• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
A guys Im going to California on soon. Not sure when Im coming back. Anyways it's been nice playing you guys.

heytallman

CTALL
gg's today guys
Furbs do you want to play sometime? Maybe tomorrow (Wednesday)? Maybe we can get a couple others to come. If not, that's cool too.

Also, is anyone playing the tournament on the 8th at the Meyerland Gamestop? Just curious to see if anyone else will be there.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Theres a rumor going around that some one is holding a full version of brawl and is having a get together or tourney.........upate me on the info so i can go.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Rumor has it that Gamestop will start getting demos in about two weeks from this Friday. It might be earlier though...

There's a good chance I won't go this weekend. I barely have enough money as it is. :(

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
if brawl is going down this weekend...........im going....assuming i can get off

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Any person who doesn't go to the last Houston Melee Tournament sickens me. Brawl will be out soon enough, have some patience.

Cesar(WTF!)

Smash Apprentice
ATTENTION PPL !!!!!!!

Guys I 'm having doubts about this tournament at my house and thats because to begin with
it seems that not many ppl are going to show up for this and if thats the case then I might as well just make this a smashfest and not a tourney.Its pointless to have one if not many ppl are going to come, so if you guys can answer and give me an idea of how many ppl are coming to see if I still hold it or not.Second, I recently played Brawl and I have to say that its a different experience than melee and I'm rdy to make the change to Brawl and I don't feel like playing melee that much anymore UNLESS there are enough ppl that support this tourney and if there are a lot I will still host it.

Anyways if there are enough ppl then here are the times ppl can start coming this Saturday:
11:00am, Registration will end at 1:30 and tourney will start at 2
as soon as we are done with singles then we can do teams.
The latest everybody can leave will be at 2 am NO LATER THAN THAT.

Singles is $10 and teams is $5 for each team member

Singles:
1st:70%
2nd:20%
3rd:10%

Teams:
2nd:30%

Rules are MLG rules, you know the typical ones.

PLZ BRING TVS,GCS,WIIS,THE GAME WE NEED AS MANY AS PPL SO THIS TOURNEY GOES FAST.

Velox

Smash Ace
It was 11:30am one sunny day at Montgomery College. I was in the ELC studying anything and everything science, when suddenly a figure appear with a strange amount of "Ronnie-ness". Having not seen Ronnie in some decades, I had my doubts. However, as I stared at the supposed "SideEffect", it is evident that he posted at 11:41am on smashboards, the very same time I was watching him do "something" on the computer, had I have been an ELC employee, I might have been fooled by a Wikipedia article about the Black Sea or something, but oh, I knew better... However, having class at 12:00, and my doubts, I decided against further research on "Ronnie's" daily activities...

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Chris, you should've attacked on sight, SideEffects are a very rare Smash-A-Mon.

Mag will be coming to the tourny in full force, naturally. You should come too, chris =}

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
yea you should probably make it a fest, for the same reasons tgm said, the turnout is really going to depend on if brawl is at gamestop or not.

Jake13

Smash Lord
I will not be in attendance. I will be taking three smashers with me to not show up. Good luck to all if it's a tourney, have fun to all if it's a fest.

NEON666

Smash Journeyman
ATTENTION PPL !!!!!!!

Guys I 'm having doubts about this tournament at my house and thats because to begin with
it seems that not many ppl are going to show up for this and if thats the case then I might as well just make this a smashfest and not a tourney.Its pointless to have one if not many ppl are going to come, so if you guys can answer and give me an idea of how many ppl are coming to see if I still hold it or not.Second, I recently played Brawl and I have to say that its a different experience than melee and I'm rdy to make the change to Brawl and I don't feel like playing melee that much anymore UNLESS there are enough ppl that support this tourney and if there are a lot I will still host it.

Anyways if there are enough ppl then here are the times ppl can start coming this Saturday:
11:00am, Registration will end at 1:30 and tourney will start at 2
as soon as we are done with singles then we can do teams.
The latest everybody can leave will be at 2 am NO LATER THAN THAT.

Singles is $10 and teams is $5 for each team member

Singles:
2nd:20%
3rd:10%

Teams:
2nd:30%

Rules are MLG rules, you know the typical ones.

PLZ BRING TVS,GCS,WIIS,THE GAME WE NEED AS MANY AS PPL SO THIS TOURNEY GOES FAST.

i will be going with
kage
dawn
shok
path
zero
and we'll see if any others want to go

G@BE

Smash Lord
Mag...

Sadly will not be in attendance.. I have work. Ray has plans in SA and Alex... well... Has no ride. I have work on saturday so i might show up but i probably will not play.

Some last "melee" tournament heh

congrats to Jimbo the true winner of this tournament

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Most likely to Attend:

Ronnie
James
Tarzan
Tony
Dawn
kage
void
shok
Duke
nova
apoc??
Cesar
XZalla
Jeremy??
Heytallman?
Clueless
Stiltzskin
Random Person
Random Person

Still pretty good for a smashfest.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
im a "random person" boooo

well im bringing another "random person" with me

and the two people i was talking about earlier were stiltz and his bud.

why not just make it a fest and then if people feel like tourney-ing we can impromptu it?

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
wow i can't believe some of you aren't going just so you can play a DEMO at gamestop. that is so unbelievably ********. some kids at my school have the japanese brawl but i haven't played it yet cuz they're mostly losers and its in japanese. COME TO THE ****ING TOURNAMENT ITS THE LAST ONE

G@BE

Smash Lord
Just because it says " last melee tourny " does not actually mean the last tourny for it. That is unbelievably stupid if that were true.

So i have decided ( needs to inform ray ) that we are going to try and set monthlies back up over in magnolia. The thing is. We will do brawl... But people are still going to be good at melee. Why waste a talent that you spent so long to get?????????

So yea magnolia monthlies soon to come bish's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom