• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Horror, Suspense and Thiller Game Discussion(Resident Evil 6, Silent Hill: Downpour!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
These are genres I've really enjoyed in gaming. I'm a person that really enjoys the macabre, darkness and horror. I noticed there isn't a thread for this type of thing. I thought I would make a place for people who felt the same to talk about these games, share ones they've played and maybe introduce new people to them.(also it's better to have the whole genre here instead of separate threads for each game)

I want this thread to basically serve as a place to talk about series like Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Fatal Frame and Dead Rising; there are also single and lesser known titles like Dead Island, Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, Parasite Eve and Dead Space.

Talk about your first experience with horror in gaming or even movies/books(don't stray too far from gaming though). Share your favorite titles. Rant about how awful RE5 is compared to the rest of the series(and how RE2 amazing :ibwc:) or the direction of the Silent Hill series or how

(Fatal Frame IV)

Suda51 should localize this **** already.

Discussion can also be about new and upcoming horror titles such as:

The game may not even have to be strictly horror, they can also be darkly toned like say Majora's Mask(of course people would love how you interpret it as such).

I'm interested in discussing and hearing different interpretations from other likeminded people about about these amazing genres and maybe how they came to love/appreciate/enjoy them.

:rosalina:

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
For a while I thought about making a thread for Resident Evil but just bother because I didn't know if people would have been interested. Since most of my YouTube has Resident Evil in it. I await Revelations.

:phone:

Two-Ell

Smash Master
SH2 is always amazing. Silent Hill 4 is actually my favorite though. Also Melo, I'm kinda with you on that. The series lost its soul when Team Silent was disbanded. Akira Yamaoka isn't even doing the music for the series anymore. I'm not feeling the hype for Downpour.

I mean I'll play it, but I wont expect the same as the first four.

Also I think five is the best non team silent game lol. Origins and Shattered Memories were meh.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
One thing I like was Silent Hill has the scare factor that I really wish they put on Resident Evil. Based on some rumors Resident Evil 6 is suppose to be the most scary out of all of released titles.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Are there talks for its production? I remember reading somewhere they were considering rebooting the series. I mean there's no longer a major antagonist in the series lol.

Luigi SH4 is like the black sheep of the first four. I disliked it when I was playing through it, but towards the end when you learn about Walter it invoked a lot of emotion in me. I never felt bad for Walter until you heard his father saying those disgusting things.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
wait do you mean you think Six will pick up on what happens in Revelations?

If so that's not too much of a surprise lol. All RE can do right now is pre/midquels or reboot.

Also I agree with ya that SH's atmospheric horror is better than RE's visceral horror lol. I have never been so scared of a game than when I was playing SH1 xD.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
It's a hunch. I wouldn't see why it couldn't pick up from Revelations. As of now there is no true antagonist unless by some chance Wesker is alive though there was an old article about the makers saying Wesker is done. (I'll do some research on the side when I have more time.) Otherwise they might pick the antagonist from Revelations. Then again with Resident Evil 4 they made an entirely new enemy since Saddler has no relation with the previous titles.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Please create new threads on these titles, as I feel that they deserve that kind of treatment.

(Yes, I'm aware that we have threads on the Mass Effect, Monster Hunter, Fire Emblem etc. series but titles such as Resident Evil: Revelations should be a stand-alone thread. Creating a "General Silent Hill Discussion" thread is fine.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom