• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 38: The final HOBO! 1000$ pot bonus. FULL RESULTS ARE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

HOBO 38 was held at ComicPalooza(comic con type thingy) here in Houston Tx on May 26th 2012. A 1000$ bot bonus was present/distributed and only 30 people showed up.........This HOBO was the final HOBO. My ship has been taking on water for months and now its time to give her the rest she deserves and allow my sweet sweet HOBO to sink into das watery grave.

*LIVE footage of Xyro and his sinking HOBO ship in their final moments!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFG6KAd2ITI&t=0m15s *​

2vs2

1: Dojo+Trela==:metaknight:+:lucario:
2: UltimateRazer+Gnes==:snake:+:diddy:
3: PJ+Pwii==:toonlink:+:metaknight:
4: Jerm+Sync==:toonlink:+:metaknight:
5: RoyR+Fliphop==:marth:+:diddy:
5: Infern+YbM==:snake:+:kirby2:
7: Bio+Tesh==:zerosuitsamus:+:sonic:/:metaknight:

1vs1 PRO

1: Razer==:snake:
2: Trela==:lucario:
3: Gnes=:diddy:
4: Pwii==:metaknight:
5: YbM==:zerosuitsamus:/:kirby2:
5: Jerm==:toonlink:
7: FlipHop==:diddy:
7: Dojo==:metaknight:
9: ALSM==:metaknight:
9: Infern==:snake:
9: Jnig==:wario:
9: Uber==:dedede:
13: Pj==:toonlink:
13: RoyR==:marth:

1vs1 AM

1: Bio==:zerosuitsamus:
2: Sync==:metaknight:
3: Day==:metaknight:/:kirby2:
4: P4==:metaknight:
5: Xyro==:samus2:
5: BSP==:sonic:
7: Fernando==:popo:
7: Tesh==:sonic:
9: Michael==????
9: Papin==:random:
9: Izz==????
9: DAwesme==????
13: Sam==????
13: Kid==????
13: Arthur==????
13: Down Ta Heck==:bowser2:

Xyro77

If i messed up any character, please tell me. AM characters need to be filled in so please help me out there.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Bracket?
Also, despite only going to a few HOBOs... this series had a good run. Glad I didn't spend almost $70 for a 30 man tournament, but I'm definitely gonna at least go to the last WHOBO.

Ship had a good run, last tournament shall be on the lifeboats as we silently wait for death.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Nah, it's just that this HOBO was priced insanely high.
Even to enter : (

-Ran

Smash Master
This HOBO was the final HOBO. My ship has been taking on water for months and now its time to give her the rest she deserves and allow my sweet sweet HOBO to sink into das watery grave.
:( :( :( And I missed it. :( :( :(

Does that mean Whobo is the end of the line? Suddenly I have to try to take off work and come...

Labernash

Smash Lord
Y.b.M. THE ALMIGHTY!!!!!! That's what I'm talking about!!!

Jnig be slacking. Lololol, stacked bracket imo. You're still improving!

Good stuff ALSM for carpooling out here, you have produced POWER!!!!

Good stuff whoever Day is for using Kirby.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Played sooo bad in pools. D:

Next time...redemption!

Congrats to YbM. Nice meeting everyone as well!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Great job to Dojo and Trela in doubles!

Who is Town Da Heck?

:phone:

Xyro77

Who is Town Da Heck?

He is a bowser main from El Paso. He doesnt know about AiB or SWF so that tells you a little about him. Very very nice guy but after i 3 stocked him with samus he said i was a hacker, i cheated and that this game sucks. Im GUESSING he didnt have fun at HOBO 38. Not positive though.

BioDG

Smash Ace
He seemed new to brawl tournaments. Not sure if he'd keep coming back since he kept complaining in our set. :[

BioDG

Smash Ace
Day is from Louisiana, I believe. His Kirby/MK are great.

Xyro: Izz went Link. That's all I know, though.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
GGs to everyone I played! ^_^

Driving to Houston in one straight shot overnight kinda took a lot out of me. :(

Sync, I guess our MM wasn't fated to happen that day, lol. Soooooooo many interuptions; we never even got through the first stock.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Good stuff, guys. Especially you BSP, you did great.

And bio, I know we played each other last time on wifi (which sucked), and I gotta say, congrats on winning amateurs.

He is a bowser main from El Paso. He doesnt know about AiB or SWF so that tells you a little about him. Very very nice guy but after i 3 stocked him with samus he said i was a hacker, i cheated and that this game sucks. Im GUESSING he didnt have fun at HOBO 38. Not positive though.
I'm sorry, but how old is he?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
That's a shame. If he comes to WHOBO, I'd like to give him some pointers.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Good games guys.

Did well, need to learn matchups (probably won't).

Did some marvel too. I'm happy.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
So after this last HOBO, no more Houston tournaments? Or will the Battle Network tournament series continue as the main Houston tourney?

I ask because I would like to continue to play you guys, seeing as almost no one travels to our DFW tourneys anymore. Houston still is the best city by far in Texas.

BSP

Smash Legend
**** Texas and I hate all of you. I'm quitting

....Real talk though, I'm glad I came out even though I got my *** kicked lol. Quitting is the last thing on my mind; I'm going to get good enough to hang with you guys. Don't know when, but it's going to happen.

And I had no idea this was the last HOBO...glad I made it then. Thanks to Jnig for driving us, and thanks to Sync for housing again.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Shoutouts to Bio, the man did work.

So after this last HOBO, no more Houston tournaments? Or will the Battle Network tournament series continue as the main Houston tourney?

I ask because I would like to continue to play you guys, seeing as almost no one travels to our DFW tourneys anymore. Houston still is the best city by far in Texas.

Sync will keep running tourneys...for now.

Top Bottom