• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Meh, *shrug*
It was worth a try.

Anyways, I heard T-rex was picking up a secondary, anyone know who it is?

Lol, I just looked at all the cards I have and I don't even have enough energy. I have like seven of them, and half of those are spanish, and I also have a random spanish Jolteon.
I saw him playing Lucario in teams.

CY

Smash Ace
Meh, *shrug*
It was worth a try.

Anyways, I heard T-rex was picking up a secondary, anyone know who it is?

Lol, I just looked at all the cards I have and I don't even have enough energy. I have like seven of them, and half of those are spanish, and I also have a random spanish Jolteon.
que?

10taquerias

onii-chan

Smash Ace
thats my ruby party lolz i playratata, blissy, Tyranitar, Gengar, Fortress, and ether Spirit tomb or Jolteon whoever i fill like playing lolz

wanna play the card game lolz i have like a alot f old and some new ones my cousin got some boxs for like 20 bucks lolz
soon pimp i will manhandle your team...im getting a ds lite monday...all i need now is a charger and a pearl and i am ready to beat you...

golf?

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5647-4777-2873
ok. i have money set aside for the sole purpose of next hobo

sorry i didnt go D:

feel free to slap me when you see me

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
Will my hand run into some face fuzz when I have my way with you?

Btw to everyone interested in going to the Beaumont tourney, I can provide 2 maybe 3 people a ride to the tourney. And to those afraid of getting lost, I've been there many a time so people can caravan behind me if so needed.

Oh and big preference for the people I give a ride, I would prefer to take people who can get themselves to baytown. I don't really want to head the opposite way of Beaumont : P/

Bear in mind, this all won't happen if I end up going to the AZ tourney. I'll have my decision in a day or two.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Doubles will be last next time around. Im sorry for the Heat again, but it was as near as hot as the 1st PZ tournie even though more showed up and more tvs were there this time.

Shot outs:

TakeUrLife- im sorry i had to DQ you, i honestly calle du a billion times and other heard this. Whats your cell number? ill call your @$$ next time and make sure u aint DQed.

Esca- try using your main next time on me. Different results will follow.

Poptop- Zair is the way to go on the bigger characters. Plus, i knew if i stayed close u could bowsercide me. I had to do what i had to do.

Sethlon- again, your the ebst falco in the USA. Theres just no stoping you. Very good, i taught u as best as i can.

Jeremy fiefer- im so glad you showe dup. our battes were intense. Your mario was epic.

Gabe- thanks for leaving early. u really wasted you time.

Stiltz- im sorry they double teamed u but u deserved it for even considering to join the trash team. But now that u are apart of TEAM HOUSTON, i love you.

DugFin- there should be no reaosn why u arnt good at that mini game on mario party 8.

Mr.3000- You went all sonic in 1vs1......amazing. We will play at our next event. Sonic vs samus.

Lee Harris- THANK YOU FOR SHOWING UP!!! Your rob is very very good. Ill MM you samus vs ganon next time if u want.

ROFLMAO PWNY- drop falco go marth

FooZero- if u didnt main falco why us him on me? Come on, am i not deserving of your main?

Hylian- good luck in AZ. Teach them that texa sis better.

Xyro- Honestly, i didnt think your samus was as good as everybody was saying. But now i understand what the hype was about. Zair *****!!! Even hylian was braging that u were the best samus alive. I worship you to no end. Would you DO me?

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Xyro- Honestly, i didnt think your samus was as good as everybody was saying. But now i understand what the hype was about. Zair *****!!! Even hylian was braging that u were the best samus alive. I worship you to no end. Would you DO me?
Omg Xyro is teh **** guyz, Samos for God Tire!

ROFLMAO PWNY- drop falco go marth
Remember that I got the same place with Marth at Hobo 4 as I did with Falco at Hobo 5. Dead last. I'm considering giving up on Brawl. The community's cool, but I just suck at the game.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Omg Xyro is teh **** guyz, Samos for God Tire!

Remember that I got the same place with Marth at Hobo 4 as I did with Falco at Hobo 5. Dead last. I'm considering giving up on Brawl. The community's cool, but I just suck at the game.
I can give you some general advice on smash and show you ways to beat some people easily and habits people fall into if you want.

I would hate to see people quit just because they lose...

Strive to be better! Just wanting to win doesn't get you any closer to your goal. You have to work hard and change up your game a lot and you really have to understand what is going on rather then just trying to knock the other person off. Hard work does pay off though, and that is the most satisfying thing of all :). Improving.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
lol dead last?how you pull that off? just keep at it...see unlike most people that go to tourneys i am really not there to win...i am there to meet more people and make new friends also get a couple of rivals...but seriously though...dead last?my first tourney i placed...33rd...

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Strive to be better! Just wanting to win doesn't get you any closer to your goal. You have to work hard and change up your game a lot and you really have to understand what is going on rather then just trying to knock the other person off. Hard work does pay off though, and that is the most satisfying thing of all :). Improving.
I try but nothing works. No one lives around me except FooXero but I do everything I can. I go to the Hobos, I went to Stiltz's last smashfest even though it was an hour drive, I play with FooXero all I can, but what happens? I get last every time. I'm getting sick of trying to get better but never actually getting better.

Edit: Thanks for the vote of confidence Onii. :(

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I try but nothing works. No one lives around me except FooXero but I do everything I can. I go to the Hobos, I went to Stiltz's last smashfest even though it was an hour drive, I play with FooXero all I can, but what happens? I get last every time. I'm getting sick of trying to get better but never actually getting better.
I spent easily over $1000 playing melee and losing. I never won money. Ever. When I did it was because good player were not there. Yet I played from 2003 until brawl came out.

That is a long ****ing time of losing. I know how you feel. Actually, I would say I know how you feel better then you do. But I gained experience and friends and knowledge of the game. And now in brawl I am one of the best. It's because I am willing to push myself and not doubt my abilities. I am not better then you in any way as a person. I just go about the game differently. We could play and I could tell you a million things you a doing wrong that you probably don't even notice.

Analyze your game and compare it to others. Find out what the people who are winning do differently then yourself. Ask for advice. Watch videos. Practice.

heytallman

CTALL
Who did you play yesterday? That knocked you out of both rounds?

If it was someone good, or someone who placed high, there's no shame in losing to someone who's just better than you.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Also, if ANYONE in texas want's advice, I can give you some. I will help you get better, because I want our state to be good, and I want people to get better so I will as well.

Show me videos of yourself (Not online) or play me in person and I can help you if you want. Or you can just ask me things. I would love to help texas get better at smash.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
I spent easily over $1000 playing melee and losing. I never won money. Ever. When I did it was because good player were not there. Yet I played from 2003 until brawl came out.

That is a long ****ing time of losing. I know how you feel. Actually, I would say I know how you feel better then you do. But I gained experience and friends and knowledge of the game. And now in brawl I am one of the best. It's because I am willing to push myself and not doubt my abilities. I am not better then you in any way as a person. I just go about the game differently. We could play and I could tell you a million things you a doing wrong that you probably don't even notice.

Analyze your game and compare it to others. Find out what the people who are winning do differently then yourself. Ask for advice. Watch videos. Practice.
I watched Seth videos all the time and saw what he did that I should be doing and what he didn't do and that I shouldn't be doing. I asked for advice from Seth. I practiced against computers as well as FooXero and people at Stiltz's gig. Nothing. Maybe next time we can have that session where you tell me the "million things I'm doing wrong." I asked Seth to help me with that but he never has time to sit down and help. He's too busy winning tournaments. I'm going to try out Dedede next. I hate switching mains.

And Tallman I played Sethlon (obviously a loss there, I don't even know why we bothered playing) and coincidentally my second match was vs FooXero, who I already knew I would lose to. I wasn't pissed so much about that, because both players I knew I would lose to, but more about friendlies. I didn't win a single friendly while I was there I don't think.

heytallman

CTALL
I watched Seth videos all the time and saw what he did that I should be doing and what he didn't do and that I shouldn't be doing. I asked for advice from Seth. I practiced against computers as well as FooXero and people at Stiltz's gig. Nothing. Maybe next time we can have that session where you tell me the "million things I'm doing wrong." I asked Seth to help me with that but he never has time to sit down and help. He's too busy winning tournaments. I'm going to try out Dedede next. I hate switching mains.

And Tallman I played Sethlon (obviously a loss there, I don't even know why we bothered playing) and coincidentally my second match was vs FooXero, who I already knew I would lose to. I wasn't pissed so much about that, because both players I knew I would lose to, but more about friendlies. I didn't win a single friendly while I was there I don't think.
Remember anyone you played in friendlies? In your tournament bracket, you played two people who were better than you. **** happens. Happened to me at HOBO 4. Happens at the Sugar Land gamestop tourneys (die, Roy). You're gonna draw tough brackets. Nothing can be done about that. As for you doing poorly in friendlies....idk, I doubt you really remember anyone you played? Maybe you just played other people who just happened to be better than you. Just be more confident, and you're sure to start playing better. And if Hylian's offering you help, take it. No questions asked.

Hell, I could go for some advice from Hylian. Get me better, plox.

Esca

Smash Champion
Rofl, you need to learn not to approach with falco the same way, smart people who play change their game up during their game, along with their play styles, approaches, grab rates, and defensive movements to throw off their opponent, also like i've said to you also, falco isn't always about his fantasm, don't side-b as much, sometimes it confuses people to just jump back onthe stage when its useful, also, you need to dominate the chain grab, also with marth just learn to use the dancing blade and nair more than any other move, try not to fair as much except off the stage. Another very good tactic with marth is after you knock someone up in the air, jump up like your chasing them, then counter, they're almost always going to try and hit you.

Esca

Smash Champion
oh yeah, and hylian. I just wanted to tell you NOT to chain-grab me, and we'll friendly more next time lol. I would love to play the Texas M2K when it comes to knowledge of the game and tech skill.

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
Also, if ANYONE in texas want's advice, I can give you some. I will help you get better, because I want our state to be good, and I want people to get better so I will as well.

Show me videos of yourself (Not online) or play me in person and I can help you if you want. Or you can just ask me things. I would love to help texas get better at smash.
I'll take you up on that offer. : )

Rofl, I know you're a smart guy so I'm not gonna tell you all that cliche "Don't give up" BS. I highly suggest you give yourself more time to improve and to improve your practicing methods. I know you say you practice a lot with your local buddies and that it's getting frustrating to lose with all that hard work come tourney time, but can you honestly tell yourself that you've been doing the necessary things to get better at the utmost efficiency. From my perspective, I don't believe you have. Playing your local buddies only takes you so far, you have to consistenly play with many different players that are better than you. And besides, it's asking a bit much to expect improvement in between tournies that were so close together. You have to remember that as you improve, so do your opponents.

I believe you need to take a little break from the game. If you truly enjoy this game, your enthusiasm for it will return. If it doesn't, then maybe your making the right choice to quit. But while your off the pad, I suggest you analyze your playstyle. You've been around long enough to know what works and what doesn't.

ResumeDPosition

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I'm gonna be getting a wii and a copy of brawl in the next few days...I just got a HELL LOAD of spending money, so if XZalla reads this, I guess I was ultimately wrong about never getting a wii :/

I hope to get some games in with some people sometime soon, so if anything is coming up, I wanna hear about it.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
All these sad stories are pointless, you want to get better play me in this game. Im sure I will place 1st at the next Tournament. You want some advice, get a girlfriend. Only 4% of the people here do.

Hey RDP. whats up, long time no see.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
I highly suggest you give yourself more time to improve and to improve your practicing methods. I know you say you practice a lot with your local buddies and that it's getting frustrating to lose with all that hard work come tourney time, but can you honestly tell yourself that you've been doing the necessary things to get better at the utmost efficiency. From my perspective, I don't believe you have. Playing your local buddies only takes you so far, you have to consistenly play with many different players that are better than you. And besides, it's asking a bit much to expect improvement in between tournies that were so close together. You have to remember that as you improve, so do your opponents.
Well with the area I live in, yes, I think I've been practicing enough to get better than last place, or at least win some friendlies. I live near Katy, where NO ONE lives. Plus I played you/RT/Randy quite a bit at your friend's house.

ResumeDPosition

Smash Journeyman
All these sad stories are pointless, you want to get better play me in this game. Im sure I will place 1st at the next Tournament. You want some advice, get a girlfriend. Only 4% of the people here do.

Hey RDP. whats up, long time no see.
I'm making a jump back into Smash Bros after being away for long time. Still keepin up with Falco or did you move on to the lil' Wolfy?

KRDsonic

Smash Master

Tell me then, what was it that I did with pit in that match against your Ice Climbers that actually allowed me to win that I didn't do the next match? xD. I know I played very defensively, but I don't really know why it worked xD.

Also, how do you desync Ice Climbers so fast when you're just standing still? I always have to make them roll seperate ways or desync them other very situational ways, which isn't that helpful against an aggresive player.

(Oh yeah, desyncing to make nana charge up against smoeone who has a projectile is a bad idea :p)

Popertop

Smash Champion
Did he actually show up? Was Xyro just bsing?
Hylian I take you up on that offer. During this tourney in my matches against actual good people I realized what I was doing wrong and that brawl is a campy *** game. We gotta do friendlies next time.
Do you play any other competitive fighters?
Roflpwny, if you want to get good, you have to make sacrifices, and that means driving an hour to go to a smashfest. Don't give up on Falco, he's got way to many huge advantages to throw away. Also, talk to Hylian, way too good of an offer to get tutored by the Texas M2K of knowledge of the game and tech skill.
Anyone else I missed, GGs and we need to play more friendlies next time.
Especially you KRD!

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
I started trying out DDD and he's quite fun to play. I'll have to keep practicing wit him and see how I do against Foo the next time I see him. Hylian do you stay up in Austin unless there is a tourney?

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Seth has never lost a match to Stiltz
This statement is false. I lost the first match I ever played against Stiltz, my falco against his Olimar.
Although you might want to take into consideration that we both suicided twice that match, lol. It was a silly game.

Great tourney, shout outs in da results thread.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
You lost a match to Stiltz? Man Seth you're not all you're cracked up to be. I don't know why everyone thinks you're so good.

/sarcasm

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
FEAR the rattata doesn't really work against anyone anymore :p So many counters for it, ghosts, leftovers, hail, sandstorm, a priority move etc. :p

I still think Ice Climbers should be in pokemon :p they'd do awesome in double battles :p especially with two blizzards hitting each pokemon xD. and those Fsmashes...
....:( well then if we play casual i will like use gardivore or something iono lolz My steelix has 539 Defense and he's not legendary lolz. But he sck in everything else lolz he really does lolz.

ALSO i use no hax pokemons lolz popertop tell me the deck energy's you wan't and i will like give you that colour energy:)

i ban professer oak and gust of wind:) ( broken *** cards)

M

MyTime123

aRG I SAY to that! give it time, my boy will come through, thats what stilts does baby, he evolves. I think his bad run vs seth will stop real soon. Hurray for Vincey!!!!

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
Well with the area I live in, yes, I think I've been practicing enough to get better than last place, or at least win some friendlies. I live near Katy, where NO ONE lives. Plus I played you/RT/Randy quite a bit at your friend's house.
DDD :)

um pwny play ONLINE.... the lag sucks i know ,you will loose ALOT i know ,but you will gain experience you will learn the tactics that help you approach and out camp your opponent's characters. use what your opponents uses to beat you and work on not letting that happen:) then you will be able to change your playing style to meet certain Characters (there you take advantage). Also when you play sethlon or someone good give it your all, and mix things up a bit that way your getting good experience ,also if it works on a good player. Then it will definilly work on a not so good player. By online i meant go to allisbrawl.com go to a chat room and play people over and over and over your will see trends in charecters after a while, then you can learn when to punish when to space when to mindgame and when to spam:).

Don't quite brawl play casually if anything my friend....

wow wolf is aweome

also tgm makes me not wanna use DDD :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom