• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 39: Road to WHOBO event #1! - March 9th, 2013 - Houston, Tx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Nah son, you saw it last time you came through wasn't too bad. Plus Asa=Hitler when it comes to keeping most of it clean nowadays. The worst you'll see is my clothes in my room from working XD

Anyway, everyone is welcome in my house, I offer free housing like always. If you need to be picked up from a Megabus stop be sure to contact me (Denti and Dakpo already talked to me). I can house as long as you'd like just in case you bought like Monday return Megabus tickets because of prices, I understand. People coming will need to bring their own blanket/pillow/sleeping bag because I don't have too many extras. Just be respectful and don't be super loud, ESPECIALLY if you're on the second floor, I have neighbors that won't appreciate it at all. Also, I don't have extra towels and not that much shampoo/soap so if you want to not be stinky, bring that too lol.

To contact me about housing you can call/text 713-201-8338 or just PM or post in this thread. I look forward to an awesome HOBO!

P.S. We're having a preHOBO poker game starting around 5pm so if you want in let me know and I'll invite you to the FB event for more info.

Tesh

Smash Hero
There is also a FANTASTIC pizza place nearby. Don't eat before you show up.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Bringing Eric and his roommate with me Friday. Not sure when we'll be there though. Probably in time to go grab a late supper.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
ERIC IS COMING!!???

notcaps
I tale that back. Earlier this week he had sounded like he was going, but he just texted me tonight and said he wasn't sure if he took off for Friday so it's a maybe, some thing with his roomie. So I might just becoming on my own. Hopefully not, but he said he'd keep me posted.

sorryforthefailhype

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
my work is being pretty anal about asking off the day before spring break, BUT, I will see if I can get something worked out, maybe at worse case scenario, see if I can just come saturday morning. If I don't make it in time for tourney it's w/e, but I'd probably like to stay for a few days after if it's ok.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Yea see if you can get here zano. I'm pretty sure sync will house you. He's been housing an OOS player for 8 months now so a few days shouldn't be too bad I would think.

Tesh, what is the name of that pizza place? Pizza sounds really good.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592

team with kilik anyways mocha. he's like 80,000 better at dubz than diska. u usually carry him unnaturally hard

Diska is better in Singles than Doubles, and he hasn't played Brawl since like, last Whobo 4. I'm rusty myself, so I'm not sure about who will be carrying who tbh. And I haven't teamed with a decent Sheik before. We'll see how it goes lol

Igetitpoppin01

Smash Apprentice
Might not be able to make it anymore, my family is trying to head over to England for Spring break and well... can't say NO to that ****, England>Hobo.

Xyro77

Ask them if you could take a flight/canoe the day after HOBO. If not, F you.

Igetitpoppin01

Smash Apprentice
I did but apparently, the flight is only available on Friday. However it is not 100% confirmed since it was a very sudden desicion, so we'll c.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Dang, these tournament threads get pretty depressing in the last week don't they...

Tesh

Smash Hero
Thats not a half bad idea, Fox and Sonic is a broken mid tier team (fox doesn't really belong in mid tier imo). That speed, that power, that resilience.

Mid Tier teams should be hype.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Yes. I know he's coming for sure. Erick is going to try and work around his schedule Friday so he can make it. I'm not sure how late I'll be arriving in Huston. I'd like to Sync's place by 7 or 8, no later than 10, especially since I'll be doing the driving.

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
Thats not a half bad idea, Fox and Sonic is a broken mid tier team (fox doesn't really belong in mid tier imo). That speed, that power, that resilience.

Mid Tier teams should be hype.
Tesh, that's just the tip of the iceberg, the shield stun would be immense, the grab combos would be glorious. Sonic Fthrow->Fox dair usmash, Fox Uthrow -> Sonic Bair etc;

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm sorry, but you don't combo into Sonic's garbage moveset. You combo out of it...

Xyro77

Dude blondie im glad you are coming. if possible, would you guys bring a full set-up?

btw, who is recording matches at HOBO and can get them online? i need a few matches online asap after this event.

Tesh

Smash Hero
RT and I are always recording right? I thought we might do the alabama smash league thing at this event though (but without forced replays imo, its such a glitchty process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom