• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hierarchies of Power: The Ganon Community Tier List! (Updated October 8th 2017)

Favorite/Best SSB4 Ganon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Disclaimer: This project is entirely FOR FUN.
Much of what you will see in this thread will be subjective, can be changed at whim, and is open to discussion.

That being said, welcome to the SSB4 Ganondorf forums of Smashboards! We take pride in being arguably the most awesome subgroup among Smashers that exists. I know, not everyone can be as awe inspiringly awesome as Ganondorf, the King of Evil. Don't let that discourage you, because Ganondorf is equally unfair to everyone.

I imagine you are here because of the promise of true power that is provided by showing your allegiance to Ganon. All you need to be added to the ranks is a simple decree of your murderous intent. Before you are blinded by the ecstasy that is Ganon lending his strength to you, it would be wise to follow the example of others before you, who can guide you along your way to becoming a new evil overlord worthy of Ganon's recognition. Keep in mind, we encourage competition among our ranks. Power is wasted when it is not used, and Ganon himself finds nothing more amusing than a worthy challenge.

If you are interested in participating in this list, talk to the staff at this this chatroom. Also post results and videos in this thread.

S Tier (Supreme Sovereigns)
Gungnir (ぐんぐにる)
adom
Pon (ぽん)
Vermanubis
Ray_Kalm
GanonTheBeast
Dr. Dorf
Opana

A Tier (Ascended Overlords)
Kosk
The Forkies
Rice
Liqui
BOB (TowerKnight)
Deotay
MexicanoTacoBurritoDoritoZaibatsu
LoveExpert
Litany
Van
MGK
ParagonX9
Meepenator
ThymeBalloon
SumDumbAss
ZekeReds
Rickles

B Tier (Brutal Commanders)
i5
E-Serpent
JP3
Lord Bahamut
Johnluc55
Gleed
Xinc
Fricken Chris
DasBoot
Blobface
Satan
Daeyrat
Makzu
YUNGCrusade
Blockmanz
Rai
OmegaRaider
YokonTheSage
Onua
Arconi
Kowalski
Abbey Stret
BABOONGA (VROOM99)
randomguy1235
Crusticus
Aiakos
Dr. Flame
FibreOpticBrick
DioGamma
Hybrid

C Tier (Chaotic Legions)
TRTMA
Lythero
Geotic
Ojwaddler
Kyogokudo
GH_O_ST
Dibly
Kaiser
Bloodynite
Garioshi
Naroghin
Shin Gototatenks
8-Bit Vex
Odeen
Miazelement
Sykkamore
AMH9000
CiDE
TheOldMan
LifeMushroom
Vulgun
Tokinyo
Ruff
HeavyLobster
TWIST
JorgeM141
kosk is the best (He sure is)
Ham-ondorf

Rough Guidelines to Tier Placements

Honorable Mentions Removed due to inactivity (or lack of information):
S-busutosu
A-DLA
A-Vaataji
A-Vex Kasrani
A-Potechi
A-Z1gma
A-Papaya
A-Matt Hazard
A-Gunblade789
A-EvilGoku
A-Tonsana
A-Hi-Hatz
A-SSBMatt
A-Rudori
A-Swoops
A-ZuraHollow
A-A2ZOMG
B-jmanup85
B-Bizzaro Flame
B-Tonnura
B-Alter Requiem
B-Apostroph
C-davidabeats
C-ToonWalker
C-D0ubl3St3p
C- -VictoriaJustice-
C-_Magus_
C-Scarlet Jile
C-JmacAttack
C-the king of murder
C-G-****
C-GanonLord
C-Bean Lampstand
C-WaldoFindsYou
C-TheArabSamurai
C-Big O
C-DakotaBonez
C-Shogger
C-d.Solid
C-Scraptor
C-WILEY
C-Ollonk
C-KongXL
C-TTTTTsd

Not on the tier list yet:
Eikelmann
Omega Tyrant
| Kailex |
Zhouten
Everyone else from the Ganon tournament and the Matchmaking Thread

Tournament results:
*Gungnir placed 2nd in a 106 man 3DS tournament
*Ray_Kalm's tournament results

Video Highlights:
Gungnir vs GN :4falcon: (3DS)
Pon For Glory series 4 vs :4megaman::4pikachu: (WiiU)
Vermanubis vs Dr. Robotnik :4yoshi:(WiiU)
Ray_Kalm vs Space Dong :4fox:(WiiU)
Vermanubis vs Kimidori :4sheik: (WiiU)
Opana vs LoCalRiz :4sheik: (WiiU)
Deotay vs Pugwest :4marth: (WiiU)
MexicanoZaibatsu vs Salty Fun :4yoshi: (WiiU)
Swoops vs BC20FLY :4bayonetta2: (WiiU)
Koskinator vs Kofeezy :4pit: (WiiU)
Vermanubis vs Pow :4pacman: (WiiU)
Lord Bahamut vs Final Boss :4bowser: (WiiU)
Gungnir vs Earth :4pit: (WiiU)

Special Mentions:
Best combos: Gungnir
Best edgeguards: Pon
Best tech chasing: Z1GMA
Best reactions: Gungnir and GanonTheBeast
Best aggression: Ray_Kalm, Papaya, adom4, and Opana
Best defense: Pon, Z1GMA, Koskinator, and Vermanubis
Most balanced: Potechi
Best streams: Potechi, busutosu, Pon
Most eloquent: Vermanubis
Most confident: Ray_Kalm
Best technical advice: Z1GMA
Data master: Big O
Best Guides on Smashboards: _Magus_, Xinc, and Blobface
Still a proud Ganon after real-life injuries: Lozjam, YokonTheSage
Most chill: Xinc
Most active debater: A2ZOMG and Blobface
Defeated Mew2King: Matt Hazard
First GITBCE champion: Koskinator
Wise Old Garbage: Jmanup85
Transcending reality forever: Litany
Eagle Eyes: TRTMA

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Really well made, A2. Very nice.

Also, if I had to pick a video for myself, it'd be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b4iNmRGu0U or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EqLzzFCNsE

The ones from my tournament sets I'm increasingly dissatisfied with because of technical errors due to having to use a controller I wasn't accustomed to.
I am actually quite a fan of your set against Dr Robotnik personally, but I could add the others for reference. I don't have a strict limit to suggesting highlights for players.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I want to vote Verm, but also Z1GMA lol. You two both helped me a lot in Brawl just by watching you play or tutorials.

Anyway yes fantastic job, lots of hype for this.

Also, would I be able to have a highlight vid up if I get in the top 6?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I want to vote Verm, but also Z1GMA lol. You two both helped me a lot in Brawl just by watching you play or tutorials.

Anyway yes fantastic job, lots of hype for this.

Also, would I be able to have a highlight vid up if I get in the top 6?
I guess for now, getting out highlight vids for the S/A tiers is high priority, but mostly I encourage everyone to be contributing what they think are the best representations of their performance. This will be different from Ray_Kalm's community video thread in that there aren't strict quality requirements, and different from the general video thread with the expectation that the things up for discussion are meant to be personal favorites.

Scraptor

Smash Cadet
NNID
ScraptorBC
Well I voted for Gungnir because his vines are vines that are direct conduits to evil itself and I hope one day to have that much evil pumping through my vines.
I have to shout out @ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG because we actually got to play some and he helped me out. I am defiantly chasing someone like @ Opana Opana right now I used some of those chains and tips you have posted. @ Vermanubis Vermanubis and @ Z1GMA Z1GMA the things I have learned from your posts and videos have helped a lot too.
Because of this Ganondorf community I feel dirty when I am not playing Ganondorf because I know I have so much learn and there seems to be such a stigma around Ganondorf (to other competitive players) and the fact that you all have evidence that in fact he is more than a viable character. I want to keep getting better with Ganondonf. I have a bunch of matches I have to post mostly FG stuff but I defiantly seen a progression in my play.
E tier is for Evil and now that you know my power I will have to show you how truly evil I am!

Last edited:

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
I voluntarily place myself in D-tier. I am confident in my skills, though I acknowledge I still have much to learn.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I voluntarily place myself in D-tier. I am confident in my skills, though I acknowledge I still have much to learn.
I'll put down your modest proposal for now.

If you have the Wii-U game, play me sometime, or alternatively, @ Xinc Xinc , @ Shogger Shogger , you, and I should arrange to meet in one room since as I recall we're all in LA county. I don't consider myself exceptionally great, but I'm more than happy to help analyze playstyles and help others learn by example.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692

If you have the Wii-U game, play me sometime, or alternatively, @ Xinc Xinc , @ Shogger Shogger , you, and I should arrange to meet in one room since as I recall we're all in LA county. I don't consider myself exceptionally great, but I'm more than happy to help analyze playstyles and help others learn by example.
It makes me jealous that i'm not in America :(
The scene here is barely developed & most of the old guys play melee.

Last edited:

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481

ALL of us should be together in the same room.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
A couple of awards I'd like to add:

Babbling Boar (Top debater) : @ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG
Patient Pork (Most patient and calculating) : @ Vermanubis Vermanubis
Rabid Rookie (Best rookie) : @ Opana Opana
Poisonous Presence (Best at abusing Ganon's intimidation-factor) : @ Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm
Downed but not Doomed (Best at recovering) : @ Vermanubis Vermanubis
Terrain Terrorist (Best at using Stage Gimmicks) : @ Opana Opana

* Just a few - More to come.

Last edited:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
A couple of awards I'd like to add:
Poisonous Presence (Best at abusing Ganon's intimidation-factor) : @ Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm
Gosh, I love that. And intimidation with Ganon is actually very real and true, more so this game then any other.

I've been told countless times that "Ganon scares the **** out of me" (mind my language), or "Ganon is so scary" from all types of player.

Last edited:

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
I wanted to vote Vermanubis but I accidentally voted Z1GMA, though he surely is a person that I estimate.
Now that I think of it, I can think of some awards.

Shogger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shogger
3DS FC
2552-2996-2619
I'd put myself in D tier just from sheer lack of practice. Some of my hobbies are falling by the wayside due to schoolwork, and Smash is unfortunately one of them.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I wanted to vote Vermanubis but I accidentally voted Z1GMA, though he surely is a person that I estimate.
Now that I think of it, I can think of some awards.
It's alright, Mezzo. I won't murder you.

For now :ganondorf:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Can't say where I sit here, but probably in the lower half of things. I make lots of silly mistakes and my tech isn't tight. I mostly rely on reads I feel... so I can do any where from great to awful in any given match, but that's also kind of a symptom of Ganon. A symptom I love. Also, wish I was more adaptable, but I can run into the same wall stubbornly at times. Going off my tourney results... I could be anywhere on the list since I played one of the more novice Ganon's on the board in the first round and arguably the best Ganon there is in the second round, lol.

I really need to play more of you guys. Been busy lately and when I do get a chance to play, I've either been going for challenges or playing All Star/Classic since I have mostly ignored those on the Wii U and I finally wanted to get to that... or I'm playing locally with friends in FFAs using random.

I did play @Sykkamorre more than just a few times and I'd say we're mostly equal with him edging me probably. If anyone knows where Sykka would sit on this list, just put me next to him. I might've improved since then, but probably not significantly.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Master of the Mind @ Vermanubis Vermanubis ( Mind Game/Reads master)
Utility Man @ Z1GMA Z1GMA (I said this about myself before but it applies more to him, he uses so many little things that set him apart.)
Hyperactive @ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG ( Most active throughout the community, whether that be on Youtube, Twitter, Here, or helping and promoting others.)

I like these.

Also, @ Z1GMA Z1GMA Victor1a wants to know where you think they should be. Last thing, I need to play you again, so far on a list of people I want to fight again I have you, A2, Ray, and Adom.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I'll let him know, I know him from somewhere else so I wanted to help him get an idea of where he is.

-VictoriaJustice-

Smash Ace
NNID
Victor1aJust1ce
3DS FC
4768-7937-5552
I've beaten Opana many times, actually. He's beaten me many times as well. We put a good match against each other an' we're both pretty skilled. Definitely a tier below him.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Top of C tier for Vic, but I wouldn't be against testing him for promotion. DLA I wouldn't place yet given we have seen very little of him in Smash 4.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Can I set up games with those on the tier here?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Can I set up games with those on the tier here?
That seems to be the idea if you ask me. As a community, our goal is to progressively increase both our numbers and average skill level. Anyone else who we have heard less about but someone has had good experiences with also should be mentioned here to increase visibility.

@V1cegrip is a Bowser Jr. main who seconds Ganon. I am bringing him up because he's really good and his Ganon, while unrefined, demands respect. His spacing and juggles are on point. I beat him in dittos but mostly because I gimped him more consistently.

Last edited:

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Oh snap I'm on the list! I've only been using him in doubles lately, but maybe I'll start using him singles to ascend the tower of terror :p

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Oh snap I'm on the list! I've only been using him in doubles lately, but maybe I'll start using him singles to ascend the tower of terror :p
I want to challenge you this weekend. I have fond memories of your Ganon, and I have improved a decent amount since we last played years ago. Given you seemed to do pretty well in the online tournament, I imagine I still have things to learn from you.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
That last match was so dumb lol.
GGs man, honestly it feels like we're really even.
Yeah really ggs, imo with customs you're better, without I am, although you're much better with customs while I think I'm a little better without. GGs you play a really smart Ganon, you use the choke better than me. I started using that nair gimp more because of you gimping me through Dark Dive lol.

@ Swoops Swoops I'd like to play you at some point and see how we do if that's alright. I probably can in 30 min if that's cool, gotta play someone first.

Last edited:

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
I want to challenge you this weekend. I have fond memories of your Ganon, and I have improved a decent amount since we last played years ago. Given you seemed to do pretty well in the online tournament, I imagine I still have things to learn from you.
I'm down. Online? You could always come out to AZ, get some matches in during Sandstorm :D.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'm down. Online? You could always come out to AZ, get some matches in during Sandstorm :D.
If you happen to be available now, we can get cracking online. Or later this evening or tomorrow.

I'll host around 20 minutes from now if this catches your attention favorably.

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961

It can't be this week, I'm afraid. I'll probably start going to tournaments again soon, though, and my venue of choice is UGC. Know of any other good ones?

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
If you happen to be available now, we can get cracking online. Or later this evening or tomorrow.

I'll host around 20 minutes from now if this catches your attention favorably.
Can we play if he can't?

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Sounds good, been wanting to rematcg all the dorfs and play some new ones who know what they're doing.

Top Bottom