• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Holy Smash 6/19/10 CFL Bring setups the more the better!

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Date: Saturday, June 19th, 2010

Captforestv3 is my aim or pm me if you have any questions, need directions, or whatever.

Door fee will be $5 (Dropped if you're one of first 5 to bring a set-up)
Singles is $5
Doubles is $5 (per person)

Doubles Payout:
First Place: 60%
Second Place: 30%
Third Place: 10%

Singles Payout:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%
or
If 30 or over
1st:50%
2nd:20%
3rd:15%
4th:10%
5th:5%
Play Off for 5th

Schedule:

11.00n-1.00p Registration and Friendlies

1.00p-3.00p Brawl Doubles or Mid Tier(C,D) up to you guys

3.00p-4.00p Food, Friendlies, MM, Whatever

4.00p-Whenever Brawl Singles

There will be a low tier tourney before or after singles up to you guys

Afterwards More friendlies/MM and whatever

I will be there at 10.00am

If players want There will be a setup designated for Melee Friendlies/MM

Nearby is a Mc Donald's BK, taco bell ect... for places to eat at .

General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Team attack is set to "on"

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser. This applies to other suicide moves, the win goes towards the initiator and the sudden death is ignored.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Complaints about stalling should be dealt with as follows:
*Pause the game and contact a TO.
*The TO will monitor the rest of the match.
*At the conclusion of the match the game will be saved and the TO will watch the replay to make a decision.
*Should a replay be unavailable, the TO will make a decision based on all available knowledge of the incident.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. A Random neutral is chosen for the first match, unless opponents either agree on a neutral or decide to use stage striking.
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Issues or disputes which arise that are not covered by the rules and procedures already posted should be brought to the TOs for arbitration. The TOs' joint decisions are final.

Stages:

Neutrals
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counter
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

Everything is subject to change based on feedback from you guys. I want to see some of my Ft Myers smashers at this!

Attending:

1.Viper, Mink and the Swamp Nigas(7)
2.Local Smashers(15)
3.Red Halberdw/Tampa Crew
4.M!X w/Naples Crew(7)
5.Gallax w/crew from Orlando
6.Sensei and CRSN from Orlando
7.Trott
8.D-Torr?
9.XDeath
10.Abscent
11. LadyLegion
12. iPresea
13. SSGuy
14. radiX
15. Razek
16.F-18
17.Masky w/3 others
18.Mata
21.You?
etc.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
SFL has a tourny this same day

if I was to travel

I'd go to the SFL tourny instead

just sayin
I do realize that ZP is going on the same day, ZP is also any were from 4 to 6 hours away from CFL. There might be smashers that would not want to travel that distance or just cant travel that far.

-!-

Smash Lord
ummmm I was planning to go to the next ZP and this just happens to be on the same day :( not only that but this is farther away and the pot isnt gonna be that big with $5... ummm I'll talk to the crew and see what we can do, maybe we may come to this since it'll probably get bigger in number I remember that the ZPs tournaments used to get like 20 or so. I would rather come to here instead of ZP personally but ill let you know man :)

-!-

Smash Lord
btw, this is not gonna have Sofas for seats with no AC and possibly a couple laggy tvs right??? just wondering lol

-!-

Smash Lord
Now that sounds refreshing XD thanks.

Jungles Japes should be out >_>

around how many setups are we gonna have at the very Least??? I can bring my W!! for sure, though I can't promise a tv :(

-!-

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
I will talk a vote on JJ as the Tourny draws near. Also i would like to have at least 10 setups atm i have around 6 i dont want anyone to be watching if they dont have to. but at the very least we will have 6 but that is at the very least. ie if no one else brings any setups

There is no limit to the number of setups i would be able to support. So the more the better.

-!-

Smash Lord
Idk if you're misunderstanding... but If the two persons that will get 5th place don't play it out... they'll get 2.5% of the pot each... Its just more exciting to play it out and more convenient since entrance fee is only $5 and since 5th place is only getting 5% of the pot... it'll barely be something. It's just more reasonable to have both players play it out, Just makes sense...

Viper, is your crew going to that C.E.O. tournament that is replacing G.A.M.E.???

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
me personally will not be there but the other swampNigas might go but it is unlikly. several of my friends and Family are graduating Highschool on that day so i will not be able to go. Will you be there?

-!-

Smash Lord
Yea the whole crew is gonna go, We're really looking forward to it. We'll have to wait for this so we play then :)

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
I am going to draw the local scene and that will be a good 15 smashers or more. let me get some of them Orlando Smashers at this event. Thats whats up!!. M!X man thanks for the hype

D-Torr what has to go down to draw your attendance and crew?

-!-

Smash Lord
I'm gathering the most of my crew to come, it may be two cars consisting of around 7 or so smashers. This is gonna be really good I got a feeling lol Snake is gonna **** at this :) and Falcon will rip as well Rofl

HYPE!!!!!

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
7 smashers that will be great. i will update the thread with that info and relay your message to Mech i smell a low tier rivalry brewing lol. cant wait to smash with you guys again.

-!-

Smash Lord
Yea I wanna play him again, our set was too epic. Some people are really complaining about my Falcon... they say hes The Snake of Low Tiers lolololol can u believe that??? that's crazy, really though his fun but **** his really down there :( its for funz anyways, and I'm trying to play him now and then, I even do "OK' against MKs >_>

any who, I wanna see new faces and play my best at this :) Teams is gonna be sooo **** again XD

M!X

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
M!X i bet redhal would be down for your MM. But if you are looking for a challenge call out Mech in a mm for low tiers i bet he would be down for that.

Mink i will spread the word that you are lookin for a doubles partner. i am so glad you are going to be able to make this!

And Tampa Orlando and Gainesville were you at get on this thread!
Trump i better see you at this event.

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
I would like to go to this. I don't like driving too far and on top of that my car isn't running right now. However, I should have a new car by this tourney so I'll see what happens.

-!-

Smash Lord
lol If he does show up ill have to mm him and play lots of friendlies cuz I need mad practice against mks XD I'm still not good for that MU. And yea ill mm ur bro, does he has an account? Also after that I may mm u my falcon VS your Falco? Hell I may even use him for tourney >_> well see.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Also after that I may mm u my falcon VS your Falco? Hell I may even use him for tourney >_> well see.[/COLOR]
you trollin me bro! lololol falco vs falcon i cant do that to ya but as for a snake v falco that might be in the cards. i cant wait to see your falcon again if you have that much confidence low tier will be great.

-!-

Smash Lord
you trollin me bro! lololol falco vs falcon i cant do that to ya but as for a snake v falco that might be in the cards. i cant wait to see your falcon again if you have that much confidence low tier will be great.

lol I'm not trolling I'm serious. I don't believe much in tier lists, the smarter player can win. Your character does have the advantage, but that doesn't necessarily mean u automatically win lol I'm doing it for fun, but how bout this let's have the set and if u win (it seems u may) we could just do another mm with my Snake so I can get it back XD if not then no Johns, how's that?

CRSN

Smash Apprentice
I would like to go to this. I don't like driving too far and on top of that my car isn't running right now. However, I should have a new car by this tourney so I'll see what happens.
C'monnnnn buddy. I can give ya a ride

-!-

Smash Lord
ohh viper my bro superwolf wants to mm too man

hype!!! I smell over a 40 turnout fer sure, this is gonna be sooooo fuuuuunnn with low tier tournaments as well nd its gonna be sooooo smoooth nd faasssstttt i smell lots of grreen not becuz in writing this in green but ummmm idk just come damm it >_>

EDIT:

Damm it wheres all my CAPS? I hate writing in my phone :(

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Good to see some Orlando smashers getting on this thread i will add Sensei and CRSN to the list

and M!X you are right if Orlando shows we will pull around 40 people

low tiers will be sick as always and cant forget about Singles it will be great and you will love the venue.

-!-

Smash Lord
MORE HYPE!!!
Yea im gonna love this tournament fer sure.

Soooo viper, u wanna do that Falcon vs Falco mm?? nd i dont know if u missed the beginning of my last post, my bro wants to mm u too.

XTRA HYPE >_>

Trott

Smash Rookie
If I'm back in Florida from my trip to Texas in time then I will definitely be at this tourney.

Xdeath: Want to team again? We did pretty well at NLL.

Top Bottom