• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

People do fanart impressively quickly.

Two of my most wanted characters in one action shot.
I love it. I absolutely love it. (and yes, I love that Byleth was included!!)

And Byleth's Gonna Attempt to do the same and Marry Him.
The Female one that is
Joker reaches rank 9 or 10 with her while Byleth reaches S-Support with him. Neat!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, it's funny, I have actually wondered how Persona could be implemented into Three Houses as some sort of bonus character DLC. For fun, of course, but now with Byleth getting in Smash and clashing with Joker, as well as that 4th house announcement, I am once again reexamining that idea.

amageish

Smash Master
And Byleth's Gonna Attempt to do the same and Marry Him.
The Female one that is
Male Byleth could be into it too! He's into dudes...

well, at least two of them anyway... three houses wasn't amazing with balancing the same-gender romantic options between the Byleths...

You know, it's funny, I have actually wondered how Persona could be implemented into Three Houses as some sort of bonus character DLC. For fun, of course, but now with Byleth getting in Smash and clashing with Joker, as well as that 4th house announcement, I am once again reexamining that idea.
I mean, we've got Persona and Three Houses hanging out together in TMS#FEE tomorrow already! What were you thinking?

I was imagining how funny it'd be if the next Legendary Hero in Fire Emblem Heroes was revealed to be Itsuki in his Joker cosplay. People have been speculating on how it could be one of his other more plot-important outfits, but it'd be funny to me if it was just Joker. I mean, they already had to talk to Atlus for TMS#FEE characters at all!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m still waiting on a Kid Icarus/Persona crossover...unlikely to happen sadly

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Male Byleth could be into it too! He's into dudes...

well, at least two of them anyway... three houses wasn't amazing with balancing the same-gender romantic options between the Byleths...
True(Though we have seen no signs of Joker liking guys beyond a certain scene in the Valtines episode of the anime), and actually...

It will now be three! The Ashen Wolves leader, Yuri, can S rank male Byleth. It seems that, with DLC, they are slowly evening things out.

I mean, we've got Persona and Three Houses hanging out together in TMS#FEE tomorrow already! What were you thinking?

I was imagining how funny it'd be if the next Legendary Hero in Fire Emblem Heroes was revealed to be Itsuki in his Joker cosplay. People have been speculating on how it could be one of his other more plot-important outfits, but it'd be funny to me if it was just Joker. I mean, they already had to talk to Atlus for TMS#FEE characters at all!
Also true. I was thinking each Persona protag could be sort of "transfer students" for each of the normal houses. Door-Kun would go to the Blue Lions, Yu would go to the Golden Deer, and Joker would go to the Black Eagles. Obviously they are the matching colors, but I figure they fit thematically as well. Also, considering they just added a new house entirely that will likely still fit in lore, I am sure making a spot for the protags in the lore of Three Houses would work fine as well. No clue on stats though.

At that point I think they would just put Joker in. I mean, he has appeared for less.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
True(Though we have seen no signs of Joker liking guys beyond a certain scene in the Valtines episode of the anime), and actually...

It will now be three! The Ashen Wolves leader, Yuri, can S rank male Byleth. IT seems that, with DLC, they are slowly evening things out.
True as well. I am still very surprised that they had that moment in the anime and won't have a similar moment in P5 Royal (from what I've heard at least)...

That is great to hear! I've been bouncing between the different Byleths for my different playthroughs, so I may go male Byleth on my DLC playthough to try that out...

Also true. I was thinking each Persona protag could be sort of "transfer students" for each of the normal houses. Door-Kun would go to the Blue Lions, Yu would go to the Golden Deer, and Joker would go to the Black Eagles. Obviously they are the matching colors, but I figure they fit thematically as well. Also, considering they just added a new house entirely that will likely still fit in lore, I am sure making a spot for the protags in the lore of Three Houses would work fine as well. No clue on stats though.

At that point I think they would just put Joker in. I mean, he has appeared for less.
Ahhhh, fair. Does FeMC go into the new house as she's the one everybody pretends doesn't exist? *rimshot* It would be interesting for sure, if not especially likely. I imagine Joker would have to be a thief class, but I don't know what everyone else would naturally do. Yu especially is a very well-rounded self-insert.

Joker seems determined to appear in basically every mobile game ever, yes. I mean, if he's appearing in not one, but two different Sword Art Online gachas...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Give me Male please, he's cute.

Anyway, any hopes for p5 2 guys? since it's on the switch.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Joker really bout to sneak into a church

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Isn't it great when voice acting can make these sort of conections?
There was a problem fetching the tweet

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Hi guys, it might be too early for this but i'm thinking about my choice for my girlfriend and i am a bit afraid of messing up, can you please help me a little with how i present myself to the character i'm trying to end up with? it's Haru.

i haven't gotten to her yet, but when i do i like to know what to do.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
So, I recently came across this conversation regarding Hoshino.

https://twitter.com/soulless009/status/1219748519629619200

What do you think about all this?
There are Persona 5 spoilers in that link, so people should be careful...

Hoshino has a lot of variety as a director and I don't think that's especially surprising - I mean, comparing Persona 3 and Catherine should make the variety obvious, even ignoring Nocturne. He's done a lot of good work and been involved in, like, all of the most crticially-acclaimed ATLUS games. That said, I don't generally feel comfortable with statements like "The director did a good job and is personally responsible for [minor detail I liked], but the scenario writers are personally responsible for [minor detail I disliked] as the director cannot control everything." Unless Hoshino does an interview where he reveals some things he had to be talked into doing, we'll never really know. I mean, if they're referring to what is probably Hoshino's most infamous motif - the problems of queer representation in Persona - then it's a writing-team-member-directed game (Persona 3 Portable) that is the only game (besides P2) with queer romance options. So, I'm not super comfortable not giving at least part of the blame to him.

As for Persona Anti-Fans being hypocrites... um... Yes. Yes they are. That's not especially surprising to me...

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Isn't it great when voice acting can make these sort of conections?
There was a problem fetching the tweet
gotta kill him with guns and fire until I know Akechi can be trusted

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Definitely gonna try out the P5S demo next Thursday (or Wednesday for us...idk)

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
That's a solid #mood! I loved Tokyo Mirage Sessions on the Wii U, but I'll admit that replaying it has gotten me in a very "I want a Persona game" mood haha...
That games been good enough to keep me occupied, still waiting on a western release date for phantom strikers.

amageish

Smash Master
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...na_5_to_enjoy_the_story_in_persona_5_scramble

I...don't think the producer understands how this works. Adaptations usually aren't 1:1 to the source material...
I mean, I get what he's trying to say - a vague understanding of the characters would be good, but it's not like you need to have played Persona 5 - but that is definitely a weird way to say it. I wonder if it sounded more natural in the original Japanese...

That said, if Nintendo-related news sites could stop reporting random Persona news in order to bait people into debating about if Persona 5 "needs" a port in the comments of said article thereby increasing their site traffic as people are arguring, then that would be lovely. The internet is in a constant state of anger enough as it is...

Top Bottom