• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hillary Clinton, how can she run?

Galgatha

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SinChill
Ok so basically, how the heck can she continue to run for president after all that has happened with her email scandal?

I know this may seem like old news, but i haven't heard anybody bring up the fact that if it was anybody else but her, and they had done the exact same thing, they would be thrown in jail with no questions asked.

I know that if I had done the same, I would be in jail. As someone who works in the intelligence community, has a clearance, and has to handle classified information, you are not supposed to take this stuff lightly and have to do annual training on how to handle this information through-out your career. How is it possible that, after refusing to use the systems that the government deemed secure enough to handle such information, the same government who gave you your clearance, and deciding to use a private, unsecure home email-server that was handled by a 3rd party company, who more than likely none of them had the proper clearance to have access to such data, you can still run for the office of president?

How can you say, after all the training that they do, "well the documents are classified because they are marked, not marked because they are classified." when you know that is wrong? I mean really, how does this make any sense? So social security numbers should only be considered sensitive information if it is marked as such? Or what about the capabilities of our critical infrastructure? I am pretty sure that before data is placed onto a document to be submitted, that data does not have "classified" stamped across it when it is first collected. Her statement made absolutely no sense, and it boggles my mind that people still believe she is even president material.

This has absolutely nothing to do with how she is a women, and I honestly do not care. But when somebody shows blatant disregard to national security, which as the president you are expected to uphold and defend, how is it that they are NOT in jail but are running for president?

I can tell you that it makes absolutely no sense that me, an E5 in the military, is held to a higher standard than the former Secretary of State, and if I had done anything close to what she has, I would have my clearance revoked with no possibility of regaining it, thrown in jail with no questions asked, dishonorably discharged from the military which ruins your chances of receiving a job afterwards, and probably would live the rest of my days in jail or middle of freaking nowhere.

How can anybody believe that she can possible run, let alone actually vote for her?

MarMarTheGreat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dylannumar2
3DS FC
2595-2936-3247
Because she is a Clinton and the Clintons are allied with the Bilderbergs who fund them.

Family names still matter in this age.

Powerful families still rule the world just like in the old times or similiar to how GoT families ruled westeros..

They just like to conceal themselves a bit better and not be obvious because people are more aware these days.

I pray to God that Trump or Sanders beat her or the World will suffer

But trust me what Clinton will do will benefit the West at the expense of the East

D

Deleted member

because of bill clinton and his legacy/name.

Last edited by a moderator:

the.tok

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2767-0503-3415
Because basically all the politicians of every country have right to do things that you and I would never get away with.

But tbh, this scandal is not that much compared to what past presidents and candidates have managed to get away with, such as Bush lying at the face of UN in the name of the USA just to name one.

I'm sure you can find things that we would have been jailed for in almost every candidate ever background.
And I'm not even talking about just the USA, look at France (Chirac/Mitterand), Italy (Berlusconi), etc

FlusteredBat

Smash Journeyman
(Aside from the reprehensible lingerings of aristocracy)

Both Obama and Clinton wield these peculiar shields--one shouts the word "RACIST!" against anyone who dares land a blow, the other shouts "SEXIST!"

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
I mean that e-mail scandal is not a big problem now the watergate scandal was worse than a email thats for sure.

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice
Exactly. She violated several statues on handling classified information and criminal law. The fact that she hasn't been indicted goes to show you the extent of her diplomatic immunity. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzZkclSJTI0
And as to your question of how anyone can vote for her: the grand majority of voters are sheep who only get their information from big media, and big media is largely funded by those who finance her campaign.

Last edited:

Sheep McLamb

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3368-3778-4498
Here's how she ran for president:
1) She registers to be an official candidate.
2) The FEC recognizes her as an official candidate.
3) She informs the FEC on her campaign's financial standings as required.
4) She contacts every state's Secretary of State and fills out required forms to get her name on the state's ballots.
5) She chooses a vice president...

Etc. That's exactly how she ran for president, ignoring the e-mail scandal stuff. A bunch of politicians have done things that people ignored. She has the support necessary to continue running without (severely) damaging her reputation. Kinda like Trump.

In any case, who else are the minorities gonna vote for, eh?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If the email scandal was such a big deal, then why is she still running for president?

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
If the email scandal was such a big deal, then why is she still running for president?
It was blown out of proportion to enable opponents the opportunity to hound her. In point of fact not is it common practice for State Department officials to use private email accounts, at the time in question nothing she transmitted was considered classified. Some items were made retroactively classified (which is common) and so she was compelled to turn over her account access and a thumb drive (also a common request).

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/briefing/factsheets/2015/07/13/email-facts/

And before anyone complains about the source's URL maybe actually read the fact sheet and you will see why the so called email scandal was really just a smoke screen.

That said, the Clintons have done far worse.

But none of it would disqualify her from running.

Stu R

Smash Cadet
She's going to get crushed by Trump anyway. Why even talk about it?

greatbernard

Smash Apprentice
Republicans are okay with Bush/Cheney war crimes, Ronald Reagan's Iran-Contra and Richard Nixon's Watergate. But now they want to make an exception for Hillary Clinton.

Last edited:

Doctor Wario

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4313-0727-2141
Also, she may be out of the running by now, but rumors have been going around that google was been deleting some of the bad things off their search engine to further her campaign. For example. when typing in "Hilary Clinton" into google, things pop up like Hilary Clinton email,memes, etc. But when typed into yahoo, Hilary Clinton email scandal, arrested, and indictment pop up. This may not be true, but it seems obvious that google is covering up all of Hilary Clinton's lies.

Cardboardtubeknight

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
4914-7294-5851
Basically if Trump wins we have a possible assassination
If Hillary wins we have a possible impeachment

Regardless keep the popcorn close

Last edited:
Top Bottom