• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 39: Road to WHOBO event #1! - March 9th, 2013 - Houston, Tx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igetitpoppin01

Smash Apprentice
Yeah that **** is hard to do for too long, it is like continious hard core all the way fap for 16 mins.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
actually there is a way you can do idc with a slow rhythmic up tap if you hit another attack button (like z) during the tapping so all the tech skill is taken out

Dnyce

Smash Master
Or you just use wiimote-nunchuck, set up on the dpad to smash.

Anyway, I won't be going. I might accidentally pluck too many purple pikmin or something and be DQ'd by the TO's pocket rule-set.

There's also no suicide rule, other than a brief mention in the second LGL sub-clause.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
It's always a gamble going to HOBOs. I could DQ you if your hairstyle is better than mine. Pocket rules keep the bad guys away and lets the innocent happy funny loving good kids play.

Edit: dude, are u seriously upset that I didn't include the IDC rule? Does it really bother you that bad?
:phone:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Gonna have to fight me to make it to top 10. Btw, my TL is not even the best among my fellow Tinks. So if you can make it past me, you deserve to make top 10.

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
Ok, turns out i gotta take my car to this(its smaller than my friends) but if my tv fits in the trunk we will have at least 1 setup.

Tesh

Smash Hero
^Still awesome, its rare for OoS to bring setups. This tournament should do well on setups, especially if a couple of OoC cars bring a TV.

Xyro has a handful of TVs and so does Sync, but I'm pretty sure they both only have 1 wii setup so everyone make sure you at least bring wiis.

I'm be shocked if Dakpo doesn't hard carry someone to the top of mid tier dubs.

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
I live in tyler... but still a 4 hour drive is nothing to laugh at. And just talked to my friend, i can take his car. This means i can bring 2 setups.

Xyro77

If I alone could beat everyone in their city but one player, just think what someone slightly better than me could do? Then think what Gnes razer dojo Trela could do? LMAO.

Tyler is dead!

Labernash

Smash Lord
Xyro, let's hope you beat at least one of the folks from Tyler coming to this. Me, Tawko and icecream won't be here. But if you lose to Psychoace and Rave, don't bother with me or Mini, you'd lose your money guaranteed. If you beat Mini, you MIGHT have a shot at taking one or two stocks off me. Fingers crossed.

Tyler > Houston just send out your best to begin with, save some time and your embarrassment.

Xyro77

Who do the two players from Tyler use?

I can literally tell you how many stocks I'll have left over based off that info.

since

Smash Journeyman
Leaf is going to this.
And bringing a car full of Dayton scrubs.
And a setup.
And several $5 bills.

He wants to money match every player from Tyler, Slush, Kilik, P4 if he still plays, Xyro if he plays, pretty much anyone coming from out of the state, and probably a few more. I don't remember all of them.

Labernash

Smash Lord
@P4 $20 MM

@Sync $10 vs your Mario

@Xyro Psychoace is MK/Falcon and he might only go Falcon to be nice. After he loses, he'll go MK and beat you. Rave uses Ike/Lucario. Mini uses Olimar.

@leaf you can get a taste of the crew battle, have fun.

Xyro77

Ok yea I will literally 4 stock each one of them except mini. Olimar is pretty much and 80-20 **** fest.

since

Smash Journeyman
Also, did anyone else notice how it's HOBO 39, and it's being held on 3-9-2013?

Labernash

Smash Lord
@Xyro I can't wait for you to get fsmashed by Rave yumyum I JV 4stocked a lvl 3 Samus now I know I'll beat you.

@P4 Nope, not this time. I MIGHT be at first and second Dallas LSC and second Houston. I'll be at Tyler, too. C'mere you could cover your gas payment with the winnings, right??

@Sync MM me come to Tyler scrub. I'm sure one of few going will take you up on that, free money is free money.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Lmao you're gonna talk **** and not even go to the event? Trash.

If I do going to an event you're at, we'll mm. But I still don't get why you're not willing to come to Houston.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Work on the date of this particular event. Otherwise I'd take your money, sure.

I send out three of the Elite Four to you, Houston. If you take them, come fight the forth and then you might be lucky enough to have a chance to witness my power, Tyler's Champion, Texas' redeemer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom