• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Hold This Pose for 40 Seconds: Wii Fit Trainer's Frame Data [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam☆jam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MiracleJeanacle
3DS FC
1032-1249-3789
Thank you for this data! I really like your site. I'm surprised to see that dtilt has a windbox

Style : Balanced / Hit & Run
#JustYogaThings

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Can you explain the relation between BKB and KBG?

It seems like the scale is that 100 is normal amount of KBG? But I'm unsure how to translate KBG into knockback for comparison.

For example, if BKB is 50 and KBG is 100, then at 0%, the knockback should be 50. When your opponent is at 50% or 100%, the overall knockback should be what?

(Of course your opponent's weight has an effect on how far they go, but I assume that effect is proportionately the same at different percents.)

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Can you explain the relation between BKB and KBG?

It seems like the scale is that 100 is normal amount of KBG? But I'm unsure how to translate KBG into knockback for comparison.

For example, if BKB is 50 and KBG is 100, then at 0%, the knockback should be 50. When your opponent is at 50% or 100%, the overall knockback should be what?

(Of course your opponent's weight has an effect on how far they go, but I assume that effect is proportionately the same at different percents.)
The easiest way to explain it is if you have two moves that do 15% damage and say a BKB of 0 but one move has KBG of 100 and the other has a KBG of 150, the move with the KBG of 150 scales 50% faster in relation to the opponents damage % than the move with a KBG of 100.

BKB is added at the end of the KB formula and isn't particularly important in the grand scheme of things, but high BKB with rage does sometimes break some moves to do absurd knockback (150% rage Falcon Side B, Luma's utilt/uair/dair, Lucina's Fsmash etc).

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
The easiest way to explain it is if you have two moves that do 15% damage and say a BKB of 0 but one move has KBG of 100 and the other has a KBG of 150, the move with the KBG of 150 scales 50% faster in relation to the opponents damage % than the move with a KBG of 100.
Yeah, I figured that part out by comparing moves (the ones with significantly less than 100 KBG are the ones that I notice don't become kill moves quickly).

I was just trying to figure out how relevant BKB is by comparison.

I'm mostly interested because when there's another patch, we'll see numbers about damage, BKB and KBG again. WFT got a lot of small buffs to BKB and KBG, but it's not obvious how to translate the numbers into how much better they are. Obviously, I've played with her since the patch and she seems better and I've seen some numbers about when different moves kill compared to before.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Yeah, I figured that part out by comparing moves (the ones with significantly less than 100 KBG are the ones that I notice don't become kill moves quickly).

I was just trying to figure out how relevant BKB is by comparison.

I'm mostly interested because when there's another patch, we'll see numbers about damage, BKB and KBG again. WFT got a lot of small buffs to BKB and KBG, but it's not obvious how to translate the numbers into how much better they are. Obviously, I've played with her since the patch and she seems better and I've seen some numbers about when different moves kill compared to before.
If it helps, things like the +2 to KBG on Wii Fit's aerials probably won't be considered very useful.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
If it helps, things like the +2 to KBG on Wii Fit's aerials probably won't be considered very useful.
Yeah, the most noticeable differences are the moves that had other changes: increased damage, better hitbox, her grabs (the most noticeably helpful change). Well, ok the SS healing buff you notice just because you actually see the number, but it's not obvious when it makes a difference (you'd have to know you would have died if not for that extra 3% healing or what have you).

I don't notice her aerials being significantly better, but from what I've seen elsewhere, the KBG changes mostly mean the affected moves kill 2-3% percent sooner (except dsmash which got a damage buff as well).

After looking into it some more, it seems people think it uses the same formula as Brawl. So you can see why, then, the damage buff is so much more relevant to kill percent, since it's 1.2x more damage as opposed to the KBG buffs which are only like a 1.01x to 1.03x relative increase.

Lakuto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lakutos
What does the FAF mean? I mean what the abbreviation stands for?

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
First actionable frame = first frame where you can perform another move, i.e. when does the move end.

Giganterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Giganterra
So I was TOing at one of my tournaments after the most current patch (August 2015) and a player was using WiiFit because of the new buffs that she had been given. During the Match they switched from female trainer to Male trainer when their opponent counter picked to go to Town & City. The opponent of the Wiifit trainer (they were playing Greninja) said that the Male trainer had a stronger knock back on his Upsmash along with more reach thus they could kill earlier than the Female Wiifit trainer. The Wiifit player nodded in agreement. I was under the impression that it was just a skin swap for the character and nothing changed for Frame data, knock back, or spacing. Was this guy making it up or is there truth to this? I have only ever played the female trainer so didn't know if there even was a difference.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
So I was TOing at one of my tournaments after the most current patch (August 2015) and a player was using WiiFit because of the new buffs that she had been given. During the Match they switched from female trainer to Male trainer when their opponent counter picked to go to Town & City. The opponent of the Wiifit trainer (they were playing Greninja) said that the Male trainer had a stronger knock back on his Upsmash along with more reach thus they could kill earlier than the Female Wiifit trainer. The Wiifit player nodded in agreement. I was under the impression that it was just a skin swap for the character and nothing changed for Frame data, knock back, or spacing. Was this guy making it up or is there truth to this? I have only ever played the female trainer so didn't know if there even was a difference.
No. It's the same character.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
And also we have "word of god" because Sakurai explicitly stated on Miiverse and in columns/interviews that characters on the same CSS slot are exactly the same. And in fact, that the Smash 4 clones originated because getting rid of the tipper for Lucina meant she didn't play identically to Marth, and characters on the same slot must play identically.

So you don't need to worry about Bowser Jr and the Koopalings, Olimar and Alph, or the male and female Villagers either: they're all gameplay equivalent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom