• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hope Will Never Die! - Lucina Thread

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I haven't started WoL. Without giving spoilers, why would playing it make you want to main him?
I believe that with some spirits, you can easily turn Marth into a cheese machine that can kill a lot of spirits with fair or fsmash.
At least that's what I did. Because **** some of these WoL spirits are anti-fun.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
I haven't started WoL. Without giving spoilers, why would playing it make you want to main him?
Because I don't have Sonic or Zero Suit Samus yet in WoL. And I like how he finally spoke English after having to hear Japanese in my English game. Plus Dancing Blade is my favorite special move. And I've played a few Marth vs. Lucina matches in Smash Wii U. In fact, Lucina was my favorite Smash 4 newcomer. And I liked her for her similarities to Marth!

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
Just wonderful. It seems almost every bit of news just makes things worse. Do they really care so little? Even more of a clone than before and less personality than Daisy and Richter.
You gotta stop being so dramatic and relax. The world isn't out to get you. Lucina's balanced blade alone is enough to separate her from Marth and makes her a much more reliable option in many matchups. I don't Richter having any different personality than Simon, and Daisy does because she's just an extravagant character thematically. It's kinda hard to separate an echo of a character like Marth who was already very plain to begin with.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
On a positive note, Lucina's Dash Attack does real damage and knockback now. I'm not sure if the knockback part of it is a buff though; the last one was good for tech chases.

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
I've started to opt for pivot-boosted ftilts for Lucina as opposed to a dash attack. It has just as much on demand range, and comes out way quicker for punishes on a dime. It does have a tiny bit less knockback but to me less startup frames /predictability are worth it.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
I've started to opt for pivot-boosted ftilts for Lucina as opposed to a dash attack. It has just as much on demand range, and comes out way quicker for punishes on a dime. It does have a tiny bit less knockback but to me less startup frames /predictability are worth it.
No doubt DA is useless with either character thanks to the pivot cancel Ftilt. Ftilt is safe on shield (spaced) in this game. Dash Attack – already a bad move and without the reduced end lag that most DAs in this game got – is absolutely useless.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
You gotta stop being so dramatic and relax. The world isn't out to get you. Lucina's balanced blade alone is enough to separate her from Marth and makes her a much more reliable option in many matchups. I don't Richter having any different personality than Simon, and Daisy does because she's just an extravagant character thematically. It's kinda hard to separate an echo of a character like Marth who was already very plain to begin with.
I don't care that much about viability. It'd be nice, but it's not the main thing. Even her own idle stance would have been an improvement. Or new voice lines (Ike got two sets of new ones). But, nope, they went ahead and removed differences.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Okay, so it looks like the Ike victory quote is gone, but the Marth one is still there...why?

Arthur97

Smash Master
Why does Lucina's wiki page keep changing? This latest one seems like a step backwards too. And I mean stuff like formatting, they can't seem to make up their minds on what's what. It's a mess.

Last edited:

DanSB

Smash Rookie
Hello all,
I'm a Pichu main but i find myself struggling with the Pichu vs Lucina matchup. I was wondering if i could play against one of you guys and see where i need to improve

Fore the record my Pichu GSP is around ~3.3 - ~3.5, so why i do like playing against people better than me, i also don't want to be in a lobby where i get stomped and learn nothing.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Why is this thread so dead compared to Marth's when she's usually considered better?

MercuryPenny

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MemorialDime
the marth thread is used to discuss both characters since most of the discussion here is comparing the two characters

also this thread has the lowest priority of the stickies, so it has lower visibility than the marth thread

Kirijo Nyte

Smash Rookie
probably because Lucian is a settled matter

she's a qt3.14 and most people feel she's better

Though I was always fascinated by the popular prevailing views on whether the consistency or tipper was better from smash 4 to here

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey Lucina mains. The Nintendo Game of the week thread is talking about Fire Emblem Awakening. Since its her debut game, I thought you guys might be interested in joining us.
Here's the link.

Top Bottom