• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hold Still and Lemme Shoot Ya! - Falco Video Archive [6.0]

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
you play like youve never seen a good ic player before.

when you get separation, kill the nana, dont go after the popo. the popo is controlled by the player and can react to you to defend himself. the nana will mindlessly wander into any smash attack you charge in front of her.

also, dont drop the CGs. when you get it right, the nana will run into the down throw lasers and get blown back. that is important. because of that you get great separation. so its vital that you nail the CG and not miss the spike at the end, ESPECIALLY if its offstage. if you spike the popo wait until the nana goes offstage and spike her. if you spike the nana, she cant cancel the meteor so all you have to do is occupy the popo because she wont get back on her own.

allys ICs were super unsafe in game2 and you didnt punish good enough for it.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
I've never played a good ICs actually xD

Just one MM vs Istud 2 years ago when he played them lol, noone in this country plays them ( and is good with them).

He kinda got everyone off guard at the tourney going almost full climbers lol.

Wish I had the vids from the tourney or my MM vs leon but nothing was recorded, doubt I've ever played better than those matches in a good time ._.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Marc, don't be afraid to get in IC's face. It's much more rewarding than camping them out most of the time. You're not dishing out the damage that way (considering how nana might take the hits instead which deals 0 damage to the actual character). You practically just let them take momentum. But, I used to play scared in that MU too and would just go MK... well I still go MK but yeah lol.

In this MU, you need to grab them A LOT to separate them. IC's LOVE to shield approach Falco, take advantage of that. If they spotdodge, just Jab. Side B works too but it's very punishable. Sometimes they like to just throw out an uptilt just to see if you'll fall for it.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
So sorry to say this but I lost to Nick Riddle on japes. Video will be up soon. I missed the grab that would win me the game.... = (

swordsaint

Smash Master
why the hell is this being used as a critique thread and not the...ya know...critique thread...where I put some videos...

Two-Ell

Smash Master
you know, you guys should make this place double as the critique thread. It saves videos being posted twice and ensure this thread's activity. The OP can decide if a video is exemplary enough to be added to the front.

The Peach boards did this. It just makes sense to do that if you think about it. Post a video and if you want a critique on it just ask in the same post.

:rosalina:

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
you know, you guys should make this place double as the critique thread. It saves videos being posted twice and ensure this thread's activity. The OP can decide if a video is exemplary enough to be added to the front.

The Peach boards did this. It just makes sense to do that if you think about it. Post a video and if you want a critique on it just ask in the same post.

You're not a Falco main. Why are you talking?

dumb *****

swordsaint

Smash Master
Well, my issue with your logic is that it almost always assumes that everyone who wants critique wants their videos on the OP. I took all my videos down from here because they were both outdated and I left tournaments for almost 9 months. I don't want some sort of compendium of my own videos, but i'll post them here for critique if thats what's necessary.

Vs ZXV (Marth/Snake) LS

Vs Shaya (Marth) LF

vs Ted (Wario) WF
vs Ted (Wario) GF

Just to point out, I hadn't been to a tournament in a good 8-9 months before this tournament here.

one more from a different tournament.
Vs Apollo (ZSS)

Two-Ell

Smash Master
not really, we assume almost the opposite actually. We don't hold much care for getting our videos up front as we do learning what we can from our peers. If someone does happen to want their vid up front they would state that they feel it acts as a valuable example of how a particular MU is approached.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Viper, thanks for the ZSS vids. I lost to one last weekend after beating his MK. I think I was just too aggressive because I felt pressured when I was too close to the edge when I shouldn't have been. Should've been less afraid of being near the edge and more confident in my ability to not **** up and get SideB'd. It's supposed to be her worst match-up, but hell if I know it.

Anyway, I plan on uploading the match in the critique thread when I get sent the replay, but it's good to see another take on it.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Viper, thanks for the ZSS vids. I lost to one last weekend after beating his MK. I think I was just too aggressive because I felt pressured when I was too close to the edge when I shouldn't have been. Should've been less afraid of being near the edge and more confident in my ability to not **** up and get SideB'd. It's supposed to be her worst match-up, but hell if I know it.

Anyway, I plan on uploading the match in the critique thread when I get sent the replay, but it's good to see another take on it.
No problem i know the ZSS mu rather well. My old Room mate Mink alts her. In the first game
i was not prepared for his style and he ***** me.

Game 2 is a master piece.

and in Game 3 HRNUT turned up the heat/ i blew it. its a good set.

falco can really **** on ZSS. her recovery is easy for us to beat just react. and if you see that she is going for the ledge with the wip just fall off and bair it will mess her up. Also we dominate up close. I like to hold my shield in this mu since her grab is very risky and many zss will not chose to grab. there is tons of stuff when you upload your vids i will go over them.

M@v

Subarashii!
Yeah...I was cringing a bit during that set. A lot of times I thought you were going to do something that worked, you didn't and got punished D:

Also thats why I only listen to myself, unless its some sort of tech talk(ex. X combo is guaranteed on Y character). Never change my playstyle for someone else though.

Top Bottom