• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Holy Smash: Leviticus *12/18/10* ~There Will Be A Lock In~ #Bring Setups# CFL

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Deatils For the Over Night Smash Fest Lock IN
There will be a lock in over night at the venue Start arriving at 8:00 PM or later. Anyone that needs housing to attend this event or would just like to play an @$$ load of Friendly's are more then welcome to come. For anyone who comes i will be asking for an additional $5.00 door fee This will go towards food and drinks as well as snacks and help with the extra cost for renting the venue that extra night.

This Will be more then EPIC i hope many smashers will be able to come and stay the night before for a major Swamp***** smash fest.

I will be droping the additional $5.00 door fee for anyone who brings a full set up for the lock in.

Bring pillows and blankets if you need them to sleep there are showers at the venue so anyone willing can shower the next morning.

post or pm if you have questions concerns or any advice thanks your Favorite Niga Viper

FGCU Viper

The Swamp Nigas Present
Holy Smash: Leviticus

Date: Saturday, December, 18th, 2010

Captforestv3 is my aim or pm me if you have any questions, need directions, or whatever.

Door fee will be $5
Singles is $5
Doubles is $5 (per person)

Doubles Payout:
First Place: 60%
Second Place: 30%
Third Place: 10%

Singles Payout:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%
or

If 30 or over

1st: 50%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%
5th: 5%
Play Off for 5th

Schedule:

11.00n-1.00p Registration and Friendlies

1.00p-3.00p Brawl Doubles

3.00p-4.00p Food, Friendlies, MM, Whatever

4.00p-Whenever Brawl Singles

There will be a low tier tourney before or after singles up to you guys

Afterwards More friendlies/MM and whatever

I will be there at 10.00am

If players want There will be a setup designated for Melee Friendlies/MM

Nearby is a Mc Donald's BK, taco bell ect... for places to eat at .

General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Team attack is set to "on"

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser. This applies to other suicide moves, the win goes towards the initiator and the sudden death is ignored.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

*If a player is counter picking and they select a stage with a transparent floor , they may not select meta knight as well.

Transparent:
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Norfair
Distant Planet
Port Town Aero Dive

Complaints about stalling should be dealt with as follows:
*Pause the game and contact a TO.
*The TO will monitor the rest of the match.
*At the conclusion of the match the game will be saved and the TO will watch the replay to make a decision.
*Should a replay be unavailable, the TO will make a decision based on all available knowledge of the incident.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. A Random neutral is chosen for the first match, unless opponents either agree on a neutral or decide to use stage striking.
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Issues or disputes which arise that are not covered by the rules and procedures already posted should be brought to the TOs for arbitration. The TOs' joint decisions are final.
I will be the judge the jury and the executioner on all matters at this tournament.

Stages:

Neutrals
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counter
Pokémon Stadium 1
Halberd
Pirate Ship
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes
NorFair
Port Town Areo Drive

Everything is potentially subject to change based on feedback from you guys.

Attending:

I knooow I was counting up the attendance for the AiB listing. Sooo many people:

Interested/Confirmed:
1.Viper, and the Swamp Nigas(7)
2. Local Smashers(6)
3. Sensei
4. GDX *Has PR Win(s)*
5. ghaudephaede010
6. ED! AKA ScaryLB
7. Gallax *Has PR Win(s)*
8. Kyon *Has PR Win(s)*
9. PIE & game over crew (3)
10. Kuro
11. Winge
12. 2-djeff *Has PR Win(s)*
13. Rust
14. Redhalberd with tampa (4) *Power Ranked*/*Has PR Win(s)*
15. D-torr *Has PR Win(s)*
16. 2link121
17. MintChip and crew (3)
18. Naples(3/4?)
19. CRSN
20. Nick Riddle? *Power Ranked*
21. Xdeath
22. lady legion
23. Drew
24. Grump
25. RockCock w/Tally
26. DFEAR
27. MVD *Power Ranked*
28. Xaltis *Power Ranked*
29. Galeon
30. Seibrik *Power Ranked*
31. AfroThundah *Power Ranked*
32. Masky *Has PR Win(s)*
33. Albert.
34. DewDaDash *Has PR Win(s)*
35. GreenAce
36. HRNut (possibly, according to Gallax) *Power Ranked*
37. D-Torr (pending reliable ride found) *Has PR Win(s)*
38. Ryo w/Gainsville(3) + Ryo's ****
16 man bounty for anyone who wants to get on PRs lol. With bracket aaand pools

Some of those assuming rides are found but yeeaah I hope we fit this thing into one day haha.

Plus I'm very sure I'm missing more people

I'm about to hype the d!ck off of this thread.

Anyone who doesn't go to this tourney or is john'n for rides is a scruuuuub.

This tourney is gonna be the best danm tourney in the whole year!
END YOUR YEAR RIGHT BY GOING TO THIS.
BETTER THAN MLGGGGGGG!!

HYPE
HYPE
HYPE
HYPE!

VIPER HOSTS THE BEST **** TOURNEYS IN THE WHOLE ****ING STATE​

DFEAR

Smash Hero
lets just use mlg rules? without the gayness of norfair/green greens

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Pools = I prolly can't go....

but who am I to say anything

Sorry Viper for trying to show interest in your tourny.
D-torr man just do your best

listen this tourney is not for 3 months so get together with kirbydebest and pie, play with them train them and help them become better players so they can make it out of pools. then your ride will still be there if you can make it out of pools with them

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
dtorr man...pools are soooo legitttttt they makez u teh better!
I didn't say they weren't.

I'm just saying that I don't want a situation where I go to a tourny and I don't have a ride home.

I got lucky last time around since Nova went. I'm not gonna try my luck and hope that things work the same again.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
So the loser cannot counterpick a tranparent stage and pick MK.

Does that mean that the winner of the previous match cannot pick MK either if they are being counterpicked?

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
So the loser cannot counterpick a tranparent stage and pick MK.

Does that mean that the winner of the previous match cannot pick MK either if they are being counterpicked?
The winner may pick any char they want.

what if they main mk lol
A player will not be forced off meta knight it will be there choice or not if they want to play on a transparent stage.

if the match is a Meta Knight ditto then if the losing meta choses a transparent stage then he may not pick meta as his char.

no player may CP his opponent to a transparent stage and then pick meta

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Thanks for the clarification.

It's gonna be cool to see how this works out.
Thanks man i hope it leads to good experiences if the rule turns out to be trash i will scrap it at my next tourney.

just like i tryed out a ban on coaching and its now scraped.

-!-

Smash Lord
lol cool idea to restrict MKs gaayness a lil instead of completely banning him, dunno if I'll be able to experience it my self, still far away so who knows... though tbh It is unfair that MK gets that much attention, I wish other characters could have a similar restrictions like Snake, Diddy, Falco, DDD, ICs... It's kinda sad how a broken character can have so much power to influence :(

I may work on this new Character for this... and I'll feel so much better when I win with this joke character! or I'll just get ****! :laugh:

btw anyone going to CEO???

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
lol cool idea to restrict MKs gaayness a lil instead of completely banning him, dunno if I'll be able to experience it my self, still far away so who knows... though tbh It is unfair that MK gets that much attention, I wish other characters could have a similar restrictions like Snake, Diddy, Falco, DDD, ICs... It's kinda sad how a broken character can have so much power to influence :(

I may work on this new Character for this... and I'll feel so much better when I win with this joke character! or I'll just get ****! :laugh:

btw anyone going to CEO???
M!X man i am glad you like my rule i hope that it makes for a better experience. and i hope i see you here.

and it is hella sad that MK is not ban but its something we have to deal with

-!-

Smash Lord
Yea I hate MK but I dont really think he should be ban cuz then people will complain about Snakes and diddys more and then theyll be like they should be ban and so on :laugh: MKs ONLY weakness is being light... at the same time its a good thing cuz hes speed is insane so its not totally bad cuz a really good MK can last pass 130%.... he has no lag and is plain just the gaayest character... as Snake I have to play it perfect and I have a small window to punish... but MK just beats Snake :(

anyways yea ill try dawwg looking forward to this and i may go to this Saturdays FGCUs tourney :D

Exdeath

Smash Master
PTAD, Pirate Ship, and Distant Planet don't belong. I fully support the transparent stage rule.

D-Torr, I will give you a ride home if your ride needs to go early or something.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
before we condemn these stages lets give them a chance to be used. I will agree that my CP list is way out there and if it turns into a major problem at the event then i will make the appropriate changes when i host my next event Holy Smash: Numbers

-!-

Smash Lord
ummm Distant planet is not on the CP list but it should right?

and ummm tbh the list it self is not that bad, and if u just don like those stages then dont use them lol it helps the research and it'll be more obvious that no one wants those stages so the next BBR list will be better.

ummm I do suggest though that if ur adding some of the new stages then maybe u should switch FD with PS1 for a starter to spice things up. just saying, if ur gonna experiment then try to balance things out :)

-!-

Smash Lord
well FD kinda helps characters with projectiles and CGs, its a simple loooong stage. imo the only real neutral is Smashville lol nd idk about castle siege, that definitely fits more of a CP. I was just saying PS1 since it is recommended nd it kinda makes sense, well for me it does make sense lol so I just thought it would be cool to see a few people try it out. Ive already seen a couple tournaments already using PS1 as a starter. but maybe it is best to just leave it as it is :) ooorrr u could put Halberd >_>

Exdeath

Smash Master
Basically, Smash (as a genre) has two main competitive genre elements: Platforming and fighting. Generally speaking, these are different in spectrum based on how their values (e.g. practice) are recognized and rewarded depending on the stage . As you stray away from the obviously legal stages (e.g. Battlefield) you will notice an increase in the importance of stage mechanics (e.g. Norfair), likewise, you will notice an increase in the importance of fighter mechanics as you stray toward Battlefield.

The reason that stages like Port Town Aero Drive are commonly frowned upon isn't necessarily because the stage is broken, but rather because of the considerable shift from fighting toward platforming. Ultimately, the difference is by preference, however if you were to ask a Smasher "What kind of game is Smash?" they would identify it as a "fighting game."

There is nothing wrong with removing something from competitive play out of informed preference -- even when it is not proved to be "broken." The difference between "scrubby" and "skilled" players ultimately comes down to the difference in mind set. If the general community's consensus is that the game would be better with something added, removed, or changed in any other way, then that is reason enough. The problem there is identifying what that community is (e.g. Central Florida, Florida, the South, etc.).

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Xdeath you my boy thanks for having my back cant wait to get some games in with you next time i see you i hope you still train with the Lake Alfred crew from time to time.

-!-

Smash Lord
There is nothing wrong with removing something from competitive play out of informed preference -- even when it is not proved to be "broken." The difference between "scrubby" and "skilled" players ultimately comes down to the difference in mind set. If the general community's consensus is that the game would be better with something added, removed, or changed in any other way, then that is reason enough. The problem there is identifying what that community is (e.g. Central Florida, Florida, the South, etc.).

idk why but when i see ur posts i lol

anyways yea i see ur point, I found out how in Japan the tournaments are more simple. going random to FD, SV and BF... thats it, thats the whole stage list XD I think thats manly but thats just me lol i believe they dont do Doubles as well nd they dont CP any of the three stages available :) I need to go there :p

Top Bottom