• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

amageish

Smash Master
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I like the mix of P5DSN costumes and original outfits here. Makoto is finally free from the incredibly dark joke that is her being dressed up as a zombie police officer. I know it's a P2 reference, but still. Too soon.

amageish

Smash Master
There was a problem fetching the tweet

P5R is nominated for Best RPG at the Game Awards!

And also only best RPG... No soundtrack nomination this time, which I feel kind of sucks, but oh well...

ATLUS also got a norm for 13 Sentinels for best storytelling, which is a major surprise to me.

amageish

Smash Master

amageish

Smash Master
Screw Smash speculation; we're rocking the true big Nintendo collab.

Okay... Not that exciting for most people, but if we're getting Strikers content in early 2021... then that could help support a Feb 2021 English release.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers (which is being shortened to Persona 5 Strikers) finally has a release date for the west, at least according to an unlisted YouTube video: February 23rd, 2021.

Also, it's getting a PC port, presumably because Persona 4 Golden did so well.

amageish

Smash Master

P5S has now been announced for real! Woo-hoo! Long time coming, but exciting nonetheless.

They will also be doing one of my least favourite trends in preorders, with the digital deluxe version actually releasing on Feb 19th... I do not love paying for the benefit of getting games earlier, but oh well. I'm guessing this is because the pandemic stopped them from being able to make a physical deluxe edition like they usually do. I mean, if PQ2 got a physical version with a plush toy and other goodies, then I doubt they wouldn't have done it for P5S if it was possible.

Additionally, Lyn will be performing at The Game Awards! Could be a good sign for one of Persona's 25th anniversary projects being announced there, assuming they don't save it for a Persona Sound-Bomb Concert in 2021.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master

Joker formally announced for Dragalia lost! Interestingly, they have a lot of UI stuff taken from Strikers in it too... references that are very accurate from my memory of a demo I played like a year ago.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Hello Everybody, today i got persona 4 from the mail and will plan to play it sometime soon this year, though there is some things i'd like to ask that's concerning me about the true ending, without any spoilers, how do i get the game's good ending let alone the true ending?

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Reviews are starting to come out for the English version of Persona 5 Strikers, and they seem positive so far!

I'm planning to get the game on the Switch - I haven't looked much into gameplay, but I figure that I liked Persona 5 and the other Warriors games that I've played. (I haven't had the chance to play Persona 5 Royal, but going by the review, that doesn't seem to be an issue)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Seeing as it's been roughly two weeks since my last post here, how's everyone enjoying Persona 5 Strikers so far? I'm only on the first Palace/Jail, but I'm having a lot of fun with it - it's nice to not have to worry about a ticking clock. (since there doesn't seem to be any Confidant mechanics, and the calendar only moves forward for plot-related reasons)

I'm surprised that they didn't include a season pass with Kasumi, Crow, and other areas from past Persona games. (I haven't played Royal, so I'm not sure how Crow was handled in that one) Maybe they're waiting for it to be released everywhere?

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Seeing as it's been roughly two weeks since my last post here, how's everyone enjoying Persona 5 Strikers so far? I'm only on the first Palace/Jail, but I'm having a lot of fun with it - it's nice to not have to worry about a ticking clock. (since there doesn't seem to be any Confidant mechanics, and the calendar only moves forward for plot-related reasons)

I'm surprised that they didn't include a season pass with Kasumi, Crow, and other areas from past Persona games. (I haven't played Royal, so I'm not sure how Crow was handled in that one) Maybe they're waiting for it to be released everywhere?
I'm loving Strikers a lot, honestly. They streamlined core Persona mechanics super well - the calendar works well and the Bond system is a decent way of making Confidant benefits be available in a sort of a la carte format. I was expecting it to be a Warriors-y action JRPG: this is way Personaier then I expecting. I'm also loving the new characters and the old cast has some amazing moments - especially Haru, who has so many great lines and moments.

I'm surprised we never got DLC either. I'm wondering if an expandalone is still possible, as otherwise... Maybe Omega Force was just too busy with Age of Calamity and the new Samurai Warriors? As it's ATLUS and Koei teaming up to make a game and it not having DLC; that shouldn't be possible lol.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don’t have the game yet but from what I’ve seen on these trailers, it looks pretty good. Still deciding on whether to get the Switch or PS4 version.

amageish

Smash Master
I wonder if Sophie will be added to Smash as a spirit like how The Tocckles and Partner Pikachu were added?

Phantom strikers already has connectivity with Smash so it's possible
Congratulations; you were correct about something 2 years in advance!

Sophia is coming as a spirit if you own P5S, alongside Arthur if you own Ghost and Goblins.

Both are supposed to be coming in general later. We'll see if Sophia will be added to the Persona spirit board like the Tockles were for DQ. It would be low-key crazy for the spirit board to get larger 2 years after Joker came out.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I beat Persona 5 Strikers 100%, at least as far as I'm concerned. I finished the game, got every recipe, and completed every sidequest, even the Reaper boss battle. There are four Personas that I haven't summoned yet, five if you count Lucifer who's only in New Game Plus, and a few Bond skills that I haven't maxed out yet, but those seem minor by comparison.

I really enjoyed the game - it felt a lot like Persona 5 despite being a wildly different genre, though towards the end, it felt a bit too self-referential (to the point where the characters were outright saying "this is almost exactly like what happened last time!"). I'm really glad that I stocked up on items for the extra difficult shadows like King Frost or Mara, where you have to beat them to get the ability to summon them, as well as the bonus boss who you need to beat to unlock New Game Plus.

The character interactions were the highlight for me; it felt like I was playing Persona 5 all over again. It took me about 46 hours to beat it any unlock New Game Plus (putting it in the top ten for my Switch games in terms of time spent on it), but the time just flew by.

amageish

Smash Master
I beat Persona 5 Strikers 100%, at least as far as I'm concerned. I finished the game, got every recipe, and completed every sidequest, even the Reaper boss battle. There are four Personas that I haven't summoned yet, five if you count Lucifer who's only in New Game Plus, and a few Bond skills that I haven't maxed out yet, but those seem minor by comparison.

I really enjoyed the game - it felt a lot like Persona 5 despite being a wildly different genre, though towards the end, it felt a bit too self-referential (to the point where the characters were outright saying "this is almost exactly like what happened last time!"). I'm really glad that I stocked up on items for the extra difficult shadows like King Frost or Mara, where you have to beat them to get the ability to summon them, as well as the bonus boss who you need to beat to unlock New Game Plus.

The character interactions were the highlight for me; it felt like I was playing Persona 5 all over again. It took me about 46 hours to beat it any unlock New Game Plus (putting it in the top ten for my Switch games in terms of time spent on it), but the time just flew by.
That is a very impressive amount of completion! I still have a few sidequests left, including that big one...

I definitely see your points and agree overall! The game felt far Persona-5-ier then I expected and those final (optional) bosses were intense. I didn't mind the climax myself (though I also kind of assumed it would happen like that given how most Persona games end with you killing a god-like being that is not a god on a technicality) as they added enough unique elements to shake things up. They also really took advantage of the lack of confidants to give the new characters great arcs that are not limited by needing to have exactly 10 moments of major character development, which I really liked. Sophia is probably now one of my favourite characters in the franchise, which feels weird to say about someone (currently) exclusive to a spin-off.

Character interactions were great too for sure. I did find the first few dungeons to be very "Hey, let's give some cast members we underused in the original game extra development," but also I like those characters so... I can't really complain!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Koei-Tecmo put in their all in regards to their appreciation of P5, and it shows, even with the slight genre change.

Also, I find it a bit amusingly ironic how Yakuza goes turn-based while P5 goes action, when it used to be the opposite for both.

amageish

Smash Master

So, uh, Epic Games is asking about if Fortnite players know who Joker is... this list also includes Sans, Goku, and Jim Halpert from The Offfice, so it probably means nothing, but I guess Persona is big enough to be on their radar at this point...

That's... a thing.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

So, uh, Epic Games is asking about if Fortnite players know who Joker is... this list also includes Sans, Goku, and Jim Halpert from The Offfice, so it probably means nothing, but I guess Persona is big enough to be on their radar at this point...

That's... a thing.
To be fair, they already do have the other Joker.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

That's... a thing.
Yuck, i don't think it look great having Joker and the Phantom Thieves of Heart get sucked into Fortnite's dry high crossovers, it's becoming more in more of one rather than it's own series.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

amageish

Smash Master
This just in, Morgana is coming to Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania.

Yeah, I didn't see that coming either.
I'm not too shocked, honestly? When SEGA opened up for crossovers, an ATLUS rep was inevitable and it was really just a matter of Protagonist v Mascot and, if it was mascots, it was Frost v Morgana...

I'd have rathered Frost, but Morgana is fine too. Solid choice.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm not too shocked, honestly? When SEGA opened up for crossovers, an ATLUS rep was inevitable and it was really just a matter of Protagonist v Mascot and, if it was mascots, it was Frost v Morgana...

I'd have rathered Frost, but Morgana is fine too. Solid choice.
I'm pretty sure they're still not ready to get off the P5 hype train, so it'll take a while before Frost gets any lip service again.

At least there's still SMTV.

amageish

Smash Master

Linking the tweet rather than embedding it because of crude language, but Atlus appears to have leaked Persona 5 Royal for Switch and PC.
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but given how the same cosplay contest listed Persona 5 Strikers as a prize only on PS4... I think it just is that they mixed up the subtitles.

It would have been objectively very funny if this was leaked via cosplay contest tho.

amageish

Smash Master
If this is true then i'll be pretty bummed out, i've been interested in the original being on switch and now it's likely they'll focus more on Royal for now on.
I mean, there's not much of a reason to port the worse version of the game at this point... I know ATLUS has done just that with Catherine Classic on PC, but at least that was a couple months before Full Body came out and not a year and a half afterward.

Top Bottom