• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 29=Mid Tier 1vs1 Edition! 12/11/2010! Please bring full set-ups!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

HOBO 29

Venue: Fun Plex

Date/time: December 11th, 2010. Be there by 11am and we start at 12:30pm (If you are late, there will be an extra 5$ fee because I HATE late people).

Address:
13700 Beechnut St.
Houston, TX 77083
If you have problems, call Xyro (409-692-0697) or DeAngelo (281-690-0315)

Address specifics: GO THROUGH THE MAIN ENTRANCE of FUNPLEX. Once inside, pay for your wrist band and continue going straight untill u see a MASSIVE stair case in the MAIN AREA. Go up the stairs, take a RIGHT and you will see the tourney room(if all else fails, ask the front desk where the tournament is). If you DO NOT have a wristband you will be asked to get one and if you refuse, you will be taken out of the venue by police(the cops).

Venue Website: http://www.funplex.org/home.html

HOBO 29 Fees/Events: Entry=8$ wrist band, Reg 1vs1=10$, Reg 2vs2=20$(10$per person), Mid Tier 1vs1=5$

AiB link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=11022

Live stream/Twitter: http://twitter.com/HOBO_Series

__________________________________________________ _

HOUSING

Go to http://www.hotels.com/ and type in the address to Fun Plex. it will show you ALL the hotels closest to the venue.

If you want free housing, please make a post in this thread! In general, the following people can house players:

Sync=(713)-201-8338
PJ=(979)-320-4950
Player4=(832)-367-8727

__________________________________________________ ___

SETUPS

Please PLEASE please bring full set-ups(wii/tv/ssbb). Set-ups MAKE or break the speed of a tournament, so please help me out.

__________________________________________________ _____

RULES

Random/neutral: Smashville, Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi Story, Lylat Cruise

Counter-pick: Brinstar, Frigate, Rainbow Cruise,Pokemon Stadium 1 , Halberd, Castle Siege, Delfino, Pictochat, Pokemon Stadium 2

Banned: Everything else. YOU CANNOT PLAY ON ANY OTHER STAGE. PERIOD!

The PAYOUT

Singles:
1-19 players = 80 / 20
20 - 39 players = 60 / 30 / 10
40 - 79 players = 55 / 30 / 10 / 5
80-99 players = 55 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 2.5 / 2.5
120+ players = 50 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 3⅓ / 3⅓ / 1⅔ / 1⅔

Doubles:
1-9 teams = 80 / 20
10 - 19 teams = 60 / 30 / 10
20 - 39 teams = 55 / 30 / 10 / 5
40-59 teams = 55 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 2.5 / 2.5
60+ teams = 50 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 3⅓ / 3⅓ / 1⅔ / 1⅔

1. Each match should be a 3 Stock battle with a 8 minute timer

2. Items are set to "off" and "none"

3. Set format (In Order of Procedure):
For Game 1 of each set, the higher seeded Player/Team must strike 1 Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The lower seeded Player/Team must then strike 2 Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The higher seeded Player/Team must then choose the Game 1 Stage from the remaining Starter Stages.
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

4. All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

5. In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

6. No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

7. In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

8. If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

9. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

10. By entering the tournament you agree to have any tournament matches be recorded if possible, and be uploaded without the need for consent by the players in the match. The only time a match can be requested not to be uploaded is with extraordinary occurrences such as a power outage during the match. Failure to abide by this rule can result in a DQ for a tournament match. Reasoning: I believe that if players attend tournaments and play with the potential ability to win money at the expense of the community, the community is allowed to watch matches that are part of these tournaments that had money on the line.

11. The Mage's DQ rule is also in effect:
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set

Specific rules

DeDeDe's Infinite grab. You CANNOT Chain grab IN PLACE. NOT EVEN ONCE. The small step CG is banned as well. Normal CG is legal.

The Infinite grab-release on ness/lucas is banned. You must HIT them out of the release, do not re-grab.

Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death is then started. Bowser/ Ganon will be declared the winners.

Stalling

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Plainking is a perfect example. If i see it, you WILL lose your ENTIRE SET. No warnings! Play, dont gay.

MetaKnight Ledge Grab Limit Rule

ALL METAKNIGHTs that enter a match will be under the LGL rule. Metaknights are allowed to grab the ledge a TOTAL of 40 times PER MATCH(assuming the game goes to timer). The numbers can be viewed AFTER a match on the results screen. If you exceed the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose your entire SET or match( the TO will decide).

Stage Gliding Rule(metaknight ONLY)

Due to recent events of M2k vs Meep/Gnes, i have created the Stage Gliding Rule. Metaknight is not allowed to glide under ANY stage more than 2 times in a row. He MUST land an attack in order to be able to reset the the stage glide count.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Sweet!

10sweet

Laurel

Smash Ace
it's 50/50 but i'm going to try to go, sync you better house me again if i do

Xyro77

Rules/stuff have been updated:

1. no more japes

2. venue fee raised by 1$(i dont know the reason, DA will explain)

3. added aib link

heytallman

CTALL
Hey Allan, is there any reason for the "banned stages cannot be played on PERIOD" rule? I liked the "both players can play on a banned stage if they both agree to.

I should be at this, I'll have to check my finals schedule, but I should be good to go. After MLG I actually want to play Smash again.

Dicey

Smash Cadet
NNID
TraplordDicey
That GIF, ahaha

I'll be there, if other people from New Orleans decide to go!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I hope I can make this. As long ss this isn't during my end of semester screenings, I'll be here to exact my magical revenge on Xyro.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Hey Allan, is there any reason for the "banned stages cannot be played on PERIOD" rule? I liked the "both players can play on a banned stage if they both agree to.

I should be at this, I'll have to check my finals schedule, but I should be good to go. After MLG I actually want to play Smash again.
Yeah I support this question. Also, BSMM and RCMM again Tallman?

I'll be here most likely.
You better

Sync.

Smash Champion
I'm going to be going. RT or Flip teams?
This is going to be fun [:

I'm open to house you Laurel if you want. Please let me know ahead of time if anyone needs housing my number is on the OP of the thread or just PM me.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I'm getting better than 7th this time!

Mid tier singles?

I'm taking first.

Who wants to team with me for 2v2?

Xyro77

Nah i dont care if you guys BOTH wanna play on an illegal stage. I word the rule they way i do so that new players wont have to worry about you trying to get them to play on hyrule temple.

heytallman

CTALL
Nah i dont care if you guys BOTH wanna play on an illegal stage. I word the rule they way i do so that new players wont have to worry about you trying to get them to play on hyrule temple.
OK, so we still can if both agree. All I needed to know! Thanks!

Also Hyrule Temple is a ******** stage. Nobody should want to go there ever.

Xyro77

Ill MM anybody there. you can pick whoever you want. ill pick fox and win.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I'll go to this maybe. Depends if by then I "actually" try memorizing MU's rather then (Explained in hotel/ride back from Dallas) just playing and hope I win from reading opponent, and being really focused on winning/not SD'ing.

:320:

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
Smoom, what happened to ICs? You didn't give in to the P4 hate did you???

Big Boss

Smash Journeyman
Depending on when I get my moneys and the condition of my car at the time, I might be able to make this. Otherwise, I won't be able to make it if SA doesn't get any carpools together. Mid Tier 1v1 intrigues me. :)

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Sync :D

Batou is proud of you. MLG Dallas must of been tough man.....
When I was watching the news, I saw this.

"A more predictable match, _____ defeats Sync 2-0"

So disrespectful man...it's like if your not well known and you lose, it's "expected". I don't agree with it.
Hence another reason why Batou didn't go to MLG Dallas.

Oh and we might need housing for this HOBO.
Just letting you know man.

You owe me friendlies anyways.

CAPTAIN FALCON VS. SNAKE

The manliest of manliest men in brawl get it on...and no homo gay pose like Ryu and Ken share in Super SIV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom