• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Yeah I realized a week or so ago that TONS of kids graduate on the 4th.

There are lots of events in and outside of Tx going on the same day as TGC 8. I can't reschedule. Gotta go with it.

Xyro77

Right so TGC 8 is over
Comic Palooza 2016 is over

Both events and their results threads are on the OP.

What we gonna do about this page, guys?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
More super xyro posts will surely attract visitors.

Trela is a celebrity so getting him to talk here will bring hordes of people, right? :troll:

iono, finding purpose again for boards over fb/discords is hard?
Not sure if it's the same for you guys, but shoutouts seem pretty dead for our region despite us being super active otherwise. Miss those things.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
FB was a mistake.
Funny enough even with Discord, the TX chat is still pretty much slow with mostly zano and I being the most active users which is saying something.

I don't think I've done shoutouts after tournaments since like 2013

Last edited:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Shout outs were the shizz things on Smashboards results threads. When results are posted on Facebook, 70% of the time are players just ******** and moaning about how terrible they did or how broken [insert] is. Granted the results is now used by uploading through Rankings > Upload Bracket and that doesn't use a reply-able thread. But no more personalized list of shoutouts.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I'm not going to be working where I was after next week, meaning I'll actually have weekends open for the first time in years. I haven't actually played Smash 4 other than way back when the 3DS version just came out, but wouldn't mind going to a tourney to chill and stuff. What's the next event in Houston?

:059:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Well, Facebook has become regulated, back to here.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
I remembering frequently checking SB to see if my ride was picking me up to take me to a tournament...

Xyro77

The OP has been updated with:

Insomnia 12 results
CCC results
TGM 9 (TGC) announcement
New PR
and other smaller changes....

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
Please revive this thread, old man. Do something, anything. Drop a nuke, post the thread on FB, like every post, make a shoutout at TGM 9, ban everyone from FB so they come here... I don't care what you do, just please revive this thread...

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
You right. I slacked off. I have smashboards.com/account/alerts as my Home Page and I don't bring my laptop everywhere.

Xyro77

I still have hope that one day, this thread will flourish again.
Not gonna happen. FB is too easy and more common. SWF is dead for eternity. TBH smashboards did this to themselves when it was down for like 23 days straight.

Top Bottom