• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Can't play online. My net sucks too much to even start a match. And yeah why does TGM make you want to quit DDD?

Popertop

Smash Champion
'Cause he's MEAN!
Naw, I think he banned the infinite or something. Can't remember.
Chaingrab is still way gross though.
Rofl you need to come to my smashfest next time.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Yeah he banned the infinites but you can still cg. And I'll be there for sure, only reason I didn't come this time is because I had SAT in the morning before the tournament.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
yeah that was like DDD awesome linking ness to edge to edge guard and what not not but did not guarentee one hit kill like Ice bros..... lolz um i don't know wanna get my brawl code and try to play me dude we can work something out:)

but i will use DDD in the tourny but don't worry i can also use more then half the cast effectivelly enough to counter pick:)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Tell me then, what was it that I did with pit in that match against your Ice Climbers that actually allowed me to win that I didn't do the next match? xD. I know I played very defensively, but I don't really know why it worked xD.

Also, how do you desync Ice Climbers so fast when you're just standing still? I always have to make them roll seperate ways or desync them other very situational ways, which isn't that helpful against an aggresive player.

(Oh yeah, desyncing to make nana charge up against smoeone who has a projectile is a bad idea :p)
I am going to answer this because I can answer it easily.

Everyone else that wants advice, PM me :).

1. Well basically, it wasn't that you did something different the first match, it was that you played the same way both matches. I adapt to my opponents playstyle, and that was the first time I have ever played a pit with climbers. I just learned what you were going to do and what you relied on the first match, and used it to my advantage the second. You have to notice when your opponent changes his game up, and counteract that.

2. It's called a pivot desynch. It is really the best way to desynch, and you should learn it. Just pivot any move (I like to pivot ice block) and then you are desynched. I was wondering why you used the roll one >_>.

3. Yeah, I know. I had a new thing that I came up with, that I wanted to try out, but it doesn't work if my opponent has a projectile :(. I try anyways just to make sure and test things :).

FooXero

Smash Cadet
FooZero- if u didnt main falco why us him on me? Come on, am i not deserving of your main?
Lol. I friendlied you before our fight in the loser's bracket. I fought you WITH one of my main's (Marth) and you wrecked me cause I had no projectiles lol. So I tried using falco in our real match to see if my lasers to could stop zair and... well... Nope. Just too good Xyro. Too good :)

And Rofl, I agree with someone (SORRY! I don't remember who said it and I'm much too lazy to look back) that you are too predictable. I only use about 3-4 things in our snake vs. falco matches.

1. You shoot lasers. I duck and crawl. You either a) attack me, in which case i block and grab, or b) phantasm towards me, in which case I block and f-tilt or c) keep shooting lasers and let me d-tilt you.

2. I knock you off the ledge, and you grab on. You either a) attack off the ledge, in which case again I block and attack or back off and attack. Or you b) jump and phantasm across, in which case again I block and f-tilt.

3. You try to attack from the air. I just shield drop grenades and roll, or dodge and grab.

4. You stand there waiting for me. I do a little snake-dash/grenade action and see what happens and work from there.

5. I try to control the stage using C4's and proxys.

See, the whole match is predictable. Like everyone else has said, mix it up! I never see you just, for example, jumping up, fast falling and just going into trying to chain grab me instead of air attacking me. Or when you start shooting lasers you know it's hard for me to spot dodge from a crouching position, so go for the grab! If I shield you still have me :laugh: Just mix it up :)

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
to tallman, i will be running the tourney but TGM will be helping me a bit because it will be my first big tourney to run.

vince, i encourage you to go to the AZ tourney because honestly, there will be many bmt and houston tourneys, and odds are that there will be amazing players at the AZ one. nothing like playing a NEW good player.

(im in the 4% of people here who have a gf muahhaha)

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Rofl if you ever need Falco to Falco advice ask me or better Sethlon :p

I'm in Sugar Land/Fort Bend, if thats close to you.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
If stiltz goes to AZ he will be able to play with the best of the best in AZ but it is rather expensive for gas+tournie fees+food.

Either way, beaumont is trash and will be crushed.

Esca

Smash Champion
THATS RIGHT BEST SAMUS AND WOLF IN TEXAS GONNA TEAR UP BEAUMONT LIKE THE TRASH THEY ARE
Okay man, i at least beat you one round, and you're **** lucky i picked a falco against a metaknight, rofl. Your garbage man, and bluej had a better wolf than you did, you should, uh.. go put on some glitter or something.

True, but Beaumont has always been trash. Also I'm the best in this game.
Jeremy, you were too scared to even go to the tournament, you won't even show your face, because you know you'll get destroyed.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Jumpman is the best Wolf in texas. He 3 stocked T-rex in tournament.

No Johns.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
ATTENTION ALL BUTTMONT SCUM!!!

I, the Great Xyro, want to start off and say i like you guys. yall are all very nice cool people an i do not have a problem with any of you. Me and kalo will attend your event so plz relax and dont get too mad.

2ndly, if stiltz goes, i predict me and kalo will get top 5. If stilz does not go, me and kalo will battle it out for first.

3rdly, buttmont f-ing sucks.

Esca

Smash Champion
Yeah, stiltz said he'd bring two people, so get one from him. Jeremy.

edit: Xyro, you have a b.a. samus, and you can beat me. But i can reassure you that i will beat kalo. Other than that, I hope alot of competition comes, and i have a counter for your Samus, sir. =D

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
i like healthy competition =) thats the ****e we need in bmt.

so trash talk away, it makes results and matches way more fun

also xyro, you are a cool dude, thanks for helping me out with my first big tourney

CY

Smash Ace
i like healthy competition =) thats the ****e we need in bmt.

so trash talk away, it makes results and matches way more fun

also xyro, you are a cool dude, thanks for helping me out with my first big tourney
yes i love xyro and his sexy samus. i hope we can get some matchs in, i have never played a good samus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom