• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I think those would fall under the "******** poop" category.

What part of H-town do you live in?
Like westside, east side.
Where exactly?

You can PM me if you don't wanna post it here.
I'm trying to set up a bunch of smashfests over the summer at my house,
so I'm trying to see whose close and whatnot.

Also, Pimpslap, I'll be staying at my house in Pearland the rest of the summer, and I'm pretty sure that's closer to where you live.
I live in middle side.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
I think those would fall under the "******** poop" category.
You're totally right...it is ******** poop. In fact, chaingrabbing in general is ******** poop. >_<

...is the 1v1 tourney over yet? Who won? Sethlon and his ninja falco, I'm guessing? /:o

Heard 1st place gets about $560. :******:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
You're totally right...it is ******** poop. In fact, chaingrabbing in general is ******** poop. >_<

...is the 1v1 tourney over yet? Who won? Sethlon and his ninja falco, I'm guessing? /:o

Heard 1st place gets about $560. :******:
Hey, I like chain grabbing >.> lol.

I'm curious to find out who won too. There are some people that I know won't win, but others I'm not sure about.

heytallman

CTALL
I see a bunch of board spam, and nothing really informative about the tourney, and no shoutouts. So I'll post my shoutouts, in a very particular order:

Aion - It was tight meeting you and playing friendlies with you today. Your Ness is really good. We need to team at the next tournament and be Team Earthbound.

Furbs - Me > You (still). I just can't see why you always place higher than me. I think I beat you every match we played (but you had a sweet kill on me that FIRST match on 2:00 time limit)

golf? - Nice hat

Jake - Here's to us both losing in the first round of loser's bracket.

Jimbo - JIMBOOOOOOOOOO

kage (I think) - Your Lucario is really good

Mr. 3000 - I'm pretty sure this was the first time we've ever talked. You're really good

PIMPSLAP - Glad we FINALLY got a decent amount of friendly matches in. Your DeDeDe on Pirate Ship...fun stuff

Rockettrainer - Ganondorf holding Lucas = lulz

RoyR - I didn't really see you much there

Xyro - For being awesome

Anyone I forgot - Sorry.

Also who won 1v1 and 2v2? I had to leave before 1v1 was over

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Sethlon didn't win? When I left he was still on an all-win streak, and he had just beaten T-Rex...surprising that he still lost.

Popertop

Smash Champion
they were $10 tickets, it was a shame not to go.
I didn't enjoy myself that much though, it was kind of depressing actually.

See.Why., I'll be packing tomorrow, but once I'm done with that I can smash.

CY

Smash Ace
they were $10 tickets, it was a shame not to go.
I didn't enjoy myself that much though, it was kind of depressing actually.

See.Why., I'll be packing tomorrow, but once I'm done with that I can smash.
yea, i talked to noah and we will probably play, but i gotta work from 3-7 so yea.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Hylian won 1st. Sethlon 2nd, Stiltz 3rd.. For Teams,
Sethlon/Hylian 1st, Fliphop/CesarWTF 2nd, 3000/T-rex 3rd

GGs to all.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Great tourny, though heres my story.

Its my first ever smash tourny and were on our way (i'll admit we left pretty late like 1:20 and its a thirty minute drive) so we look for the Whataburger on Westheimer Rd. and it took a while to find PZ since there are TWO Whataburgers on Westheimer. I arrived 5 minutes late and ended up spectating most of the tourny, but i got to play one friendly free for all.

Pretty nice experience, and now i learned my lesson to come earlier. Now, does anyone know if there's a Htown tourney before Final Smash 4?

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Great tourny, though heres my story.

Its my first ever smash tourny and were on our way (i'll admit we left pretty late like 1:20 and its a thirty minute drive) so we look for the Whataburger on Westheimer Rd. and it took a while to find PZ since there are TWO Whataburgers on Westheimer. I arrived 5 minutes late and ended up spectating most of the tourny, but i got to play one friendly free for all.

Pretty nice experience, and now i learned my lesson to come earlier. Now, does anyone know if there's a Htown tourney before Final Smash 4?
I think TGM was saying there might be a Brawl tourney at Play n Trade like June 21.

Popertop

Smash Champion
The guy who's hosting FS4 is having a poll over when to hold it.
It would be on a Saturday in June.
I'm trying to organize some smashfests at my house over the summer, if we could get a weekly or bi-weekly thing going that would be sweet.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Mini-results:

1st: Hylian ($567)
2nd: Sethlon ($162)
3rd: Stiltz (80 something..I forgot)

Teams:

1st: Hylian + Sethlon ($95)
2nd: Fliphop + CeaserWTF (???)
3rd: Mr. 3000 + T-rex

I don't have too many shoutouts. It was fun seeing all of you Houston players again. Good games to everyone I played!

Sethlon you are too good :). Very intense matches :). Our teamwork has gotten amazing :).

Edit:

TGM recorded like 46 videos. O.O.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
This was my first tournament, and even though I lost horribly to I believe Dr. MarioKart and Rayzorium (that set was actually close), it was great!

Shoutouts:

Xyro/TGM/Alan: Thanks for, along with DugFinn, putting on the tourney, helping me with some rules questions, and overall being an awesome guy. Fun friendlies before the tournament too, I hate your zair spamming. ><

DugFinn: Great job hosting! But man did you surprise us sometimes when it was silent and then all of a sudden comes your voice onto the loudspeaker. It was funny to see just how many people jumped each time you came on.

Rayzorium: Close matches with your Falcon, was fun playing with you. And was funny how you struggled with that chair for at least 5 minutes, see why I said I didn't want to sit on it now? Hahaha.

Golf?: Thanks for bringing the beard. You are an all-around cool guy. It was fun playing friendlies with your Peach/Jiggs/DK before the tourney, you play one mean DK. Also, nice hat.

RoyR: Fun Marth dittos! I think I may be changing my main to Falco now though haha, thanks Seth!

T-Rex: Wow man you are hilarious. Crouching low to the ground and hiding behind me as you sneak up on Stiltz, hahaha. "I just got you with C4."

Sethlon: As Alan said, you are a MACHINE. Every match I watched you play was intense. Loved all the chain grab combos, your matches always brought the crowds.

Hylian: Didn't really get to meet you, but I wanted to. Maybe next time. You play one insane G&W.

Pimpslap: All around cool/funny guy. :)

Anyone else I met that I didn't mention: Nice meeting you, hope to see you at the next Houston area tournament (whenever that is).

jaggedShrapnel

Smash Cadet
First of all, this was a great experience, and I'm glad we got to go Kevin. It was really cool to see all these smashers just come together and have a great time. Neither of us did too well, but like I read somewhere on this forum, the first tournaments are always the hardest. I'm getting really interested in maining another character. I like Meta Knight, but his moveset just feels really limited to me now. Great tournament everybody, I'll definitely be seeing you all at the next.

@Hylian: Do you pronounce your name like Hill ian or Hi lian? What are you going to use your prize money for?

-jagged

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice
Alright guys... Do to popular demand... Should Houston do another tourney BEFORE the "June 21st one at PN'T"? Say like in June 7th? If you guys want one in June 7th, I'll see what I can do. (Xyro77 if you're too tired, you can sit it out and take a break? I'll call you Sun.) Let me know what you guys want.

Also, as always, you guys make the tournaments too much fun! Great job everybody! I'm sure Xyro77 will post the full bracket info and videos soon (Xyro77, send me the Tio file please - gods, I need to get a new pen drive, sorry).

Shoutouts: Didn't get to hang out with too many people this time being behind the counter mostly, cho, too bad. Next time, I promise!
All: Ack, sorry about the microphone/speaker thing. I swear the PZ guys were like screwing with me too and messing with the volume, hahaha. I kept getting surprised with it too.
G@be: What can I say, still one of my favorites.
Seth: I don't eat chicken, but I want to see your bird KFCed, heh, heh.
Hylian: I truly enjoy watching your G&W. Seriously.
Stiltz: "By your magical locks combined, you are third place - Go third place!" (<- Capt'nPlanet)
Axxo: Wha-? No Axxo shirt?! But... How will I tell you apart?!
Kage: It took like a full 2 hours till I finally could tell you apart from Axxo - Ack, sorry!
Furbs: Where were you?! I didn't see you till the end, cho.
Xyro77: Those videos... Whoa. I guess that's what happens when you don't have to worry about the brackets, huh? Nice.
Pimpslap: Man, you're white. Sorry, I just noticed.
Suavion: Good seeing you out of cons.
Cesar: Good job in teams!
RoyR: It's disturbing that I can imagine you wearing Captn'Falcon's clothes, speaking Spanish for some reason - "Golpe del FalCON!".... So very disturbing.
Everyone else: I'll do more shoutouts tomorrow when I remember more people... Not at 4 am, cho.

FooXero

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the great tournament Dugfinn. First time I've ever taken part in a Brawl tourney, and let me tell ya, I got my @$$ handed to me by RoyR first round. What can I say, lucky draw much? :D
Please do host another one on June 7th. The more we brawl the better, no? Plus I'm outta town late June and I'd love to get another crack at some of these people *bares teeth*. Cheers

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Tournament was alright, but those finals matches were probably the most boring thing I have ever sat through. Next time I'll enter singles.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
The tournament had 81 entrants!!!!!!!!!! This is a TEXAS STATE record. I want to thank DugFinn for helping me out on this. Like always, we make a great team.

Also, i have set up another tournament at PZ for may 31st. This gives you a 3 week break for finals/other stuff.

EVERYBODY! please post WHO YOU MAINED in this tournament. im trying to keep track of who every body used. If you played some one, plz tell me thier main too!!!! PLZ!

1: Hylian (G&W/IC)
2: Sethlon (Falco)
3: Stiltz (Metaknight)
4: Kira (snake)
5: Dr.MarioKart (metaknight)
5: Fliphop (diddy/DK)
7: CesarWTF (rob)
7: Mr. 3000 (sonic/dedede)
9: Axxo (rob)
9: JoJo
9: RoyR (marth)
9: T-Rex (snake)
13: PozerWolf (snake)
13: Blue J
13: Star Dog
13: Xyro77 (SAMUS!!!!!!!)
17: EmperCesar (Y Link)
17: Kalo (wolf/Metaknight)
17: Kage (Y link)
17: Moogz
17: LegendaryPimp
17: PKMN (pkmn trainer/olimar)
17: RocketTrainer (lucario)
17: Pimpslap (snake)
25: Gar (marth)
25: Kitsuziza
25: Kitty
25: SG
25: C12
25: Lucci
25: Creasy (ike)
25: G@be (G&W)
33: Rayzorium (falcon)
33: Gil
33: Erfonisowned
33: Onnii (ZS/metaknight)
33: Onin (zelda)
33: DingDing
33: Chuck
33: Okami
33: JesusFreak (marth)
33: Weegi
33: Nore (peach)
33: ABDK
33: Furbs (yoshi.....LMAO)
33: Mofro
33: KRD (IC)
33: Aion (ness)
49: Joe
49: Noodlehead
49: Ice
49: Avren
49: DoubleD (bra?)
49: Rich
49: Jaggd
49: FooZero
49: Jerk
49: Yokunai
49: Benz
49: Suavion
49: BenQ
49: Golf (peach)
49: Angel
49: Itachi
65: ROFL (marth)
65: Creshin
65: Tyle (falco)
65: L Tizzle
65: DarkSmurphs
65: Tallman
65: Jimboooo (falcon/Metakight)
65: Triforce
65: Do
65: Massa
65: Khaoz (falco)
65: ResumeDPosition (pikachu?)
65: Dmin
65: Delphiniun
65: Vin
65: PH3
65: Dreoh

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
The tournament had 81 entrants!!!!!!!!!! This is a TEXAS STATE record. I want to thank DugFinn for helping me out on this. Like always, we make a great team.

Also, i have set up another tournament at PZ for may 31st. This gives you a 3 week break for finals/other stuff.

EVERYBODY! please post WHO YOU MAINED in this tournament. im trying to keep track of who every body used. If you played some one, plz tell me thier main too!!!! PLZ!

1: Hylian (G&W/IC)
2: Sethlon (Falco)
3: Stiltz (Metaknight)
4: Kira (snake)
5: Dr.MarioKart (metaknight)
5: Fliphop (diddy/DK)
7: CesarWTF (rob)
7: Mr. 3000 (sonic/dedede)
9: Axxo (rob)
9: JoJo
9: RoyR (marth)
9: T-Rex (snake)
13: PozerWolf (snake)
13: Blue J
13: Star Dog
13: Xyro77 (SAMUS!!!!!!!)
17: EmperCesar (Y Link)
17: Kalo (wolf/Metaknight)
17: Kage (Y link)
17: Moogz
17: LegendaryPimp
17: PKMN (pkmn trainer/olimar)
17: RocketTrainer (lucario)
17: Pimpslap (snake)
25: Gar (marth)
25: Kitsuziza
25: Kitty
25: SG
25: C12
25: Lucci
25: Creasy (ike)
25: G@be (G&W)
33: Rayzorium (falcon)
33: Gil
33: Erfonisowned
33: Onnii (ZS/metaknight)
33: Onin (zelda)
33: DingDing
33: Chuck
33: Okami
33: JesusFreak (marth)
33: Weegi
33: Nore (peach)
33: ABDK
33: Furbs (yoshi.....LMAO)
33: Mofro
33: KRD (IC)
33: Aion (ness)
49: Joe
49: Noodlehead
49: Ice
49: Avren
49: DoubleD (bra?)
49: Rich
49: Jaggd
49: FooZero
49: Jerk
49: Yokunai
49: Benz
49: Suavion
49: BenQ
49: Golf (peach)
49: Angel
49: Itachi
65: ROFL (marth)
65: Creshin
65: Tyle (falco)
65: L Tizzle
65: DarkSmurphs
65: Tallman
65: Jimboooo (falcon/Metakight)
65: Triforce
65: Do
65: Massa
65: Khaoz (falco)
65: ResumeDPosition (pikachu?)
65: Dmin
65: Delphiniun
65: Vin
65: PH3
65: Dreoh
Darn, I took out Kira, I would've been 4th again :(. Oh wells

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Good games to all at the tourney. I wish I had actually moved up instead of getting 17th again. Ah well, I'll just have to do better and actually practice for the next one...

Also, after next Sunday, I'd be willing to travel to any part of Houston for some practice. Just get in contact with me, and we can spend a day practicing and testing stuff out. I really do want to get better. :)

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
For Brawl right? FS2 hold the record for biggest Melee tournament in TX second only to MOAST 3.

DugFinn is super duper awesome help.

Now go vote in my thread people!

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=166666

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Awesome! More tournies = more fun ^_^

Shoutouuuuuuuts

Hylian: Yay, we win ^_^ 15 matches in tournament for the win (or rather for the lose for me, heh). Them ICies are mean, make them stop touching me :(

Xyro: Videos ftw! You and DugFinn really do make a good team for running tournaments.

DugFinn: I don't think you really want that, falco would taste bland and cheap :embarrass

T-rex: Raaawr, the bird has vengeance ^_^

3000: Yep, as long as I time the grabs perfectly, I can still chaingrab sonic. Hes still a way better idea than Dedede though...one of the reasons I initially picked falco is because I knew that he'd be good against him.

RoyR: No luck at this one, eh? :ohwell: Even if Rockettrainner hadn't told me about marth upB'ing out, i still would've found it out from the falco boards.

Stiltzkin: So, you just giving up on olimar? :ohwell: Good matches, again. Stop overB'ing off the stage >.<

SideEffect: Yeeaah, those finals matches took forever :( Get there in time next tourney!

Kalo: Haha, it just has to happen :psycho: You're getting better, keep up the good work.

Pozerwolf: We still need to do our money match, lol

Really fun tourney...nice too see all the regulars and the new faces :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom