• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hollow knight characters as dlc?

faf_

Smash Rookie
Hollow knight is my favourite game of all time, and with silksong coming up as well, I think it’s the perfect time for a hollow knight rep in smash. The knight himself is the most obvious choice, though hornet could make it as well, perhaps with a switch mechanic similar to pokemon trainer or Sheik/Zelda in earlier games. Though it’s highly unlikely, I would love Grimm as a character, but even assuming he did make it, he would probably be a switch alongside hornet and the knight rather than a standalone character. Thoughts?

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Grimm being a switch wouldn't make sense at all since he's an entirely separate character.

Hornet is still a possibility since her game is on the horizon, and with her basically being Red in the first game and the main protagonist in the second, I'd say she'd represent the series extremely well.

But not better than The Knight himself, of course. It's the game that made Team Cherry known, and it's one hell of a game. The Knight seems almost tailored for Smash with a diverse arsenal of moves at his expense, and he'd definitely be among the more unique fighters in the game.

Also faf_ faf_ , you should show your support in the support thread for The Knight: https://smashboards.com/threads/the-warrior-from-the-abyss-hollow-knight-breaks-the-seal.458601/

We could use some more supporters.

faf_

Smash Rookie
Grimm being a switch wouldn't make sense at all since he's an entirely separate character.

Hornet is still a possibility since her game is on the horizon, and with her basically being Red in the first game and the main protagonist in the second, I'd say she'd represent the series extremely well.

But not better than The Knight himself, of course. It's the game that made Team Cherry known, and it's one hell of a game. The Knight seems almost tailored for Smash with a diverse arsenal of moves at his expense, and he'd definitely be among the more unique fighters in the game.

Also faf_ faf_ , you should show your support in the support thread for The Knight: https://smashboards.com/threads/the-warrior-from-the-abyss-hollow-knight-breaks-the-seal.458601/

We could use some more supporters.
I understand that Grimm is not too likely, it’s just something I wanted to point out, as I love the character.

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
I’m for having Hornet in the game as a dlc character. She’s good. The main character of Hollow Knight is either neutral or bad, so I’d rather not see him in there. Better to let that game be in the past and focus on the upcoming Hornet game.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
why would having the Knight be bad? If anything you should promote BOTH games, not just Silksong.

D

Deleted member

The knight is a neutral or bad force. Hornet is good. Villainy and neutrality should not be rewarded.
So you're saying because a fictional character is a villain he shouldn't be rewarded with being in smash that makes no sense on so many levels.

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
So you're saying because a fictional character is a villain he shouldn't be rewarded with being in smash that makes no sense on so many levels.
Good people should get in first. Villains are secondary. And since I don’t want two Hollow Knight reps in the game, Hornet should be the one to get in.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Good people should get in first. Villains are secondary. And since I don’t want two Hollow Knight reps in the game, Hornet should be the one to get in.
That's a weird opinion I think villains have better moveset potential overall.

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
That's a weird opinion I think villains have better moveset potential overall.
Villains are good for heroes to go up against. With no heroes from the series, there is an imbalance in favor of villainy. This does not spark joy.

D

Deleted member

Villains are good for heroes to go up against. With no heroes from the series, there is an imbalance in favor of villainy. This does not spark joy.
Can't elaborate on what you mean because I don't know what you're trying to say.

Murder Space Dragon

Smash Cadet
The Knight is definitely not an evil force. It was made with void, but the purpose of The Knight and the other Vessels is to contain the plague. It's a force for good, but only because it was made that way, not because it wants to be.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
I found it odd that lots of people talk about Knight's Soul and their magic saying how they're unique because of it, but doesn't mention Hornet's Silk and her abilities.
Anyways I think we will get some kind of HK content in Smash, whether it's a playable character, Costumes, spirits, etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom