• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hilt & Clowsui present: REVENGE - MIDWEST EAST V MIDWEST WEST ON STREAM 11:30 AM

clowsui

Smash Legend
REVENGE
November 19, 2011
322 W. Crescentville Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45246

I. Introduction
The bitter taste of defeat; a refusal to accept loss; saltiness: whatever you call humiliation, as a competitor you have experienced it at one point. Losing wasn’t an option, but then there’s reality –
“I lost”.
What to do, what to do….mope about it. Complain about your surroundings. Complain about your luck. Study the footage. Train to react faster, to play smarter, to be better for the next time.
Oh, the next time? Is that what all of this is for? Yes, the next time.
The next time – you’re asked about it. What’s going to happen then?
Well, only one thing it really comes down to: “I will win.”
Wait, what was that? Say that for me again.
This time, with more conviction.
“I. WILL. WIN.”
Your hosts: Hilt and Clowsui.
Our goal: to set all the records straight.
To open old wounds and close them in the same night. To create scars that last until the “next time”.
To revive glory. To crush shame.
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to REVENGE.

II. Tournament Ruleset + Payout
This tournament will be using the Unity Ruleset.

UNITY

However, we encourage all attendees to use their own rulesets for money matches. In fact, if you do and we hear about it, we’ll be sure to give you a high five.

The payout structure for this tournament is as follows (all credit to Nope/AZ):
1st 48%
2nd 22%
3rd 14%
4th 8%
5th 4%

III. General Tournament Rules
Don’t litter.
Pool captains: be on your ****.
When we give you times, be back on time.
If you’re leaving the venue, tell someone from the TO’ing team (Hilt/clowsui/Jesse/Chi/whoever we add). If you’re leaving your pool area, make sure two people in your pool know where you’re going.
Try to keep bugging us about bracket and pools at a minimum. Listen up and we will make sure everything goes well.
You break it, you buy it. Be careful with the machines.
If there is a seeding dispute, bring it up to the main desk.
Don’t touch the TO laptops. Whatever you’re thinking, don’t do it.

IV. Fees + Schedule
SINGLES - $10
DOUBLES - $20 per Team
VENUE FEE - $5 (ON TIME), $8*READ BELOW* (LATE)

10:00 - 11:00 S+D Registration
11:00-11:30 Doubles Reg Late Period, Doubles Bracket Creation
11:30 - 12:30 MIDWEST EAST VS MIDWEST WEST
12:30 - 3:30 Doubles Bracket
3:00 - 3:30 Singles Reg
3:30 – 4:00 Last Minute Singles Reg
4:00 - 6:30 Pools, ARCADE GAUNTLET
6:30 – 7:00 Singles Bracket Creation
7:00 – 9:30 Singles Bracket, ??? #2
9:30 – 11:00 Top 8
11:00 – 12:00 Friendlies, Chill out, etc.

****Please note that during Top 8, all non-tournament Smash play will be stopped. All TVs will be turned off save ones reserved for tournament play.****

Props to MikeHAZE for the great venue fee system.

This is how it’ll work.
Looking at the schedule above, if you come and register for doubles at any time from 10:00 – 11:00 (or singles for that matter), you pay $5 in venue.
From 11:00 – 11:30, you will be charged a $8 venue fee (though if you call us ahead of time and you’re like five minutes late from the beginning of the period no biggie).
If you come and register for singles between 3:00 and 3:30, you will be charged $5 in venue.
From any time between 3:30 – 4:00, if you come and register for singles you will be charged an $8 venue fee instead as a late fee (once again, if you’re five minutes late from the beginning of the period and you’ve already called us no problem). Simple as that.
The extra $3 in venue fee will be used to pay TO expenses – which includes food, materials for the tournament, small prizes for ??? #2 and Fantasy Bracket, or other miscellaneous expenses.

V. ARCADE GAUNTLET
Let’s face it: there are only a few who can be called “the best”.
REVENGE is an event designed to showcase “the best”.
But we are generous. Very, very generous. So we are giving you all more than one opportunity to face off with “the best”, to prove yourself.

Because this tournament is run in an arcade, each pool will have several arcade machines nearby. We will give you a way to measure your results for each machine - for example, a high score or a minimum time. Your objective is to maximize your “score”: whoever achieves the highest “score” in each pool wins, and each winner receives a prize. Each player must record their high score by way of picture. Every player is allowed an infinite amount of tries at getting the high score from the beginning of the pool; for the sake of courtesy, after each attempt a player must wait five more minutes to try again. In the event of a tie, final “tiebreaker” attempts will be made by those involved in the tie until the tie is resolved.

TL,DR:
Compete amongst each other using arcade games! Prize(s) TBA.
Scoring methods will be announced soon based on each game.
Play only at the machines assigned to your pool.
1 try/5 minutes, but infinite tries.
Record your score by way of picture. If you don’t have a cellphone or camera, ask someone nearby to borrow theirs!
Tiebreaker = people who are tied compete against each other again, one try each, until the tie is totally resolved.

VI. Fantasy Bracket – Top 8
This is an experiment in hype.
After pools are finished, the seeds are determined, and the Singles bracket is created, the Fantasy Bracket contest will be announced.
At this time, each player that would like to fill out a fantasy bracket for top eight will be asked to come to the TO desk. After a $1 buy-in fee is paid, each fantasy bracket contestant will be asked to determine their top 8 based on the Singles bracket created and evaluate the winners' side matchups/game counts (these serve as tiebreakers).

The prize split is as follows:
1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%
All players are eligible to receive prizes –including those who end up in top 8.

Once again, please note that during the Winners Semi Finals and Losers Quarter Finals, all non-tournament Smash play will be stopped. All TVs will be turned off save ones reserved for tournament play.

VII. Mystery Announcement I: MIDWEST EAST VS MIDWEST WEST CREW BATTLE

We are a collective.
But that doesn't mean that there aren't divisions among us,
lines between us,
forces separating us.
Conflict is inevitable.
PREPARE YOURSELF

8 v 8
Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois
Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan, Indiana

VIII. Mystery Announcement II

IX. Miscellaneous Info (Contact Info, Advertising, Housing Info)
My number: 513-206-0550
Arcade Legacy’s number: 513-874-8766

BANNER:

[URL ="http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=307724"]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6161/6193392621_dd12e444c7.jpg[ /IMG][/URL]

Help me advertise, guys, Remove the spaces and c/p that whole mess into your signature. It'll be worth it.

[/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"]Housing:[/SIZE]
If a smasher cannot house you, then it’s best to look here (credit goes to Today):
[URL=http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ1027&propId=1027&IATA=99020571&sisearchengine=231&siproduct=1027&clearppc=1#] La Quinta [/URL]
Smashers that are housing and who they are housing will be recorded here.
[/CENTER]

clowsui

Smash Legend
CREW BATTLES STARTING AT 11:30 AM!!!

Setups:

TVs:
POOLS A +B
1. Arcade Legacy
2. Arcade Legacy
3. Arcade Legacy
POOLS C+D
4. Arcade Legacy
5. Arcade Legacy
6. Arcade Legacy
POOLS E+F
7. Arcade Legacy
8. Arcade Legacy
9. Arcade Legacy
POOLS G+H
10. Arcade Legacy
11. Arcade Legacy
12. Ralph Cecil
POOLS I+J
13. Notstevie
14. Lumi
15. DtJ Th3 Composer
POOLS K+L
16. Crash
17. Scythe
18. Ripple
POOLS M+N
19. Wangston
20. Wangston
21. Wangston
POOLS O+P
22. TheKiest (?)
23. KoJ|Squid
24. Bloodcross (?)

Wiis:
POOLS A+B
1. Arcade Legacy
2. Arcade Legacy
3. clowsui
POOLS C+D
4. Ralph Cecil
5. Scythe
6. Excel
POOLS E+F
7. Lumi
8. Sorasin
9. Steel Samurai
POOLS G+H
10. DtJ Th3 Composer
11. ShadowPhoenix951
12. Zwarm
POOLS I+J
13. Seagull
14. Auspher
15. Wangston
POOLS K+L
16. Roller
17. Hylian
18. Sombra
POOLS M+N
19. Capem
20. Hael
POOLS O+P
23. KoJ|Squid

Pool Captains:
Oro
Rauleen
Hylian
TChase
Y.b.M.
more to be added.

clowsui

Smash Legend
no side tournaments, sorry. planning on 90 entrants and one day so there's no time to run anything else probably

clowsui

Smash Legend
You're an ******* :reverse:

Now that you said that I'm definitely reconsidering running Unity ^___^ everyone knows that Chris Tucker isn't good enough at martial arts to kill Jackie Chan anyways :awesome:

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
November 5, huh? 'Haven't been to Ohio before. Somebody pay me to fly here. My SDI doesn't suck enough to warp to Ohio from Kansas. :troll:

Roller

Smash Legend
=oooooo

This looks hot, but you know how MI is. We'll let you know an hour before the tournament. And you already know we'll be paying the extra venue fee. ;)

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Hell yeah, can't wait! Fino you gotta make it to this. Jake you know you're gonna be here.

Thread lookin good, Chi. We got this ;)

clowsui

Smash Legend
welp

10 MI players

$50 in extra venue

aww yee

edit: how did i forget about sugoicon? ehhhh i can just go on sunday ;o

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I'll be here.

Pierce, teams if I am able to get my MK to "body everyone" status by the end of October?

:phone:

Top Bottom