• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official *hop* "Save your game?" - Lucas Results Thread

MrWhYYZ

Smash Journeyman
13th out of 111 / Avalon U-7 / Feb 4, 2017 / Zoetermeer, The Netherlands
(2v2) 17 out of 43 / Avalon U-7 / Feb 4, 2017 / Zoetermeer The Netherlands.

Lost to S1 and a cloud main that got 7th in singles ad I did SDCity again in doubles. It seems that I also do SDCity at Avalon for some weird reason. >.<

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
If you'd like to do that you'd be a god. Just copy all of the text from results onward, change it as you need and I'll dump it back in replacing the old stuff. You're a hero!

MrWhYYZ

Smash Journeyman
65th out of 303 / B.E.A.S.T 7 / Feb 17,18,19, 2017 / Göteburg, Sweden
(2v2) 13th out of 93 / B.E.A.S.T 7 / Feb 17,18,19, 2017 / Göteburg, Sweden

Last edited:

MrWhYYZ

Smash Journeyman
:(
(I fixed it)

Got more results!

2nd out of 29 / Counterpick 31 / Feb 24, 2017 / Utrecht, The Netherlands

I had to beat S1's secondaries and finally won a game and a match against Joe. Did lose twice to Badr's bayo. Badr pretty much destroyed me, so getting 2nd is 100% fine for me.

9th out of 77/GGWP 0.9 / Feb 25, 2017/ Almere, The Netherlands

There were not a lot of people at this national but all the PR ranked players except #9 and #12 attended.
I lost to S1 an QuiK who is the number 2 PR in germany. I couldn't get any higher this time and I'm fine with that.

(2v2) 9th out of 28 / GGWP 0.9 / Feb 25, 2017/ Almere, The Netherlands

Not happy with this result. I don't want to john, so i'm not going too but next time will be different.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I updated moooost of everything that's been put in here.

I also included a bunch of my own more recent results that I didn't chuck into the thread. I have another one that I don't really want to include but probably should; you'll see it on the next batch of results.

Pauleke

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pauleke
Here are my results this semester. I don't know if you want to include all of them or any of them really. Some of them are pretty sad >.<

13th out of 23 / VT 1/25 / January 25th, 2017 / Blacksburg, VA
9th out of 20 / ESL 1/28 / January 28th, 2017 / Blacksburg, VA
9th out of 16 / VT 2/1 / Feburary 1st, 2017 / Blacksburg, VA
13th out of 29 / Monthly Mayhem Round 6 / February 4th, 2017 / Roanoke, VA (Used some :4ness: )
9th out of 17 / Game Night Resurrection / February 6th, 2017 / Roanoke, VA
5th out of 13 / Schooner's 2/13 / February 13th, 2017 / Roanoke, VA
1st out of 10 / E-Sports Lounge 2/19 / February 19th, 2017 / Blacksburg, VA
5th out of 16 / Schooner's 2/20 / February 20th, 2017 / Roanoke, VA
5th out of 14 / VT 2/22 / February 22nd, 2017 / Blacksburg, VA
19th out of 56 / ETSU-Con / February 25th, 2017 / Johnson City, TN
5th out of 19 / Schooner's 2/27 / February 27th, 2017 / Roanoke, VA (Used some :4ness: )

I have two more tournaments this week, hopefully will have something good in one of them.

Last edited:

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224

frozentreasure

Smash Apprentice
NNID
frozentreasure
25th of 101 / Expand Gong 2 / March 31st - April 2nd / Wollongong, Australia

My first major. I did a lot better than was expected of me, I think.

In pools I was beaten 2-0 by Killy's Sonic and Yehya's Metaknight, though the games against Yehya went much closer than Killy. BJschoey was third seed, and after trouncing his Fox he switched to DK, who I still didn't have enough experience with, and so I ate a lot of aerials and lost 2-1. The fourth seed was Heathcliff, whose Ganon I was feeling pretty fine against. I dropped a game to him, which worried me after remembering that we were using a points system instead of straight set counts, but since the rest of my pool were all seeded below me, I figured that should have been all I'd need to get through. The rest of the pool were another Lucas, a Villager, a Charizard, and a Greninja, all 2-0 victories. Some weird stuff happened at the top of the pool that made it much closer than I'd have liked, but I still got through fourth, by a single point.

Winners round one was against Joe, playing Zero Suit Samus. I got pretty solidly run around on Smashville for game two, but I still won the set 2-1. Some time after that I found out he's fifth on the NSW PR, which would partially explain his anger at losing, and also continues my current tradition of beating interstate PR players when I travel without realising.

Winners round two I had to fight a seeded player with a bye, who happened to be Waveguider, also from ACT, yet somehow not the worst seeding decision I encountered in the bracket. Naturally I lost 2-0, though I thought I would be able to go closer than I did. I think I'm getting close to finding a way to start holding solid ground against his Greninja, though.

Losers round one I had to fight Speedy Geblin, playing Falcon. I was seeded to play him at Final Fight 4 last year, I think, but that match never happened due to me getting DQ'd from winners side. Luco doesn't like Falcon, so I guess I haven't played a good enough Falcon to really feel the fear. I won 2-0, even with him being coached by Luke Atyeo, the guy who more or less trained me for my first year playing the game, which made me initially nervous.

Losers round two put me up against Yehya. Again. And if I'd won against him I would have had to fight Killy. Again. It seems like some last-minute changes occurred with the bracket seeding that really should have been thought out better, but I digress. I did much, much better against Yehya, taking the first game pretty convincingly and getting close on game two. Unfortunately I started getting tricked by multiple midair jumps and couldn't make myself not try to pivot grab, which got me dash attacked and ladder combo'd over and over. I lost 2-1, but reflecting on it makes me feel a lot better about the matchup than I did before.

All in all it was a very fun and exciting weekend. I made a lot of people upset about up smash, apparently, and also gained some slight notoriety as a god of button mashing, I guess. Played a lot of games, reinforced my confidence about fighting Fox, kicked some of the bad habits that I was starting to let slip back in, and gave myself a good list of things to do in the immediate future. Pushing it further and further to the prestigious title of second-best Lucas in Australia, which will be a nice place to hang my hat, I think.

Last edited:

Berni_Alt

Smash Apprentice
(1v1) 7th out of 22 / Smash South 1 / 26 March 2017 / Heerlen, The Netherlands.
(2v2) 1st out of 5 / Smash South 1 / 26 March 2017 / Heerlen, The Netherlands.

Not that many people came because Dutch Comic Con was held the same day, but it was pretty fun.
In doubles we finally won against the team we normally lose against, even though we lost winners finals, and had to reset the bracket in grand finals.

In singles my first loss in winners bracket i had to go up against Eddy from Germany, a greninja main.
Although it was my first time playing this MU, it actually didn't feel as bad for lucas like some people said it is.
First round i almost beat this guy, and SD'd because i'm stupid and didn't notice i had no jump.
After that round I became a bit too predictable, i even noticed it while i was playing but i didn't do anything about it, guess i have to work on that.

In losers bracket I again lost against Guven the ROB main, I actually seem to have a ROB problem, since i can't beat this guy but i can beat players that are better than him.
There aren't enough good ROB players to learn this MU, i tried learning it online, but couldn't find any good ROB mains.
And i never played the other ROB in my country.
If i had beaten this guy i definetly could've gotten third since i know i can beat the guys after him, but oh well maybe next time.
I at least got my tournament money back from winning doubles so i'm happy.

MrWhYYZ

Smash Journeyman
7th out of 19/ Counterpick 33/ 24 March 2017/ Utrecht, The Netherlands.

Had a case of nasty food poisoning which kinda made it mpossible to play the game decently. :(

(2v2) 5th out of 12/ Dutch Comic Con/ 26 March 2017/ Utrecht, The Netherlands

Pauleke

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pauleke
Some notable results for me in my region since my last update:

3rd out of 18 / VT 3/22 / March 22nd, 2017 / Blacksburg, VA
5th ouf ot 17 / Schooner's 3/27 / March 27th, 2017, Roanoke, VA
5th out of 22 / VT 4/5 / April 5th, 2017 / Blacksburg, VA
4th out of 48 / Liberty University 4/8 / April 8th, 2017 / Lynchburg, VA

MrWhYYZ

Smash Journeyman
9th out of 85/ GGWP 10/ 15 April 2017/ Almere, The Netherlands.
I underestimated my opponent in winners round 3 and didn't prepare as much as I should have prepared. He eventually got 3rd place after an rampage defeating S1, Partick and Supahsemmie back to back.
I had a very long loser run after being put in losers that early and eventually lost to our Rosa main. I didn't adept enough and lost, which was my own fault.
4th time that I've got 9th now. I really want to get top 8 next time. >.<
(2v2) 9th out of 31/ GGWP 10/ 15 April 2017/ Almere, The Netherlands.

Luco Luco Want me to update the Google doc again?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Nah at this point it'll be easier to update it manually. I'll do it by the end of the week (I know my word's been pretty weak but Imma take steps to improve this). <3

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Updated everything :grin:

I've put a lot of my own results into my section without posting them here, but I'd say the notable ones are GvP Invitational and Expand Gong 2, the former of which was purely a tournament dedicated to gathering Australia's top players and pitting them against each other, and the latter was just a regular major. EG2 I lost to Boozer :4bowser: and Sriks :4shulk: , and with the latter I'm dedicating myself to learning that MU inside and out. Let's see how it goes. :>

Last edited:

saltymeme2

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2767-1304-8425
Listen, I've mained lucas since he came out and am I the only person who thinks he's Top 25?

MrWhYYZ

Smash Journeyman
OoC yet again this time Albion

65rd out of 305 / Albion2 / 1 July- 2 July 2017 / London, UK
(2v2) 33th out of 80 / Albion2 / 1 July- 2 July 2017 /London, UK
25th out of 92/ DAT Monday Meltdown, Albion Edition / London, UK

Overall I've had a lot of fun and it could have gotten a lot better but whatever, next mayor will be Syndicate.

Berni_Alt

Smash Apprentice
65th out of 144 / Elysium / 15 July 2017 / Tilburg, The Netherlands.

https://smash.gg/tournament/elysium/events/wii-u-singles/brackets/115490/385716

not really a good result, but i was able to get an upset.
I defeated L-T a Megaman main No3 in Belgium, although Belgium isn't the strongest region, i'm still happy that i was able to beat this guy.

My first loss was against Prodigy this german Sheik main, i didn't do bad against him, i think i could even beat him if i did some things different, but oh well maybe next time.

Second loss was against Naph, this random Toon Link main, i didn't know what to expect, i never heard of him, but he was pretty decent.
The tournament was pretty good, i was able to meet Magnetgoat again, and saw MB for first time too, had some good games out of it.
The rest of it was fun and i would go again if there is ever an Elysium 2.

Berni_Alt

Smash Apprentice
(1v1) 17th out of 46 / Smash South 3 / 9 September 2017 / Heerlen, The Netherlands
http://challonge.com/xaskzfv0

(2v2) 4th out of 17 / Smash South 3 / 9 September 2017 / Heerlen, The Netherlands
http://challonge.com/gicdhr0g

So first let's start with one problem at this tourney, there was one random guy changing controls of tags instead of making his own.
So with Teams we did pretty well, our first loss was against Nibodax (Bayonetta) / Xetroz (Mario).
our first game we went lucas/lucario wich went pretty bad, so my teammate switched to pikachu instead.
the second game was really close but we lost because my teammate couldn't get the kill confirm we needed since someone changed his tag, he remade the controls, but he forgot one thing, and if that person didn't change his tag we wouldn't have lost that game.
But we will never know if we could've won the last game.

Our second loss was against Gijsbeer (Samus)/ Guven (ROB)
our first game was pretty close wich ended with me 1vs2 against them both, i was able to kill one of them but eventually lost in a last hit scenario.
Second game was pretty bad, wich we fairly lost.

Singles
Singles could've gone better but oh well.
So my first loss was against Tatuman (Rosalina)
I did really good against him, my first game i lost pretty badly he got me at 40% pkthunder gravitational pulled.
But my second game I got my cool back and won the game over him.
The last game was definetly psychological, it felt like who loses the first stock would lose the game.
the first stock was really close, we were both at 117% and he took it from me, and from there it went downhill.
But i'm pretty happy that i took a game of me considering no one else at this event did this besides me and Nidorax.

My second loss was against Sticker (Marth)
This guy was perfectly spacing against me, it was really hard to get off the ledge and get him off of me, without getting hit.
It felt like he knew the MU pretty well, and with the good spacing he did, Marth was perfect.
Both games went almost the same so nothing really to say about it.

as last thing, Teams was really fun, definitely since we didn't come across a single cloud, wich made it really good.
also for teams i got into 3 1vs2 situations, where i won 2 of them so i'm pretty happy with how i performed.
Teams was very exciting since all games were pretty close and very tense.
Only bad thing about the event was the guy switching peoples controlls, and the very few setups.

Top Bottom