• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hookshot Frenzy: A visual guide on the ways of Young Link's Hookshot by SmashMac

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Hello all, $Mac here. Ok so I finally made another video, except this time this one is in conjuntion with my Young Link Hookshot guide. Now, since the things in that guide might've been a bit confusing with being so broken down to the point as to include frames, hitboxes, and things of that sort, you can finally see exactly what I was talking about. Now, you can see for yourself just how broken Young Link's Hookshot is, and the various possibilities that come along with this new knowledge of trix/glitches and madness of Young Link's Hookshot:

The guide in conjunction to this video is found here:
Hookshot Frenzy: A guide on Young Link's Hookshot by SmashMac ($Mac)

Helpers:
KeepSpeedN - Helper 1
DaShizWiz - Helper 2

Video information:
Extension - .wmv
Duration - 9:10 minutes

Links to the video:

NOTE: The "Hookshot Madness" part demonstrates glitches that will ONLY WORK IN VERSION 1.0 OR 1.1 OF THE GAME!!

Thanks to pyrotek7x7 for help hosting my video on YouTube and Google when I didn't have the time.

Video for filesfront:
Hookshot Frenzy: A visual guide on the ways of Young Link's Hookshot
P.S. - Good quality download that you can keep for yourself!

Video for YouTube:
P.S. - Pretty good quality and you get to watch it fast but you don't get to keep it.

Video for Google:
P.S. - Decent quality and you get to watch it fast but you don't get to keep it.

Note: More hosts for the link are coming soon!

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
I edited the information on the YouTube and Google videos. :) Thanks for giving me credit.

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
I dnt play young link at all, in fact I might have only been him like twice....in my life...but that was still crazy interesting....nice job guys, glad to see people are interested in helping others out.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Very nice tricks in the video. I may pick up young link :chuckle:. I like these glitches.

Time to abuse :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:.

Edit: Those tricks are tuff :urg:.

Good stuff SmashMac :).

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
You should've put in the double air dodge 'rang recovery trick. Chu's the only I've ever seen do it, so msg him if you need help or something. Good vid, though...

Metal_Doc

Smash Journeyman
**** SmashMac, awesome vid. That recovery under battlefield was insane, good ****. It sucks that I dont have 1.0 or 1.1 though casue I'm dying to try the glitches out.

Edit: Can't give you +rep yet cause I've got too spread some rep around. :)

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I recommend re-rendering the video with WHITE text instead of RED. It compresses really bad and is impossible to read on youtube/google video. But otherwise a very good video!

mkmelee

Smash Lord
Yeah, many things were very difficult to see or read, but very nice tricks. I don't have v. 1.0 or 1.1 myself but these things look pretty cool.

Dr.Sak3

Smash Rookie
Hey
wow that was an awesome video, I am learning how to play Young Link and came across this and this is awesome. May I ask what song is that on the youtube cut of this does the video start out with.

Top Bottom