• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

insomniavgc

Smash Rookie
New Insomnia Melee + Project M tournament happening on the 15th! IMPORTANT! We are taking registrations for Texas Showdown Championships in-store and they have extended the early bird registration deadline JUST FOR THIS EVENT! That means you can get the discounted $30 venue fee if you either register online before the 14th or register at Insomnia on the 15th. Trust me, you won't want to miss Showdown so save yourself the extra $$$ and sign up early!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1457238917832633/

Jesse Guerra

Smash Rookie
Hello all brand new to smashboards but been playing since i was small. Anyone know about any tournaments or just casuals in the Houston/Pasadena area? Really excited to start smashing with everyone.

tropicthunda

Smash Rookie
Hello all brand new to smashboards but been playing since i was small. Anyone know about any tournaments or just casuals in the Houston/Pasadena area? Really excited to start smashing with everyone.
A couple of us play at insomnia on fridays and Tuesdays, there's a tournament next saturday at insomnia as well, there's also a fb group for melee but I don't have one so you'll have to contact someone else for the link, if you got any more questions hit me up 8323663898

Ezzee

Smash Apprentice
ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!

melee aint commin back. brawl is the future, face it.

you can have RoM and Gen but melee is in decline and will not come back. They built up that mango vs m2k match at RoM for no reason. M2k plays brawl 90% of the time and mango plays no smash game but melee.......it was a one sided fight. And if you havnt been keepin up with the times, most of the melee vets(89% of them) have moved on to brawl(aka they retired from melee LONG ago).

So hows melee guys?!?!?!? lololololzzzzzz
Reading this now is really funny

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

It is an honor to announce that am hosting the return of an MLG (Major League Gaming) supported event in Houston Tx on May 3rd-4th 2014. This event, as well as other MLG supported events in the USA over the next 5 months, determine if Brawl/Melee/PM make it into the official MLG season schedule. This event, if supported to the max, will not only mean great things for the current smash games but can also help our future in Smash 4. Please go to this event and show MLG we want smash taken to the next level.

SWF Link:
http://smashboards.com/threads/may-3-2014-whobo-mlg-houston-special-edition-houston-tx.348315/

AiB Link:
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=14466

FaceBook Link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/278250605676938/?

NOTE: There is a player cap of 200 entrants so if you plan on supporting this MLG event, please register asap.

Last edited:

Xtra

Smash Ace
Yeah he still plays
nice. well me and my buddy met him and mojo and someone else at fc10 a couple years ago. we partied our share and kicked it a bunch with the texas crew. well now me and that buddy are thinking about taking a vaca coming up around may or june and we were thinking about coming to houston. i wanted to talk to jake and see if we could pass out at his house for like 2 days. basically we just come down get all ****ed and melee a **** ton. sounds like a blast? anayway next time u get a hold of jake u should tell him im looking for him.

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
nice. well me and my buddy met him and mojo and someone else at fc10 a couple years ago. we partied our share and kicked it a bunch with the texas crew. well now me and that buddy are thinking about taking a vaca coming up around may or june and we were thinking about coming to houston. i wanted to talk to jake and see if we could pass out at his house for like 2 days. basically we just come down get all ****ed and melee a **** ton. sounds like a blast? anayway next time u get a hold of jake u should tell him im looking for him.
Haha sure. Here's the Houston Melee FB group if you want to get in contact with him: https://www.facebook.com/groups/223986011009934/

Oracle

Smash Master
Texas Showdown is April 4th-6th! Featuring SSBM and SSBPM (Which will be on friday). Anybody interested in coming? I know the venue isn't cheap ($40 online, $50 at the door), but this is a great opportunity to show PM and melee off to the traditional FGC. There will be plenty of other fighting games, 3 days worth of events, and Capcom is even bringing Ultra SF4 that you can play! Registration is here

Ten_Squat_Curls

Banned via Warnings
Texas Showdown is April 4th-6th! Featuring SSBM and SSBPM (Which will be on friday). Anybody interested in coming? I know the venue isn't cheap ($40 online, $50 at the door), but this is a great opportunity to show PM and melee off to the traditional FGC. There will be plenty of other fighting games, 3 days worth of events, and Capcom is even bringing Ultra SF4 that you can play! Registration is here
Stopped reading after PM. Can you please remove that cancer from your event? Im sorry but I just can't hang out with PM losers.

Ezzee

Smash Apprentice
Stopped reading after PM. Can you please remove that cancer from your event? Im sorry but I just can't hang out with PM losers.
2 things

1.) They're on different days, meaning the 2 scenes will be isolated

2.) The melee scene really has no one to blame but ourselves. Texas Showdown was deciding between P:M singles and Melee doubles, and the melee scene, for some reason, didn't come out in support of doubles, so we ended up with P:M.

WwB5

Smash Rookie
Yea I got two numbers up there guys! Now all I need is for anyone else interested to just give there numbers. Then ill update the first post so we can finally see how many people actively wanna play!

sound good!? yes yes?
:D
hey do u guys still do this?

Top Bottom