• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hotel Venue Reservation for Tournaments

Registeel

Smash Cadet
NNID
luigi1594
Hey guys, I'm hoping someone can offer insight on this particular issue. For events that are held in hotels, big events like TBH and the like, how do reservation logistics usually work? Before I chose the On-Campus Venue for Smash Valley II, I checked a bunch of hotels but all of them required like a $5000 food service charge in order to get the space. Do popular TOs simply pay for this charge out of pocket in hopes that they will make enough to cover it or are there some extreme negotiations going on? I'd much rather use a hotel as a venue than an on campus one where there are heavy regulations preventing me from running the tournament the way I want to run it.

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
Hey guys, I'm hoping someone can offer insight on this particular issue. For events that are held in hotels, big events like TBH and the like, how do reservation logistics usually work? Before I chose the On-Campus Venue for Smash Valley II, I checked a bunch of hotels but all of them required like a $5000 food service charge in order to get the space. Do popular TOs simply pay for this charge out of pocket in hopes that they will make enough to cover it or are there some extreme negotiations going on? I'd much rather use a hotel as a venue than an on campus one where there are heavy regulations preventing me from running the tournament the way I want to run it.
I don't have much experience with this, nor have I dealt with this personally, but I've been told that they either pay for it before-hand and get the funds from the venue fee, or (not sure how often this happens as I've only been told of this once) they ask to pay afterwards.

Top Bottom