• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hostile Takeover's Battle Arena #5 (SSBM, AE2012, UMvC3) - August 24th, 2013 - New Windsor, NY

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Join us for our monthly fighting game tournament!

$10 Venue fee (Includes playing casuals)
$10 Tournament fee per tournament

This event requires that you bring your own controller.
Wireless controllers are discouraged.

Payout: 70/20/10

Super Smash Bros. Melee (GC)
Registration 1pm-3:30pm
Tournament 4pm-7pm
Double elimination, best of 3
Semi-finals and on are best of 5
DSR Modified / Wobbling is legal

Super Street Fighter 4 AE v2012 (360)
Registration 1pm-3:30pm
Tournament 4pm-7pm
Double elimination, best of 3
Finals and on are best of 5

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (360)
Registration 1pm-6:30pm
Tournament 7pm-10pm
Double elimination, best of 5

Links:
www.twitch.tv/HostileTakeoverLIVE
www.facebook.com/events/582036725180870/
www.facebook.com/HostileTakeoverGaming
www.youtube.com/HTNation
www.twitter.com/HT_Gaming
www.hostiletakeovergaming.tumblr.com
www.smashboards.com/threads/tentative-mbr-official-ruleset-for-2012.313252/

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I definitely wont be able to make this one, since Im going to Bar Battles in Philly this weekend. But if its monthly you will see me there eventually.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Hoping to see a good turnout for Smash so the rest of the team can see how tight this community is!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
are you promoting this tournament anywhere else? because it doesn't look like youre going to get much of a turnout for this based on this thread.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Probably gonna go to this. Anyone else bringing a PM/B-minus setup? Would really like to do some friendlies.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Probably gonna go to this. Anyone else bringing a PM/B-minus setup? Would really like to do some friendlies.
bringing a project m setup ,for friendlies on the side
^^^ :D

holy crap, this is half an hour away
You're from PoTown? You should come through if possible. :D

are you promoting this tournament anywhere else? because it doesn't look like youre going to get much of a turnout for this based on this thread.
We always promote our tournaments all over Facebook/SRK/Twitter/etc. Melee is the only game looking to have a ~10 turnout.

www.facebook.com/events/543497769021623

No johns same day :(
No Johns is the day before, according to their thread.

Kris Sweetser

Smash Cadet
sorry guys cant make it , in the hospital for a week , i was really looking forward to it , maybe i can make crossfire on the 30 but well see how ill heal from surgery

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
sorry guys cant make it , in the hospital for a week , i was really looking forward to it , maybe i can make crossfire on the 30 but well see how ill heal from surgery
Ass :( Feel better bro!<3 We're having another one out in Salt Point on the 29th, idk if you'll be good by then.

Kris Sweetser

Smash Cadet
thanks man, i would love to get out in the world again lol feels like i been in here forever , ill let you know if i an make it for sure !

Kris Sweetser

Smash Cadet
Hey dark oblivion ! I think dj said he was attending , that could've changed idk , deff go though man , some good players should be there

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Next date has been announced! July 27th, 2013! We had a small group of very skilled players last time, I hope we can expand on that. :D

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
we have a tournament on that day in rochester too. what are the chances we can get you guys to come to it for marvel and SF?

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
we have a tournament on that day in rochester too. what are the chances we can get you guys to come to it for marvel and SF?
We already have this date set with the venue and advertised all over facebook, we can't change it. Even if so, I don't believe any of us have the money or time for such a trip. :/

Is it a Dustbowl tournament that day? We're hoping to head up there one day to play with everyone.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
1. The next dustbowl is in October, here is the thread.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...pionships-october-19th-2013-cicero-ny.337933/
Feel free to post there and start building hype, we actually need this one to be really really big, so we need EVERYONE to show up for that one.

2. Rochester is holding a tournament on the last saturday of each month. if thats also the consistent date that youve decided on, let me know now.

3. There is a still a tournament happening in Syracuse (closer to you guys than Rochester) on the 20th. the saturday before our events. Im looking up the info now and will edit it into this post
edit:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...2424.177626.503307424&type=1&relevant_count=1

4. If you guys record any video of your matches, I would humbly request that you post them on youtube on the page that we have created for the videos of the entire state. http://www.youtube.com/user/UpstateNYFGC?feature=watch
I can provide the log in information to whomever is the content creator/uploader of the group.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
1. The next dustbowl is in October, here is the thread.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...pionships-october-19th-2013-cicero-ny.337933/
Feel free to post there and start building hype, we actually need this one to be really really big, so we need EVERYONE to show up for that one.

2. Rochester is holding a tournament on the last saturday of each month. if thats also the consistent date that youve decided on, let me know now.

3. There is a still a tournament happening in Syracuse (closer to you guys than Rochester) on the 20th. the saturday before our events. Im looking up the info now and will edit it into this post
edit:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...2424.177626.503307424&type=1&relevant_count=1

4. If you guys record any video of your matches, I would humbly request that you post them on youtube on the page that we have created for the videos of the entire state. http://www.youtube.com/user/UpstateNYFGC?feature=watch
I can provide the log in information to whomever is the content creator/uploader of the group.

1. Thanks man!

2. Oh, that's good to know. Nah, we just hold monthlies, and that happened to be the date available to us by the venue.

3. Thanks for the info, I'll check em out as well.

4. I'm writing this before checking out the channel at all, but that sounds cool. Spread the word for us & more content for the channel is a good look. I take care of all video/media/etc so message me about it if you'd like. :D

It's unfortunate that this month + the summer in general are so crowded with tourneys, it's hard not to step on anyone's toes. Thankfully we're a good 5 hours away, so I don't think we'll take much, if any from each other. We certainly want to work with the community (Smash and general FGC) to have the most compatible dates for everyone, players and TOs alike.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Agreed.

The tournaments will probably get better after the summer as well. I dont know about your area, but Rochester is rife with colleges and the gaming events pick up greatly when we get the influx of new students.

Also, I will PM you the info for the youtube channel. Any matches you save of any fighting games, traditional, 3d, anime, smash or otherwise would be great to put there.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Agreed.

The tournaments will probably get better after the summer as well. I dont know about your area, but Rochester is rife with colleges and the gaming events pick up greatly when we get the influx of new students.

Also, I will PM you the info for the youtube channel. Any matches you save of any fighting games, traditional, 3d, anime, smash or otherwise would be great to put there.
Oh yeah? That's pretty sweet. Not many travel-worthy colleges around here, so we usually lose out on entrants or stay about the same once school starts.

Thank you sir, I'll check that PM now.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
EVO was fkngggg siccckkkkkkk

my boy wobbles.
The sickest! 138,000 viewers, the second most watched fighting game of all time!

Wobbles played so godlike, happy for him. Seriously the sickest ICs. & I'm a big Mango fanboy so I'm glad he went hard and won it all. #MangoNation

phish-it

Smash Champion
I would've loved to come to this had I known soon enough to get off for work. I'll try to make the next one.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
I would've loved to come to this had I known soon enough to get off for work. I'll try to make the next one.
Ahh man, I didn't know you lived so close! lol nice comeback at EVO. :)

Hope to see you next month dude! We're looking at August 24th as a possible date so far, no definite arrangements with the venue yet, though.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Next Battle Arena has been announced for August 24th! Definitely want to see better attendance, so let EVERYONE know! :)

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
I'll be there. Would've been at the last one if I'd known about it but that's my own fault really, I should be checking Atlantic North more.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Ahh man, I didn't know you lived so close! lol nice comeback at EVO. :)

Hope to see you next month dude! We're looking at August 24th as a possible date so far, no definite arrangements with the venue yet, though.

Thanks, and yeah this is pretty close, should be able to make this next one. What is the turnout usually like for these?

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Overall attendance, we get anywhere from 30-65.

MvC and SF brackets are usually 15-25 people.

Melee has only been like 6-8 so far, but now more people are finding out about it (Hax was nice enough to post it in the NYC SSBM FB group), attendance is looking up. TWebb is always there when he's not too busy IRL, Swiftbass, Alukard, and DJNintendo have come by before as well.

Top Bottom