• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hitbox/frame data?

FreeGamer

Smash Ace
I think it would help us all if we knew what our puffball is made of. Is anyone here good with BrawlBox? I would compile it myself if I knew how to capture the animations. >_>

Glick

Smash Lord
Bump. Shouldn't the creators of kirby have his frame data? I'm surprised frame data wasn't released by the pmbr.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Frame data is not something that is worth putting a majority of our time into when the public and BR members after a release can gather frame data. It is an extremely tedious process to get frame data and images for each move, especially if a move has a Frame Speed Modifier (slows/speeds up a move) which means that the correct info can only be gotten via Frame Advance. Aerial landing lags are also only able to be gotten through frame advance because BrawlBox/PSA does not display the correct landing lags. There are many other things that go into correctly getting frame data. I will be making a guide on how to gather frame data correctly but I am busy right now so I do not have time to do that right now.

SSS

Smash Ace
Frame data is not something that is worth putting a majority of our time into when the public and BR members after a release can gather frame data. It is an extremely tedious process to get frame data and images for each move, especially if a move has a Frame Speed Modifier (slows/speeds up a move) which means that the correct info can only be gotten via Frame Advance. Aerial landing lags are also only able to be gotten through frame advance because BrawlBox/PSA does not display the correct landing lags. There are many other things that go into correctly getting frame data. I will be making a guide on how to gather frame data correctly but I am busy right now so I do not have time to do that right now.
Cool beans. Does anybody know how to view hitboxes in PSA and BrawlBox? I can't seem to figure it out.

Sartron

Smash Journeyman
Cool beans. Does anybody know how to view hitboxes in PSA and BrawlBox? I can't seem to figure it out.
Both PSA and Brawlbox can view the data, but only Hitbox will show the animations. Using PSA, just open the Fitxxxx.pac for the respective fighter. Same thing with BrawlBox, use 0.68b or lower as that was the last version of BrawlBox to support moveset editing. In Brawlbox, open the model editor and import the animations, moveset file, and model.

Top Bottom