• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Holy Maiden Knight - Valkyrie for SSB4!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Holy Maiden Knight of Marvel Land, Valkyrie for SSB4!

And no-no. This is not a self-promotion thread.

Bio

Valkyrie is from her titular franchise by Namco, consisting of an action game trilogy: it stars an angelic warrior from the heavens of Marvel Land, serving under the command of Goddess of Light, and providing liberation from anything wicked that arises in her world. Usually she's joined by her peaceful but tenaciousamphibian friend, Krino Sandra (Commonly known as Whirlo)

For most part, her personality comes of as very pure-hearted and mature, preferring to not settle things with violence if a choice. Yet, being a heavenly warrior with duties, her super-human strength and agility are quite a sight to behold, capable of combating and slay monsters many times bigger as her.

Combined with her swordsfighting prowess, she's very formidable opponent to take on, easily explaining her numerous quest/fighting cameos in other Namco-games. Within these, Valkyrie comes also gentle, sweet and responsible swordswoman from the heavens - though Fuji Hiroshi gives her bit of a no-nonsense and reserved streak now and then in manga adaptations.

History

Valkyrie's first major quest, "Adventure of Valkyrie" for Famicom, had her free Marvel Land from the dark wizard named Zouna, who had stolen the Key of Time from Marvel Land's giant clock tower, restoring back the flow of time. The game was practically trying to be a fusion of Legend of Zelda and Dragon Warrior (Dragon Quest I), though it was deemed too brutal and needlessly clunky during combat be released overseas by Namco, along with facing competition with the aforementioned games. The game however, possessed some interesting RPG-features, like a day/night cycle, life bars for the enemies, and providing a certain growth rate on Valkyrie's stats via blood type and horoscope inputted.

Her breakthrough came from her second and most well-known game, "Legend of Valkyrie"- released in 1989 for the arcades which was an overhead platforming shooter hybrid. In that game the maiden travels with Sandra to retrieve an ancient wish-granting artifact called the Golden Seed, and eventually prevent it from falling to underlord Kamuz's hands.

The game ditched away trying to follow the more popular action game series in favour of more accessible, linear action platforming with shooter mechanics. Along with these were the adventure game elements, with you meeting many colorful characters to exchange in fun magic abilities and upgrades to your arsenal of weapons and items that are quite essential for good trip through Marvel Land.

The arcade game never made it out of Japan either, but got exposed to oversea releases through Namco Museum Vol.5 for Playstation.

Since then, Valkyrie has had quite a following for being one of the oldest and strongest females in videogaming - who still keeps her personality very feminine through her gentle and pure-hearted personality. She received a visual novel game, lieu of manga adaptations of the games by courtesy of her long-time character designer Fuji Hiroshi, who also provided rest of the characters to Valkyrie's world across all of her titles and adaptations alike since the first installment. There was also a revival webcomic by now defunct ShiftyLook-site, which gave more Kid Icarus Uprising-like humoristic depiction of Valkyrie's world along with quite distinct art style in the later half of the series.

Valkyrie is arguably most well-known second-quota mascot for Namco after Pac-Man - proven by her sheer number of quest appearances across many of their other franchises beyond, including Tales Of, Super Robot Wars, major Namco-crossovers like Namco x Capcom (along with Sandra and Sabine), Soul Calibur, Super Smash Bros 4, Project X Zone and like. She's even set to appear in Project x Zone 2 with a remake of her first game from PSX intact with additional characters and features.

• Tales of Phantasia

• Tales of Eternia

• Soul Calibur II (Cassandra + Valkyrie Armor)

• Namco x Capcom

• Project x Zone:

• Project x Zone 2:

It quite shows long way that Valkyrie enjoys some particularly beloved attention from Namco.

Why Valkyrie in Smash Bros?

• With Lloyd and Heihachi possibly deconfirmed due being Mii Outfits and Pac-Man already in, Valkyrie could be a favorable choice for the second Namco-rep due her cult classic status in both Namco and Japanese fanbase.
  • Her shooter-styled magic would lend for an interesting take on swords-fighters. More below.
  • She would also be easily introduced to the outer sea audiences by being another recognizable strong (and quite retro) female, possibly even tying into Project x Zone-franchise through her remake being re-released along with it as a bonus for the upcoming sequel.
- The only character she faces competition from would be Klonoa, though not much has been made to keep him relevant to his fans, unlike that of Valkyrie's.- There's also some possible talk about Pac-Man's Namco Roulette Taunt ruling her out, but again, it being just a sprite-based cameo (Exclusive to Wii-U even), it shouldn't necessarily spur much disadvantage on Valkyrie's inclusion if her strengths outweigh her being a mere cameo today in Sm4sh.​

How would she fight?

Valkyrie carries primarily a shortsword, aptly named Sword of Light. Like it's name suggests, it's imbued with light magic to shoot beams of various effects, depending on what she's carrying around. She also carries a shield for defense against attacks and weak projectiles, both physical and magical.

This would easily make her sound like a female Link (basically how she started back in the 80s!), but there would be one core gimmick to spice her up: Sword Beam Magic and Option Magic.

Depending on the talismans or weapons she finds in her adventure, Valkyrie's Sword Beam Magic can change to those of 3-way bullets, homing beams, 4-way cross beams, miniature bombs or drills and so on. Sword Beam Magic could be her Side B lets her shoot a semi-random projectile in some fashion. This lets her possibly use projectiles as secondary ways to deal damage when not close. However, this idea can be made more unique and integral to a more unique playstyle for her through Option Magic.

Option Magic lets Valkyrie create a miniature familiar of herself. This familiar then mimics the moves she'll do relative to it's size, firing off smaller bullets while also capable of movement. It's very much comparable to standard "Option" upgrade in classic SHMUP-games like Gradius.
Valkyrie can summon 3 familiars at a time, but they share half her health and can easily fall down on hazards.

SSB4 could basically take this concept along and turn her into a hybrid of an unit-managing swordsfighter with long-range projectiles: By using Neutral B, she can deploy up to 3 Options on top, front, back and bottom of her, extending her hitboxes and dealing additional chip damage, along with mimicking her magic when performed for extra power. If conceptualized further, she could even move the Options to different types of formations for interesting places of attacking - like two on the bottom, all stacked up, making them spin around here, a huge shield of options on the back, and so on.

These would provide interesting setups and formations of kind, similar to Option Formations from Gradius-games:

Within this, she would be quite a peculiar resource-based character. Using Option to extend her hitboxes to place she wishes for . However, these options won't provide necessarily as good of a meatshield like that of Rosalina's Luma, but would be more easier to use and add in interesting depth of shooter-based play.

Misc. Magic
Other types of Magic Valkyrie can do are:

- Big Magic: Valkyrie will grow to about five times her original size, upping her damage and radius of her attacks. She can also crush people under her if need be. Option Magic can be overlapped to create options of normal size she formerly was. (Possibly part of a Final Smash)

- Cyclone Magic: Valkyrie sends out a spiraling cyclone of fire from themselves, damaging all surrounding enemies. Flying enemies are seemingly unaffected. (Down B, could be time-based in power)

- Tornado Magic: Valkyrie will be enshrouded by a miniature tornado around her, making her whirl non-stop while damaging any enemies she comes in physical contact with. She has limited control over spinning though. (Up B)

- Time Stop Magic (Adventure of Valkyrie): All enemies will freeze, locked in time and unable to move at all - allowing Valkyrie to come and do as she pleases. Consumes most of her magic. (Final Smash)

Her other skills also include techniques like "Valkyrie Strike", "Valkyrie Saber" and even borrowing some artes from Tales Of-series now and then, such as Demon Fang or Lightning (which is a reference on using a lighting bolt magic in her first game).

Like again, Valkyrie could provide an interesting twist to the usual swordsfighter mold, while also bringing in a highly beloved strong female from Namco's best eras through all the times.

Hope this interests you! If you feel like supporting her, do call me in and also vote her on the Smash Ballot in the official site! Let's see where the heavens guide us!

Supporters

~ Valkyrie ~
(Young Horsetail)

~ Wintropy ~ Azure Warrior ~ Pacack ~ Smashkirby ~ SSBCandidates ~
~ Midnight Twinkle ~ Raijinken ~ AwesomeAussie27 ~

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm surprised you just made this thread now~ ;3

I support. She seems like a fun character. I'm curious, of course, as to how fans would react to Pit, Dark Pit and She-Pit in the roster~

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm surprised you just made this thread now~ ;3

I support. She seems like a fun character. I'm curious, of course, as to how fans would react to Pit, Dark Pit and She-Pit in the roster~
I thought it'd be bit of a stretch to put support on her since last times because she's bit on polarized lane (Super-loved by Namco, still something like Japanese Pit of Namco to most outersea gamers. Also massive cameoist).

I'd call her She-Link more - she looks a lot like what Link would be if female and without elven ears.

But I'd be quite happy to have Pit and Valk meet. Especially because Pit being ballistic and hotheaded cute and Valk is pretty frigging demure but strong gal. :colorful:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sign me up. Like Arle, she does have that huge Smash following in Japan going for her and many potential Namco choices are slowly coming down to either characters with little Nintendo relevance or arcade characters that are repped through Pac-Man's moveset (R.I.P. Mappy).

Last edited:

slambros

Smash Ace
What a thread. I applaud your work.

Yeah, if Valkyrie is from Namco, then her chances are coming up on inch by inch. Even so, she's still competing with Klonoa, Kos-Mos, Momotchi, and, to a lesser extent, a Dark Souls character. It'll be interesting to see how things turn out, or if we even get a 2nd Namco representative at all.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Sign me up. Like Arle, she does have that huge Smash following in Japan going for her and many potential Namco choices are slowly coming down to either characters with little Nintendo relevance or arcade characters that are repped through Pac-Man's moveset (R.I.P. Mappy).
Quite. I sorta wish to spread her potential and presence around here too. ShiftyLook was quite commendable, but I'd like people to see Valkyrie by her original portrayal and abilities.

What a thread. I applaud your work.

Yeah, if Valkyrie is from Namco, then her chances are coming up on inch by inch. Even so, she's still competing with Klonoa, Kos-Mos, Momotchi, and, to a lesser extent, a Dark Souls character. It'll be interesting to see how things turn out, or if we even get a 2nd Namco representative at all.
Thanks very much! It was a lot hard work, so it's very appreciated to hear this!

I'd love Klonoa to be there, especially since we haven't seen him for years, and he's have had a lot neat presence in Nintendo-consoles since GBA-games. In anycase, I'd be content with either of them being around. Mametchi sounds also something that might be looked to, but IDK again since it's not really something tied to Nintendo, just being a popular raising toy-based success from Namco.

KOS-MOS is bit iffy for me though, especially since we have Xenoblade-representation already in the mix. Dark Souls-character might not ve very eligible due never being in a Nintendo-system, and possibly not fitting that well to Smash Bros's cast or awareness of the fans. My thoughts on the matter.

Sure! I'd be up for having her.

At the very least, I'd love to get a costume based off of her.
Guess who'd wear it all day, everyday on his Mii. :4palutena:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Quite. I sorta wish to spread her potential and presence around here too. ShiftyLook was quite commendable, but I'd like people to see Valkyrie by her original portrayal and abilities.

Thanks very much! It was a lot hard work, so it's very appreciated to hear this!

I'd love Klonoa to be there, especially since we haven't seen him for years, and he's have had a lot neat presence in Nintendo-consoles since GBA-games. In anycase, I'd be content with either of them being around. Mametchi sounds also something that might be looked to, but IDK again since it's not really something tied to Nintendo, just being a popular raising toy-based success from Namco.

KOS-MOS is bit iffy for me though, especially since we have Xenoblade-representation already in the mix. Dark Souls-character might not ve very eligible due never being in a Nintendo-system, and possibly not fitting that well to Smash Bros's cast or awareness of the fans. My thoughts on the matter.

Guess who'd wear it all day, everyday on his Mii. :4palutena:
I forgot to ask, who do you think is more likely as a second Namco rep? Valkyrie or Klonoa? Or anyone else you have in mind?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I forgot to ask, who do you think is more likely as a second Namco rep? Valkyrie or Klonoa? Or anyone else you have in mind?
Sorry for quite long reply!

I can't really put my finger to it much, Klonoa just seems to be more on the "fan"-side than Valk is, but I can't still write off that Valkyrie's more driven by Namco itself if going by the constant retro cameos she keeps popping in.

There's though one wildcard I can see 'em go for and that'd be Taizo Hori. Possibly because you cannot Dig the Doug. Besides, we already have Pookas in Smash Run, so what would stop Taizo?

Still, I can't say much.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Sorry for quite long reply!

I can't really put my finger to it much, Klonoa just seems to be more on the "fan"-side than Valk is, but I can't still write off that Valkyrie's more driven by Namco itself if going by the constant retro cameos she keeps popping in.

There's though one wildcard I can see 'em go for and that'd be Taizo Hori. Possibly because you cannot Dig the Doug. Besides, we already have Pookas in Smash Run, so what would stop Taizo?

Still, I can't say much.
I guess that makes sense. To be honest, Pookas are the reason I also think Taizo is possibly in the running to be a playable character, if not Klonoa or Valkyrie. I still support Valkyrie a bit more than them, though.

Midnight Twinkle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MidnightTwinkle
3DS FC
1461-6246-6413
Although not my vote in the ballot, I wholeheartedly support this character. I remember back when SM4SH was still in development I had even suggested that Valkyrie could be Namco's rep. Seems she still has a chance with Ryu being Capcom's second rep. I really enjoyed Legend of Valkyrie and her character is very appealing. Hope all goes well for y'all!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
You know guys, for about 3-4 days, I've been watching a 100% playthrough of Namco x Capcom, and I have to say, I'm much more supportive of Valkyrie and a couple of other Namco characters to appear alongside Pac-Man! Out of all of them however, Valkyrie has my biggest support though. I may list my other Namco options here later.

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I do feel you Hsien-Ko, since Cassandra wears her attire and in a way Sophitia seems sort of based on her; I do wish to support you on having Valkyrie over.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I do feel you Hsien-Ko, since Cassandra wears her attire and in a way Sophitia seems sort of based on her; I do wish to support you on having Valkyrie over.
Hmm, never thought of Sophitia that way! But again, it seems to prove the legacy Valkyrie keeps on having on Namco overall.

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Hmm, never thought of Sophitia that way! But again, it seems to prove the legacy Valkyrie keeps on having on Namco overall.
Well there has never been anything official, but both Alexandra Sisters seem to have some of Valkyrie's characteristics. In Project X Zone at times I felt it was Sophitia with her "landing" attack. Then again, it also has to be with how the Japanese love western blonde women and make them look way to ideal. But who knows, maybe Sophitia and Cassandra are in a way, ways of Valkie to be on SoulCalibur in a way on how SNK's Athena Asamiya is indirectly their version of the goddess Athena.

Oh and yes add me please to the support list.

Last edited:

Midnight Twinkle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MidnightTwinkle
3DS FC
1461-6246-6413
You may add me to the support list as well. Valkyrie would be an awesome addition.

Midnight Twinkle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MidnightTwinkle
3DS FC
1461-6246-6413
Y'know, I'm listening to the Main Theme of The Legend of Valkyrie... and its so darn good. Its so heroic and uplifting, you can really feel Valkyrie's personality. It needs to be remixed into Smash in one form or another lol.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
All right, guys. Here's my list:
Valkyrie
Bravoman
Wonder Momo
Gilgamesh
Cress
Lloyd
KOS-MOS
Reiji and Xiaomu
Dig-Dug (a.k.a. Taizo Hori) (or his son, Susumu Hori a.k.a. Mr. Driller)
Klonoa
Masuyo Tobi (or maybe Hiromi Tengenji, I'll think about it.)
Roger Jr. (Tekken)

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Last week stretch now folks! Vote for Valkyrie now while you can!

Y'know, I'm listening to the Main Theme of The Legend of Valkyrie... and its so darn good. Its so heroic and uplifting, you can really feel Valkyrie's personality. It needs to be remixed into Smash in one form or another lol.
I really love that theme, honestly. Definitely came as a surprising factor the time I popped the game in and listened to the prologue tune before watching Valkyrie fall down to the first stage.

Just wondering, why not promote Hsien-Ko herself?
I rather wait Nintendo x Capcom for that, actually. So we can have her finally buffed. :dr^_^:

All right, guys. Here's my list:
Valkyrie
Bravoman
Wonder Momo
Gilgamesh
Cress
Lloyd
KOS-MOS
Reiji and Xiaomu
Dig-Dug (a.k.a. Taizo Hori) (or his son, Susumu Hori a.k.a. Mr. Driller)
Klonoa
Masuyo Tobi (or maybe Hiromi Tengenji, I'll think about it.)
Roger Jr. (Tekken)
I think I gave some of my thoughts to these characters above, actually. I again presume that closest would be Valkyrie or Dig Dug, now that Heihachi's out of the picture, and for most part, other characters seem not that prominent enough from Namdai to be featured.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Last week stretch now folks! Vote for Valkyrie now while you can!

I really love that theme, honestly. Definitely came as a surprising factor the time I popped the game in and listened to the prologue tune before watching Valkyrie fall down to the first stage.

I rather wait Nintendo x Capcom for that, actually. So we can have her finally buffed. :dr^_^:

I think I gave some of my thoughts to these characters above, actually. I again presume that closest would be Valkyrie or Dig Dug, now that Heihachi's out of the picture, and for most part, other characters seem not that prominent enough from Namdai to be featured.
Well, I guess you have a point. Don't get me wrong, I DEFINITELY do NOT expect ALL of these characters to show up as second Namdai reps. They just seem interesting to me be added. Heck, if they are, I'll be pretty darn hyped! BTW, did you hear Chrom, Lucina, AND Fiora are coming to Project X Zone 2? I was so excited for that! BTW, where did you give your thoughts to these characters? I think I missed that. Also, I have some other options for second Namdai reps: Mr. Driller (Susumu Hori, son of Taizo Hori and Masuyo Tobi), and Tarosuke.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Well, I guess you have a point. Don't get me wrong, I DEFINITELY do NOT expect ALL of these characters to show up as second Namdai reps. They just seem interesting to me be added. Heck, if they are, I'll be pretty darn hyped! BTW, did you hear Chrom, Lucina, AND Fiora are coming to Project X Zone 2? I was so excited for that! BTW, where did you give your thoughts to these characters? I think I missed that. Also, I have some other options for second Namdai reps: Mr. Driller (Susumu Hori, son of Taizo Hori and Masuyo Tobi), and Tarosuke.
I think I discussed Taizo Hori and Klonoa with you above, while also giving thoughts to Lloyd and Heihachi on the OP (Both now Mii Fighter Costumes).

To the other retros, I wouldn't mind them really - but Valk has most star power out of them clearly if going by her constant quest appearances (Though I'm sad I can't see say, Gilgamesh in Project x Zone 2, possibly.).

On Cress Albane, I actually have been hoping he'd be the other possible Namco-rep if not Valk's gonna make it. Lloyd Irving now being out of the picture (:(), I hope Cress gets to finally appear on a crossover title instead of always being shafted for the protagonists from the later titles (Stahn, Lloyd, Yuri).

KOS-MOS, I dunno if I can consider a suitable candidate - as we already have a Xeno-rep (Shulk) and Xenosaga was on PS2 mainly (not to mention it's mostly been tied on Namdai's own crossovers.)

On Chrom and Lucy, you might have noticed my avatar? As a long-time fan of Chrom and having played Project x Zone while being introduced to many series through it, I'm very stoked and glad to see him appear in such title. Can't wait for the actual release.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I think I discussed Taizo Hori and Klonoa with you above, while also giving thoughts to Lloyd and Heihachi on the OP (Both now Mii Fighter Costumes).

To the other retros, I wouldn't mind them really - but Valk has most star power out of them clearly if going by her constant quest appearances (Though I'm sad I can't see say, Gilgamesh in Project x Zone 2, possibly.).

On Cress Albane, I actually have been hoping he'd be the other possible Namco-rep if not Valk's gonna make it. Lloyd Irving now being out of the picture (:(), I hope Cress gets to finally appear on a crossover title instead of always being shafted for the protagonists from the later titles (Stahn, Lloyd, Yuri).

KOS-MOS, I dunno if I can consider a suitable candidate - as we already have a Xeno-rep (Shulk) and Xenosaga was on PS2 mainly (not to mention it's mostly been tied on Namdai's own crossovers.)

On Chrom and Lucy, you might have noticed my avatar? As a long-time fan of Chrom and having played Project x Zone while being introduced to many series through it, I'm very stoked and glad to see him appear in such title. Can't wait for the actual release.
Oh, OK. Just wanted to be sure. Still, do you think my Namco choices would work in Smash? Including the additional choices I made today of adding Mr. Driller and Tarosuke. Out of curiosity, why can't you see Gil returning fo PXZ2? In the case of Cress, I feel the same way if Valkyrie and Lloyd don't show up. In Lloyd's case, I guess Cress has one more character to go. I also hope he can appear in PXZ2, or SOME crossover soon. Also, Val also seems to show up in nearly EVERY Namco crossover game so far, so it's not far-fetched that she would be the next Namco rep for Smash after all. BTW, you do have a point on KOS-MOS as well, she's not as Nintendo-oriented as one would hope, and again, we sort of have Shulk to more or less represent the Xeno series as a whole, so...you know. As for Chrom and Lucina, they do make sense as the Fire Emblem reps for PXZ2, and hey, it could probably make up for his lack of appearance in Smash as a playable character.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Valkyrie is a definite contender for a possible second Namco rep, if there is one.

With Nintendo getting involved with X Zone 2, it shows continued collaboration between the major companies currently involved in Smash as well.

Valkyrie is heavily supported by Namco, which is seen by the frequency of her guest appearances, perhaps this pushing trend will carry over to Smash.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Valkyrie is a definite contender for a possible second Namco rep, if there is one.

With Nintendo getting involved with X Zone 2, it shows continued collaboration between the major companies currently involved in Smash as well.

Valkyrie is heavily supported by Namco, which is seen by the frequency of her guest appearances, perhaps this pushing trend will carry over to Smash.
Valkyrie really would be a great fit for Smash. Thinking about it now, I think she seems to be treated as the mascot for Namco crossovers these days. She'd definitely be a perfect second Namco rep choice. With PXZ2, it looks like the biggest gaming companies in the world are starting to get REAL chummy with each other these days. I hope you're right about the trend of pushing her in some many crossovers being carried into Smash! It'd be a dream come true!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oh, OK. Just wanted to be sure. Still, do you think my Namco choices would work in Smash? Including the additional choices I made today of adding Mr. Driller and Tarosuke. Out of curiosity, why can't you see Gil returning fo PXZ2? In the case of Cress, I feel the same way if Valkyrie and Lloyd don't show up. In Lloyd's case, I guess Cress has one more character to go. I also hope he can appear in PXZ2, or SOME crossover soon. Also, Val also seems to show up in nearly EVERY Namco crossover game so far, so it's not far-fetched that she would be the next Namco rep for Smash after all. BTW, you do have a point on KOS-MOS as well, she's not as Nintendo-oriented as one would hope, and again, we sort of have Shulk to more or less represent the Xeno series as a whole, so...you know. As for Chrom and Lucina, they do make sense as the Fire Emblem reps for PXZ2, and hey, it could probably make up for his lack of appearance in Smash as a playable character.
Possibly because as of so far, we haven't seen much else retros aside from Valk and Arthur. Unless they pull a fanservice card to N x C-fans and add more fellas from that game, dunno, really.

I think I'd love to see every single one of 'em in worked ins some ways or another (though that asks some creativity on the lesser-known retros for example). Though I might still wish Nintendo + Project x Zone = Project x Zone 3 someday. Would love to see some teamups like Tarosuke + Duck Hunt Dog.

Valkyrie really would be a great fit for Smash. Thinking about it now, I think she seems to be treated as the mascot for Namco crossovers these days. She'd definitely be a perfect second Namco rep choice. With PXZ2, it looks like the biggest gaming companies in the world are starting to get REAL chummy with each other these days. I hope you're right about the trend of pushing her in some many crossovers being carried into Smash! It'd be a dream come true!
I think she's pretty much being the 2nd mascot to Namco, which seems pretty rad. Tho it saddens me that they don't wanna try their hands on a new Valkyrie-game in pretty much ever, but eh, she seems quite a retro star (like Pit).

I quite hope so, hahah! Would be funny how most might take her as "female Link" if never seeing her before. Sorta presuming that to happen.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
User was warned for this post
Possibly because as of so far, we haven't seen much else retros aside from Valk and Arthur. Unless they pull a fanservice card to N x C-fans and add more fellas from that game, dunno, really.

I think I'd love to see every single one of 'em in worked ins some ways or another (though that asks some creativity on the lesser-known retros for example). Though I might still wish Nintendo + Project x Zone = Project x Zone 3 someday. Would love to see some teamups like Tarosuke + Duck Hunt Dog.

I think she's pretty much being the 2nd mascot to Namco, which seems pretty rad. Tho it saddens me that they don't wanna try their hands on a new Valkyrie-game in pretty much ever, but eh, she seems quite a retro star (like Pit).

I quite hope so, hahah! Would be funny how most might take her as "female Link" if never seeing her before. Sorta presuming that to happen.
I would hope that would be the case. Part of the reason I love N x C is because it's a love letter to obscure franchises from BOTH Namco AND Capcom. I mean Dig Dug, Wonder Momo, Bravoman, Baraduke, Burning Force, Lost/Forgotten Worlds, Darkstalkers, The Tower of Druaga, and so much more! That being said, if they could add EVERYONE from the "true" first game in the Namco's x series (Namco x Capcom), I'd be pretty darn hype. At the same time, a PXZ3 would be awesome, especially if Nintendo had more involvement with it as much as Namco, Capcom, and SEGA. I mean Tarosuke AND DH? That'd be beautiful to see!

At this point, she pretty much is. I mean, if she could get more recognition here in the U.S., I'd love that.

------------------------------------------

Well, everyone. Let's hope Val is on Sakurai's radar for next Smash or Smash 4 DLC Don't forget today's the last day for the Smash Ballot.

Hey guys, wanted to mention, in addition to the Namco reps I want above, I'd also take the Sky Kids, Yuichiro and Miyuki from Ordyne and Don-chan from Taiko Master.

Hey, @~ Valkyrie ~, the character boards are closing up soon. If I were you, I'd move this thread here: http://smashboards.com/social-forums/semi-social-all-character-support.1812/

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Valkyrie, I remember playing that on my copy of Namco Museum Volume 5 when I was younger. I still have that copy to this day and would replay the Legend of Valkyrie to beat my original high score. She's a funny character with a great design and charming personality, even Namco loves promoting her in crossovers over any other classic Namco character like Tarosuke or Bravoman. I still remember reading the Valkyrie comics (and her cameo in the Mappy Blanimation cartoon) before ShiftyLook decided to shut themselves down. And how can I forget dressing up my Soul Calibur II main with the Valkyrie costume itself.

Whenever you think about bringing this thread to another place ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ , I would like to be on the support list. I love your name by the way, since it's exactly like her with some of that extra flair to it.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I feel that she would be a perfect fit for Smash as a second Namco character. (I'm still surprised Capcom got a second character instead to be honest)

I wish this game had a rivalry thing going on. Like how PSASBR did. Because if Valkyrie got in, she'd be perfect rival for Palutublahblah. :4palutena:

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Now that you mention it, Paletuna (intentional misspelling) vs Valkyrie would be a great match-up. If only one doesn't destroy her with an island while the other crush her with her sheer weight.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Now i just wish Nintendo would've actually been part of Project X Zone 2 instead of just giving a few guests.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Now i just wish Nintendo would've actually been part of Project X Zone 2 instead of just giving a few guests.
Well, at least there's Project X Zone 3 to th No about for the future. Hopefully.

Also, welcome to the Valk Club AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 . I hope you enjoy thinking about your favorite Namco character being able to face Zelda. :p

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Valkyrie, I remember playing that on my copy of Namco Museum Volume 5 when I was younger. I still have that copy to this day and would replay the Legend of Valkyrie to beat my original high score. She's a funny character with a great design and charming personality, even Namco loves promoting her in crossovers over any other classic Namco character like Tarosuke or Bravoman. I still remember reading the Valkyrie comics (and her cameo in the Mappy Blanimation cartoon) before ShiftyLook decided to shut themselves down. And how can I forget dressing up my Soul Calibur II main with the Valkyrie costume itself.

Whenever you think about bringing this thread to another place ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ , I would like to be on the support list. I love your name by the way, since it's exactly like her with some of that extra flair to it.
Namco does seem to love their Valkyrie crossovers, that much is for sure. I really loved her appearance in Namco x Capcom, due to how, alongside her, MANY obscure Namco series were used in game, like Dig Dug, Bravoman, Wonder Momo, Baraduke, Burning Force, and many more. BTW, you've read the Valkyrie comic before? Say, I don't suppose you know where I can continue to read the Valkyrie comics do you? I've been looking EVERYWHERE for it, after SL shut down, and so far, no dice. I would hope Valkyrie shows up in Smash soon, since she seems to get more crossover appearances than Pac-Man himself these days!

I feel that she would be a perfect fit for Smash as a second Namco character. (I'm still surprised Capcom got a second character instead to be honest)

I wish this game had a rivalry thing going on. Like how PSASBR did. Because if Valkyrie got in, she'd be perfect rival for Palutublahblah. :4palutena:
You're not the only surprised about Capcom's gaining a second character, trust me. Still, I like Ryu, so...
Also, would she be a rival for Palutena or Pit?

Now that you mention it, Paletuna (intentional misspelling) vs Valkyrie would be a great match-up. If only one doesn't destroy her with an island while the other crush her with her sheer weight.
Sheer weight? What on Earth are you....? Oh, right....

Aw, man! So that really is just guest appearances and nothing further? And here I was hoping for Pit, Palutena, Dark Pit, Samus, Captain Falcon, Viridi, Link, and Princess Zelda.:urg:

Well, at least there's Project X Zone 3 to th No about for the future. Hopefully.

Also, welcome to the Valk Club AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 . I hope you enjoy thinking about your favorite Namco character being able to face Zelda. :p
I'm hoping for PXZ3 to be real with more Nintendo characters myself. BTW guys, I beleive I posted a list of Namco characters I like to see in Smash. Tell me what you all think. Fair warning: Namco x Capcom had quite a bit to do with my selection, among other things.

Valkyrie
Bravoman
Wonder Momo
Gilgamesh
Cress
Lloyd
KOS-MOS
Reiji and Xiaomu
Dig-Dug (a.k.a. Taizo Hori)
Mr. Driller(a.k.a. Susumu Hori)
Klonoa
Masuyo Tobi
Hiromi Tengenji
Roger Jr. (Tekken)
Tarosuke
Sky Kids
Yuichiro Tomari and/or Miyuki Chan
Don-chan

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Namco does seem to love their Valkyrie crossovers, that much is for sure. I really loved her appearance in Namco x Capcom, due to how, alongside her, MANY obscure Namco series were used in game, like Dig Dug, Bravoman, Wonder Momo, Baraduke, Burning Force, and many more. BTW, you've read the Valkyrie comic before? Say, I don't suppose you know where I can continue to read the Valkyrie comics do you? I've been looking EVERYWHERE for it, after SL shut down, and so far, no dice. I would hope Valkyrie shows up in Smash soon, since she seems to get more crossover appearances than Pac-Man himself these days!

Sheer weight? What on Earth are you....? Oh, right....

I'm hoping for PXZ3 to be real with more Nintendo characters myself. BTW guys, I beleive I posted a list of Namco characters I like to see in Smash. Tell me what you all think. Fair warning: Namco x Capcom had quite a bit to do with my selection, among other things.

Valkyrie
Bravoman
Wonder Momo
Gilgamesh
Cress
Lloyd
KOS-MOS
Reiji and Xiaomu
Dig-Dug (a.k.a. Taizo Hori)
Mr. Driller(a.k.a. Susumu Hori)
Klonoa
Masuyo Tobi
Hiromi Tengenji
Roger Jr. (Tekken)
Tarosuke
Sky Kids
Yuichiro Tomari and/or Miyuki Chan
Don-chan
Unfortunately, all webcomics that used to be on ShiftyLook are extinct. But Bravoman and Wonder Momo were lucky enough to be picked up by Udon Comics for physical copies. Such a shame that no other company wanted to pick up the others, especially Valkyrie or Sky Kid.

And yeah, I was referring to her crushing Palutena with her rump after using the growth spell. Though Palutena could most likely survive that attack. :laugh:

Your roster for the third game isn't half bad. Bought back the old faces while having some familiar new characters. Don-Chan and Roger Jr. are my favorite choices out of the bunch. Though if I were to add one more character, it would have to be Taira no Kagekiyo from The Heike and the Genji Clans. I mean, it was a shame that a badass samurai ghost was only used in NxC while the lucky pervert Tarosuke returned in PxZ2 by himself. :p

Top Bottom