• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Wait....it's changed to June 7th......

You've gotta be kidding me.....well, hope there's one sometime a week before or after that one. Cuz I can't go. :(

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
My name is ALLAN SIMS.

And the tourney will not be as long as it was last time, even if more people show up. i have tricks up me sleeve.

halbert is now a counter-pick.....but stadium WILL be random.
thats fed up stadium sucks bad it counters charecters....

G@BE

Smash Lord
lylat should be taken off random.. no one likes it.. except for like 3 people... everyone always bans the stage of just says there going to random reset it... that one should be taken off..

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Goin on a camp of sorts.
Dang. WHY exactly did the date of the tourney change...!?
Ah wellz...
My kinda luck. :ohwell:

My friends might still go and steal my thunder.
I mean, they might go, and if they do, they WILL steal my thunder. Cuz they WILL get far. VERY far. Trust me on that.
Watch out for em. :p

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Lylat Cruise is what Battlefield was in Melee...no one likes it, it has ******** edges, but it'll still be played because it has nothing that qualifies it as being counterpick.

Picto on counterpick is fine.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Of the 27 stage transformations, only five or so of them can hurt you, while the others are just there to be annoying. Port Town is a lot worse in terms of stage hazards.

Plus you can do this for the lulz.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
port town gives u warning. if u get hit by it, your just dumb.

i will consider pictochat

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Btw Allan, by calling the tournament HOBO, are you implying that we all are hobos? Because I'll have you know, Furbs is rich and lives in a mansion.

Cesar(WTF!)

Smash Apprentice
yeah...thanks...people tell me my metaknight is way better than my ZS so thats why i only used meta in the tourney...looking forward to playin ZS next time

Cesar...what about me in your shut out...i was the black guy in the parklot cracking up and acting stupid

OH so thats who you are!! sorry man I didn't know man alright I'll edit my shot outs lol

thats messed up sessy!!!! no shout out to MyTime!!! ohh ur gonna get " Youuuuuuuedddddd" next time i c u. Pinche puteita
aww man I been trying to figure out who the hell this is until josh told me :laugh: my bad chino I completely forgot , oyu know I love you chino :laugh: YOOOUUUUU!!!!:laugh:

G@BE

Smash Lord
Lylat Cruise is what Battlefield was in Melee...no one likes it, it has ******** edges, but it'll still be played because it has nothing that qualifies it as being counterpick.

Picto on counterpick is fine.
well you are completely wrong.
You give an example to as if you were talking about the wind on Dreamland... >.>

battlefield in melee really only messed up recovery and thats about it.
Lylat screws plenty more things cuz of the curved edges on the ends of it.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
They're really not that hard to stay away from. Stay on the edges of the track or stay on the platforms.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Hahaha pimpslap you REALLY hate getting CGed by DDD. But then again who doesn't? But that's why it's counterpick and not random, plus you can ban it if you play a DDD.

Axxo

Smash Apprentice
Well this my last post for tonight.

Well my good counter pick against DDD is MARTH!!!

Well good night people.

....Sighed Off..........

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
Hahaha pimpslap you REALLY hate getting CGed by DDD. But then again who doesn't? But that's why it's counterpick and not random, plus you can ban it if you play a DDD.
nagh pwny i like third him lolz i counter pick most the time and know im adding ddd and his awesome power to my crew and axxo i can beat your marth with ddd. your tv lags:( and i can't sheild grab on it:(

AdamTheMechE

Smash Rookie
Where are the vids for this event @? I was told there was a Planet Zero Youtube channel but I'm at a loss as how to find it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. :)
I only have 8 vids, and some are multiple games in the same match, but I have some here:
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=BrianBoitano42

Again, if anyone remembers that they were recorded by a guy with a camcorder, let me know and I'll see if I have your video and I'll upload it.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, I just noticed that your little character image in your mini-profile is of DDD. But shouldn't that be your main?

Anyways this was my last post of the night. AP test tomorrow. Goodnight everyone.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
well you are completely wrong.
You give an example to as if you were talking about the wind on Dreamland... >.>

battlefield in melee really only messed up recovery and thats about it.
Lylat screws plenty more things cuz of the curved edges on the ends of it.
Lylat messes up stuff? What do you mean, like...recovery and edgehogging? That's what I getting at with the whole Melee Battlefield thing...I've seen plenty of ******** stuff on Lylat because of the edges, but honestly, it will be neutral unless someone can find a true viable reason why it should be counterpick. The stage doesn't have anything that strongly influences the flow of gameplay. Stage tilting hardly counts.

Battlefield Melee had ******** edges for recovery, but everyone eventually adjusted to its ******** edges. Otherwise, why was it still on random? Plus if your opponent hates it as much as you do, just agree on a stage reset.

You'll accept it. Just like tripping. No one says you have to like it, just live with it.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
Btw Allan, by calling the tournament HOBO, are you implying that we all are hobos? Because I'll have you know, Furbs is rich and lives in a mansion.
guys stop spreading rumors, i live in a trailer park :/

Popertop

Smash Champion
Pimp, get at me about this weekend.
Possible Brawl with me and my friends.
Also Noah, come to HOBO 5, it's cool with my Dad for people
to have a smashfest at the house and have people spend the night.
Plus there's a Papa Johns practically next door.

AdamTheMechE

Smash Rookie
For what it's worth, me and Wolf are done with school, and have a dorm room with 36" of Smash. He (and his Wii) moves out on Sunday, so any time during the day between now and then we might could entertain visitors (Med Center/Museum district)

Axxo

Smash Apprentice
axxo i can beat your marth with ddd. your tv lags:( and i can't sheild grab on it:(
WOW!!!

1.You weren't say that when you were beating my rob.
2.You never said that any other hundred times we play brawl on my tv.
3.You stop playing when I win.

Don't know but sounds funny to me.

Don't wanna hear no more excuses. We should learn instead of getting mad and/or arguing.

Anyways. Info on the next tourney???

P.S.-Don't reply back with something dumb. Ill just ignore it and wont reply to it.

teh_w0lf

Smash Cadet
For what it's worth, me and Wolf are done with school, and have a dorm room with 36" of Smash. He (and his Wii) moves out on Sunday, so any time during the day between now and then we might could entertain visitors (Med Center/Museum district)
I very much second this...we have four people who can play and are more than willing to entertain

kage921

Smash Journeyman
I only have 8 vids, and some are multiple games in the same match, but I have some here:
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=BrianBoitano42

Again, if anyone remembers that they were recorded by a guy with a camcorder, let me know and I'll see if I have your video and I'll upload it.
hey thanks for recording the matches man. I really appreciated........ * sigh * next time flip... I still hate monkeys, especially tie wearing hat sporting monkeys lol:laugh:

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
WOW!!!

1.You weren't say that when you were beating my rob.
2.You never said that any other hundred times we play brawl on my tv.
3.You stop playing when I win.

Don't know but sounds funny to me.

Don't wanna hear no more excuses. We should learn instead of getting mad and/or arguing.
Anyways. Info on the next tourney???

P.S.-Don't reply back with something dumb. Ill just ignore it and wont reply to it.

i was not the one trying to power shield when i was playing your rob. You where and my goombas got you because your tv lags you sad i thimk my tv lags man:(. then when i played marth i said the same thing but now i was making the johns. i guess that makes us 50/50 i really do think DDD can beat marth majority. Though and sorry for arguing and leaving i was pissed because the tv was lagging and changing sizes on me lolz..... play you later on this week.

M

MyTime123

pimp smack !!! u tell um!!! and ive been practicing with olimar so u monkeys better watch out!!!

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
Hey flip 2 dollar money match your dk YOU ACCEPT I GOT SOMETHING THAT WILL BLOW YOUR MIND:) mytime was up Ddawg .....:) DK will eat the pikmins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom