• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hot Dickings! Jan 30th - 31st! 2010, STL MO. BONUS POT (1/24/10 with LIVESTREAM)

Legan

Smash Lord
lol its official, Missouri is dumb. **** Missouri :D.

Nope needs to cancel that ****in tournament or post pone it, its a **** monthly, big deal.

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
Vegans...lol.

I don't see how if everyone was vegan that world hunger would end. I know veggies and fruits don't fill me up very much. Not trying to offend, I just don't understand how it would solve the problem of world hunger?

Also Rauleen, <3 cookies.
the basic idea behind it is that the world grows enough crops to feed all of its inhabitants, and instead of people being able to consume this vegetation, meat industries buy it to fatten up their animals more and more, now a cow could graze naturaly in the wild and eat random grass and other ****, but instead, its being fed crops humans could eat, and a cow takes much more wheat to fatten it up than a human takes to not be malnurished.

@lord - don't let one vegetarian speak for all. I've met some vegetarians that don't really think alot about their choice and just feel it is wrong because they subconciously see that its slavery, they may not be able to put that into words, but they see it. And then I know vegans/vegetarians like tomacawk who have researched and read and other ****. I probably fall somewhere in the middle between these two extremes myself. And I can't tell you how many times someone has told me that animals were put here by god for us to eat, and that if animals don't like being enslaved they should fight back, and I literally have people at my work tell me all the time that we are bigger stronger and smarter and therefore have the right. And I can't even remember the amount of times that people say because we have been doing so since the dawn of time, it makes it ok. But I realize not all meat eaters are this stupid.

@milk - I don't see why people can't discuss this as long as its done in a civilized manner(btw, I fully support tomacawk's right to get angry if someone labels all vegans ******s.), I know it doesn't really hype your tourney, but its like one of the options that tomacawk said earlier, we can continue to be ignorrant to the situation. And maybe ignorance is bliss, but would it really be better for people to walk around totally ablivious but still content with everything in life, I personally would have everybody see whats wrong and try to change it or do something atleast.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Vegans...lol.

I don't see how if everyone was vegan that world hunger would end. I know veggies and fruits don't fill me up very much. Not trying to offend, I just don't understand how it would solve the problem of world hunger?

Also Rauleen, <3 cookies.
Most of a person's main dietary need comes directly from starch in the form of rice/potato/etc. Eating animals products happens to be highly inefficient, because as you move up each level of biological hierarchy, only about 10% of the net energy gets transferred.

Basically, if the world became vegan, we would theoretically have enough food base to feed the world. Theoretically because the world becoming vegan is even less likely than the world accepting homosexuality as natural =/

Back to the tourney, we should start listing setups so we can see how many we can procure, and how many more we'll need to have an efficient tourney :p

edit: tdk samurai posted before me lol

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
"Basically, if the world became vegan, we would theoretically have enough food base to feed the world. " lmao

Legan

Smash Lord
I really Dont think its a the place for that kind of talk samurai

Some MO players can be really ******** sometimes and dont seem to realize that alot of people dont know who they are or their sense of humor and they lack any form of censorship when they feel that uncontrollable urge to say something stupid/offensive to random people despite being warned that when you say stupid/offensive things to random people it isn't smart, especially when we want them to attend our tournament.

Cook was a *******, toma overreacted and now we have like 3 pages of unnecessary ****. Leave it be

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Ah I see, now. I <3 meat far too much to give it up however, we have canines and our eyes are on the front of our faces for a reason.

So vegans, are you against just the way meat and all that stuff is produced. Or against killing an animal and eating it just in general? Like for example, hunters. I hunt, but it's so I can have some food.

Just saw your post Legan. Mah bad. After this post I'll shut up.

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
k well I'm shipping off my Wii to nintendo Thursday because the Wii lens cleaning kit didn't work, meaning I probably won't have it before the tourney. Will there be like time before the tourney to go to like practice mode and just relearn the controls and such?

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Does no one listen, seriously?

DROP IT FFS.

I don't care if you talk about it, go ahead, but not here, this thread is for tourney and tourney related discussion. If someone has somehow construed my posts as being me trying to glorify my tourney, you are an idiot.

I am trying to say THIS IS NOT A THREAD FOR DISCUSSION ABOUT THE RIGHTS AND WRONGS OF BEING A VEGAN. Take it somewhere else.

Legan if we have time for Low Tier doubles(No promises, I have no idea on attendance and how long everything else will take) at this, you wanna' team? I threw the idea out earlier but I don't think you saw it. Also if we do crews, I wanna' be in STL crew even though I don't count. :(

@FAE, that's fine. You'll have your Wii back in like a week or so though.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Social liberals vs social conservatives crew battle.

Melee.

4 stock 5 players on each team.

Of course, all matches will be played on Green Greens. Because we like to eat healthy.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
I don't see how being vegan alone can end world hunger. Many countries live in very dry land. Veggies and fruits spoil within a short period of time (meat does too, but it's easier to freeze/season etc to last longer). The amount of fuel it would take to continuously fly back and forth would be insane. Fuel prices are constantly rising, because apparently the earth is running out. Using the fuel to transport veggies back and forth could only stop world hunger for a very limited time (assuming your theory is true.)

2. Animals eat plants when people eat meat and plants. Animals also eat plants when people eat meat only. Eating plants + meat would have very little effect than just eating plants (even if people were fattening the animals.) Where there are vegetarians, there are also meatatarians.

3. That soy, organic, and produce in general is really expensive. I'm trying to pay for school, my rent/bills, a child, and feed my family and often lose money as it is. Buying a gallon of milk that came from a cow and a dozen eggs that came from an egg prevents MY WORLD HUNGER. The real hamburger and chicken stuff is cheaper, tastes better, and keeps me from starving.

Most of a person's main dietary need comes directly from starch in the form of rice/potato/etc. Eating animals products happens to be highly inefficient, because as you move up each level of biological hierarchy, only about 10% of the net energy gets transferred.
"MOST!" does not equal "ALL". 10%>0%. I agree with bolt. If I eat 1 serving of meat and 1 serving of veggies, I am even more full than say I eat like 6 servings of veggies. Animals see the need to eat other animals for energy rather than just plants. There is a lot of protein in meat, which is definitely beneficial to the human body. Most of the protein in the organic/soy sections of the stores are man-made, hence a reason they cost more.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I hope Oranos shows up, that man hasn't shown to ANY of my freaking tourneys in FOREVER.

I miss himmmm...

And I wanna' rematch him in MAYLAY cause now I don't COMPLETELY suck nuts.

But I'm still scrubby. :'(

OMFG BINO, READ POSTS, I WANTED THIS TO BE DROPPED LIKE A MILLION PAGES AGO!!! :'(

Still <3 you.

Tink

Smash Hero
yooo....i love you rob, but this is a TOURNAMENT THREAD.......not a fvcking "vegan/world hunger/political" discussion....gtfo of the thread if it isnt about the TOURNY....post that **** in poop chat...for real, its ridic already.....the TOs are saying not to post about it, so stop.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i cant wait for this tournament though....IL will take any and all crew battles at this(for melee), and i knowww ppl will want some of this action =).

also, me and kels are taking teams for IL, and kels is taking singles home....who can stop him =)!!

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Milk, I go by PEEF. Rich is...not even close to my real name.

Anyhow since this thread is lively as hell and you just answered TBB, perhaps you could tell me where me and a couple crewmates can stay Sat Night for some Melee?

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I just addressed you by your Smashboards name, my apologies.

To be blunt, I have no idea where Melee people are staying besides Lixi's apartment for a few people. MentokJebus is housing a few people I believe. Go yell at them in the Melee thread for this about housing, and make a note you know Lixi is offering as well, casue he's came up and said something like 5 times

Tink, thank you, glad someone is trying to help me.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
http://www.news.cornell.edu/releases/Aug97/livestock.hrs.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_effects_of_meat_production
That is all.
I would love to answer questions people may have. PM me.
And please do not scapegoat ME for ruining this thread. If talking about cookie's and locals spamming inside jokes and useless chatter to each other isn't ruining a thread but me taking a stand over my beliefs is, then I don't know what to tell you all.
Social liberals vs social conservatives crew battle.

Melee.

4 stock 5 players on each team.

Of course, all matches will be played on Green Greens. Because we like to eat healthy.
i lol'd really hard, I'm so down.
I'm not sure if oranos is coming or not. Same with doomshroom/gambit.
I'm beating kels in melee so it's all good. Somebody else has to beat tink though (kels?)

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I know thats what you were doing Milk, just letting you know 4 futurez =]

Lixi seemed very unsure and fluid. The brawl housing is so well laid out on the OP, perhaps we could get something like that.

I'll beat Tink with my ganondorf.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Once people start stepping up for Melee housing, I will gladly do the same for you.

Also, And, no I'm not much of a MW2 guy, I like shooters more on PC. I mostly play fighting games on my PS3, with Borderlands, DJ Hero, and LittleBigPlanet thrown in the mix too.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Hahah, sorry guys, I was replying to the posts before I saw the other ones. I'm multitasking so I'm a little slow.

Anywayz, so my B-button broke on my controller, is there a way someone can lend me a controller?

Tomacawk

Smash Master
What is the IL crew roster? I gotta get in on that ****.
Rob check your pms.
I will wreck anybody in moneymatches for melee. ANYBODY.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Tomacawk, MM me, 2$, best of 5 CP, start with fox dittos. oh and btw, i guess Springfield and Peoria are merging (absorbing?)

Tink

Smash Hero
we would prolly split us up into chicago...would be our crew. southern IL would have another decent crew....putting us together though would be *mango voice* raaaaaaappppee.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Chicago is too good in itself. Im not kidding you need some bad people...

And I need a place to be in. Tomacawk and I are forging our own crew. Who wants in? Peoria?

Team Broccolicawkenpeef

Legan

Smash Lord
Wow stay out of St. Louis with that top tier, fox only, final D, bull****.
Get ***** by our ****ty obscure characters.

Ill MM all falcon mains also

Link vs Falcon + Marth players

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Legan $20 mm? DK vs. Link ?

MAD HYPE!!!!

also taking any $mm with my sheik because I obviously suck with falco now.

Top Bottom