• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

High Hat - Hat Stacking Platform Fighter

_cart

Smash Rookie

Description

High Hat is a competitive multiplayer platform fighter for 2-8 players where you stack hats on your head to win. Each hat gives you a different ability. The more hats of a given type you have, the stronger its ability becomes!

The game is currently in development. I'm almost at the point where I can start making it available to play. Stay tuned!

I've been working on this game in my spare time for awhile now. A member of this forum pointed out that you all might be interested in it, so I figured I'd post it here to get some feedback. Check out the devlogs below and let me know what you think!

Links
Twitter: cart_cart
YouTube

Devlog #1 - The Big One

Devlog #2 - Online Multiplayer

Last edited:

RevampedSpider

Smash Rookie
A memeber of the fourm, huh? I wonder who that would be...

Anyways, I'm really liking how High Hat looks so far, and I'm sure others here will too! What platforms will this be released on after the game is done?

_cart

Smash Rookie
Omg it's you! Seriously thanks for the heads up. This place is really cool.

Short term: Windows, Mac, Linux

Platforms I would like to release for, but have technical (and in some cases bureaucratic) hurdles to overcome: Xbox, Switch, PS4

The engine I'm using (Godot) doesn't officially support Switch or PS4 and I'm pretty certain Godot's C# build doesn't support Xbox yet. But its very possible I will release for one or more of those platforms in the future.

I contribute to Godot on occasion and I might be able to help add support for those platforms when the time comes.

RevampedSpider

Smash Rookie
Omg it's you! Seriously thanks for the heads up. This place is really cool.

Short term: Windows, Mac, Linux

Platforms I would like to release for, but have technical (and in some cases bureaucratic) hurdles to overcome: Xbox, Switch, PS4

The engine I'm using (Godot) doesn't officially support Switch or PS4 and I'm pretty certain Godot's C# build doesn't support Xbox yet. But its very possible I will release for one or more of those platforms in the future.

I contribute to Godot on occasion and I might be able to help add support for those platforms when the time comes.
You're welcome! There's a third-party company that helps port Godot games to Switch, PS4, and Xbox One. Here's their website. http://www.lonewolftechnology.com/

Top Bottom