• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Holy Smash 6/19/10 CFL Bring setups the more the better!

Mechmainiac

Smash Cadet
Is this a house tournament? If so thats a high $5 door fee
no this is not a house tourney. read the first few posts on the thread and also look up the venue

i have been to house tourneys that did charge a 5$ door fee (come and get spiked in GVille did it)

FGCU Viper on Mechmainiac's account

-!-

Smash Lord
I've never thought that $5 was a big fee to enter a venue/house I can see people complaining if the events are the same as the venue fee... Idk I just want a big turnout nd the last $5 tournament was pretty decent for that... Even low tiers :)

M!X

D Who?

Smash Journeyman
Lucario pwns nubs. Repin in MLB Lee LuLu ftw! fourth place is l33t h@xors ya'll mean nigas and other various others in this thread?

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
there is no doubt in my mind that there will be 0ver 30 people at this tourney.
This is correct i expect the turn out to be 30 at least so there is no need to worry. at this point there is a chance that 50 people will show. but if for some ungodly reason less then 30 show we can take a vote on the pay out at that time.

Winge

Smash Rookie
I can try to come to this, if I can come, I can bring a wii setup with brawl and gamecube with melee if you wanted to do melee.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
LOL

$5 door fee is not expensive
for a house tourney? yes it is.

Smashers are supposed to hold tournaments to benefit the game and the players. If you're holding a house tourney to make money off the door fee, you're a jerk.

$2 is the appropriate charge for a door fee at a house tournament. It compensates for the electricity charge + the bother of running the event.

charging $5 as a door fee for a house tournament makes you an a$$hole no matter what

now....

charging $5 as a door fee for a venue is perfect. It's the ideal way for the venue to be guaranteed money and the gamers to not lose money from the pot.

Venues that charge $10 door fee or $5 plus a % of the pot are also asshats.

CARRY ON BRAVE SOLDIERS
-do not let afrothunder butt-touch you-

-!-

Smash Lord
lol I've been to "Venues" that u don't even have a place to sit till your name is called, where the AC doesn't even work and your better off going outside, you also have to be there for more then 12 hours... not to mention uncomfortable places to play on. And I have been to "House" tournaments that are frankly better and tend to run faster... for the same $5 fee. I don't have a problem paying $5 myself, but I do see some people having trouble barely even making it to a tournament and $3 could make a difference. And don't forget about how, sadly, there tends to be someone now and then that gets lost and ends up being curious about shiny stuff and what not.... just saying :ohwell:

Well this is an actual Venue with AC and plenty of room... I'm looking forward to this :) the turnout is gonna be insane, can't wait

HYPE!!!

Gindler

Smash Champion
This is correct i expect the turn out to be 30 at least so there is no need to worry. at this point there is a chance that 50 people will show. but if for some ungodly reason less then 30 show we can take a vote on the pay out at that time.
50!? ****nnn sonnnnn. Nice :)

-!-

Smash Lord
crap I keep forgetting lol but yea ogll be cool of u come up here buuuut. If ZP is that close just go there XD. Sooooo much closer.

TRA

Smash Journeyman
I feel like I'm missing out because I'm not in Florida for the Summer.... so I'm thinking there needs to be an amazingly awesome tournament sometime between August 6th-ish and August 20th.

TRA, The Return of Abbreviation Smash Tourney

Lol, just sayin' :-P

Time
Runs
Away

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
As an update. I will be coming to this tournament, and hopefully bringing Quick with me.
My cars got a brand new clutch! and i'm ready to make my first trip to auberndale...
I'm excited to see Mr. Emo Wolf in the low tiers again.

Also, Viper. You have 60, 20 10 as the payout in the main thread. I dont know if you corrected that in the comments, i know your dyslexic. but i was givin' you a heads up.

Top Bottom