• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hobo 10(houston,tx)=118 players!!!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
No Johns, b*tches!!

1: Stiltz (olimar/meta)=over 800$
2: D4vA (meta/snake)=over 200$
3: Dojo (Meta)=over 100$
4: DMG (wario)
5: Gnes (kirby)
5: Hylian (Gw)
7: Sandtrap (meta)
7: PowerNap (ddd)
9: Xyro (SAMUS!!!!!!!)
9: RoyR (marth)
9: Infinity (meta)
9: C.Y. (falco)
13: Lee Harris (rob)
13: Ultamate Razer (snake)
13: Mr. 3000 (sonic/ddd)
13: Fogo (ddd)
17: Kalo Kross (marth)
17: Sethlon (falco)
17: Bwett (yoshi)
17: Axe (wolf)
17: Boss (snake)
17: Vash (pit)
17: Pheonix Alpha (Lucas/Lucario)
17: Carnage
25: Kira (marth)
25: Furbs (yoshi)
25: Gea (peach)
25: Santi (toon link)
25: LegendaryPimp (diddy)
25: Broli (marth/fox)
25: Shez
25: UTD Zack (gw)
33: Zori
33: Ozz (falco)
33: Light (not the real light)
33: Ice (snake)
33: Shiken
33: Forbidden Ranger
33: Ricardo (marth)
33: Chris
33: Keith+2 (lucas)
33: Dreoh
33: RocketTrainer (lucario)
33: T-Rex (snake)
33: Kown (pit)
33: Juan the Mexica
33: Dallas Fat
33: Smiley Station (kirby)
49: Vivi
49: HeytallMan (lucas)
49: Azi
49: DSB
49: CoolFool
49: Goof
49: BlueJay
49: Final (ZS)
49: Guy
49: Ricey (marth)
49: Pimp Slap (kirby)
49: IJ
49: Motherboy
49: Shadowstar
49: ABDK (meta)
49: TakeUrLife (marth)
65: L Tizl
65: Axxo (rob)
65: SG
65: Saul
65: Bob
65: Wotts (ZS)
65: Rave
65: Chewy the Player
65: BadNewsBear (pika)
65: Itach
65: TalesDoll (sheik/ic)
65: Dee
65: Esca (diddy)
65: Blacks
65: Lucci
65: Andrey
65: Red Invader
65: Machine
65: JS
65: Void (peach)
65: Gar (marth/falco)
65: Wally (rob)
65: C12 (rob)
65: RB
65: Germ (not the real germ)
65: Bebobli
65: Ding Ding (link)
65: Lid (mario)
65: Salocin (fox)
65: Onin (zelda?
65: Thomas
65: KK (pikachu)
97: Adam
97: Mouf (dk)
97: Nore (peach)
97: Jimbooo(pit)
97: Toast
97: Tilda
97: Azuzu
97: Tony
97: Mac
97: Mister Emo
97: Tuexedo Maniac (wario)
97: Jacob
97: Sammii (pikalolimar
97: Jump
97: Pipes (pkmn trainer)
97: Jim
97: Cake
97: Drab
97: C-Bass
97: John
97: Wolfe (wolf)
97: JXG

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Thats a lot of metaknights... at the top. Texas results have been changing a lot and that is cool. Any way we can see the brackets please?

Holy ****, didnt see that samus up there good **** Xyro
also happy to see Hylian is stickin to G&W and not using ic or other characters

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Doesn't seem like any metaknight mains made a low placing...hmm. Congrats Vince..erm, Stiltz. I didn't think you'd make first, it takes true talent.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Stiltz pwns. Reppin Houston and not dallas or san angelo =P our match was reeeeally close. congratz stiltz! Shout outs will be posted later.

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
17: Phoenix Alpha (Lucas/Lucario)
...fixed. XD

Also, are we supposed to mention our character choices somewhere?
People need to know that I'm reppin' the Lucas! XD

Doesn't seem like any metaknight mains made a low placing...hmm. Congrats Vince..erm, Stiltz. I didn't think you'd make first, it takes true talent.
I was just posting in some thread the other day that no Meta Knight had ever won a HOBO before, lol. I'm about to eat my words. -_-

EDIT: EPIC match, Xyro. I started counterpicking Lucario/Luigi's Mansion almost exclusively because of that XD.

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
Pretty good Tourney Guys, That was epic. Hah, And grats to dojo for the good placement, as well as the others up there. I'm Just Glad I got to show off my Pit Skillz Out there, I'm okay with where I stand for now, after all its my one big tournament. But all in all it was hella fun =D

CY

Smash Ace
wow i got 9th, EASILY could of gotten 7th. last match could of gone either way, had him at 126% last stock but no juans. anyway, i'll edit this later, i'm too tired to do shoutouts right now. getting home at 5: no.

shoutouts:

first i gotta shout out to my boys from da dirty souf, bmt.

take: you beat hylian, gg. tough bracket running into fogo's DDD but yea, next time son.

esca: thanks for taking me in your box car. but you lost to a MARIO SON. wtf. EAT CINNAMON *****!

popertop: you didn't deserve last. tough bracket peyton manning.

k now here's the rest of the shoutouts. i will probably miss a couple people but i'll try my best to remember.

allan: great tourney like always. :) always a pleasure attending these HOBOs. you can always put on a good show and always making me laugh, too gud.

kown: muahahahah! nah jk, i got 2 stocked first match so i was like ****, i'm about to get knocked out. -_- but then i returned the favor and did it back to you. all trash talk aside on the forums, you are a cool kid and a nice pit.

Fogo: man we had some close matches. you beat me in the MM but I won in the tournament. well, atleast you got some money out of this. -_-

keith + teef: our MM was closer this time. falco ftw. lucas for top tier?

alpha: which brings me to say this, didn't expect you to have a lucas that was on the level of keiths. o_o and then an even better lucario. our match could of gone either way, gg man.

powernap: argh could of gone either way, but you were good, gj.

sethlon: boo for falco dittos.

stiltz: good job for winning, knew it would finally come sometime and it came at the biggest HOBO.

furbs: LOL @ the scooby dancing. got it recorded too, yeyeyeye. but yea, falco yoshi match up is too gay for you. :(

hylian: was supposed to MM yo diddy but it never happened, argh.

gnes: that kirby is scary son. glad you're using kirby over MK, respect son.

k i'm done here, sorry if i missed anyone. i love you all.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
33rd, i did terrible. counterpicking stages/characters ****ed me over so badly in this tourny. i CPed corneria against a metaknight and all he did was camp under the fin and time limit wasnt turned on. a metaknight i could clearly beat(i beat him 1st match and Sd'd on the 2nd) but didnt becuz of stupid camping and me not turning on time limit >.> seriously people TURN ON 8 MINUTE TIME LIMIT ON YOUR WIIS.

i also stupidly picked zero suit against a marth, and then i used falco and beat him, and lost in the third match but it was close. had i stuck to falco i would've won.

again, counterpicking ****ed me over so badly. shoutouts later.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Congrats to Stiltz for winning. He certainly deserved a win. :)

Can I has some money, plz? <_<

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
T-rex lost to a ddd chain grabber in winners bracket but it was close. and somehow he lost to vashes pit in losers bracket.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Thats a lot of metaknights... at the top. Texas results have been changing a lot and that is cool. Any way we can see the brackets please?

Holy ****, didnt see that samus up there good **** Xyro
also happy to see Hylian is stickin to G&W and not using ic or other characters
Well, I would of used IC's, but I had to play against a MK every single round except two.

These results are CRAZY. T-rex at 33rd?!? This tournanent was increadibly hard.

Shoutouts soon to come!

jaggedShrapnel

Smash Cadet
Copied from the other thread

"Just got back from the tourny, it was really fun like always. Good to see you guys again!
Now for some shoutouts:

DingDing: I can't believe you go to our school! What are the chances?! You have a really good Ike.
Sammi: You're so shy! You didn't say one word our entire match! You're pretty cute though. Keep working on your Pikachu, it's not half bad.
Dreoh: I owned you with your own suit pieces! Lol, I think you'd do a bit better as zamus if you didn't use forward B so much. You owned me on Corneria though!
Zori: Nice to see you again, I played a few friendlies with you at the last tourny. You have a MAD Olimar. Keep it up.
FailD: lul jk
heytallman: Nice seeing you again too. I wanna have some friendlies with you next time ok?
Nore: I had a falcon ditto with you at HOBO 8, we should do that again sometime.
Jimboooooooo: I never get tired of your name. you're pretty good at DDR. You still play StepMania weird though. :p

If I forgot anyone I'm sorry, I'm a bit tired after the 8 1/2 hours I was there.
Btw, if you don't know me I'm the guy who was with KRD/Tails Doll the whole time. My brawl name is jS."

Because xyro told me to.

Zori

Smash Champion
wow 33 and i left after i lost in winners >_> <_< i hate myself.......

shoutouts soon

PowerNap

Smash Rookie
wow i got 9th, EASILY could of gotten 7th. last match could of gone either way, had him at 126% last stock but no juans. anyway, i'll edit this later, i'm too tired to do shoutouts right now. getting home at 5: no.

sorry for the lame excuse of a quote, i suck at figuring out stuff -_-

lol, sorry i stole your spot. didn't mean to win =P although you're right, it was very close. had you the first match, then you figured out my patterns middle of the second one and read me like a book thereafter -_- kudos for not falling for the same tricks, but i hate you for your moments of laser spam XP

im not gonna complain about my place, that's for sure. however, pretty much i got it because of a lot of luck. lee harris had me, except he chose not to play metaknight 2nd and 3rd match, which made for a hollow victory. that, along with the fact that i played NO metaknight's (which **** me thoroughly), the one falco i did play could have gone either way (i just hit him first =D), and every time i play Xyro, he consistenly out does me...

so, i feel rather empty on the inside, but i still gotta say it feels good to do better than Xyro :laugh: fantastic tourney, can't wait for the next one

shoutouts to Gnes: for being barely better than me this time, i'll get you next time XD

DMG: for being waaaay better than me and making me realize that i
need to prepare for more than just MK's and Falco's

and a special shoutout to pianodude for taking me along, otherwise i would have been stuck home doing homework :psycho:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
This tourney was incredibly long, but very satisfying getting 4th with Wario when there was MK's running rampant lol. My bracket was so hard, I had to face 5 out of the 10 top rated Texas players and Stiltz twice. (I will get your olimar next time :) ) This was incredibly fun, I hope to go to either HOBO 11 or 12 again.

Shoutouts: I will do those later whenever I remember everyone I saw there/played lol.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
brackets are poo, but shoutouts nonetheless

Furbs: scoobyyyyyy, and lots of spaghetti!

Hylian: thanks for the money =) lol, but really GGs, its a good thing i have a bit of experience with the ICs matchup, and a hella ton in the falco department.

Broly: you are a ****in beast

Esca: cinamin lollolololol

KEEF: everytime you landed that combo i splooged a little.

Fogo: one of the coolest people ive met in smash, look foreward to hanging and
playing again, thanks for helping me practice the D3 matchup.

Bwett: our doubles matches were great =).

Jeremy feifer: you are too good. Thanks for coming.

Stiltz: the interest on that chicken sandwich continues to grow... (gratz on getting first and being a cool nucca)

Shiken: good matches man, that kirby/D3 is good =) thanks for the matchup practice

Gnes: ill get you one day sir =p

Poptart: you are better than most of the people who got 13th, dont sweat bad brackets.

CY: you are my favorite troll with my favorite bracket.

ALL THE METAKNIGHT RANDOM PLAYERS WHO CANT WIN WITHOUT GOD TIER: use moar B button and dsmash...

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Wow JIMMY FROM THE SWAT got 25 with diddy.. You're moving up man haha. But did anybody rep diddy hard this tourney?

Esca

Smash Champion
Ugh, i hate how low i got... 65th!! wtf. i should've at least had 33rd. I beat keith, kown, and ozz...

outside of tourney matches, i was beasting with Diddy, but your just not supposed to play marios with diddy, i guess.

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
Wow JIMMY FROM THE SWAT got 25 with diddy.. You're moving up man haha. But did anybody rep diddy hard this tourney?
YOOO FLIPHOPPER!!! Whats up??? I think there was only one actual diddy player there. But jesus christ there was so many ****in MK's. Made me cry ;_;

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Ugh, i hate how low i got... 65th!! wtf. i should've at least had 33rd.
Yeah. Look at my placing. I felt like punching someone after I got knocked out. Ugh. I can't believe I played so poorly. I didn't do anything that I usually do and I let my opponents control the maps the entire time. I'm glad there is a tourney next month. I have a really bad taste in my mouth right now.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Ugh, i hate how low i got... 65th!! wtf. i should've at least had 33rd. I beat keith, kown, and ozz...

outside of tourney matches, i was beasting with Diddy, but your just not supposed to play marios with diddy, i guess.

??????????
we didnt even play in the tourny. and i won our MM.

sarcasm fails over the internet...... :p

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
sarcasm fails over the internet...... :p
Either you're bad at context clues or it's not really sarcasm/a terrible attempt at it. Sarcasm works perfectly over the internet. For example: "Colombian Falcon and T-Rex are consistent winners at tournaments"

Esca

Smash Champion
I thought I won our mm? ahh, oh well, sorry kudos to ozz...

But me and my man Bear always get the big stiffy.. =/

Flip- I challenge you to the best diddy in texas title.

And guys, I honestly do think Popertop is gonna win the next HOBO. Coming home at 5a.m. and watching him play with his new character, ****. you guys are in for it.

heytallman

CTALL
I posted my shoutouts in the other thread last night....sorry.

But TGM you should ban SG from your tournaments he's a douchebag who cheats. He went to go report his match vs. Kira, in which he lost, but he told DugFinn that he had won. So after beating him, I find out that he was the wrong guy. So I got pissed. And that's bull****.

But I did three stock some guy in the tournament. It was pretty epic.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Yeah. Look at my placing. I felt like punching someone after I got knocked out. Ugh. I can't believe I played so poorly. I didn't do anything that I usually do and I let my opponents control the maps the entire time. I'm glad there is a tourney next month. I have a really bad taste in my mouth right now.
please dont punch me in the mouth.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
gg's guys all around

now shoutouts

Xyro: gg's dude i'm glad i was able to handle myself against all the game'n'watches and metas, only to lose to your samus >< lol ill get u next time!!!
Sethlon: Gj finishing portal, you'll get em next time! lol
Stiltz: daaaaaannngggg dude i need to start charging you for housing! lol we need to play sometime k?
Roy: too good dude, we need to pick up metaknight and then we'll never lose!
Gea: fun games dude fox dittos ftw!
RT: hi
CY: gg's sorry i was a little irritated about the whole wii thing ><
Gnes: too good you've come so far sense your days at the game stop tournaments LOL!
Take: you make that scooby suit look good!
Esca: i didn't get to play u :'(
Bwett: too fun! you make me enjoy yoshi dittos! you need to come to houston more!
Mouf: Too funny dude, i think i wanna go to that melee tournament to hang out now
Hylian: good to see you dude!
Kal: we wrecked doubles!
Bad news Bear: fun stuff those shoes are too comfortable!

Edit: Also guys if any of you know how to contact boss we think he is the one who took my wii by mistake please let me know!

Top Bottom