• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 33: Lone Star circuit Event #5: Road to Apex 2012! FULL RESULTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
^lmaooooo, zigsta's shoutouts were pretty good

thanks d00d

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Apparently, there was only one match saved from Razer v. Vinnie. I'm assuming the others weren't saved because SOMEONE (A.K.A. tofer and/or Mike2) didn't load through Homebrew and the others went over 3 minutes. :glare:

Would have been uploaded yesterday, but I was too lazy to load it normally to record that one match.
Shoutouts later, BTW.

z00ted

Also, Zigsta I think the :bowser2: matchup is like -3 for him.

The biggest problem that I notice when I compare with how you played Saturday and back when we used to practice the matchup all the time is you're trying to attack Peach too often now.

Your character can't afford to take like any risks because of your weight and stature. Especially against any Peach that has her combo game down. Your fortress against my dair is still working pretty well, but sometimes I think you should just retreat the situation entirely because the risk is too high and the reward isn't that great. Try sitting back and just waiting to punish my mistakes, especially my rolling/shielding habit with the Bowser Claw because you're really good at that. Battlefield is definitely the best neutral to take me to because your vertical killing moves are pretty scary against Peach due to my terrible airdodge and the platforms just get in the way.

You should also try catching my turnips sometimes. I haven't seen you do it once yet, but if you do it could really open up a lot more options. Don't forward smash as often as you have been doing, go for more f-tilts or d-tilts (I think d-tilt killed me twice this past weeked) both of those moves are pretty good at predicting Peach's landing after she floats and are fairly quick.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, you're doing too many laggy moves.
When you play a Peach with any large character you want to get in and get out.
You'll definitely get it back though, I have faith.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Thanks, Illmatic. I really appreciate it.

And YES, Polt's sister is off the charts.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
i WANT PICS OF POLTERGUSTS MEGA HOT SISTER SO I CAN HANG THEM UP ON MY WALL CAUSE POLTERGUST IS THE BEST YOSHI AND IM SURE HIS SIS IS THE BEST SEX MACHINE IN THIS GALAXY SO PLEASE GIMMI PIX OR I WILL POOP IN YOUR SOUP

Mike2

Smash Ace
Apparently, there was only one match saved from Razer v. Vinnie. I'm assuming the others weren't saved because SOMEONE (A.K.A. tofer and/or Mike2) didn't load through Homebrew and the others went over 3 minutes. :glare:

Would have been uploaded yesterday, but I was too lazy to load it normally to record that one match.
Shoutouts later, BTW.
Screw you I didn't turn it on. Thanks for that though.

Polt has a hot sister??

:phone:
She looks nothing like him, apparently.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I would of went all CAPTAIN FALCON but I didn't get a chance to go.

No i'm not dead, just I'm having to really work a lot more than usual.

You'll more than likely see me next time since there's no big anime conventions and whatnot.

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts

1: UltimateRazer: I will ask for friendlies a lot earlier next time. Good job taking 1st, but your reign of terror will come to an end soon.
2: Gnes: You're an amazing player and very fun to watch. Keep up the good work.
3: Vinnie: Thanks for coming down all the way to Texas. You will be the one to change top 2 when you come back again. Keep working on those ICs
4: Denti: Your side event idea is grape. Good job on defeating Trela and placing high.
5: ALSM: You played a smart Mk and it paid off big time for you. Congrats on taking out some top names.
5: K Prime: I'm so proud of you! Good stuff defeating Trela and leveling your pikachu.
7: Poltergust: You shook that rust off might fast. Good job on letting everyone know you're still a force to be reckoned with
7: Jerm: Ok Computer though
9: Illmatic: Friendlies next time freech, we never get to play.
9: Jnig: Good stuff vs. Espy. Wish I coulda played you.
9: Trela: Everyone has bad days, just keep your chin up buddy.
13: Leaf: MM me instead of Clover next time.
13: Espy: I was disappointed losing to you, but I had fun in our set.
13: Megafox: You controlled the pace of the game, and I just couldn't keep up. Hopefully I can give you a better fight next time.
13: Nike: Didn't get to talk to you much this event. Isad
17: Sync: Thanks for hosting this toruney. You will get em' next time bud. Maybe the stress got to you in tourney. I hope we get to play next time!
17: Paw: Stop declining to play with me Alfred.
17: Sky Pirate: 47 sec = 3 stocks from Olimar :)
17: Zori: I'm scared of your char.
17: PJ: Good job in doubles! MM next time
17: Slush: You've improved a lot. Keep up the good work.
25: Zigsta: You truly have gotten a lot better since the break. It was nice hanging out with you this weekend.
25: Mike2: Get Iced again and again!
25: Batto: Intense set man. Hope Louisiana comes to more events!
25: Bio: Sorry I let you down in teams. I was having a really bad day. Hope we can try that again some other time.
33: KRD: I'm glad you found a ride to the event. I was surprised you didn't go Shiek vs me.
33: Kirby: Thanks for watching my matches. Hopefully we can play next time. It's always nice to see you and Yosh come all the way down to Texas events.
33: Gova: Tell your parents I said thank you for their hospitality. They always so nice and provide tons of snacks! Also your G&W is growing, keep up the good work. 9s everywhere

OH and thanks for driving and giving Ricky a spot Collin! That was very nice of you. Good job owning Mike2 this weekend and hopefully next time we eat somewhere you can eat. Sorry crews didn't happen, but it was fun hanging out with you this weekend.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Shout-outs

1: UltimateRazer - Good job on first!

2: Gnes - Good job on second! I'd like to get you in bracket at some point, but it never happens. :<

3: Vinnie - Welcome to Texas and congrats on third!

4: Denti - I know your dirty little secret, Denti. Congrats on fourth, BTW. =P

5: ALSM - Problem: MK mains won't consistently time people out because they're not that patient.
Solution: BRING IN THE LINK MAINS.
Nice meeting you, and good job on fifth. ^^;

5: K Prime - So glad you got this high. Good job!

7: Poltergust - Dang, Trolltergust too good. :)

9: Illmatic - Never going to get to play you in bracket. :glare:

9: Jnig - You seem like a good guy. Nice to see you again, and I promise you'll get a better fight next time. >:3

9: Trela - Trela Trela fo fela, Banana-nana-no-fela, fe-fi-fo-fela. Treeeeela. Your name is really fun to say.

13: Leaf - I would be mad about this if you didn't buy me dinner. :awesome:
I only troll because I know you'll get me back at some point, Leaf. =P

13: Espy - Nice seeing you again, Espy. You'll get it back by the next one. ^_^

13: Megafox - I was surprised so many times by that Dsmash. It feels like it comes out a bit faster than your Usmash. ^^;
Nice playing with you, and I hope to play you again after learning to DI your Dair.

13: Nike - I saw that.

17: Sync - Thank you for running everything. The venue was way too small, but the tournament itself was excellent.
Also, I heard your last name for the first time at this one. Dunno why, but it feels like a very dignified name.

17: Paw - Thank you for the ZSS practice. :3

17: Panty Raider - I HATE YOU. It killed me to put that match up because I know why it happened.
By the way, I killed your partner in bracket. Law of the Jungle says you're my partner now.

17: Sky Pirate - SEXY BEAST.

17: Zori - ANOTHER SEXY BEAST. Give Houston Olimar practice. :<

17: PJ - NOT SO SEXY BEAST. I'd like to see you with a nice suit on or something next time.

17: Slush - Nice playing you again, Slush. You'll get Olimar down someday. Get on livestream more!

25: Zigsta - Thank you so much for driving and everything. I really don't know what to say about your current predicament, but I do believe that Bowser is much more limited than Wario against Oli. You know what he can do to you and how hard the match-up can be when the Olimar knows what to do, but you don't really know what Wario can do against him. I'd at least give Wario a try.

25: Mike2 - Drunk2 for top-tier, Hangover2 for mid. Random Megaman rant was one of the best parts of the weekend.

25: Bio - Nice playing with you. Olimar's hard to learn to fight, but he gets easier. SideB's pretty useful against Olimar, even on-shield. It's kind of hard to punish you for it if you space it well.

25: Tesh - No MM. :<

25: Mahabra - We'll get more games in next time. I'm actually quite interested in learning to fight Pit as well. ^_^

33: KRD - Ah, I didn't get to talk to you much this time. :<

33: Since - I destroyed your comrade, Leaf. You must train to avenge him.

33: Mocha - You don't seem that bad. I didn't even know Zelda could do a couple of the things you did, TBQH. ^^;

33: Ojih - Wolf I played, no? Thank you for playing! I'm now 99% certain that Olimar can outcamp Wolf.

33: Chris - Nice job taking it to that Wolf/Pit team in doubles. :p
This doesn't seem like it needs saying, but Olimar's hard for Dedede. I would try advancing at walking speed with Ftilt to poke through his defense, but I really don't know much about the DDD side of the match-up.

33: Gova - Thank you for housing us and teaming with me. We'll get it next time. :)
Your parents are really nice, BTW. If you can, tell them that I said that I'm really sorry for forgetting my bagel there. I was looking forward to eating it when I wasn't so full, but now it's going to waste. :<

tofer - You troll. Nice seeing you again, tofer. =P

That guy that played Olimar/G&W against us in doubles - I'm sorry, I forgot your tag and don't know who you main. :<
Thank you for playing!

Player-4

See you in 25 years
1: UltimateRazer== Good stuff winning the tourney mah boy, I got a little worried about you vs Vinnie after game 1 but you put on your danger close noob tube Scar with red tiger and went to work :)
2: Gnes== I really appreciate the tips and support from you, if we keep practicing and I keep improving like I see how I improved after playing Kprime, I'll keep playing this game no doubt, help me sharpen my drill son <3
3: Vinnie== Vinnie!!!!!! Always good seeing you, I'm sad we didn't get to chief though, you should deff come back before Apex :)
5: K Prime== I had fun playing you as much as I don't like playing Pika, it was a fun set, really good **** getting 5th and beating Trela :)
7: Jerm== *the scene is death row* "Say cauz lemme catch yo last meal"
9: Illmatic== I luh you brah, and you're welcome for picking up yo ***** *** from everything. You're right about teams too, idk we just don't click, I was going to say the same thing about teaming too lol you just beat me to it
9: Pwii== THAT DRILL SON
9: Trela== We need to talk
13: Leaf== Good games Leafy, I thought I had everything wrapped up after game 1 and still went in but got ***** for it, oh well I know what I needed to do and didn't do it *shrug*
13: Nike== <3
17: Sync== We need to train <3
17: Zori== You kinda look like a bulky Stantler
17: PJ== PEEEEEEEJAAAAAAAAAY, I really appreciate the support you gave during my set with Kprime, honestly I don't think I would have done as good without it, I feed off momentum and hype too much, we should really play more often <3
25: Zigsta== Our set was too close, don't make me play gay Zigsta, I don't like doing it :p and if you really wanna get 6-0d in Pokes next time I'll bring my DS
25: Batto== It was fun chillin with you, LA should come back more often
33: Lbkillbe == GGs bro, come back to more stuff :)

Trela

Smash Lord
We're gonna be teaming at SiiS next weekend, MVD, so we're gonna need all the practice we can get!

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
I love looking at the HOBO thread because of the awesome gifs Xyro always has.
Also, good **** on 2nd in doubles PJ.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Shoutouts!

1: UltimateRazer== Congrats! Thanks for the welcome early that day. I didn't know anyone would have noticed I wasn't going to make it haha.
2: Gnes== Wow didn't see you anywhere.
3: Vinnie== Dunno you but I hear great things. Congrats.
4: Denti== Olimar... D:
5: ALSM== I heard about the timeouts. Those always make me laugh.
5: K Prime== Great job!
7: Poltergust== Legit Yoshi. I can't ever underestimate that character again.
7: Jerm== Great MM! I just might have that MU down, finally.
9: Illmatic== Thanks for playing DDR with me man.
9: Pwii== Great work in teams!
9: Jnig== Dunno you, unfortunately.
9: Trela== You'll get 'em next time!
13: Leaf== Next time we MM! I guess I wasn't cool enough this time.
13: Espy== Great set! Your playstyle is so difficult to adapt to. I was just getting used to it by game 3 but it was too late!
13: Megafox== Nice to finally meet you and it was nice meeting your sister as well (She was quite nice, I really wish she and I ended up talking more). I hope we can get some friendlies in next time.
13: Nike== Awesome Marth. I want a redemption MM. :[
17: P4== Pika is so dumb.
17: Sync== Olimar... D:
17: Paw== Next time we ZSS team. Thanks for your advice.
17: Panty Raider== It was fun teaming with you! We could've done so much better. D:
17: Sky Pirate== Olimar... D:
17: Zori== Olimar... D:
17: PJ== Epic MM! Congrats on teams!
17: Slush== lol I saw you in the bathroom and that's it.
25: Zigsta== Every time I looked at the screen you were ****** somebody. Keep reppin that bowser.
25: Yosh== Fun MM! I still don't quite get Yoshi, though, but it's nice that I can finally keep up with you now.
25: Mike2== I dunno you, unfortunately.
25: Batto== I dunno you, unfortunately.
25: Bio== LOLOLOLOL why
25: Tesh== Thanks for convincing me to go. I'm glad I went.
25: Zero== LOL you are so funny and awesome in person. It was great to finally meet you!
25: Mahabra== I'll look into the Pit/ZSS team thing. It sounds horrible but I can't be sure.
33: AshK== I dunno you, unfortunately.
33: Lbkillbe== I dunno you, unfortunately.
33: Blaine== I dunno you, unfortunately.
33: KRD== I'm glad you could make it!
33: Since== I heard great things about the Pika Pika/Diddy team.
33: Kirby== I dunno you, unfortunately.
33: Mocha== Dang we always talk but don't play. At least we talk, though. That's always nice.
33: Diska== Really fun to be around. Nice seeing you again.
33: Ojih== YOU WERE THERE? I DID NOT SEE YOU ONCE. Oh wait, it was so cramped in there so I guess I'm not surprised.
33: BSP== Nice to finally meet you man. You have one of the best sonics I've ever faced.
33: Tc == I dunno you, unfortunately.
33: Sabre == I dunno you, unfortunately.
33: Chris== It's too bad I don't see you around that often. You seem pretty cool.
33: Gova== Really good Kirby. You really read me so well that first match and I had to completely change things up. Keep it up man.
33: Laz== I dunno you, unfortunately.
33: Adam== I dunno you, unfortunately.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I did not watch long, but Bio was so good I didn't wanna play anymore...

Bio scared me away from the DDR community.

z00ted

Bio AND Illmatic play DDR?!?!?!?
From what I know, Xyro, Smoom, Bio, Tofer, and myself all play DDR and we're all pretty good (heavy and higher).

Dude, come over to my house sometime and we'll head out to play DDR!

z00ted

back in my day, we don't have no them there dance dance revolution

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
Whoever had the setup on TV 10, can you upload my set vs. Espy? Also the setup next to the TO table, can you upload the set with me and Batto?

Thanks.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Pretty sure RT said if it was on the livestream and got saved to twitch.tv he will not be uploading it again.

Top Bottom