• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Hitbox Visualization Compilation

Furil

Smash Apprentice
It seemed to be more convenient to gather all the hit-box visualizations I've done in one place for quick reference, so here they are.

So I'll organize this better later.

:4bayonetta:Bayonetta
:4darkpit::4pit:Dark Pit/Pit
:4falcon:Captain Falcon
:4cloud2: Cloud
:4corrin::4corrinf:Corrin
:4duckhunt: Duck Hunt
:4greninja: Greninja
:4falco:Falco
:4fox:Fox
:4myfriends: Ike
:4jigglypuff: Jigglypuff
:4dedede:King Dedede
:4lucario:Lucario
:4lucas:Lucas
:4lucina: Lucina
:4metaknight: Meta-Knight
:4mewtwo: Mewtwo
:4gaw:Mr. Game & Watch
:4ness:Ness
:4palutena:Palutena
:4pikachu: Pikachu
:rosalina:Rosalina (No Luma)
:4ryu:Ryu
:4samus: Samus
:4sheik: Sheik
:4tlink: Toon Link
:4wiifit: Wii Fit Trainer
:4yoshi: Yoshi
:4zelda:Zelda
:4zss: Zero Suit Samus

If anyone's curious, I don't really have an order.
But here's the list I've been using.
Code:
Queue (In no particular order...):
Little Mac
Pac Man
ROB
Peach

Shelved (Require something extra that I haven't added yet (ex: projectiles, stretch limbs)):
Chico
Marth
Diddy
Olimar
Villager
Mega Man
Robin

Undecided yet:
Donkey
Ganon
Kirby
Bowser
bow jr
link
charizard
luigi
mario
miis
roy
shulk
sonic
wario

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I think for the sake of just trying, Pac Man's grab should be an attempted capture. I just HAVE to see what that monstrosity looks like.

Tetra-76

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tetra-flo
3DS FC
5129-4481-5064
Why no plans for Falcon? He's pretty straightforward, but I'd be really curious to see the hitbox on Uptilt (for the spike), Knee, UpAir, and UpB. Those would help a lot.

Furil

Smash Apprentice
I think for the sake of just trying, Pac Man's grab should be an attempted capture. I just HAVE to see what that monstrosity looks like.
Pac Man doesn't have a tether grab, so it should work.
I was curious, so I quickly rendered it. (I'm not entirely sure if it's correct, honestly)

Enjoy namco nightmare pacman

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Pac Man doesn't have a tether grab, so it should work.
I was curious, so I quickly rendered it. (I'm not entirely sure if it's correct, honestly)

Enjoy namco nightmare pacman
In spite of the render, I think the hitboxes are still more horrifying.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Moved to the Academy and added the corresponding "Data" Prefix.
:196:

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
As a former Pac-Main, that grab is just depressing. I knew what it was like. I've done the research. Still, so disappointing.

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Speaking of grabs, what does the hitbox look like for Bowser's pivot grab? I gotta know how big that monster of a grab is.

Last edited:

TriTails

Smash Lord
A hitbox visualization on Sheik's F-air would be nice. We know that thing reaches out as far as a sword but how about above or below Sheik?

Also. Luigi's D-air gets my honorable mention. I've played this character for a year and I have no idea where is his D-air spike hitbox is. I can feel it, but I never knew where exactly.

It should be active at the first frame the hitbox is out, but it like, doesn't stick out of his legs or body. INSIDE his body? Likely, but where? Probably somewhere around his thighs when i observed, but the details are lacking on my part.

Luigi's, Doc's, and Ryu's Shoryukens also could be good.

Of course. You're the one that's doing this work. Take your time with your stuffs, but I'd be grateful if you could go look at those moves.

Furil

Smash Apprentice
Heh, Bayonetta's nair actually creates a few extended hitboxes to hit the air around her.
(It actually covers the distance from Bayonetta to those floating shields around Megaman)

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Don't all of Bayonetta's moves do that? Or am I misunderstanding you?

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Heh, Bayonetta's nair actually creates a few extended hitboxes to hit the air around her.
(It actually covers the distance from Bayonetta to those floating shields around Megaman)
I assume you're talking about holding A to make her use Bullet Arts as she attacks? I thought it was a known thing that they're just large physical hitboxes instead of projectiles. (You can't reflect them, they go through other fighters, and you can trigger Witch Time on them from any range.)

Although I can certainly understand how Bullet Arts in general would make Bayonetta a pain to get visualizations for. Great work on this whole thing regardless though.

Question: For Rosalina, how do you plan to incorporate Luma's hitboxes?

Last edited:

Furil

Smash Apprentice
Well, they are certainly that way on nair.
The other moves don't actually have the shooting hitbox in the attack's code, so I assume it uses a difference process.
Example: Up air
Code:
Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=1)
Set_Frame_Duration(Speed=1)
Hitbox(ID=0x0, Part=0x0, Bone=0x5, Damage=4, Angle=0x30, KBG=0x50, FKB=0x0, BKB=0x4B, Size=3.8, Z=4.5, Y=1, X=0, Effect=0x0, Trip=0, Hitlag=1, SDI=1, Clang=0x1, Unknown=0x1, ShieldDamage=0x0, SFXType=0x0, Ground/Air=0x2, Direct/Indirect=0x3, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x6)
Script_End()
That hitbox is like at her ankle and just spins around with her. No extended ones here like nair.
I not sure where to find the bullet art parts of the other attacks.

I'll probably have Luma separate from Rosalina.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Thank you so much for making these; they really help spacing :b:

Last edited:

HimaBook

Smash Cadet
Hmm...Visualized hitbox of Luma's Uair looks, I think, too large in comparison to game.
If so large, this should hit.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Thank you for doing this Furil Furil . It can finally happen! At least this will be the start. :bee: The GIFs are easy on the eyes too with just the translucent colored bubbles.

I personally can't wait to see Zelda's hitboxes. Since I'm some crazy Zelda main who has spent way too much time studying her data, it will be fun to see the complex hitbox data "in action."

Maybe this will finally give us a visual as to why Zelda's Ftilt can whiff at point blank. Also lol last hit of Up smash.

Last edited:

Furil

Smash Apprentice
Hm, must be an animation error on my part; the code is fairly straight forward:
They aren't attached to Luma's bones. This says it should apparently stretch from 5 to 13, which is pretty long.
Code:
Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=2)
Extended_Hitbox(Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=4, Unknown=0x6C, Unknown=0x3C, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x6E, Unknown=3, Unknown=0, Unknown=5, Unknown=3.5, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0, Unknown=0.5, Unknown=1, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x2, Unknown=0x3, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x6, Unknown=0, Unknown=13, Unknown=3.5)
Extended_Hitbox(Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=4, Unknown=0x5C, Unknown=0x3C, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x6E, Unknown=3, Unknown=0, Unknown=5, Unknown=-3.5, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0, Unknown=0.5, Unknown=1, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x2, Unknown=0x3, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x6, Unknown=0, Unknown=13, Unknown=-3.5)
Synchronous_Timer(Frames=8)
Remove_All_Hitboxes()
Script_End()
Edit:
If I had to guess, I'd say it's supposed to look more like uptilt.
I'll check later with in-game hitbox display to see if Luma has something extra going on.

Last edited:

HimaBook

Smash Cadet
Hm, must be an animation error on my part; the code is fairly straight forward:
They aren't attached to Luma's bones. This says it should apparently stretch from 5 to 13, which is pretty long.
Thank you for data and I understood the visualization is reasonable according to the data.
I can't find mistakes about X-axis of Luma's Uair & Utilt when compared to in-game. Only Y-axis looks too large.

By the way, how can we know hitboxes are attached or not attached to born? Which parameter indicates that?

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
By the way, how can we know hitboxes are attached or not attached to born? Which parameter indicates that?
Typo for bone?

Unknown 3 tells which bone a move is attached to.

Edit: These are some of the first unknowns, generally most of the ones people want to know.

ID, Group_ID, Bone, Damage, Angle, BKB(?), WKB, KBG(?), Hitbubble_Radius"Size", Z-axis, Y-axis, X-axis, ...

I alway forget which was the BKB and KBG unless I go look at a familiar move.

Edit 2: Important to note that in the case of the above mentioned "stretched" hitbox, the final three params are the "stretch coordinates" (again, z y x)

So it vertically stretches from y=5 to y=13.

Last edited:

HimaBook

Smash Cadet
Thank you ,but I want to know another thing.
I guess @Furil said Luma's Uair don't rotate along with Luma's ratation move (not like Lucina 's sword hitboxes).
Does that depend on born? or another parameter?

Jaxas

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaxas7
Well, can we use this to see if any hitboxes changed?
Patch 1.1.5 just went live, and apparently breaks replays

Furil

Smash Apprentice
Woah, I'm actually really happy we got a new update!

If I had access to the update data, I could probably make a script to list out all the exact changes for every character, but I'm sure some one else is already working on that.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Woah, I'm actually really happy we got a new update!

If I had access to the update data, I could probably make a script to list out all the exact changes for every character, but I'm sure some one else is already working on that.
It's not like the effort isn't appreciated~
:196:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
I'd like to request visualizations for Cap Falc, Ganondorf, DDD, Bowser, Bayo, and Roy.
Specifically, Falcon and Warlock Punches, Bowser's f smash, DDD's f smash and Jet Hammer, Bayo's smash attacks, and Flare Blade. I'd like to know how big the hitboxes are so I can compare them to Eruption.

Zage

Smash Journeyman
Small request Furil Furil . If you get around to doing pac man's hitboxes would it be possible to do his Bonus Fruit as well?

Last edited:

Luig

Confused
Furil Furil This is a really nice thread! I like it.
However, shouldn't these hitboxes include the interpolation? (Includes space between Frame x hitbox and frame x+1 hitbox) As that's how it works in game.

Treemendous

Smash Rookie
Seeing Dedede's hitboxes would be awesome. As mentioned, his F-smash and down B are interesting, but I also want to see the terrible hitbox of dair and the mystery of his whiffing d-tilt and his f-tilt

TheUndeadReturns

Smash Cadet
NNID
House0fFastFood
It's too bad Marth has some issues. Last patch some weird animation was put onto his aerial Shield Breaker, and I want to know if that affected the hitbox in any way.

https://youtu.be/gokZ4QzlEmA

The animation itself had a slightly different z-axis when I tried using it in a slowed down Special Smash, to take screenshots, too.
http://imgur.com/a/ae1Uu

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
It's too bad Marth has some issues. Last patch some weird animation was put onto his aerial Shield Breaker, and I want to know if that affected the hitbox in any way.

https://youtu.be/gokZ4QzlEmA

The animation itself had a slightly different z-axis when I tried using it in a slowed down Special Smash, to take screenshots, too.
http://imgur.com/a/ae1Uu
That happens before the hitbox (so it doesn't matter), and this wasn't added last patch. It wouldn't make sense to add something like this, it's been there since the beginning (even though I discovered it last patch I'm confident in that statement).

Last edited:

TheUndeadReturns

Smash Cadet
NNID
House0fFastFood
That happens before the hitbox (so it doesn't matter), and this wasn't added last patch. It wouldn't make sense to add something like this, it's been there since the beginning (even though I discovered it last patch I'm confident in that statement).
Oh. My b. I had a feeling it would've been there longer than last patch.

Top Bottom