• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I'll toss some thoughts in a spoiler! These thoughts do contain base game P5 spoilers, so stay spoiler-safe everyone.

That is an impressive trailer. Makoto's gameplay still looks super fun and unique, even by Warriors games standards. Jean Valjean being a Persona is perfect theming to the motif of rebellion and, if it is the persona of the police officer and he's actually a pro-Thief double-agent, then that's some great parallelism/reversal of the base game.

Dungeons overall look very cool and I'm a fan - I still find it funny that Persona 5 Strikers and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE share a real-world inspiration for their first dungeons.

The new colour contrast form is probably just a variant on shadows, which is probably good because "One cannot have a shadow self and a persona" is kind of a fundamental rule of Persona and it was kind of weird to break it; however, the decision to make the probably-evil versions of the Phantom Thieves have darker skin is... a decision.

Overall, I'm excited for P5S still. It looks solid.

Also, all of the people being like "Too bad this game is Japan-exclusive" must be very very very new here, given how Persona 5 (Royal), Catherine Full Body, and Shin Megami Tensei V are the only games in a long time where ATLUS has announced the localization of the game prior to it releasing out in Japan.

The only questions that matter are towards the end. They're also fairly obvious, all things considered.
well thank you for the helpful information.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I wasn't expecting it at all either and am kind of surprised they didn't just leave it to be a twist in the game. I like the idea of an older persona user as well, as we haven't had those since... Persona 2.

The department store Shibuya 109, which is turned into Shibuya 106 for TMS#FE and Shibuya 705 for Strikers. Both dungeons seem to play up how the area is a fashion hub and have some sort of fashionsta as their bosses though.

Oh, it could be him going Super Sayian I suppose. That'd be very over-the-top, but this game looks like it took Persona 5's style then made it... more... somehow. I'm not even sure how to feel about it, as its just so intense.

Yeah, they maybe should have started with a more extensive trailer then just "Joker stands on a streetlight," as people didn't take to that very well. Now this is getting a warmer reception then P5R is on some parts of the internet.

Also, how do you feel about this person who definitely won't be important and is totally a random NPC, hence her... having a portrait.
To be fair, it's not like it was super easy to tell. To us analysis freaks, yeah, but it's not super spelled out. I mean, we don't even see his Phantom Thief attire.

Neat. I wonder if they may actually take a nod to that fact, but I doubt it.

Yeah, very well could be his Super Saiyan form, though I get the feeling there may be a cost of some kind. Idk, with the themes of this game, some sort of consequence to using the power makes sense. Not saying it has to be Door-Kun level of cost, but cost none the less.

Oh, most certainly. While P5R is more of the typical RPG goodness some people are looking for, this new story and style of gameplay is looking great.

She feels like the equivalent to that one lady in Ann's confidant, but I could see her being important in some form.

amageish

Smash Master
To be fair, it's not like it was super easy to tell. To us analysis freaks, yeah, but it's not super spelled out. I mean, we don't even see his Phantom Thief attire.

Neat. I wonder if they may actually take a nod to that fact, but I doubt it.

Yeah, very well could be his Super Saiyan form, though I get the feeling there may be a cost of some kind. Idk, with the themes of this game, some sort of consequence to using the power makes sense. Not saying it has to be Door-Kun level of cost, but cost none the less.

Oh, most certainly. While P5R is more of the typical RPG goodness some people are looking for, this new story and style of gameplay is looking great.

She feels like the equivalent to that one lady in Ann's confidant, but I could see her being important in some form.
Very true. I'm interesting in seeing how his outfit changes up.

I wouldn't be too shocked if there was a vague reference. Like, the TMS#FE dungeon has giant mannequins as a major mechanic, so they just have one of those sitting in the building as a casual reference.

That makes sense... I mean, this is a game with an ensemble cast, so they could probably afford for a palace infiltration with him being too tired to participate - assuming he isn't able to be swapped out of the party by default.

Yeah, it is looking fantastic. Honestly, this is shaping up to be a stellar year, especially if ATLUS West can get P5S out by this Holiday.

That's fair. I just find it weird we have a random character with a potrait without further details, as ATLUS generally likes having every minor character detailed in Famitsu haha.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nintendo sure loves Joker and the rest of Persona 5

amageish

Smash Master
I'm hoping this means more ATLUS crossover costumes overall, as the original only having 4 for the first 4 protagonists was kind of overwhelming. I'd love it if everyone else got some, then maybe everyone also gets a Persona costume to lean into its current popularity? I'd love to see Eleonora in a Yukari costume... Tiki as Futaba would be fitting too.

amageish

Smash Master
Opening for Persona 5 Scramble.

They um. Really aren't being subtle about something that seems kind of like a spoiler? I like the song and the animation a lot though. Can't wait to see the English version awkwardly edit the Navi graphics into Oracle.

D

Deleted member

Each day my hype for P5 Scramble keeps growing even more than before.

It truly seems that Koei Tecmo and Atlus knocked it out of the park with this game to the point it could as well be one of the best current-gen Tecmo titles.

Hopefully both versions on PS4 and Switch come to the West.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

It truly seems that Koei Tecmo and Atlus knocked it out of the park with this game to the point it could as well be one of the best current-gen Tecmo titles.

I don’t see any reasons towards why it wouldn’t come to the west

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
They um. Really aren't being subtle about something that seems kind of like a spoiler? I like the song and the animation a lot though. Can't wait to see the English version awkwardly edit the Navi graphics into Oracle.
Yeah, I was kinda surprised by how blatantly they put it out there. Beyond even that, they frame him as a sort of member in the cast during the phone scene, which makes it even more clear.

D

Deleted member

Who do you people plan to main in Scramble when the game does come out in the West?

I personally will wait until I play The Royal to make that choice, since right now I lack the needed knowledge for that choice.

I am kinda biased for Joker due to Smash, but maybe that changes when I play the game.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

I don’t see any reasons towards why it wouldn’t come to the west
There was that one weird period when some titles in the Warriors franchise hadn't been released in the West for no apparent reason, particularly Samurai Warriors Chronicles 2 on 3DS.

Otherwise though I don't think we need to worry at all, seeing how Tecmo-Koei diligently brings over the rest of the series, even tie-in games for the nichest of properties. Absolutely nothing will stop a Warriors-type title from coming, even if it has to be digital-only.

amageish

Smash Master
Yeah, I was kinda surprised by how blatantly they put it out there. Beyond even that, they frame him as a sort of member in the cast during the phone scene, which makes it even more clear.
It's weird, yeah. Maybe he joins very early into the game?

Who do you people plan to main in Scramble when the game does come out in the West?

I personally will wait until I play The Royal to make that choice, since right now I lack the needed knowledge for that choice.

I am kinda biased for Joker due to Smash, but maybe that changes when I play the game.
It looks like a party-heavy game, so I'm unsure if it'll be practical to select a singular main, but I generally want my Warriors characters to be fast with a focus on chip damage. So, I'm guessing Joker and Morgana are going to be up my alley. Makoto looks sick too.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Until further notice, I'll be sticking with my girl Ann.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

besides Joker (cause of course), Makoto the Best Girl and Morgana will have no choice but to be overused by me
There was that one weird period when some titles in the Warriors franchise hadn't been released in the West for no apparent reason, particularly Samurai Warriors Chronicles 2 on 3DS.

Otherwise though I don't think we need to worry at all, seeing how Tecmo-Koei diligently brings over the rest of the series, even tie-in games for the nichest of properties. Absolutely nothing will stop a Warriors-type title from coming, even if it has to be digital-only.
I think Warrior games based on big franchises likely have a bigger priority than most other games in their catalog would...so P5S definitely feels like it’ll release in the West (tho hopefully it’s dubbed unlike PQ2, unless that changed)

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I've been playing Persona 4 dancing, is the place the investigation team is stuck in supposed to be Mementos before Mementos was officially given a name? It seems to trigger a change of heart, the color scheme is red, there are safe rooms that look like the real place in the real world and they make it a point to say it's different than the TV world.

Makoto, always Makoto, nobody else ever
Screenshot_20200112-090542.png

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
1D045357-F1A7-4B3B-B7EE-DD32D39BC269.jpeg

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

There is a point where guest appearances are taken a bit too far.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

oh no, not him

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
probably not far enough

Joker in Smash is still probably the best crossover Persona seems to have gotten so far

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

I love how we as a community can unanimously come together and say that this is stupid.

amageish

Smash Master

I like how they're not just doing one SAO gacha, but both of the SAO gachas. I am interested in seeing what the dialogue in this will be, but that may be me hating himself.

Also, we have pictures of the TMS#FE costume...

62mc89qpila41.jpg

Changing the hair colour and not the eye colour makes it look kind off IMO, but it's cool that it's there at all. I'm still hoping we get more costumes...

Itsuki = Joker. He's the protagonist. Joker is a better character then him, but whatever.
Tsubasa = P3 FeMC. She's the actual protagonist. FeMC is a better character then her, but whatever.
Touma = Ryuji. He's the kindhearted sporty bro.
Kiria = Maya. She's a cool girl who has a stuffed bunny that is important to her for familial reasons.
Eleonora = Yukari. She's a bow-and-arrow user who is a serious actor. Alternatively, Ann or Lisa as she's the obligatory half-white blonde.
Mamori = Ken. She's the child in the group. Alternatively, Yukiko, as she's soft-spoken and it'd be funny for the cook to have a Yukiko costume.
Yashiro = Ekichi. He's the bad boy who joins the team somewhat inadvertently.
Maiko = I can't think of anyone with notable parallels here... Honestly, Sae may fit the best, in spite of not being a party member.
Barry = Teddie. He already has a history of dressing up in mascot suits anyway...
Tiki = Rise. She's the singing support character. Alternatively, Igor or Caroline/Justine, as she runs the fusion-alike.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm seriously starting to wonder what Sak's definition of "too recent" is. Granted, AC is only one game...

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Everyone dies...Byleth or Edelgard or Claude...please stay alive

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I really hope that Joker’s costume in TMS means a direct is happening this week before the game releases.

amageish

Smash Master
So, idk where their source is from, but NintendoLife's report on the TMS#FE costume claims that Joker is only one of a set of Persona 5 costumes. We have 7 TMS#FE party members and... 10 Phantom Thieves... I'm going to guess:

Itsuki = Joker
Tsubasa = Panther
Touma = Skull
Kiria = Fox
Eleonera = Queen
Mamori = Noir
Yashiro = Crow

Support Characters:
Maiko = Kasumi
Barry = Mona
Tiki = Oracle

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

amageish

Smash Master
Well, it looks like FF7R has been delayed to April, darn it. At least this won't get in the way of The Royal's US release in a couple months.
FF7R has gone from beginning the chaotic period for game releases to be smack dab right in the middle of it... It's squished in-between P5R and Cyberpunk...

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
i have another question to ask, i know that dating multiple woman is bad but what happens if you have valentines day with simply two girls? i'm asking this because i want to try and increase ryuuji's confidant after finding that he's just simply your best friend and not gay(thank god) but he shows during valentines day in which i find rather weird. so is there a problem with simply having two girls on valentines? because i don't want to see ryuuji there with me.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
i have another question to ask, i know that dating multiple woman is bad but what happens if you have valentines day with simply two girls? i'm asking this because i want to try and increase ryuuji's confidant after finding that he's just simply your best friend and not gay(thank god) but he shows during valentines day in which i find rather weird. so is there a problem with simply having two girls on valentines? because i don't want to see ryuuji there with me.
Try having a valentines day date with one girlfriend, then get caught by the other two (instead of all of them)...or just get caught by one girl while romancing the other

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Try having a valentines day date with one girlfriend, then get caught by the other two (instead of all of them)...or just get caught by one girl while romancing the other
i don't wanna do that, i was just concern about ryuuji showing up and again i don't want him to treat every thing as what people are viewing it as.

Top Bottom