nd lightest in the game, easier to grab and has to worry about dying from simply being deadzoned by tilts. Ness is a really good character with a grab release problem. He has sick combos, lots of safe options, better range, functional projectiles, a decent recovery and your stock is at risk once you pass 110. Squirtle is a mediocre character with grab release and weight issues + brawl's campy nature working against twofold.

And while Squirtle's throw technically is good, its not better in his matchups because he dies from grabs too (because he gets grab released into aerial that kill earlier than his throw). Even Ganondorf can grab release him into a bunch of stuff. Squirtle is a low weight, low range combo character, but his range and weight as soooo bad that he can't really afford to be wrong.

Wrong again about fatigue. It lowers damage AND hitstun. Not only do his combos do less damage overall, but they won't even link as well because despite his opponent being kept close, the hitstun ends too soon. All you really have to do is camp him and space. He can't combo off of a trade and if you've reached kill percents before fatigue hits, the other player is just way better than you.

All Charizard has is dash grab. He basically juggles himself when he gets hit and is suuuuuuuuuuuper slow when he isn't dashing (marginalizing the use of his tilts).
Do I even need to explain why ivysaur is low tier?

Where are these low tier events that were swarmed with pokemon and luigis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom