• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social House of the Belmont Clan: Simon and Richter Belmont Social Thread.

Who are you maining?

• Simon Belmont

Votes: 59 33.0%
  • Richter Belmont

Votes: 83 46.4%
  • Both since they have the same moveset.

Votes: 37 20.7%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

Welcome to the Social of Simon and Richter Belmont.

Want to talk anything related to these 2? Feel free to do so!

Hey everyone,

long time TO and community leader here, I see we don't have a discord for Simon and Richter yet so myself and another community leader put one together.
We'd love to have some more admin and mod power, but also have a place for people to talk about the characters and everything!

We have a document in the discord already showcasing basic information about their movesets and whatnot.

https://discord.gg/QGmUD6S

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Congratulations Simon Belmont fans, the stage, character, and trailer were grand.

Richter was great too.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Hey I never played a castlevania game so just wondering was Richter a good echo choice? Could have of been a better echo choice? Any villain castlevania character who could of been a echo? is my main one though.

Gallerian

Smash Apprentice
Hey I never played a castlevania game so just wondering was Richter a good echo choice? Could have of been a better echo choice? Any villain castlevania character who could of been a echo? is my main one though.
Richter is the most popular Belmont in Japan, and one of the most popular Castlevania characters overall.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm joining the belmont hype train. Zoners have always been my type of character.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, the possibility of a Richter or Trevor echo did cross (no pun intended) my mind in the past. It was one of those ideas that just made sense to me.

Ironically though, I always thought that an additional Sonic character like Tails or Shadow would be the likeliest to break the "one character per third party franchise" fan rule. Though a Shadow echo being revealed at a later date wouldn't surprise me.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Have we got any clues on possible differences between the two yet?

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
I've always been more of a fan of Metroidvania than Classicvania so I don't have much attachment to these two as characters, but holy heck their movesets look great! They play pretty much how I expected Simon to, but it's been executed beautifully. I'm really interested in checking them out, and I think I'll play Castlevania 1 in the meantime! I think I'll check out Rondo of Blood, too, since I've never played it before.

But how about that music selection? The music was always what I was most looking forward to if Simon did get in, but never did I expect that many tracks! I am gonna spend so much time on the Dracula's Castle stage.

Last edited:

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
Oh man, Simon looks so awesome to play as. And Richter was awesome to get as well! I'm definitely giving them a legitimate shot at being my main.

Gallerian

Smash Apprentice
I've already decided that Simon Belmont will be my number one main this time around. I thought it was gonna be Ridley, but this is Simon Belmont we talking about here.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Congrats you guys! He looks *AMAZING!* And Richter is a spectacular bonus!

ToxoT

Smash Apprentice
been a long time since i posted anywhere. simon was who i voted for in the ballot and im ecstatic to play him when the game releases. i plan on maining him and so ive gone and studied what 60fps gameplay there is to get some early frame data. these were taken from the direct and character highlight videos. here it is for people interested, although some moves were not shown at all like dsmash. usmash was also difficult to decipher since it was shown in richters character trailer, but it seemed like it was charged slightly. utilt is also questionable since it could have hit with a later hitbox.

ftilt/jab? - f12
utilt - f10?
dtilt - f7
dtilt2 - f6
fsmash - f24
usmash - ?? possibly f24
dsmash - ?? not shown
dash attack - f10
grab - f10
dashgrab - f13

jumpsquat - f4
nair - f8
fair - f14 all angles
bair - f14
dair - f16
uair - f14
tether - f13

axe - f30
holy water - f16
cross - f19
uppercut - f6

there were also some repeated frames as i was looking through the videos, but i did my best to look at every clip of them performing a move out of neutral to get the most accurate data. this may not be entirely accurate, but just based on these numbers it seems like simon will be heavily reliant on setups from his projectiles since most all of his normals have f10+ startup.

Last edited:

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Hey I never played a castlevania game so just wondering was Richter a good echo choice?
Richter is a fantastic Echo choice! The playstyle Simon brings to the table basically begs for an alternative version of it to make sure everyone is happy, and Richter is a major part of the franchise's lore (so is Simon, of course). He's probably the best use of the 'Echo' concept the game has seen so far; both characters deserved to be in if the series is getting a Castlevania rep, and this should please the greatest amount of people.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Richter is a fantastic Echo choice! The playstyle Simon brings to the table basically begs for an alternative version of it to make sure everyone is happy, and Richter is a major part of the franchise's lore (so is Simon, of course). He's probably the best use of the 'Echo' concept the game has seen so far; both characters deserved to be in if the series is getting a Castlevania rep, and this should please the greatest amount of people.
What Castlevania game do you recommend?

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Depends on the style you're interested in.

Classic 2D Platformer with high difficulty? Castlevania 3 (NES). Japanese version if you can get hold of it for the superior music (the US version had to omit a special chip the JP version had, and the difference is significant) but either one will do.

If you'd prefer a big open world to explore and gain new powers and loot in? Symphony of the Night (PS1, other ports exist). It put the 'Metroidvania' concept on the map.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Depends on the style you're interested in.

Classic 2D Platformer with high difficulty? Castlevania 3 (NES). Japanese version if you can get hold of it for the superior music (the US version had to omit a special chip the JP version had, and the difference is significant) but either one will do.

If you'd prefer a big open world to explore and gain new powers and loot in? Symphony of the Night (PS1, other ports exist). It put the 'Metroidvania' concept on the map.
I’m good with both. Maybe a game what can tell me about Simon

If’s it’s on the 3ds it’s shouldn’t be a problem mines modded

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
ter a good echo choice? Could have of been a better echo choice? Any villain castlevania character who could of been a echo? is my main one though.
This... and no, there aren't Dark Simons or the likes on the series... the closer we may even be is actually the very same Richter when he was possesed by the dark priest Shaft (yes, someone got shafted at baptism.... wonder why he turned a Dark Priest) in Symphony of the Night.

Another possesed Belmont was Soleiyu Belmont... but honestly is pretty obscure, very few people remember Cristopher Belmont (His father) and he was never playable anyways.

Oh.. and maybe Dracula from lords of shadow 2... but honestly its whip attack wouldn't match teh actual whip attacks of simon, and it would been extrenely awkward anyways...

WAIIIT I just rembered that there are a couple of skeleton enemies with the same whip motion that Simon.... now i whant a skeleton simon alt T.T

(oh.. and there was also zombie Trevor... but honestly putting zombie trevor and not trevor would been travestry)

Last edited:

tskidless

Smash Cadet
NNID
tskidless
wow a frame 12 jab certainly want me not having anyone near me....
It's probably F-tilt and not jab though. Both Simon and Richter will probably be characters that focus on keeping their opponents out which a mix between projectiles and whip attacks. Retreating N-Air will probably be the best thing to do against characters that are in your face.

What Castlevania game do you recommend?
I would play either SOTN if you want a Metroidvania and Castlevania IV if you want a classic Castlevania. Castlevania IV has better jumping controls than the other three and allows you to whip in all eight directions.

D

Deleted member

I think the fact that some of Simon's moves were derived from Richter (the uppercut, Grand Cross Final Smash, etc.) made the latter the perfect choice for an echo.

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
I love how hey used the “Conan the Barbarian” style for Simon! I’d love a red hair Simon color based on the new design though!

tskidless

Smash Cadet
NNID
tskidless
Would a possessed Richter be a good alt?
Personally I do hope that a model based on SOTN is in the game. I also wonder if Maria will be mentioned in the game. Hearing Bloody Tears made me Nostalgic as heck too. Hopefully it gets it's own song since Monster Dance isn't really that good when compared to it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Richter's Dracula X Chronicles (Rondo of Blood remake) design could also work as an alt. And yes, that's also the one they used for that pachinko machine.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I see what you did there Sakurai.

I see what you did there.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Richter's Dracula X Chronicles (Rondo of Blood remake) design could also work as an alt. And yes, that's also the one they used for that pachinko machine.
Imagine if konami considered porting Castlevania chronicles X with symphony of the night included for the switch....*Shivers*...

I hope they ,at the very least, do a collection like megaman did...

(I miss virtual console :C)

I see what you did there Sakurai.

I see what you did there.

i expect tons of the simon's recolors to be like that one.... with all teh love Castlevania II have recieved this one is probably mandatory...

and this one very likely...
Image is broken... but is the haunted castle one... with silver armor and blue hair.

Last edited:

tskidless

Smash Cadet
NNID
tskidless
Divine Bloodlines or just Bloodlines depending on who you ask.

Belmonts are definitely going to be one of the first characters I try. Long range + projectiles sounds heavenly.

. . .Definitely a fan of Richter more though. Haven't played any of his games but he's definitely more attractive, at the very least.
:061:

Nakamura

Smash Cadet
Simon is for sure gonna be one of my secondaries his whip and smash attacks look fun, he could very well be a high if not top tier character as well, dont really care for Richter but happy for those who wanted him.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I've never heard of Simon Belmont until the leak, so all this is new to me. The only Castlevania game I played was for the Game Boy.

Simon and Richter look like characters I might enjoy. They are projectile-heavy, and have long-reaching attacks. Assuming they have the "same strengths" like Sakurai said, then for the sake of being different I might stick with Simon, since it seems most people are going for Richter. Also, I favour Simon's stern, serious attitude over Richter's boisterious charm.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
a couple of the songs we are getting, for all the people coming to this thread that have never touched a castlevania game :D

all of this is already confirmed coming to smash.... gosssh <3

Top Bottom