• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social House of the Belmont Clan: Simon and Richter Belmont Social Thread.

Who are you maining?

• Simon Belmont

Votes: 59 33.0%
  • Richter Belmont

Votes: 83 46.4%
  • Both since they have the same moveset.

Votes: 37 20.7%

• Total voters

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
So I'm curious, how many people who're gonna be playing him are castlevania fanpeople and how many just fell in love with the character in smash?
I knew about Castlevania far before Simon and Richter were in Smash. I knew about Simon and some of the other games but not to the extent to call myself well-versed in the series. However, I did play the demo of Lords of Shadow 2. I had fun with it. I also owned Symphony of the Night but I never played it extensively as I wasn't into the Metroidvania genre until after I 90% beat Super Metroid (Ridley is brutal for me...)

However, I started really getting in depth with the series when Simon and Richter were announced and I was also getting into the Netflix show (which is amazing). I then went and started getting the games and played a chunk of the classic ones (1, 2, 3, IV, Bloodlines and Rondo) and Symphony of the Night. Super Castlevania IV quickly grew into my favorite game in the series so far with Rondo, Symphony and Dracula's Curse being close (though I did enjoy Castlevania 1 a lot). I do want to give the Lords of Shadow series a try though (their music is great and the art for those games are phenomenal).

I sure hope the Demon Castle War gets a game, though. It gives us an excuse to play as a Young Julius Belmont and we get to see the full demise of Dracula
before Soma Cruz was even a thing

Also Simon is one of my favorite characters to play as in the game. That also extends to Richter, I just like Simon more. No disrespect to Richter, though.

Last edited:

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
Ive noted on the Wolf vs richter video that Wolf reflected the holy water and richter grabbed it like an item...

Holy water seems to be an item.
It's definitely an item. If you're holding another item (like Beam Sword or whatever), you can't use Holy Water.
So I'm curious, how many people who're gonna be playing him are castlevania fanpeople and how many just fell in love with the character in smash?
I am #2. Never played Castlevania (just know about it), I saw the whip in the trailer and just knew I had to try them out. I've mainly been playing against the CPUs so far, but I have definitely fallen hard in love with the Belmonts. That feeling when you throw out all those zoning hitboxes to trap the opponent, then nail them in the face with a perfectly spaced forward smash or catch their jump with a well angled Fair is indescribable.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Reposting this here since it's most relevant to this place.
So the Castlevania Anniversary Collection finally got the last 4 games announced and the line up isn't bad at all.
  • Castlevania (NES)
  • Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
  • Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
  • Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
  • Castlevania: The Adventure (GB)
  • Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge (GB)
  • Castlevania: Bloodlines (Sega Genesis)
  • Kid Dracula (Famicom)
That's a good *** good line up, especially since it's $19.99 like the Arcade Collection that just released. Specifically, Kid Dracula is a big get considering the only release of it over here was a rather mediocre port for the Game Boy. Bloodlines is also a big get. That game is an underrated masterpiece so it's nice it's getting it's time to Shine in both this and the Genesis Mini later this year. Only big let down is Castlevania: The Adventure. For those that don't know the game was completely remade for WiiWare as Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth and was a HELL of a step up from its Game Boy counter part. It's a shame we didn't get ReBirth but the collection is $19.99 I can understand why. ReBirth was sold for, I believe, $15 on it's own.

Also, curious that Konami pointed out this Collection focused on the Origins of the franchise.
Which means, if this one sells, we'll most likely get a second collection. One possibly filled with MetroidVania Castlevania games. Either way, I'm very happy.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
It's on my wish list. I have ways of playing all those games but Kid Dracula is juicy and I want to support the series.

D

Deleted member

I want to pick the collection, more so after hearing from some that it is worth the 20€ it costs.

Hopefully Konami gets inspired in a good way if the collection sells well enough.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Anyone around consider themselves modestly good with the Belmonts? I just can't handle the projectile pressure with my heavies but I almost never get to practice with a real human. Anyone available as a sparring partner? I'm on the West Coast in the United States.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I'm glad that Simon is playable, and I think he merits to. But I have a theory that having Simon as a playable character cost Bomberman's chances of being playable. And I think Simon is a better addition than Bomberman.

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
a little OffTopic: Did you noticed that this icon from this sub forum has a Incineroar Icon instead that Richter one?

KingCosta

Smash Rookie
I main Simon, he's awesome to me, i learned how to use him very early on, and i'd be willing to play anyone online to see whose better!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Has anyone else been playing the Castlevania Advance Collection that came out not too long ago? I'm playing Circle of the Moon so far, and I'm about halfway through it. (Unless it turns out that the map percentage goes over 100) It's tough, but the rewind feature helps.

I've beaten Aria of Sorrow before, but the other three games are new to me, so I'll see how they compare to Aria or Symphony.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I am actually and yeah I wanna beat Circle of the Moon first but man it is a lot tougher than I recall.

Flik

Smash Journeyman
Here's a bunch of Castlevania music I modded to my Smash:

Original version:
Tragic Prince
Dissonant Courage
Sorrow's Distortion (Albus Battle)

From Harmony of Despair:
The Horde's Festival
After Confession
Crimson Blood
Ryukkoki

Covers by MegaDriver:
Jail of Jewels
Crucifix Held Close (newer version)
Crucifix Held Close (older version)

Other Covers:
Various Boss themes +Getsu Fuuma & Kid Dracula (by Yuuta Romeo)
Bloodlines (cover by Dr. Manhattan)
Clockwork (cover by BrainCells)

Also, I don't know a better place to post this:

I also have some Bloodstained, but I posted that on the Miriam thread. Should I post here too?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I bet Circle of the Moon Megadoomer Megadoomer and WOW it is hard hard. Especially the coliseum. That thing is insane.
Congrats! I'm still trying to figure out where to go after I beat Carmilla. There's one area that I think I need to visit (you can only get there with the ability that you get from beating Carmilla), but the enemies in there are difficult, so I'm not sure if I need to level up or grind for certain DSS cards. (it's got a bunch of Darkness Armours who shoot lasers that take off huge chunks of health)

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Congrats! I'm still trying to figure out where to go after I beat Carmilla. There's one area that I think I need to visit (you can only get there with the ability that you get from beating Carmilla), but the enemies in there are difficult, so I'm not sure if I need to level up or grind for certain DSS cards. (it's got a bunch of Darkness Armours who shoot lasers that take off huge chunks of health)
There’s a specific DSS that I used for that area. I think it’s JUPITER and UNICORN. I can’t remember for sure if it was Jupiter but it was definitely Unicorn. It puts a Holy Barrier around you and that’s immune to dark attacks I believe. It also damages whenever something touches it so you can basically just run through weaker enemies.

But yes, if you are talking about the upper portion of the map. That’s the correct way if I remember right.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I beat Circle of the Moon, though I had to make heavy use of the rewind feature for Dracula's second and third phases. I felt like I was underleveled and/or lacking in DSS options, but I got one combination that sprayed poison mist around my character, making it easier to deal with the bats and hit the core.

I will play Harmony of Dissonance at some point, though I want to beat Metroid Dread and Kingdom Hearts 2 first.

Top Bottom