• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hiii, never posted here before...

Gray Fox

Smash Apprentice
Im a recent art school grad and i never noticed this part of the site lol i used to smash a lot before art school consumed my social life and free time, but yea. Heres some of my work:

:colorful: http://mrdanielbd.blogspot.com :colorful:

if anybody has any questions, crits, ideas just let me know.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Welcome to the AE. I bet there's quite a few people on this site who haven't noticed this place before. :laugh:

I liked your household paintings most. Something about the lighting really caught my eye. And it's not overly realistic but more stylized, which I prefer to look at in a painting. I'm gonna check out the rest too.

We also have a social thread but it's sort of dead lol. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=260382 In case you felt like talking random art stuff, or anything else.

Hopefully within a year I'll also be able to call myself an art grad.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
Welcome, I haven't been here long but it's always good to see some new artists, imo.
I enjoyed looking at your works.

My favorites are most definitely from Turn Into Something p.2 #7 and #8.

#7 The view from the shower looking out; how did you ever think of that?! It's so freakin' creative! And the execution is really good; the effects of water drizzling down the shower curtain look great.

#8 I was sad that I couldnt really make out exactly what the picture was. From what I could tell, it's a street light with a sidewalk and possibly a house across the street. I love the impressionistic feel it has. And the subdued lighting really captures the mood.

Gray Fox

Smash Apprentice
Hey, thanks everyone for the compliments :) i appreciate it

neon ness- where are you going to school?

MLEsis- haha yea i put that painting behind glass and i forgot to take a picture of it beforehand :/
unfortunately i can't take it out of the frame its in either because because of how i build the frame but oh well

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
neon ness- where are you going to school?
University of Florida. Just one year to go. >:0 I'm planning on really working on my portfolio this summer, it's been sort of lacking lately. Plus me and a few others are having a gallery exhibition in September so I need good work to show. I'm nervous :(

Again though, I really thought your interior paintings were good. And that (plexi?)glass case with the fish bowl. I dunno what it is but it looks awesome. Hope you get the time to complete it.

Top Bottom