• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Jeremy I doubt I am your hero.

I will continue to play Brawl, as much as I dislike it... if Fox doesn't work out... I'll switch to someone higher up in the tiers. Plain and simple.

I wish hundreds of people were willing to go to the old Melee tournaments ;(

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
Jeremy I doubt I am your hero.

I will continue to play Brawl, as much as I dislike it... if Fox doesn't work out... I'll switch to someone higher up in the tiers. Plain and simple.

I wish hundreds of people were willing to go to the old Melee tournaments ;(
dont give up on foxy =(

he is good you just have to be way campy

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
dont give up on foxy =(

he is good you just have to be way campy
LOL... You heard this MLG pro ronnie, just be "campy".. I mean "way campy"

Anyways, since GTA IV is starting to suck I am once again bored with my xbox 360. I think Ill buy a Wii and Brawl again for one reasonn and one reason only, Bombsoilder. He actually makes me want to give this game a chance. Everyone else so far has made this game look hella lame, but captian jack and bombsoilder make it look like it has potential.

If so I just may start attending tournements...

Axxo

Smash Apprentice
Anyways my tv doesn't lag. I don't know why I said that.
So yea.

Don't wanna hear anymore of this.

Pimp or anyone else wanna play today??

ResumeDPosition

Smash Journeyman
GTA4 sucking? >_<

I'd kill to have a wii or 360 but I don't have that kind of money to throw around...I work because I usually go to PZ every weekend and am always around some people I know, so that is always fun...I'll still be willing to go play at peoples houses and whatnot and a tournament every now and then, forever remaining mediocre if that even...once I get used to the changes that is.

Anyways though, details for the June 7th tournament...

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
PZ every weekend? ><

Then again I used to go to a place called Middle Earth for lockins every Saturday and play Counterstrike all night. Some of the most fun I've ever had. Anyone ever go to that place?

onii-chan

Smash Ace
yeah i am so sick of brawl now!!!**** it i am giving it all up and go back to doing what i did best before drawing...and st00f...so i am going to ask a mod to delete my account...
just playing...i will be playing for a while =)

ResumeDPosition

Smash Journeyman
PZ every weekend? ><

Then again I used to go to a place called Middle Earth for lockins every Saturday and play Counterstrike all night. Some of the most fun I've ever had. Anyone ever go to that place?
Was middle earth in the first colony area? I remember more than a year back I went to this lock-in place(pretty expensive for the night, but WORTH IT) in first colony with Counterstrike and AWESOME custom maps and stuff...my only regret is going there two or three times before it closed :( And yea, PZ almost every weekend, I can't get enough Guilty Gear >_<

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Nah that might've been Gladiators. Fun place too, but it recently closed down. A few months ago maybe? Is that what you're talking about?

And Onii, yeah those asian babies are rich with b vitamins.

ResumeDPosition

Smash Journeyman
Nah that might've been Gladiators. Fun place too, but it recently closed down. A few months ago maybe? Is that what you're talking about?

And Onii, yeah those asian babies are rich with b vitamins.
Yea that was it, they've been closed since last Summer or so though...my friend used to work there.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Last summer, really? I didn't think it had been that long. Well that was a fun place, I spent many a night there letting WoW take over my soul.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Any of yall heard of a place called Hero's Collectibles? I used to go there a lot, but only the one on westheimer...which has now closed down, unfortunately. Are there any other ones?

heytallman

CTALL
Any of yall heard of a place called Hero's Collectibles? I used to go there a lot, but only the one on westheimer...which has now closed down, unfortunately. Are there any other ones?
I remember one of my friends talking about getting Magic the Gathering cards at Hero's. Also, I think some of my friends used to get pokemon cards there. But I never went.

Man, only about two and a half more weeks (I'm exempt from about all my finals but 2). Then I'll get to play Brawl like every day with people!

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Yes, Heroes Collectables is a fun place. I used to go to the Westheimer one a lot as well, unfortunately of their 3 original locations they now are down to only one, the one on Dairy Ashford. It's actually RIGHT before PZ.

I went there a couple times not too long ago to get some Magic cards (which my friends and I play occasionally as a fun hobby) and it's a nice place. Pretty small but still cool. They host Yu-gi-Oh tournaments fairly often (although I hate that card game) and Magic FNMs as well I believe. They have a HUGE selection of Magic cards, including some remaining booster packs from sets all the way back to Alpha, I believe.

They don't have any tvs there though, it's only a card gaming place mostly.

Edit: Scratch that, now that I remember, they have one tv in the back. From what I can tell they don't use it for much though. I think last time I went someone was playing CoD4 on it.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
LOL... You heard this MLG pro ronnie, just be "campy".. I mean "way campy"

Anyways, since GTA IV is starting to suck I am once again bored with my xbox 360. I think Ill buy a Wii and Brawl again for one reasonn and one reason only, Bombsoilder. He actually makes me want to give this game a chance. Everyone else so far has made this game look hella lame, but captian jack and bombsoilder make it look like it has potential.

If so I just may start attending tournements...
do i smell a MM ?

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
Yes, Heroes Collectables is a fun place. I used to go to the Westheimer one a lot as well, unfortunately of their 3 original locations they now are down to only one, the one on Dairy Ashford. It's actually RIGHT before PZ.

I went there a couple times not too long ago to get some Magic cards (which my friends and I play occasionally as a fun hobby) and it's a nice place. Pretty small but still cool. They host Yu-gi-Oh tournaments fairly often (although I hate that card game) and Magic FNMs as well I believe. They have a HUGE selection of Magic cards, including some remaining booster packs from sets all the way back to Alpha, I believe.

They don't have any tvs there though, it's only a card gaming place mostly.

Edit: Scratch that, now that I remember, they have one tv in the back. From what I can tell they don't use it for much though. I think last time I went someone was playing CoD4 on it.
i used to go there every friday for like 3 months to play FNM and know i go to third coast cards and the just incredibly better and the guy will host the tourny if we start one for any thing lolz.

Popertop i live AT 920 Paschall st 77009 Houston Texas. there you go top:)

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Where's Third Coast Cards?

Finally replies. Houston and surrounding residents, we need to step up our game. The Colorado thread has over 10,000 POSTS! Do you realize how humiliating it is that we actually have lives and/or are playing brawl instead of posting? Blasphemy!

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
Where's Third Coast Cards?

Finally replies. Houston and surrounding residents, we need to step up our game. The Colorado thread has over 10,000 POSTS! Do you realize how humiliating it is that we actually have lives and/or are playing brawl instead of posting? Blasphemy!
this is houston like 5th thread combine all of ares and we will win hands down third coast cards map quest it pwny it's like at the entrance of katy lolz look it up i play fnm every friday there.

wow i'm liking DDD more and more everyday lolz .

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
Hahaha.

Okay Pimp I'll check it out. Do they have a good Magic selection? Packs, decks, and singles?
imagine hero x5 i mean it there collection is MASSIVE there at least 50 to 150,000 rares and thats just rares lolz i love that place .i meet a guy there that said he won tourny's in brawl i said nothing and pwned him like 13 times in a row lolz it's bigger as well.:chuckle::urg::psycho::mad::p:lick::dizzy::ohwell::confused::(:embarrass;):):laugh::bee:

P.S.
you got yahoo instant messenger pwny i wanna chat i'm bored and idle minds with idle hands do bad things......yeh...

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice
Worthless drivel, worthless drivel... Yum.

Anyways, June 7th INFO (some of it anyways).

PZ opens at NOON! So, you can't get in before noon.

Registration starts at Noon. Entry fee of $5.
2v2 starts at 1 pm. Teams will be held BEFORE singles this time. We're going to try to do a serious teams tourney, so it will be $10 EACH player (that $20 for the team). You have a month to get your team in top shape for it. Cash pot for it should be pretty sweet.
1v1 starts right after teams, probably around 2-ish to 3-ish. $10 as usual.

We're expecting a HUGE crowd again, so bring a set-up and get the entry fee waived. Bring your set-ups PLEASE! The AC will be programmed from "PZ Normal" to "Smash Awesome" this time, so don't worry about the heat. Also, I'll try to figure out a way around the speaker scaring people with my voice thing, che. *sweatdrop* Aaaand... More info later.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
P.S.
you got yahoo instant messenger pwny i wanna chat i'm bored and idle minds with idle hands do bad things......yeh...
I only have AIM. You have AIM?

Also DugFinn thanks for the info. Teams first huh? I like the idea, it prevents the top 2 of the singles tourney pairing up in teams, because we won't know who are the top 2. But you expect to finish teams in 1 hour? Wow.

I like the AC comment too. Hahaha. The problem for me wasn't the heat, but the lack of (decent) chairs.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
I only have AIM. You have AIM?

Also DugFinn thanks for the info. Teams first huh? I like the idea, it prevents the top 2 of the singles tourney pairing up in teams, because we won't know who are the top 2. But you expect to finish teams in 1 hour? Wow.

I like the AC comment too. Hahaha. The problem for me wasn't the heat, but the lack of (decent) chairs.
i'll make a aim account know... gimme 10 minutes lols

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm going to sleep soon so I can't talk tonight but once you've created it PM me your username or tell me it here and we can talk tomorrow probably.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
hey thanks for recording the matches man. I really appreciated........ * sigh * next time flip... I still hate monkeys, especially tie wearing hat sporting monkeys lol:laugh:
Haha, but the tie is what made Diddy evolve into DK >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom