• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hocotate meets Koppai! +1

Beanie!

Smash Cadet
NNID
ItMeBeanie
3DS FC
0232-8522-8662
Hello other Olimars! I feel dirty for being a bit unfaithful to Olimar but he's always gonna be around in my book.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Hello all. Stopping by to express my support for the growing Olimar meta... As Olimar's always a good go-to zoner.

:)

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Olimar is really rad - in the last two tournaments I went to recently, I took First place (winning $50 yah buddy) in one and placed Top 8 in the other. I need to get better at stage striking for Olimar, since that's what did me in at the last tournament. Castle Siege screwed me over, but I think it was more my unfamiliarity to playing on it.

I need to really experiment with Custom Moves for Olimar, as my State is looking like it's adopting them. Sticky Pikmin/Order Tackle is looking really appealing!

Angbad

Smash Ace
NNID
Angbad
Olimar is really rad - in the last two tournaments I went to recently, I took First place (winning $50 yah buddy) in one and placed Top 8 in the other. I need to get better at stage striking for Olimar, since that's what did me in at the last tournament. Castle Siege screwed me over, but I think it was more my unfamiliarity to playing on it.

I need to really experiment with Custom Moves for Olimar, as my State is looking like it's adopting them. Sticky Pikmin/Order Tackle is looking really appealing!
Hmm I think Castle Siege is our best stage haha. What character took you there?

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Hmm I think Castle Siege is our best stage haha. What character took you there?
I actually took Ness there haha. Two stocked their Falco Game 1, lost vs Ness slightly on Battlefield, and then I CP'd Castle Siege and got BOPPED. I haven't made a point to learn that stage as Olimar, but I think I'm about to. I always avoided it as G&W in Brawl.

Angbad

Smash Ace
NNID
Angbad
I actually took Ness there haha. Two stocked their Falco Game 1, lost vs Ness slightly on Battlefield, and then I CP'd Castle Siege and got BOPPED. I haven't made a point to learn that stage as Olimar, but I think I'm about to. I always avoided it as G&W in Brawl.

Yeah learn it and abuse the 2nd transition! It's my favorite stage for sure

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
What do you mean? Most of the stuff from Cali is uploaded on showdowngg which is where Soulimar's footage is from along with Rice, the best, known Dr. Mario, and Kronos is a Mega Man player whose footage is also on there.
I'm referring to SoCal being the strongest region. I disagree with them being the strongest.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Tyrant, M2K, Larry Lurr, ZeRo and Zex, in addition to others. Like I said, arguably the best.
Don't count ZeRo as SoCal since he travel so much, but you seem to sleep on Tristate who has Dabuz, 6WX, False, Anti, and Nakat. Florida has Me, MVD, Nick Riddle, Static Manny, 8bitman (Top Rob), and Phuzix (Sheik who placed 25th at Apex). Both regions I listed from I could probably list some more players as well. I have yet to see why you put SoCal above others.

Don't even get me started on Japan.

Last edited:

Angbad

Smash Ace
NNID
Angbad
Don't count ZeRo as SoCal since he travel so much, but you seem to sleep on Tristate who has Dabuz, 6WX, False, Anti, and Nakat. Florida has Me, MVD, Nick Riddle, Static Manny, 8bitman (Top Rob), and Phuzix (Sheik who placed 25th at Apex). Both regions I listed from I could probably list some more players as well. I have yet to see why you put SoCal above others.

I don't even think Japan>SoCal Larry was beating all of them at Apex. But if we're just going off top players I still think SoCal wins, but also as like a scene we are almost for sure the strongest in terms of average skill level.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Linking SoCal's PR isn't gonna prove much. You can have some decent players, but I wouldn't put more than 4 or 5 who would stand up to the other tops players from Florida and Tristate.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Apex results can mean something, but at the same time some of those wave 2 pools were definitely harder than others. Kinda hard to get an accurate reading based off of that.

Kronos2560

Smash Apprentice

Eh, I don't know most of those players, and I have no interest in johning for a region I don't even represent. All I can say is crew battle hypeeeee!

I'm a Norcal player. Most of our region is starting from scratch, and we're working on leveling up with our (highly) active scene, but as of right now, the only players I've really heard of outside of (Dabuz, 6WX, False, Anti, NAKAT, Boss, Static Manny, Mr. R and JPN players) have all been from, or lived in Socal. So I only know what I've been exposed to.

And I mean no disrespect, but I haven't even heard of you, but I'd like to see your stuff because I want to be exposed to more Olimar play.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Eh, I don't know most of those players, and I have no interest in johning for a region I don't even represent. All I can say is crew battle hypeeeee!

I'm a Norcal player. Most of our region is starting from scratch, and we're working on leveling up with our (highly) active scene, but as of right now, the only players I've really heard of outside of (Dabuz, 6WX, False, Anti, NAKAT, Boss, Static Manny, Mr. R and JPN players) have all been from, or lived in Socal. So I only know what I've been exposed to.

And I mean no disrespect, but I haven't even heard of you, but I'd like to see your stuff because I want to be exposed to more Olimar play.
I'm one of the top Olimar players in the country, and have been developing this characters meta since 3ds launch in the US. I got 33rd at Apex, taking Dabuz to last hit game 3 in pools. I got 5th at Paragon, 4th at Tampa Never Sleeps (A 170 person Florida tournament), and I place about top 3 in every region in Florida I go to pretty much only losing to Static Manny, Nick Riddle, or MVD all of which I take sets off of just like they do to me. I also frequently discuss Olimar tech with Rich Brown and Dabuz. So there's a quick rundown of what I've done/do. I'm a very prominent player, and I'm not sure how we can really debate any region topics when you aren't the most well versed in a lot of players or regions. (Hoping that didn't come off as rude, wasn't meant that way.)

Last edited:

Kronos2560

Smash Apprentice
I'm one of the top Olimar players in the country, and have been developing this characters meta since 3ds launch in the US. I got 33rd at Apex, taking Dabuz to last hit game 3 in pools. I got 5th at Paragon, 4th at Tampa Never Sleeps (A 170 person Florida tournament), and I place about top 3 in every region in Florida I go to pretty much only losing to Static Manny, Nick Riddle, or MVD all of which I take sets off of just like they do to me. I also frequently discuss Olimar tech with Rich Brown and Dabuz. So there's a quick rundown of what I've done/do. I'm a very prominent player, and I'm not sure how we can really debate any region topics when you aren't the most well versed in a lot of players or regions. (Hoping that didn't come off as rude, wasn't meant that way.)
I'm definitely with you, and no offense taken. That's a good enough resume for me. Lol. I'm not too concerned with regions outside my own anyway. I'm just concerned with trying to become one of the better players in my region, and stay on the PR, which is difficult considering Norcal is extremely competitive among eachother, nobody overwhelmingly prominent plays my character, and this is my first smash game.

Let's drop the argument, and hope that someday we can get some games in at a major someday :)

Rust

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rustic
Hallo. I am Rust. Some people may remember me, but it'll probably only be Hilt (sup, Hilt). Been lurking a bit, planning on getting back into the game after a few year hiatus at the end of Brawl but I'm terrible at communication so I'll just introduce myself here like a bull in a china shop and hopefully stick around. Maimed Olimar in Brawl since Summer of 08 and while it's all relative I probably could have been power ranked in Florida had I kept it up and didn't have travel johns keeping me from going and getting more offline experience. Tried maining Bowser in Sm4sh but I'm back to Olimar. Won a couple local tournaments but most of the players where I'm at are melee players so I don't count that too highly. And now I'm here. If I don't come back, then my bad =<

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
Hey guys, I just want to share my progress with you.
I don't have the brackets of my first tournament, but I finished like last because I didn't win a single set.
Last saturday 21th, I went to my second tournament and finished 5 of 13 ^^.
1: OCP | Dual
2: TLT| Piña
3: TLT| Balor
4: TEW|EBS| ZtaG de Cartón
5: EBS| Ferna de Cartón
5: Koken
Bracket

The_Paradiddler

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 2397 7602 9504
Hi there! Sonic main here looking for practice against olimar!

If anyone would like to do some friendlies, my NNID is Paradiddler

Blue Banana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
2ndDerivative
3DS FC
4038-6328-0283
I went to my first tournament tonight: the first of a (hopefully) weekly series at my university. I got 3rd out of 10 entrants.
These how my matches went:
  • Defeated an Ike in starting round, 2-0. Not a lot to say about it.
  • Knocked into losers by a Luigi in winners round 1, 1-2. I had a bit of trouble with his fairly fast attacks and low endlag that cost me the round.
  • Defeated a Bowser Jr. in losers round 1, 2-0. Not sure of the score or if the opponent switched characters in the 2nd round.
  • Defeated a DK in losers round 2, 2-1 or 2-0. Not sure of the score, but I do remember gimping DK out of his 2nd stock with one hit from nair on Smashville when he was recovering with up B. I never expected that to happen, to say the least.
  • Defeated a different Luigi in losers round 3, 2-0. Learned what to expect from winners and applied it here, though this player didn't do the more deadly combos that he is capable of unlike the first Luigi (D-throw into tornado or SJP).
  • Defeated a PAC-MAN/Sheik in losers semis, 2-0. My opponent knocked out the Luigi that knocked me into losers out of the tournament the match before me. The PAC-MAN player very frequently drops hydrants from above during the first round on Smashville, but I KO'd his 2nd stock by knocking the hydrant into him. I remember KO'ing Sheik's 2nd stock very early on Delfino during the plaza walkoff section on the stage.
  • Lost to a Peach main in losers finals, 0-3, who went on to win grand finals. It was a bad matchup and a formidable opponent (as in, lots of experience in tournaments), so I wasn't surprised with the outcome. I was starting to get a feel on what to do with the matchup, though.
I noticed that Delfino Plaza and Halberd are the two choices for counterpicks when I won the stage. I usually strike out BF and either Halberd or Town and City.
Overall, I think this is a good result for a first, albeit small, tournament, especially when I don't have the time to play Smash Bros. as much as I want to.

Last edited:

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
Maybe we should put it out there more so people actually know about it.
My Skype username is Nominate10.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Figured I'd go to the social threads and post my silhouettes!

Blue Banana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
2ndDerivative
3DS FC
4038-6328-0283
Got knocked out in the first round of this week's weekly tournament, haha. Oh well. Played a Falcon 1-2 and a Luigi in losers 1-2.

I'd post the Challonge link, but it has my university's name for the event name, which I'd rather not show.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Alright going to start adding people to the Olimar skype group. Drop those Skype names so I can add ya.

-The Gucci Fairy-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Risingthunder55
Alright going to start adding people to the Olimar skype group. Drop those Skype names so I can add ya.

Myran my skype is
*facebook:juan.posadas* I literally just remade mine now...

Last edited:

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
Hey all, just a random support/keep your spirits up! I played Olimar a bit more in Brawl, and can feel quite a bit of differences.

I really wish the Super Armor in his Down B had more priority since he only gets the 3 Pikman now.

O.k, stay strong all!

Freezie KO

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes I just love this character. I was playing a DDD on For Glory. I pretty much combo'ed him through his first stock without taking much damage. Then he started making a decent comeback by going off the ledge to get me.

He went off once and took my first stock. It was clear that the momentum was shifting, and both he and I knew it. He went off again, and hammered me. Eventually he evened up the score at around 75% each. I felt the match was pretty much gone. He was just reading all my movement, and out spacing me with that big hammer.

He gets me off stage when I have one pikmin - a single blue. My double jump is gone. He goes deep for a third time, sure of the kill. But he gets a little greedy and part of his hurtbox is within range. As I float back to the stage, I whip out my one blue pikmin into a hail mary dair. The spike and the game were mine.

After, he just changes his tag to "BRO" to which I give a hearty "LOL" and "Good Games". After a few more (and more definitive) victories, he changes to "TooGood." Thanks, Olimar. Thanks, single blue pikmin.

Last edited:

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
Michigan just released our first PR for Smash 4. Thought I'd share with you guys.

Coming in at #9, it's not as high as I'd like to be, but I'm glad I made it on regardless. Besides, I have close sets with (and sometimes beat) all the players in the 4-8 range. Gonna be shooting for higher next season!

Kon

Smash Journeyman
A skype group for olimar mains sounds great. You'll find me as k0nline (with the same ava as here at smashboards)

Blue Banana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
2ndDerivative
3DS FC
4038-6328-0283
Username is nthderivativeofbanana.

There has been no activity in the sub-forum for the past few days. Are people busy with things, or is there not a lot to discuss about?

Top Bottom