• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
hey Rockettrainer, I'm setting up a smashfest the night before the next tourney.
Also, smash at my house all over the place.
Hmm, I'm interested. Last minute practice is always the best. :)

I'd be free this Tuesday and Wednesday if anyone wants practice...

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I guess you already knew Alan (we did play friendlies) but I played Marth. And btw Kitty played Wolf (ironic no?).

FooXero you live in Katy? I've been wondering who lived in the Katy area, I live in Fulshear not too far from Katy, maybe we could get together for a little smashfest sometime, I could bring Kitty and maybe some more of my friends. Also, anyone else live in the Katy area?

FooXero

Smash Cadet
I have a whole bunch of friends from school who smash it up. Yes I live in Katy, however I fear that we are extremely outclassed. Between... the 10 of us that play, 3 of us have played in a tournament, (this one), and we got wrecked. Granted, we are more than willing to practice and get better and throw around our weight on May 31st :) We aren't bad and won't embarrass ourselves, but we just have a lot to learn :)

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
I have a whole bunch of friends from school who smash it up. Yes I live in Katy, however I fear that we are extremely outclassed. Between... the 10 of us that play, 3 of us have played in a tournament, (this one), and we got wrecked. Granted, we are more than willing to practice and get better and throw around our weight on May 31st :) We aren't bad and won't embarrass ourselves, but we just have a lot to learn :)
that's the spirit =)

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
@ FooXero: Well I'm not that great either, I played Marth in the tourney and got wrecked, but I think I'm switching mains to Falco now. My friend plays a mean Wolf (Kitty, who got 25th), and I have some more friends who are anywhere from worse than me to almost as good as Kitty, so I think we wouldn't outclass each other.

garrR

Smash Apprentice
this was a toughhhh tournament, haha.

xyro77 - now i know to strike port town against you. haha.

i've got some practicing to do.

EmperorCesar

Smash Apprentice
Ugh. So many Snakes and MetaKnights. I cant believe I got 17th/80 just by forward tilting with Snake. I saw plenty of stupid crap in this tournament, makes me wonder if its even worth investing any more time into this game the way its turning out. Its looking to be even less balanced than Melee.

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
Nice tournament, can't wait for the next one.
I did a little poor during the tournament, but oh well. Theres always the next one.

Except Mr. 3000 was too strong for me, blarrr ;o

Pozerwolf: We still need to do our money match, lol
Next tournament for sure.
I was kind of waiting for a long time, but there was like hold up for no reason to get to the finals (I don't know the people running it just decided to take there time like that when Teams had to be ran, oh well).

Due to the long hold up, I decided to leave.
Sry ;(

Kira.

Smash Rookie
I'm not from Houston so i don't know to many people but here are my limited shout outs.

Abren: thanks for driving me there. Hopefully we wont get lost if we ever go again.

Hylian: your G&W knocked me into losers and rightfully so. At least i was able to beat you one, even if it was a snake ditto.

Stiltz: That olimar was crazy. I've never played a good one and i didn't even know where to begin. That ****** shouldn't live to 180%!!

Flip: That was an intense DK v Snake match. Those combos on the bottom of cornaria made me feel foolish for counterpicking it. Thank god for that holy hand grenade at the very end.

Furbs: I only saw you play a few matches but your yoshi is still top notch.

Mr. 3000: I saw that match where that pikachu spiked your DDD. That was incredibly unfortunate but you still have the best DDD I've ever seen.

DugFinn and Xyro: Nice work hosting the tournament.

Sethlon: I was waiting till i had to face you or hylian but hylian got to me first so i never played against your falco, maybe next time.

Anyone I forgot: Sorry

4th place is so close to the money but eventually I'll place top 3 and then everyone will have to shoutout to me =P

FooXero

Smash Cadet
@Rofl
Myself, DarkSmurfs, ErfonisOwn or something like that (their names are close, check on page 158) were all from my school and we are all more than willing to hook up and get some smashing on this summer. For now though, however, AP exams are on. Perhaps after? We're looking for more people to play.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I'm not from Houston so i don't know to many people but here are my limited shout outs.

Abren: thanks for driving me there. Hopefully we wont get lost if we ever go again.

Hylian: your G&W knocked me into losers and rightfully so. At least i was able to beat you one, even if it was a snake ditto.

Stiltz: That olimar was crazy. I've never played a good one and i didn't even know where to begin. That ****** shouldn't live to 180%!!

Flip: That was an intense DK v Snake match. Those combos on the bottom of cornaria made me feel foolish for counterpicking it. Thank god for that holy hand grenade at the very end.

Furbs: I only saw you play a few matches but your yoshi is still top notch.

Mr. 3000: I saw that match where that pikachu spiked your DDD. That was incredibly unfortunate but you still have the best DDD I've ever seen.

DugFinn and Xyro: Nice work hosting the tournament.

Sethlon: I was waiting till i had to face you or hylian but hylian got to me first so i never played against your falco, maybe next time.

Anyone I forgot: Sorry

4th place is so close to the money but eventually I'll place top 3 and then everyone will have to shoutout to me =P
Lol that holy nade was a foolish move by me to air grab it. But intense match the whole way. Almost lasted the whole 6 minutes :O. Out of curiosity, by me picking up the nades, did it mess up the your flow?

golf?

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5647-4777-2873
hjfkashfjask i got royally pissed at a spammy zelda lost my head and killed myself
so if anyone wants to help me practice against zelda spam, or spam in general for that matter, and find out how to punish it with peach pleaaaase let me know, it wrecked my head D:

ok soooooo

pimpslaaaap: dude wtf we still didnt get to play that many matches

onii: good stuff man thanks for the peach compliment :p annnd all them weird dittos

rofl: i too enjoy mars volta. and thank you to everything you said haha.

flip dude. man. i was so pissed, and was getting food and lost you as my team partner D: hahaha ggs though man.

ceaserwtftftf: gtfo ;)

furbs: dk, eh doesnt afraid of yoshi, ggs

tgmxyroalan: good stuff man, well get our matches in next time, you didnt get to see my new peach style :/

stilts: you like boys :( :p

tallman: likewise.

dugfinn: way to scare half the people there when you announced :O

guy that sat on the chair and broke it and fall resulting me to later sit in a broken chair and fall too: HAHA funny. :(

everyone else i played or forgot. :)

and all the people that sat around for hours after it was over, fun stuff, fun stuff.

kittykitty

Smash Rookie
I had fun! But next time I want a better ranking then 25th. I wonder if Wolf has an infinite combo?

Edit: I played Wolf

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
hjfkashfjask i got royally pissed at a spammy zelda lost my head and killed myself
so if anyone wants to help me practice against zelda spam, or spam in general for that matter, and find out how to punish it with peach pleaaaase let me know, it wrecked my head D:

ok soooooo

pimpslaaaap: dude wtf we still didnt get to play that many matches

onii: good stuff man thanks for the peach compliment :p annnd all them weird dittos

rofl: i too enjoy mars volta. and thank you to everything you said haha.

flip dude. man. i was so pissed, and was getting food and lost you as my team partner D: hahaha ggs though man.

ceaserwtftftf: gtfo ;)

furbs: dk, eh doesnt afraid of yoshi, ggs

tgmxyroalan: good stuff man, well get our matches in next time, you didnt get to see my new peach style :/

stilts: you like boys :( :p

tallman: likewise.

dugfinn: way to scare half the people there when you announced :O

guy that sat on the chair and broke it and fall resulting me to later sit in a broken chair and fall too: HAHA funny. :(

everyone else i played or forgot. :)

and all the people that sat around for hours after it was over, fun stuff, fun stuff.

My bad dude >_<. What you'd eat btw ^o^. I didn't eat nothing that whole day except breakfast >_>

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
1: Hylian (G&W/IC)
2: Sethlon (Falco)
3: Stiltz (Metaknight)
4: Kira (snake)
5: Dr.MarioKart (metaknight)
5: Fliphop (diddy/DK)
7: CesarWTF (rob)
7: Mr. 3000 (sonic/dedede)
9: Axxo (rob)
9: JoJo
9: RoyR (marth)
9: T-Rex (snake)
13: PozerWolf (snake)
13: Blue J
13: Star Dog
13: Xyro77 (SAMUS!!!!!!!)
17: EmperCesar (Y Link)
17: Kalo (wolf/Metaknight)
17: Kage (Y link)
17: Moogz
17: LegendaryPimp
17: PKMN (pkmn trainer/olimar)
17: RocketTrainer (lucario)
17: Pimpslap (snake)....

i main kirby......

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
WHOOAA, the two sets I lost were against Kira (who got 4th) and CezarWTF (who got 7th)! The matches were close, too! Went to the third round for both of those sets. Well, if I'm gonna lose, I may as well lose to some of the best, no? :p

Only me and my friend Itachi could come this time around, and, once again, we couldn't fit any practice time in b4hand. We both just came back from SAT'ing. :dizzy: Hopefully next tourney all my friends can come.

Hey Xyro, I mained, main and will always main Link, and Itachi mained Lucario.

Kira.

Smash Rookie
Lol that holy nade was a foolish move by me to air grab it. But intense match the whole way. Almost lasted the whole 6 minutes :O. Out of curiosity, by me picking up the nades, did it mess up the your flow?
Most of the nades you returned never hit me cause i cooked them, but i wasnt able to nade you and then rush you with the motor slide the way i like to so you definately made me have to play outside my norm. Also, that DK bair combo you almost killed me with was intese, i had to let myself drop to near death before my upB just to stop it.

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
I wish I would have been able to enter singles in time. There should have been pools...

May 31st it is. I have a lot of practice to do.

teh_w0lf

Smash Cadet
The tournament had 81 entrants!!!!!!!!!! This is a TEXAS STATE record. I want to thank DugFinn for helping me out on this. Like always, we make a great team.

Also, i have set up another tournament at PZ for may 31st. This gives you a 3 week break for finals/other stuff.

EVERYBODY! please post WHO YOU MAINED in this tournament. im trying to keep track of who every body used. If you played some one, plz tell me thier main too!!!! PLZ!
awesome tourney as always Xyro

I go by Okami now and mained Zamus/Link

Gil mained Meta/Snake

Weegi mained Wario

Weegi has some vids that he'll post soon of the tourney (not the least of which was the T-Rex vs. Sethalon games) He's working on it right now.

ggs to (almost) everyone I played...didn't get to play any big names though :(

had a great Zamus ditto early on in friendlies...didn't catch the guy's name though....need to play you again if i can find you...I should have lost...the tag said "Abren" but I didn't see it on the ranking list

Kitsu...need to play you again...maybe my new control won't break the moment I play you :urg: ...still a good game though...no-one expects the self bomb

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
MY SHOUTOUT(thise will take some room)

First off
GABE=I'm really sorry about being incredible ghey with snake.

Golf= i got my revenge against olimar 3 stock ftw? and always amazing times
mr3000=i had fun talking and playing you as well as beating you in mario kart.
T-rex=I had fun hanging out with you and playing you and talking about hot chicks with and making fun of wario with you good times.
TGM=.......I counterd myself with a counterpick FTL:( (IT won't happen again)

Pwny=I talked to you.....:( i don't remember)
Dubfinn=FIN
Furbs= sorry you where feeling weird good times though my kirbs pwns your yoshi:)
Heytallmen= good times hanging out with you. always a pleasure talking and playing you.
Popertop=.... you should of came:(
Tarzan= you play this game know? lolz xzella bro beat you and never played you again...
David= thanks for the housing for the night had fun and your a cool guy

Roy-R= we traded off matches in falcon dittos and ddd verse marth.
Jake13= i did not play you only meet you:(
Stiltzskin= awesome talking to you and that was funny when you left when feet lost...:)
feet= thanks for making me a street fighter pro in 30 seconds.....
Mytime= your funny as hell.....
guy i tried to talk too but ignored me cuz you think your cool i placed higher than you soo.....
CeaserWtf= lolz you never gave me the half of that cookie (cayate combo ftw)
Kage= yo yo we need to get together and play
JIMBOO= your random and i owe y0u 50 cents:(
DingDing= i did not know you where there:(
RocketTrainer= your fun to play Spikey HATES you....
Onii-Chan= you suck in that hot anime chaick game we played...:)
Axxo= man that rob is amazing best rob in texas? maybe.

To everyone i forgot you now the drill
on a side note how do you guys who played me think my ddd was that was the first day i ever used him:)

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
)
DingDing= i did not know you where there:(
Lol, wouldn't blame you...for the past two or three tourneys, no one has known I was there lol! I'm like a ninja or something.

Perhaps I should speak up a lil more when I come to these things.

.....NNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIINNNJAAAAAAAAAAA.....

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
lol i bumped that zelda out of the brackets, ben12?

Popertop

Smash Champion
Popertop=.... you should of came:(
I know!!
I didn't even have that much fun going to the opera, I was mad the whole time 'cause I could sense the amazing amounts of WIN going on at Planet Zero.
I'm all over the next one tho.
I have to get my wisdom teeth removed I hope that doesn't get in the way...

Yeah, my dad said it was cool if we had a smashfest at the house in Pearland the night before the next tourney, and I'm pretty sure that's like 20 mins closer than the other house.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Lol, wouldn't blame you...for the past two or three tourneys, no one has known I was there lol! I'm like a ninja or something.

Perhaps I should speak up a lil more when I come to these things.

.....NNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIINNNJAAAAAAAAAAA.....
Haha, didn't I say whats up to you at the tourney :D

M

MyTime123

This one goes out to all the babies mommas, mommas, mommas mommass, babys mommas mommas!!!!

It go like this !!!!

M

MyTime123

Stilts is my hero!!!! I like the big red headed boy, i think his name is pimpsmack-Yoo dumb *** !!! ne who, feet played like a scrub and deserved to get like 70th place or whatever !!! haaa i hope u see this ko and come to bt so u can get owned. tarzan ur so black u make wesley snipes angry!!!! ill c u guys at this next tourney i couldnt make it on time for this one and my partner stilts traded on me. cya

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
Stilts is my hero!!!! I like the big red headed boy, i think his name is pimpsmack-Yoo dumb *** !!! ne who, feet played like a scrub and deserved to get like 70th place or whatever !!! haaa i hope u see this ko and come to bt so u can get owned. tarzan ur so black u make wesley snipes angry!!!! ill c u guys at this next tourney i couldnt make it on time for this one and my partner stilts traded on me. cya
LMAO this made me roll outta my chair. Seriously.

Once again a great tournament ran by TGM and DugFinn. GJ.

And to anyone who was wondering, I have NOT given up on olimar. I used him just as much as my meta, I wouldn't have been able to beat DMK and Kira if it wasn't for my steroid-fed pikmin.

Anyways, anyone expecting a shoutout from me, you know I love ya.

Oh if anyone want's to play in the near future, hit me up. I know I talked to a few people at the tourney so yea if you remember me (Huge Beautiful Luscious Curly haired dude) then hit me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom