• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Holy Smash: Exodus *8/7/10* Lake Alfred Florida

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
The Swamp Nigas Present
Holy Smash Exodus

Date: Saturday, August, 7th, 2010

Captforestv3 is my aim or pm me if you have any questions, need directions, or whatever.

Door fee will be $5 (Dropped if you are one of the first 4 to bring a full setup)
Singles is $5
Doubles is $5 (per person)

Doubles Payout:
First Place: 60%
Second Place: 30%
Third Place: 10%

Singles Payout:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%
or

If 30 or over

1st:50%
2nd:20%
3rd:15%
4th:10%
5th:5%
Play Off for 5th

Schedule:

11.00n-1.00p Registration and Friendlies

1.00p-3.00p Brawl Doubles or Mid Tier(C,D) up to you guys

3.00p-4.00p Food, Friendlies, MM, Whatever

4.00p-Whenever Brawl Singles

There will be a low tier tourney before or after singles up to you guys

Afterwards More friendlies/MM and whatever

I will be there at 10.00am

If players want There will be a setup designated for Melee Friendlies/MM

Nearby is a Mc Donald's BK, taco bell ect... for places to eat at .

General rules:

**Coaching is ban**

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Team attack is set to "on"

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser. This applies to other suicide moves, the win goes towards the initiator and the sudden death is ignored.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Complaints about stalling should be dealt with as follows:
*Pause the game and contact a TO.
*The TO will monitor the rest of the match.
*At the conclusion of the match the game will be saved and the TO will watch the replay to make a decision.
*Should a replay be unavailable, the TO will make a decision based on all available knowledge of the incident.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. A Random neutral is chosen for the first match, unless opponents either agree on a neutral or decide to use stage striking.
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Issues or disputes which arise that are not covered by the rules and procedures already posted should be brought to the TOs for arbitration. The TOs' joint decisions are final.

**coaching complaints will be brought to my attention and i will give a warning. if it occurs again in any set that player will forfeit that set

Stages:

Neutrals
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counter
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Picto Chat

Everything is subject to change based on feedback from you guys. I want to see some of my Ft Myers smashers at this!

Attending:

1.Viper, and the Swamp Nigas(7)
2.Local Smashers(15)
3.M!X w/ Naples crew(4)
4.RedHalberd PR*5* w/Tampa crew
5.Orlando (5+)
6.Xdeath
7.JoCool w/others From Deltoyna
8.B_AWAL w/Tally (?)
9.TRA w/Abscent and Tet
10. D torr
11. NickRiddle PR*2* w/SFL (5)
12. Snipa PR*9*
21.You?
etc.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Personally I CANNOT come 2 this cuz I have 2 DJ in Gville the night B4 n then on a radio station on sat followed by a club in Tally on Sat night :sonic: :(

But I will def spread the word to the rest of Tally!!!

-!-

Smash Lord
that's right before my birthday and my friend comes back to naples... Ummm would be cool to make it idk ill get back to u

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
Personally I CANNOT come 2 this cuz I have 2 DJ in Gville the night B4 n then on a radio station on sat followed by a club in Tally on Sat night :sonic: :(

But I will def spread the word to the rest of Tally!!!
This post was so masturbatory.

If Tampa is going, I'll be going. I'll leave my SD card at home though ;)

-!-

Smash Lord
daamn I haven't fought another IC that's not fair lol its gonna be interesting, can't wait!

TRA

Smash Journeyman
Two days after I get back to FL, bro I'm definitely gonna be at this!

Just expect me to be fail, because I literally haven't played since the last tournament I hosted.

(I like to start the Johns a bit early, lol)

Time
Runs
Away

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
i like the religious theme
I am glad you picked up on that i was afraid at first to post anything to do with religion because i did not want to offend anyone but after the first one people did not mind the event being at a church i opened up.

-!-

Smash Lord
Two days after I get back to FL, bro I'm definitely gonna be at this!

Just expect me to be fail, because I literally haven't played since the last tournament I hosted.

(I like to start the Johns a bit early, lol)

Time
Runs
Away
lol This is sick!!! we can play friendlies man :)

I havent played my snake in a while, I've been picking up a character (though I dont practice much >_<)

hey btw, are u gonna be hosting another tournament???

-!-

Smash Lord
I can't tell u who lol but when we play youll know :)

and yea let me know what happens :)

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
WHO?!

And I really hope so, man. I'll talk to Abscent and see if we can come up with something awesome again. I'll let you know as soon as we get down some details.

Time
Runs
Away
I can't wait for you to host another one: I really enjoyed the last.

I can't tell u who lol but when we play youll know :)

and yea let me know what happens :)
You know this man is manning it up and playing Ice Climbers.

TRA

Smash Journeyman
I can't wait for you to host another one: I really enjoyed the last.
Glad to hear it! I really just wanted everybody to have a good time.

You know this man is manning it up and playing Ice Climbers.
Duuuude, I still want to learn! I've just been without my wii alll summer up here..... Watching videos and all, but it's useless without being able to play.

Time
Runs
Away

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
Ok, both of you need to play ice climbers with me ASAP. I want more IC climbers in FL! Who doesn't, right?

And yeah, dittos are murder.

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Hey Viper I was curious about one thing about the Rules, actually it's the only thing that's in Red lol what will be describe as coaching???

when: through the whole match u tell your "friend" what to do?
or like say u tell ur friend: "hey stop rolling", "dude don't get impatient", or how about "let him come to you, u have the advantage right now"
what I'm trying to say is that if the little sentences here and there that we usually would tell our friends while they are playing would be consider coaching???

Coaching someone makes me think of a person that sits right beside a player and through the whole match he tells the player what to do or not do, tell the opponents hobbies and so on. Basically someone that thinks for the person that's actually playing. I've never seen anyone do this, I myself have cheer for my friends and said a few obvious sentences here and there.

But what exactly would be classified as coaching and what will be the penalty for such acts???

-!-

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Might be able to make this... not sure yet. Might be after my summer session ends. Gonna have to check my schedule.

Oh and why is coaching banned? If your going to do that, might as well just ban trash talk. Both go hand in hand with tournaments.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Coaching is like telling people to where C4s are etc... I guess it's just banned so people won't cross the line.

TRA

Smash Journeyman
I saw RedHal had posted and thought to myself "Please don't let it be a post saying he's not coming....."

Lade, you have to make this, bro!

Time
Runs
Away

Edit:

And I just realized I'm not on the attendance list?

Put me down, plus Abscent. And I'm gonna try to get Tet to go, also.

gallax

Smash Hero
I've never seen anyone do this, I myself have cheer for my friends and said a few obvious sentences here and there.

-!-
you did this against me our last match. m!xcoatl was sitting there next to you the entire set and pointing out my explosives and nades and proximites. i saw his hand pointing them out mid match and even called you out on it. everyone there witnessed it too. thats cheating.

if you are sitting next to your friend and doing stuff like mentioned above, thats coaching. there is a difference between coaching and giving advice. although there is a fine line it is up to the TO to decide whether or not "be patient" is giving advice or coaching. imo, this is an obvious difference between coaching and giving advice. saying "your opponent is gonna roll behind you" is coaching. saying "dont give up" is giving advice.

and this is something that every TO in FL has agreed to put into their ruleset and will enforce.

when: through the whole match u tell your "friend" what to do?
or like say u tell ur friend: "hey stop rolling", "dude don't get impatient", or how about "let him come to you, u have the advantage right now"
what I'm trying to say is that if the little sentences here and there that we usually would tell our friends while they are playing would be consider coaching???

-!-
yes to all of it. the sbr deliberated about enforcing a rule that was going to limit how close spectators can get to the players mid match but decided not to since it would be to hard to enforce since some TO's dont have many resources.

-!-

Smash Lord
uhhh Gallax, that was my post. It's all in green and has my "-!-" on the bottom.

but yea when u fought my brother, at first I was telling him what anyone would tell a friend to be patient and what not. He then told me mid match, as you said earlier, to tell him where the C-4 was cuz his eyesight is bad.... if you pay attention my brother usually sits as close as he can to the tv cuz of his eyesight. When i pointed that out you starting shouting that it was "cheating" and that its "banned" frankly i was surprised that u made a big deal about it, I've never seen anyone do that before lol but I understood and i stopped telling him stuff except things like "you got this" or thing similar to that. I'm assuming that your own friends would cheer you on your matches as I do mine, unless they dont? but the way ur trying to explain "coaching" makes it so that basically when two players are doing a set no one is allowed to talk at all, except for like "u got this" or "u can win" sounds silly to me lol, Itll be hard to stop everyone from saying a simple sentence like "stop rolling!" or a random guy saying "up-tilt" to a snake player for example lol through all the tournaments that i have been through there's always people shouting stuff at their friends and trash talk as well to intimidate and give their friends some advantage lol ive never heard of "coaching is banned" in fact I have heard of TOs allowing "coaching" for players, as I said before to me someone that actually sits next to a player and "THINKS" for them and tell them what to do is coaching. I like to sit next to my friends not to think for them but just watch more comfortable and to show my support by just being there, now that I remember I did Coach once to a friend that wanted to play Snake against an MK and I was telling him exactly what to do... that was coaching but the opponent didnt mind cuz I wasn't being rude by shouting at my friend what he should do, I wasn't being annoying..

anyways IMO, I can see "coaching" being annoying but i dont see how it should be ban cuz its just been in tournaments for ever, u cant keep the whole crowd from saying anything lol

again I can see someone that tells a player what to do through the whole time being "coaching" also next thing u know, ull want to ban someone giving an opinion/advice at the end of a match lol i.e. CP in stage or character, and so on.

-!-

Top Bottom