• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CY

Smash Ace
LMAO this made me roll outta my chair. Seriously.

Once again a great tournament ran by TGM and DugFinn. GJ.

And to anyone who was wondering, I have NOT given up on olimar. I used him just as much as my meta, I wouldn't have been able to beat DMK and Kira if it wasn't for my steroid-fed pikmin.

Anyways, anyone expecting a shoutout from me, you know I love ya.

Oh if anyone want's to play in the near future, hit me up. I know I talked to a few people at the tourney so yea if you remember me (Huge Beautiful Luscious Curly haired dude) then hit me up.
you should come down to beaumont and smash with us beaumontians.

ResumeDPosition

Smash Journeyman
Heh....seeing how I hadn't played Brawl before, I'm not really surprised with losing right away. I had to borrow people's controllers since my friend didn't come with mine. >_<

I learned what NOT to do since this is brawl and not melee...I screwed up several times since I'm not used to the small changes yet, like:

1. You actually have to HOLD THE **** R BUTTON ALL THE WAY DOWN. I got smacked countless times in my first match when I was holding it 1/2 way down and thinking "wtf! I'm holding R down! :mad:"

2. - Pikachu's UAir has less vertical range now.
- Pikachu's FSmash has recovery like a SNAIL. It still has respectably ok startup time, but
missing/hitting their shield with it will leave you open for some serious hurt.
+ Pikachu's DSmash is GOOOOOOD.

3. I kept trying to DSmash with the C-Stick and crouching when I was attacked, but I kept doing a DTilt, same with walking and trying to FSmash with the C-Stick at the same time.

4. I kept doing aerials and trying to L-Cancel them...I KNEW L-Cancelling is gone but it was instinct to try doing so....I did too many NAirs and suffering some serious recovery because of that.

That's what I've caught on with Pikachu and universal changes so far. I can't wait till summer comes around so I can hopefully play more games with everyone here before I move away to Austin :(. I've noticed several new people around here since I was still visiting these boards and playing melee...I hope I can play them too. I'll see everyone around later.

Dr Mario Kart

Smash Apprentice
I actually did use no^ at least twice, just so I didnt have to create a name. I do realize that its normally Pozer's though. Everyone should have one on their system, it would save some time.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
@Golf? : Well I was hoping someone noticed my shirt! No one said anything about it and I was sad because I didn't think there were any Mars Volta fans there, but turns out you do. They are amazing.

@Pimpslap : We didn't really talk much, I think maybe a few words haha. You mainly played with my friend Kitty, but you seemed pretty cool.

@Stiltz (Huge Beautiful Luscious Curly haired dude) : Nice description of yourself. Your hair reminded me of the lead singer for Fall of Troy's hair for some reason. Ahahaha.

G@BE

Smash Lord
the defining things that made pikachu fun and awesome to play in melee were taken out... he is not fun to play anymore :(

onii-chan

Smash Ace
sadly i got 33 place again because i had to play axxo my second round...golf? was just amazing...i too was surprised i beat you dude...

Axxo: not kool fu...i had to play you...

Pimpslap: see you later at the lock in also i manhandled you in a game i never played before you should be ashamed...even though i got beat by some guy that probably spends his pay check on that game in the second round i nearly beat him

Golf?: i will get to play you some more later also very nice peach best peach i ever seen also thanks for the food you really saved my life...what do you think of my ZS even though i played you only once with her

Tgm aka Xyro: dude didn't get to play you again...i was goin to ask you but like me you seemed out of it and just freaking tired...

T-rex and Mr.3000: you guys crack me up...i laughed so hard

Kage: yet again i didn't get to play you either...man we so need to play...yup **** we were tripin outside making jokes and crap

Duggfin: you can i get that picture you took of me standing to the samus statue...send it to my email...@
j_hogan2009@hotmail.com

Also from waht i seen at the tourney this time i am goin to guess that spamming rules in brawl...but tahts not my style so i am goin to win my way

NEXT TIME I WILL MAKE IT TO THE TOP...I SHOW YOU...YOU'LL SEE

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
you should come down to beaumont and smash with us beaumontians.
I'm actually considering takin a trip down there. There's you guys to play plus I really wanna see my momma. I'll let you guys know in advance when I'm gonna head down there.
@Stiltz (Huge Beautiful Luscious Curly haired dude) : Nice description of yourself. Your hair reminded me of the lead singer for Fall of Troy's hair for some reason. Ahahaha.
You'd be surprised how many people tell me that, along with the lead singer of wolfmother. BTW Did we speak or play at that tournament? just wondering.

AdamTheMechE

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! I uploaded some videos! If you know I recorded your match, and I haven't uploaded it yet, let me know! Also, I have the high-res originals for all of those videos which look better, but the sound quality still sucks (next time I'll bring an audio input for the camera ;))

Allan, can you put this in the OP? Also, please update the legal levels list and remove the "Top 5 in Houston", since that's kinda dated...

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=BrianBoitano42&p=r

Edit: also, my new tag is Weegi, if you don't know my real name :p

ResumeDPosition

Smash Journeyman
the defining things that made pikachu fun and awesome to play in melee were taken out... he is not fun to play anymore :(
Yea I don't know if he's better off compared to melee or not...he lost his good UAir even though its still ok, and he can't really use aerials like he used to(that's same with most of the cast anyways though...falcon anyone? lol). The only things I've noticed so far of his that are truly buffed is his Fair's damage, and his DOOOOOWN Smash...I still find him pretty fun though.

I hope there's a little more to him or else I might have to find a new secondary(Jiggs, Samus and Luigi are lost causes, and I heard Sheik got hit pretty hard by an ugly-stick, so ALL my previous secondaries are pretty sucky now. I wanna play around with King DDD right now...

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Stiltz, that's funny that you get that. Do you listen to Fall of Troy? We talked a little, just a little around your finals match with Sethlon I believe. Didn't really get to meet you per se, maybe next time? I played as ROFL in the tournament, I sucked it up with my Marth. I had used Falco before I switched to Marth, and now I'm going back to Falco haha. I need to get better with him though, where do you live?

Popertop

Smash Champion
Hey Stiltz, let me know when you're going to Beaumont maybe we can ride together.
I'm moving out of my dorm tomorrow, so I'll be in Houston for most of the summer.

golf?

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5647-4777-2873
ahahaha
good times guys, good times.

onii dude. you got real good spacing and know how to link weird things with your stuns. lookin good so far :)

whats up at major hangouts next week?
anoyonnnnnnnnnnnne

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Haha, didn't I say whats up to you at the tourney :D
Yeah, I shoulda said wazzaaaa to a lotta people that were at the tourney! Guess at the next one I should go walk around more n find yall and be all like, wazaaaaaaaaabagalabaaasdfglzbnhgilfdkhbgxjlf;nhfcx;fjnhlxchmnaaaaaaaaa!!!!! :teeth:

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
lol this thread just got amazingly epic. I live in Baytown Rofl Pwny, and I've listened to a few songs by Fall of Troy but I can't say I listen to them extensively. Well I'm heading to Beaumont tomorrow so I MIGHT be able to play in the late afternoon. It's looking pretty good but the main reason I'm going is for my momma so yea no crying if I can't make it.

CY

Smash Ace
lol this thread just got amazingly epic. I live in Baytown Rofl Pwny, and I've listened to a few songs by Fall of Troy but I can't say I listen to them extensively. Well I'm heading to Beaumont tomorrow so I MIGHT be able to play in the late afternoon. It's looking pretty good but the main reason I'm going is for my momma so yea no crying if I can't make it.
Personally, I prefer the hair! - Falco

Kirin

Smash Journeyman

Dr Mario Kart

Smash Apprentice
I do apologize for just leaving early and all of a sudden. I tend to be fatigued and a bit dazed at the end of these things, and with the road trip ahead of me, I just decided to take off.

Also, it seems that everyone who declared revenge on me from previous tournaments did the exact opposite of getting revenge :)

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
I do apologize for just leaving early and all of a sudden. I tend to be fatigued and a bit dazed at the end of these things, and with the road trip ahead of me, I just decided to take off.

Also, it seems that everyone who declared revenge on me from previous tournaments did the exact opposite of getting revenge :)
i declare vengeance for the next tourney

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Dr Mario Kart! You play one mean MK.

Also, my friend and I got like that too. After watching the end of the singles tournament we were so fatigued we didn't enter the doubles, and just went to Whataburger to eat then left.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord

I never got to face you.. We did place the same this tourney ^o^

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Meh, that's how it usually turns out. The couple highest-placing peeps there team with eachother, usually wind up pwning every1 else. The pot for 2v2s is pretty small as well, usually not worth entering 2v2s for. Hylian ain't kidding, lol, there really is nothing to see after 1v1s. Except friendlies, those are worth watching/playing/recording/whatever.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I wanted to play more friendlies, but instead of playing them after I got knocked out of the tourney (other than playing a few with RoyR) i just watched matches. ><

AdamTheMechE

Smash Rookie
Reposting for new page, since it seemed to get looked over (sorry if this is attention-whorish)

Hey guys! I uploaded some videos! If you know I recorded your match, and I haven't uploaded it yet, let me know and I'll get on it. Also, I have the high-res originals for all of those videos which look better, but the sound quality still sucks (next time I'll bring an audio input for the camera ;))

Includes Sethlon vs T-Rex tourney match!

Also, my new tag is Weegi, if you don't know my real name :p

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Imleaving the Melee top 5 on the front page cause the future smashers of Houston need to know who the top 5 were in a game that is now dead.

i will be uploading 46 vids in the next few days. seth and t-rex, royr and seth xyro and trex....and much more.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Reposting for new page, since it seemed to get looked over (sorry if this is attention-whorish)

Hey guys! I uploaded some videos! If you know I recorded your match, and I haven't uploaded it yet, let me know and I'll get on it. Also, I have the high-res originals for all of those videos which look better, but the sound quality still sucks (next time I'll bring an audio input for the camera ;))

Includes Sethlon vs T-Rex tourney match!

Also, my new tag is Weegi, if you don't know my real name :p
Oh yea did you record fliphop vs kage?

AdamTheMechE

Smash Rookie
Oh yea did you record fliphop vs kage?
First one is uploaded and is being processed. I'm going to wait the 10 minutes for it to be processed so I can do the others as video responses, to make navigation easier.

See all of the videos from this tournament here:
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=BrianBoitano42

Edit: Only now do I realize that you can upload a video and THEN make it a response to another video. Oh well, they're all up, enjoy!

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
First one is uploaded and is being processed. I'm going to wait the 10 minutes for it to be processed so I can do the others as video responses, to make navigation easier.

See all of the videos from this tournament here:
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=BrianBoitano42

Edit: Only now do I realize that you can upload a video and THEN make it a response to another video. Oh well, they're all up, enjoy!
Thanks dude. Nice quality!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom