• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hot Dickings! Jan 30th - 31st! 2010, STL MO. BONUS POT (1/24/10 with LIVESTREAM)

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Rainbow Cruise is a CP, you must have just misread it. As for PS2, it's pretty standard to leave that out.

Also omfg joker you have to come to MO you big sexy beast you!
Oops yep I missed it >.<

But come on there's nothing wrong with PS2 I think is a pretty legit CP <(^.^<)

And yeah Metal I want to make this so we can get some more epic matches with Samus <3

§chizm

Smash Lord
I'll probably go if others from Iowa are going.
CPs look fine. I don't really know what's wrong with PS2 but I'll never actually counter-pick it so whatever.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
I would LOVE PS2, especially the neutral transformation, if it didn't have the really lame mechanics on the Air, Ice, and Electric transformations :\

I'm kind of on the fence about it, but more towards against it. I definitely feel that it's way worse than Japes or Pictochat though... so I usually am against it. Especially Ice and Air are just SOOOOO bad :(

...but seriously, SAMUS DITTOS!!!! Maybe you guys could stay with me, depending on how many you bring ^_^ if not, Nicole has more space :p

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
who wants to team? hopefully if lain comes we can team

MetalMusicMan

kk I changed it Will. You big sexy man you.

Let's do a D3 3 for all. ;)
Lawl DeDeDe-for-alls :p

To elaborate, though...

I REALLY hate those "only suicide kills with even % counts for the win, else % and stock counts" rules though...

That's more what I was talking about.

It's your tournament and I'm coming either way, but I feel like saying that a suicide kill "doesn't count unless you have a lower percent" is really really REALLY gay. Like... would you discount a gimp on someone just because they had a higher percent? No. I think suicide kills are just the same as gimps, personally.

Anyway, either way I'm coming, but that's my 2 cents on it.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
To Ripple, pretty sure Lain said he was coming to this, btw. ;)

Lawl DeDeDe-for-alls :p

To elaborate, though...

I REALLY hate those "only suicide kills with even % counts for the win, else % and stock counts" rules though...

That's more what I was talking about.

It's your tournament and I'm coming either way, but I feel like saying that a suicide kill "doesn't count unless you have a lower percent" is really really REALLY gay. Like... would you discount a gimp on someone just because they had a higher percent? No. I think suicide kills are just the same as gimps, personally.

Anyway, either way I'm coming, but that's my 2 cents on it.
Yeah I get what you're saying, I def. worded it wrong from what I was aiming for. My mistake.

MetalMusicMan

Cool-- if you wanted to clarify more then all it should need to say then is something like

"If a game ends with a suicide and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for the initiator of the suicide. If it goes to the character victory screen, whoever is shown as the winner on the character victory screen is the winner."

That way if someone wiggles out, they win, but if it goes to sudden death (which only happens because of port priority, hence the rule), then the initiator wins.

TP

Smash Master
Cool-- if you wanted to clarify more then all it should need to say then is something like

"If a game ends with a suicide and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for the initiator of the suicide. If it goes to the character victory screen, whoever is shown as the winner on the character victory screen is the winner."

That way if someone wiggles out, they win, but if it goes to sudden death (which only happens because of port priority, hence the rule), then the initiator wins.
Ganon's goes to sudden death if he has port priority and he loses if he doesn't. Furthermore, he occasionally (roughly 5% of the time) loses even when he does have port priority because of how his acceleration and the hitboxes work (this is so difficult to control that it is fair to call it luck). This rule would **** him over... and he's already ****ed by the stage list anyway, so this is really just adding insult to injury. :urg:

MetalMusicMan

Ganon's goes to sudden death if he has port priority and he loses if he doesn't. Furthermore, he occasionally (roughly 5% of the time) loses even when he does have port priority because of how his acceleration and the hitboxes work (this is so difficult to control that it is fair to call it luck). This rule would **** him over... and he's already ****ed by the stage list anyway, so this is really just adding insult to injury. :urg:
lol, seriously? I'm surprised that I didn't already know that weird bit of trivia... then again, it's Ganon. That's hilarious and really poopy :\ freaking Ganon and his weird quirks. I guess just leave it as...

"If a game ends with a suicide and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for the initiator of the suicide."

...then, lol. I'm assuming Ganon is the only character that has such a weird mechanic? I'm pretty sure that no one else's suicide works that way... I know DeDeDe's doesn't for sure.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Especially Ice and Air are just SOOOOO bad :(

...but seriously, SAMUS DITTOS!!!! Maybe you guys could stay with me, depending on how many you bring ^_^ if not, Nicole has more space :p
I love the ice part XP
But yeah that's the thing people tend to run away in PS1 when it goes Fire/Rock until it goes back to default which I guess the same thing can be done in PS2 but most of the Stages it changes into are somewhat flat :urg:
But is the TO stage list either way I'll get to see my boy METAL >.<

If Iowa comes there should be around 5-7 ^.^

TP

Smash Master
lol, seriously? I'm surprised that I didn't already know that weird bit of trivia... then again, it's Ganon. That's hilarious and really poopy :\ freaking Ganon and his weird quirks. I guess just leave it as...

"If a game ends with a suicide and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for the initiator of the suicide."

...then, lol. I'm assuming Ganon is the only character that has such a weird mechanic?
As far as I know, Ganon is the only one. Basically, if you start the ganoncide a specific height from the bottom, the opponent always wins. The problem is that these various heights are a matter of pixels thin, so there is no way to know if you are going to hit one of them or not.

:034:

Nuris

Smash Lord
spam spam go go go
there should be melee. is anyone outside of st louis interested?

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Man, I told myself that I wouldn't travel for tournaments anymore, but this will probably be the exception, along with WHOBO2. I can't let my terrible placings from OK be my last OoS placings.

*starts practicing seriously again*

Teh Future

Smash Master
Affinity go MK hes soooooo much less gay than ICs ololollo.

Phil if you make sure the rest of stl melee scene comes and they actually post and say they are then more people will come for melee. If lain is coming then he'd enter melee as swell and I might. You know legan willls... the only thing stopping melee from happening is the stl melee cats not coming at all

Teh Future

Smash Master
well he knows how to chaingrab according to youtube, and obviously thats all there is to ICs

milk you should change the title so brawl: appears in pretty blue mirite

MetalMusicMan

well he knows how to chaingrab according to youtube, and obviously thats all there is to ICs

milk you should change the title so brawl: appears in pretty blue mirite
Oh yeah, I forgot that they added that-- you can select it in your "post category" or something like that in the original post. That's a good idea.

MetalMusicMan

Wellz I was waiting to see if Melee would spark interest, so I could put both.

I'd enter Melee as well.
Can you not change it after you select it? If you can change it later, you could leave it as Brawl for now until we figure out how much Melee there will be or if there will be enough.

MetalMusicMan

i need a doubles partner, anyone interested?
A couple of my local guys might need a partner, if you can't find one elsewhere. Kolby, Seth, or Kevin might maybe. I'll ask them or you can when you get here :)

Hmm, 7 1/2 hour drive from NEBRASKAH. Am I determined enough to go?
You'll have the prestigious title of "best Sonic main at the tournament" if you come! ^_^

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Wellz I was waiting to see if Melee would spark interest, so I could put both.

I'd enter Melee as well.
Is there enough space in this venue to do Melee with Brawl?

Personally I think Melee and Brawl together on the same day is a bad idea unless you're a really disciplined, no-nonsense TO. When we went to Springfield some Brawl matches really held up Melee (and vice versa I'm sure).

You need to have someone who can figure out which matches can be played and force people to stop ******* around with friendlies when necessary.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Well considering some people would be entering Brawl + Melee, doing them at the same time would be a bad idea.

Same day though, can happen. We've got tons of time. We've got more then 12 hours to run the entire thing.

Edit;
Just browsed through STL thread, and yeah, someone who plays Melee a lot should run Melee, I'm not going to tolerate actual intention to insult **** talking this time, For fun **** talking is one thing, ignorant **** talking and trolling won't be tolerated.

If it gets out of hand, I will ask you to leave.

Phil, if YOU'RE serious, you're more then welcome to run Melee.

Double Edit;
Metal, when did Seth start playing again?

MetalMusicMan

Well considering some people would be entering Brawl + Melee, doing them at the same time would be a bad idea.

Same day though, can happen. We've got tons of time. We've got more then 12 hours to run the entire thing.

Double Edit;
Metal, when did Seth start playing again?
Be careful what you say though... if we get a good Brawl turnout, Brawl could easily take all day. A lot of Brawl-only tournaments do.

You might not wanna bite off more than you can chew by advertising this as a dual-main-event tournament. Maybe it'd be better to leave Melee as a smaller / side event in case we run out of time, which we may very well if the turnout is legit.

Maybe we will have plenty of time, but I always like to plan for the worst-case-scenario.

Seth still plays, just not as much and he hasn't gone to a tournament in forever because he's whiney or something, I dunno. He will almost certainly come to this one though because it's for REALZ and in STLzorsz.

Legan

Smash Lord
So proud of Rauleen for getting the ball rolling on this **** (I smell a new epic TO in the making) . Luke i know youll be able to run this smoothly as you always do.

Phil is a *** but Im sure hed do a good job with the melee tourney.

And to Rip: Lains obviously teaming with me scrub, you should have asked to team with me (You would have had a better chance<3 ).

Edit: Did I mention Legan will be at this tourney?

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Sorry if it was posted anywhere, but what's the expected(ish) turn out? I can see my smash party van from Iowa rolling on down. PS we seat 7. Takers?

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
@Metal
I forgot to factor in doubles as well, so yeah this might take awhile. I'll do some calculations later.
Also please make sure Seth goes, I miss that fella'.

@Legan
Thanks bud, I might come hang the night before possibly, if all works out, and if that's cool with you and Rauleen.

@Afrayail
Well, this ended up making more hype then I thought, as of right now, I think...we're coming close to 30, no joke.

Top Bottom