• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

/HOPE 3 Results! July 2nd, Pittsburgh, PA

M

MysteryTigerTeen

Damn i smell salt dude, if you want a real match when i'm not tired up for a money match? 5 dollars, lets go ;D

btw i think my john was believable since if i wasn't tired, i wouldn't have slept for two hours afterwards. But nah... it was all an act ;3

Thanks for the compliment, your falco was decent as well. I gotta learn how to punish that spot dodge habit of yours.

Valerie

Smash Rookie
Damn i smell salt dude, if you want a real match when i'm not tired up for a money match? 5 dollars, lets go ;D

btw i think my john was believable since if i wasn't tired, i wouldn't have slept for two hours afterwards. But nah... it was all an act ;3

Thanks for the compliment, your falco was decent as well. I gotta learn how to punish that spot dodge habit of yours.
I don't even spotdodge alot lool I shield alot actually and smell salt im not salty at all. n n.. Sure next time we will 5 dollar money match sleeper.. lawl

Valerie

Smash Rookie
Go easy on me k? I don't want to get 3 stocked by your marth/mk. Oh and stay cute. ;I

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
1: Blue Rogue ($170.00) - Good stuff winning, played you in doubles very good games.
2: Lain ($85.00) - Hate youuuuu, ggs. I wanted to beat your mk at least once so you would bring out the ICs, but its whateva.
3: Seagull ($51.00) - Good job getting top 3, wolf such a random matchup. Stop being a whiny ***** in car rides though lol.
4: Argent($34.00) - Never played you, but you were pretty good in doubles. I bet I could have beaten you had I beat lain since I have lucario exp and I also main pika.
5: Luckay - Good work top 5, next milestone is playing in the money.
7: TKCK - Glad I didn't have to play you, I hate how good you are at the Pit matchup.
7: M@v - If metaknight can't help you no one can! I didn't even see you go fox this tournament lol. So funny to see people run to that character. Good MM and pools match though. "Should I go for it guys?!?! AHHHHHH!!!!!" *****. Metaknight going for timeouts lol.
9: Berserker - After you 2 stocked me I decided I'm never going to approach this guy, Ike jabs too good.
9: HungryBox - "Attention everyone, Pit is the ***est character in brawl" lol, don't be salty. No bull though, you're good for a melee player and a funny guy. Nice meeting you. Good **** winning melee.
9: Valerie - Them hard reads, good job beating Tiger. Sleep johns or not I thought you woulda got wrecked, but you dished it out somehow, too bad I didn't see it.
13: King Beef(forfeit) - Didn't know you had to forfeit your match, that sucks. Nice meeting you and teaming with you. First time teaming with someone good from oos and made money makes me feel great.
13: SuperSayianRenan - Don't get down about your placing, you're very good you just have so much to learn with your character. Peach so technical.
13: Tiger - Knew you would win doubles from the beginning, no surprise there.
17: Hot Arms - Your marth is soooo good, I thought I had it easy after I beat your mario who I thought was your main lol.
17: Fosho - Nice meeting ya, good money match too. I'm framing your dollar on my wall.
17: Gio - Funny guy, ggs in dubs. That double mk rainbow cruuuuuuise eh? :troll:
17: Jmo - Don't know you, but you use metaknight so meh.
17: Jarvitz - Nice meeting you, good zss I was actually scared when you took a game off me.
17: Kazi - This guy giving up his pools matches because he wants an upset on lain, lol no way man.
17: Sleek Media - Mariooooooo
25: D.I.Joe - Ggs, yo. Nice guy.
25: Tedium - Thanks for the housing though I don't really like smoke. It's all good either way, nice meeting/brawling with ya.
25: King - Nice meeting another pika, I got the fleedle deedle once!!
25: Crews - Geegeees, you're good dude, very chill.
And high lol
25: Ninja - We didn't talk, but your outfit was cute.
33: Hari - Yay, another Pit main!!!! We're a rare and delicate species lol. Nice meeting ya, and cool ness outfit but that pikachu is my favorite lol.

Special shoutout to Mint, the girl in the pika costume. It was so amazin, thanks for letting me take a picture.

Super special shoutout to M@V ~ great tournament. You ran it very well, I liked having pools for once where it wasn't a national. The venue was 10x better than last week at cot5, there were a good amount of set ups, decent turnout, no drama happened, some hype (moreso for melee) and FREE INFINITE SODAAAAAAA. Statistically it was the best balance of traits a tournament should have that I've been too.

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
Awesome tourny.... Worth the time to drive there! I'll gladly come again for Hope4 and m@v good job man. This tourny was awesome, timed and ran very very well! Impressive how you ran both melee and brawl... Keep it up man. Also amazing venue (that being an under statement) :p

Favorite line at the tourny "Attention everyone, Pit is the ***est character in brawl". Hungrybox is my hero lmao! And your D3 is gay :p

Favorite moments was beating blue rogue in pools! Good job ****** the tourny tho blue :p. Also playing beserker... Omg I got a bonner from that Ike! Lol
:phone:

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... Shoutouts...

4: Argent - I remember now! You're from NEOH! =O Nice to meet ya.
5: Luckay - You are my hero, man. I love those arrow mindgames of yours. GGs, and thanks for the advice! :bee:
5: Vanz - "Ha, it's my turnip now! How does that make you feel??"
7: M@v - Very well-hosted. Couldn't have picked a better first tournament. *waits for Hope4*
13: King Beef - You had to forfeit!? Sadface!!! :c It was still awesome talking to ya...
13: Tiger - :3 Yay, a girl that plays Brawl. But...your Marth induces fear into my soul. (Okay, Pit, you like the ledge. Well, Marth is going to follow you, knock you down and stab you in the stomach! D: )
17: Incom - Thanks for the tip! I'd have never thought of that. I really liked playing your Sonic.
25: D.I.Joe - Best. Name. Ever. That is all.
25: Tedium - Hmm... A character with a spammy projectile and a reflector vs. a character with a spammy projectile and TWO reflectors? Absolutely spamtastic matchup! Thanks bro! :awesome:
25: Ninja - ...We did equally well in tourneys, and I got a better seed, but... You outrank me. .__. Oh well. (Next year we should play doubles as Team Honeybadger!)
33: Hari - Dangit Hari, stop using bair so much. It's much better fresh. :glare:

Mozz

Smash Apprentice
K, some shoutouts, apologies if I don't mention you.

1. Blue Rogue- Congrats for winning the thing, the ending to the grandfinals game 1 was a thing of beauty, I thought for sure when lain got the grab on you at 125% that the game was over.

2. Lain- Great job taking second and demolishing me and my brother in pools, (in addition to my brother in the tournament itself). Against people who don't know exactly what to do, your ICs are the scariest thing out there. I'd rather verse Ally/M2K than your ICs, I'd at least feel like I'm involved in the game.

3. Seagull- Great job taking 3rd in the whole thing despite you being tired. I still can't believe I took a game 2 off of you in our tourney set, but you decided to show up for game 3 and show how much a wolf can do. Nice job in doubles as well against us and presumably everyone else too.

4. Argent- Thanks for the friendlies at the end, I've never felt so punishable when using Ike's up B than I did when versing your Lucario, incredible spacing

5. Vanz- I thought the upset of the tournament was possibly coming when you versed Blue Rogue with your Jiggs. You should probably play Brawl more.

7- TKCK- nice talking to you, good job in the tourney.

7. M@v- great job running the tournament, (despite putting me in a poll with my brother, lain, and beserker and trying to put my first round match against my brother). It's a tough job and you handled it well.

9 Beserker- Despite not placing as well as you did at hope 1, you've improved so much since then. You are the best Ike I've ever had the pleasure of versing in a tournament. I know I should probably spot dodge and roll less like you told me and appreciate the advice. I just am not sure if I'll be able to be successful changing my style.

13. Tiger- nice job in doubles against me, I thought we had that second match but you and seagull pulled that one out, great finish to your match against Sleek as well. Would've loved to have had some friendlies, but unfortunately you left too soon.

13. Space Thing- great games in doubles, you got me scared, I'll need to play you in singles some time.

17. Fosho- Nice seeing you again, I shoulda friendlied you but for some reason didn't think of it. Hopefully next time we get to play next time, or maybe sooner if you PM me.

17. JMo- Hope 2, you win every bracket match except against Lain and Beserker. Hope 3, you win every bracket match except against Lain and Beserker. Hopefully in Hope 4 you don't run into Lain or Beserker in brackets:) Nice job otherwise bro, and great job demolishing my Ike with your Meta in polls.

17. Jarvitz- great job in doubles, you've improved a lot since last time, I was actually getting scared of losing, tip though: don't bring out a pocket character unless he's a hard counter, or your main gets hard countered.

17. Sleek- Good job in teams with me, we were THIS close I felt to winning every match we lost, (excepting the first one where we forgot to use our tags). You coulda been nicer and not done the big gay dance when I had the lead on you in the match you knocked me out, but hey, you got those last kills when they counted.

25. DIJoe- Thanks for the ride up and back, I find it a little weird though that we didn't play a single match against each other at the tournament. Maybe it will be better for both of us if we play some friendlies against each other before the next tourney.

25. Crews- good job in polls, and good games, would love to play against you more some time.

25. Carroll- good match in the first round, you had me until the fateful edgeguard. I won't forget your explanation to your melee buddies of me throwing you into the PS1 wall repeatedly, "it's like he's waveshining me!"

25. Mozz- pro tip- Don't blow a 2 stock 0% to 1 stock 0% lead in losers bracket or it could help lead to your elimination. Do better next time. Console yourself with the fact you've yet to be winless in brackets at a paying tournament.

clowsui

Smash Legend
good stuff @ argent getting 4th in singles...i guess you're not as bad as i keep thinking you are (tho your consistent improvement should tell me otherwise)

blue beating lain twice lawl. lain i thought ohio was free ;)

kb wat happen

joegullman how did you do vs blue

M@v

Subarashii!
@ Luckay: I used fox in 2 sets in bracket: Space thing and blue rogue. And I didn't need mk to win that mm =P

Melee results Up!

Shoutouts tomorrow.

Brookman

Smash Hero
collapse tags are way too good.

BRAWL

Doubles 14 teams
1: Sleek Media's getting top 3 (Tiger and Seagull) ($168.00)
2: You should of teamed with me, and you did (Blue Rogue and Argent Stew) ($84.00)
3: kb and luckay (King beef and Luckay) ($28.00)
4: *****s (What's the point and CondemnedSoul)
5: Night Skirts (King~ and SSR)
5: booty warriors (Lain and Gio)
7: Man Team (Mozz and Golden Joe)
7: **** (Redd and Vanz)
9: Pittsburgh Locals
9: Col kids don't get Mav (Colaya and Mav)
9: Team Bacon
9: Stitches
13: Tie dye police Roxanne
13: Team bro

Singles 34 entrants

1: Blue Rogue ($170.00):wario:
2: Lain ($85.00):metaknight::popo:
3: Seagull ($51.00):wolf::metaknight:
4: Argent($34.00):lucario::pikachu2:
5: Luckay:pit::pikachu2:
5: Vanz:peach::jigglypuff:
7: TKCK:metaknight:
7: M@v:metaknight::falco::fox:
9: WTP:falco::metaknight:
9: Berserker:ike:
9: HungryBox:dedede:
9: Valerie:falco:
13: King Beef(forfeit):peach:
13: SSR:peach:
13: Space Thing:lucario:
13: Tiger:metaknight:
17: Hot Arms
17: Fosho:mario2:
17: Gio
17: Jmo
17: Jarvitz:zerosuitsamus::lucas:
17: Kazi:falco::metaknight:
17: Incom
17: Sleek Media:mario2:
25: D.I.Joe
25: Tedium
25: AndMan:olimar:
25: King
25: Crews
25: Carroll
25: Ninja
25: Mozz:ike:
33: Hari
33: Tanker

There were seeding pools before the tourney where no one was eliminated. However, some people placed differently than expected, and that threw the bracket out of whack.
(ex. seagull and king beef in r3 winners due to kb's 3rd seed, Blue rogue vs M@v 2nd round winners and blue rogue vs lain round 3 winners due to blue rogue's 4th seed).
Bracket:

Melee

These will be up as soon as the guys with the other laptop send me the melee tio file or copy the results in the thread.

Doubles 14 teams
1: Pandora's Hbox ($168.00)
2: Red + Winston ($84.00)
3: Flip Mode ($28.00)
4: Swan Lake
5: Warlock Don
5: LAIN SHALL SMOKE YOUR SOULLLLL
7: Endonesia
7: Baby Jacob
9: CANTON!!
9: Fleet Foxes
9: Nick Carroll's Beard
9: CABC + ZigZag
13: The Gimp You Force
13: We Fight For Demacia!

Singles 39 entrants
1: Hungrybox
2: Vudujin
3: Redd
4: Duck
5: Vanz
5: Winston
7: DoH
7: JuggleGuy
9: Nakamaru
9: Taki
9: Silent Swag
9: Lain
13: CaveDweller
13: Syick
13: Flip
13: TheLake
17: Sol
17: LON
17: Pillbox
17: Mike
17: Slarty
17: Dempt
17: Carrol
17: KrazyKrox

Bracket:

Melee Pools
1: Vanz
1: Lain
1: Syick
1: Vudujin
1: Winston
1: Redd
1: DoH
1: Hungrybox
9: Sol
9: TheLake
9: Mike
9: JuggleGuy
9: Nakamaru
9: Taki
9: KrazyKrox
9: Duck
17: Dempt
17: Slarty
17: Silent Swag
17: CaveDweller
17: Flip
17: Carrol
25: Chad
25: BlueRogue
25: TheCrimsonBlur
25: Thanos
25: DoctorSteimbock
25: R0H
25: ZigZag
25: HIV+
33: Avro
33: Buford
33: Juice
33: HonusSwagner
33: Raj
33: Shuffla
33: Mint

M@v

Subarashii!
It's funny I have Mk next to my name cause I only won one game with him lmao.

And Luckay won no matches with Pikachu so he shouldn't be next to his name.
Did you win the set you used mk in? Because I only won 1 set I used fox in. Still gotta show the character.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Did you win the set you used mk in? Because I only won 1 set I used fox in. Still gotta show the character.
I won one round. Mk should be next to my name. I didn't win the set, but winning one round counts.
good stuff @ argent getting 4th in singles...i guess you're not as bad as i keep thinking you are (tho your consistent improvement should tell me otherwise)

blue beating lain twice lawl. lain i thought ohio was free ;)

kb wat happen

joegullman how did you do vs blue
I did aight.

Fun tourney overall guys.

I was SOOOOO TIRED for this cause of sleeplessness the night before. I don't wanna john though. I tried my best and lost to Lain and Blue Rogue:bee:.

Shoutouts:
1: Blue Rogue ($170.00)- Good games dude. Nice :warioc:.
2: Lain ($85.00)- Good games Lainnnnnnn. I wanna rematch vs both your characters though.
3: Seagull ($51.00)- Nice job :wolf:
4: Argent($34.00)- Nice :lucario: Argent. Had me scared on round 2.
5: Luckay- Dat Pit.
5: Vanz- :jigglypuff::jigglypuff::jigglypuff::jigglypuff:/:jigglypuff::jigglypuff:/:jigglypuff::jigglypuff::jigglypuff::jigglypuff:/:jigglypuff::jigglypuff:
7: TKCK- Nice job beating Caitie this time.
7: M@v- Thanks for TO'ing M@v. Nice venue. Would come to Hope 4!
9: WTP- Nice meeting you.
9: Berserker- Cool :ike: bro.
9: HungryBox- :pit::pit::pit::pit::pit::pit::pit:/:pit::pit::pit::pit:/:pit::pit::pit::pit::pit::pit::pit:
9: Valerie- Nice meeting you. You have cool *** eyes.
13: King Beef(forfeit)- Nice playing you buddy.
13: SSR- Thanks for driving Renan. Sorry for being sucha *****.
13: Tiger- We did good in teams baby.
17: Fosho- Nice :mario2: dude. Sorry we didn't get to play :wolf: vs :mario2:. Next time I gotchu though!
17: Gio- Yo, you're hilarious. Every time I talked to you was funny. And those glasses were sexy as hell.
17: Jarvitz- GGs dude. Your :zerosuitsamus: is legit. Keep practicing though.
17: Sleek Media- Nice seeing you again.
25: Tedium- Thanks for the housing Eric.
25: AndMan- Good games in pools dude.
25: King- Nice talking with you.
25: Crews- Nice meeting you.
25: Mozz- Good games. Nice :ike:.

Redd- Nice talking with you broski.

Buford

Smash Apprentice
My pool:

Lain- Your fox was ridiculous, GGs man,

The Lake- Always a pleasure and an honor, ****ing wonderful bowser kirby match, only in pittsburgh. Thanks for the hype too, kept me going through the lain set and the BR set <3

Dempt- Nice marth, ggs, thanks for the friendlies. Glad I got to play you this time around, after watching you at carroll fest

Blue Rogue- Inventor of ness, holy **** youre good dude. GGs.

Others:

Hbox, grats on melee victory, I wish I coulda got a mm or somethin, maybe next time.

Vudu- grats on second in melee, best luigi in the world EVAR.

Carroll- always good to see you, we need to get more matches in.

Tedium- nice friendlies, we will def do more.

M@v

Subarashii!
Seagull, it only counts if the character helps you advance in the bracket, which he didn't. So he shouldn't be.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
That's how it works? I didn't know you had to win a set with the character if you won at least one round. Interesting.

M@v

Subarashii!
You don't have to win the whole set with him, but say I won a set, 1 game I won was with fox, 1 was with falco. That's fine.

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
Does that mean you get no character next to your name if you didn't win anything? D: (I DID win a round with Pit, and a 2-0 in pools...)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Very fun tourney, thanks a ton M@v for hosting and Carroll/SilentSwag for housing me and the rest of Michigan. It was great to play PA and MD/VA, we almost never get to do that. Pittsburgh is a perfect middle location for Midwest vs EC tourneys, I'm so down to attend a future /HOPE event.

I can help with a lot of Melee characters:

1: Hungrybox:jigglypuff:
2: Vudujin:luigi2:
3: Redd :fox: :sheik:
4: Duck :samus2:
5: Vanz :peach: :sheik:
5: Winston :fox: :marth:
7: DoH :peach:
7: JuggleGuy :falcon:
9: Nakamaru :falcon:
9: Taki :fox:
9: Silent Swag :falco:
9: Lain :marth:
13: CaveDweller
13: Syick
13: Flip :sheik: :fox:
13: TheLake :zelda: :sheik:
17: Sol *should be Soul... used :mario2:
17: Mike
17: Slarty :peach:
17: Dempt :marth: :falco:
17: Carroll :marth: :falcon:
17: KrazyKrox :fox:

So... where on earth are all the Melee people in this thread? Not a single list of shoutouts in sight, lol. I'll edit mine in later.

•Col•

Smash Champion
So yeah, like I was telling people at the tournament, I decided not to enter Brawl Singles because I felt like I wasn't going to play as well as I could. I just wasn't feelin' it... But anyway, some shoutouts....

Blue Rogue - I love watching your Wario simply because of all your arbitrary motorcycle stunts. Dem stylin' points.

Seagull - Really nice Wolf... You're a cool dude. Wish I could've played you in some singles friendlies.

TKCK - DOKOPON! I hate your Darkling skills.

M@v - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM0EarraMGA&t=0m9s

Berserker - Glad we could hang out again. I'll keep trying to work on rectifying my "ghost status"... <.<

Space Thing - Good job. Wish I could've watched your matches with M@v, but I was busy keeping the bracket moving along. :(

Tiger - I hate Marth dittos. I should probably work on the matchup anyway though, huh? D:

Sleek Media - You're really a fun guy. Thanks for the free-for-all matches.

Crews - Fun friendlies.

Mozz - Your Ike has gotten quite a bit better since I last saw it. Just gotta work on those aerials a bit more so you don't get punished after them as much.

Col - Thank you so much for those like 20 friendlies before brackets, I really needed them and wouldn't have beaten Crews without them. I was playing horrible before, then in brackets I had to play Lucky first round. W/e it is what it is. Thanks anyway.
Glad I could help. If you're open to some advice... Be more patient when you're going for a kill and be careful when your using punishable smash attacks. I think you may have formed these bad habits from playing Wifi so much...

Also, a quick shoutout to TheLake. You're the funniest smasher I've ever seen. You can make any match a hype match.

All in all a fun tourney. And was it just me, or did this Smash tournament have the highest ratio of girls to guys ever? lol

And_Man

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts:

Fosho: Nice talking with you again, gg's
SSR: Thanks for the pointers, I'll be sure to keep all of that in mind
Carroll: It was cool teaming with you. If you ever need a partner again, lemme know, and we'll get 1st place for sure.

Pools: lol gg's, even though I pretty much got destroyed by most of you

M@v: gg's, I gotta watch out for that bair. Awesome tournament
Gio: gg's, much better matches than in pools

Also, if anyone ever wants to meet up and play, lemme know. I need to practice more outside of tourneys (I think between /Hope 3 and Smashfest 2, I played Brawl once, with a noncompetitive friend), and I don't get Wifi in my dorm. I'd be willing to drive a reasonable distance to play with people, so shoot me a PM or something if anyone wants to.

jarvitz

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Col, I probably have. I'll attempt to work on those. (I never use Fsmash unless i mess up an input, and usmash is usually a mix up when they expect up B, but I know what you mean.) I assume you also mean don't follow them offstage with zss.

Top Bottom